<  Important Messages  ~  Server Migration & Upgrade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Quiet or not, the show must go on.

I've been lucky enough to get an upgrade to my hosting package and have duly migrated our forum to the new host.

I've also upgraded the phpBB software from the ancient buggy version it was on, to a newer, less buggy more secure version (I hope).

I may well dick around with it some more and break it good. Who knows?

Meanwhile, the default vampy style does make the screen rather small on new big monitors, so I find it much better to zoom the forum in and fill the screen. You mileage may vary, but I was loathe to ditch our theme for the rather ugly blue default.

If you dislike this, the ugly blue default is available, you can select it in your profile.

Nice thing for me is that a lot of the broken stuff in the admin panel now works again, so that's nice. I will have a good fiddle with it over the next day or so.

Edit: It seems that due to some language issues, various bits of post text haven't properly transferred. This is due to stuff like "couldn’t" with garbage characters where there should be an apostrophe. I do have all the original texts but it's too big of a job to go through the whole database to fix it. Thus, if you find an empty posting which you would like restored, please let me know and I'll deal with it on a case by case basis.
Edit2: Fixed the above, all posts (I believe) are now showing correctly. Let me know if you find any still missing.

Happy Easter!!

Tromador/Julius/Stef :)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:55 pm Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
thank you

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:13 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Bless you O'Mighty Admin.