<  Chit-Chat  ~  Aimless Rambling

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Ah...another day, another rapidly devaluing dollar.

Got up at 6:50 this morning and hit the gym. Felt like crap with stone feet from the drinking last night. Not a wild evening, just enough drinks to kill me in the morning. I HAVE to stop drinking so much beer. It's just awful for me and makes me so incredibly full. Blech. I need to get sophisiticated and start drinking wine again...or...GASP!...water.

So...hit the gym and then came home to get ready for work. When I got home, I turned off my car and the dash symbols starting blinking on and off...clicking over and over...but here's the kicker. AFTER I had turned the car off and taken out the key. Bizarre. Whatever the problem is, it does NOT bode well for yours truly.

I mean c'mon, I only need ONE MORE semester out of this car and then I'll be sitting pretty with my degree and a new (better paying) job. Then I'll buy a Jeep Wrangler and "Weeee!". So now I finally have arrived at work (the car relaxed and went back to normal) and I'm waiting to flee from the desk into the back office where I have to hide because there's three of us here today and the brass is desperately trying to cut hours. One of us must hide...and it must be ME! For I have the schoolwork to complete! I must read my book, Fathers and Sons, by Ivan Turgenev before tomorrow evening and I'm on page 5! Eep!

Btw, I'm dressed quite European today. Recently I've been trying to rebel against American Baggyism. That is, the tendency of Americans to wear HUGE size clothing...even dress clothing! Even my suit looks like a trashbag when compared to my British counterparts. It's quite embarrassing.

However I was recently informed by my boss that in the summer I'm no longer required to wear a suit. So I put on my grey form fitters and BANG! I'm officially effemenite! Woot!

So...that's my day. How about yours?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Try wine and soda...very refreshing and last's so much longer than just a glass of vino :)

We got a new car....well 2 years old to be exact...anyway we have had it about 2 months now and this red light has started flashing on it ...something to do with engine management....D's not happy and has had words with the car showroom on the phone. There's nothing they can do till the 10/8 so it means we have to go on holiday in a car that is feeling a bit rough.

yes it's that time of year again ...holiday.......ah yes sheer bliss.....well it would be if we were sat on a beach lol but no this year we are staying in the UK and going camping, its going to be fun though. But Ive spent a few hours today going round the camping shops gathering mess tins....lights....you name it I got it lol

Ami still hasn't had the bump ....the heat is making her a right miseryboots.....nothing is right for her and if you say anything to her she just gives the *look* :: shudders::

other than that I've not done much really :)

You mean a baggy suit like Don Johnson used to wear in Miami vice?
:P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
Well its noon.. ive been up for 2 hrs...

I stayed up drinking too much again.. and so did Misty. so we are taking turns recovering..

Unlike Gabe i had a reason to drink last night((, Not that that is always the case))

MY job at the mental Hospital is Horrid. ppl blameing you for all there problems and you have to sit there and take it.. you have to be kind to someone who insults you, your family, and threatens to do bodily harm to you.

BUT DRAIN GOT HIMSELF A NEW JOB... NO MORE BROKEN RIBS FROM PATIENTS FOR ME. OFFICE LIFE HERE I COME.

Gabe can i borrow some of those baggy clothes.. my wardrobe is kinda short on nice clothes being that i havent needed them in so long.

\

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Well congrats Drain-o! Well done!

Hmmm...lets see. Today I am...sitting here at work until 3:30 PM or so, at which point I will head home and take a sweet arse nap for an hour or so, and then it's off to a local restaraunt for a goodbye party for a coworker. Frankly I'd rather be dead...but Affie demands I attend, so alas...I resign myself to my fate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarEvil yet deliciousPosts: 164Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:49 am
It's been a long week and I'm very grateful that the weekend has finally arrived. This week I've been busy attempting to train my replacement. Although she has been with the company for two whole weeks, she has somehow managed to convince my idiot manager to give her this coming week off so she can have an extended dirty weekend away with her boyfriend. Burning the candle at both ends is wearing me out and I need to see my doctor so I asked for last Friday morning off (approximately two hours) but was refused. FFS. This is why I am leaving.

I moved into my house four weeks ago and am still waiting for the phone company to connect my phone line. I have all the cabling and wiring in place (digging up the garden wasn't necessary), I even had a dial tone on the 17th but that vanished on the 20th. Every day I phone the faults help line and report my phone as still faulty and every day those inept morons phone back and tell me that their system shows it was connected on the 17th. No shit, but now it doesn't work and they're too thick to realise that sometimes, just sometimes, computers are wrong. They just won't send a tech to check the line. I live in a major capital city in the twenty-first century and am literally a stone's throw from the phone company's primary training centre - why the FUCK can't I get the phone on??

Four weeks on and my air-con still doesn't work either. I've had eight service calls booked, but those dickheads only turned up on four of those occasions. They are absolutely convinced that the system is working but each time they send someone out, he messes with something then announces it as working without actually testing anything. The faults have been many and varied but at the moment it is displaying the right lights and making the right noises but the air it blows into each room is the same temp as the outside air. Aah, the joys of being a home owner. :roll:

On the flipside, I'm loving everything else about the house. My furniture arrived last week and it looks fantastic though I am short three chairs. I dont have the energy to moan about that debaucle but apparently I'll have them next week.

I keep having to remind myself that it could be worse. A lot worse. I could live in Lebanon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Any pics of the new crib?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
sorry for all your problems Batts,, i have some chairs if you would like to come pick them up.. and my neighbor is a airconditioning man so if you wnat ill send him out.. but i think when he goes out of the city he charges more.. but just tell him you know me and the service call could be dropped .. but not the driveing fee.

well . the heat index is up in the low 100s.. and the kids are asleep.. so me and Misty are going swimming for a few without kidds.. talk to you all later

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:47 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Me, I've been walking around the block. Every morning. Without stopping, wheezing, pain or the pull from muscles that don't want to move! Matter of fact, one of those days was a very BRISK walk. :D

Now, what is it we all do when feeling on top of the world and that we're in great shape (but really aren't!!)?? OVERDO! Of course! And I've done it... two days in a row! Gads, I hurt! :(

But don't feel sorry for me. Just means I've finally found my legs again and I am so freakin' delighted that I could cry! :shock: If you knew how long it's been since I could do that.... *blissful sigh*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Congrats hun!!

I've done a 26 mile bike ride this weekend! It took me hours but the feeling of achievement was fantastic.
keep up the good work hun it will all pay off in the end :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Longest bike ride I did was coupla weeks back, cycled 30 miles in all. Felt fantastic but exhausted and the result? Ankle sprain :/ Had the following day off work.

Still, cycling through all the surrounding countryside and it's villages was great fun....esp the lunchtime pause for liquid refreshments in Church Fenton ;)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Devaluing dollar!?!? Good lord, I experienced that first hand last weekend. Went to Canada with the girly and her daughter. The $US is now on par with $Canada. I remember the heady days when going to Canada was like a 60% off sale. Looks like the world finally figured out to lower the US from superpower status. Rather clever really.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Pfffffffffffffffft! I laugh at the world's pitiable attempts to knock us from our throne! You will never bring us down...NEVER!!!!

Can anyone loan me a buck...or a pound...or a euro...?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:51 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
I can loan you a...pound on the condition that you graduate, up sticks and immigrate to York :)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Just thinking...

...would it be "an euro"?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm good point.

DOWN WITH THE EU! DOWN WITH THE EURO!

Offline Profile ICQ