<  UK  ~  Shadows of England (repost)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:13 pm Reply with quote
LasombraPosts: 0Location: Wherever the Dark one leaves a trailJoined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:05 pm
Throughout the ages supernatural forces have ruled and directed the world around them remaining hidden from the eyes of humanity by an elaborate masquerade that allows them to thrive in the shadows where they see humans as pawns and cattle in an endless battle for control and gracing the world with there darkness. Humanity has found sanctuary in the light where the shadows are forced into hiding bringing a source of hope and safety from the incomprehensible evil around them.

But there is one place in this world of darkness where the earth is not graced by the light of life, a place of rumour and of legends where untold nightmares come true within the remote dying countryside of Bath. Upon the dry cracking ground surrounded by twisted and haunted oak tress resides a mansion of darkness haunted by eternal shadows reaming unscathed by the light of day and where night is constant.

This mansion of ancient construction stands firm enclosed in the comforting grip of the shadows that ward away the light and its minions. Residing in this mansion is the “House of Valdemar” a sect of powerful vampires of the Lasombra blood line thus they are a proud people with a concept of honour and worth as well as having a deep vindication for heritage and so being stubborn and forthright enough to hold true to the attitudes and opinions of the nobles of aeons ago.

There pride of heritage can become a deadly trait in the hands of these vampires who are perfectionists thus becoming obsessed with many aspects of their lives. Because of the curse inflicted on these vampires image has become everything to them and the loss of reflection has perverted there souls making them vain. They are also a ruthless clan who have little pity for the weak, killing them rather than having the imperfect survive.

As such the practices within the House of Valdemar are old worldly and often those long forgotten in ancient times. There appearance is somewhat gothic with elaborate and archaic clothes similar to those worn by powerful nobles in times past. The construction of the building was mainly of large stones and thick oak with the only coverings being a few heavy rugs and wall tapestries that were a rich deep red colour with gold highlights.

Pictures of vampires with particularly important heritage, such as Lord Leopold Valdemar (head of the house), dominated the walls and furniture akin to that of the middle ages was found scattered throughout the mansion. Candles and lanterns provided the only source of light while blades provided ornamental decoration and coats of arms were proudly displayed.

However things within the bath countryside have not remained without conflict. A equally as powerful family of werewolves have also tried to reside in the same area of land which has led to centuries of untold violence between the Vampires and the Werewolves. Brutal conflicts ranging from all out war to brief skirmishes have left both sides vulnerable and weakened. However over the last hundred years an unofficial truce has been signed with both sides avoiding each other with only a few territorial conflicts.

On a particularly dark night over half a century ago something more evil than the vampires within the mansion would begin a game that would change all of this…

Will level you completely
Bring to life everything that you fear
Live in the dark, and the world is threatening
Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:17 pm Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
A shiver ran deep through Mark Archer’s body as he stepped through the boundary of the night and into the depths of the shadows. He was now in an area of land suffering from the touch of frost; plants withered and died from the touch of the shadows that leached heat from the soil like ice.

As he edged further and further into the dead wastelands he felt shadows creep up around both his legs as though it was a vine plant crawling slowly up a tree. As Mark struggled to move his feet he felt two more shadowy arms appear from the darkness that wrapped around his wrists. Struggling against his bounds his eyes darted like a trapped animal in search of its captor.

A ghostly visage of a man seeped forth from the shadows moving closer towards Mark. Like a mist the veil of shadow dissipated leaving behind a pale skinned man wielding a crossbow aimed directly at Mark.

“What are you? Friend or enemy? One with the lupines or one with the kindred?” his Spanish accent tinted his English words as he spoke. “Answer now!”

Mark’s lips parted into a smug smile as he gazed into the eyes of his attacker “Is that a rhetorical question?”

The Spaniard’s face remained emotionless as he starred on at Mark. A heavy sigh escaped Mark’s mouth “come on lighten up and let me go.”

“It still evades me if thou art kindred or lupine. I guess I will have to find out the hard way” A loud click sounded as the crossbow hurled its rune engraved bolt with a silver tip though the air ; embedding itself in Mark’s shoulder.

“AHHH! Bloody hell that hurt” Mark starred on at his attacker with anger as he gritted his teeth in pain. The shadows released Mark who fell to his knees in agony. Reaching up to his shoulder Mark ripped the bolt out of his undead body.
Lowering his weapon the vampire walked swiftly over to Mark and helped raise him to his feet.

“Forgive me, these are eternally troubled times for the House of Valdemar. I am Alfonzo of Valdemar, childe and vassal to my liege Lord Leopold Valdemar. ”

Brushing the dirt from his garments Mark looked upon Alfonzo and then glanced to the bolt and crossbow. “What’s with the shoot first and ask questions later plan of action?”

“Our house has long been at war with a viscous and wild pack of werewolves. For centuries we have clashed in battles and wars that have lasted decades. However recently we have had an unofficial truce with the lupines. A fragile truce that I fear will not last.”

“Oh I guess there a little edgy for a fight then?” Mark smirked as casually slipped his hand towards his pocket brushing aside his jacket.

Alfonzo gazed up into the bleak black sky reminiscing as he spoke in a longing tone “They are blood thirsty and rabid animals that need to be put down. If they dare violate our boundary’s again I will ensure every last one of those filthy mutts are gasping for there last breaths under the full moon!.” With a burdened sigh he looked distantly into the darkness. “We must follow the traditions laid down before us by Caine and our ancestors. Come I will take you to my lord.”

“Oh wait just one last thing…” An evil smile crossed Mark’s face. “Did anyone tell you that you talk top much?” Pulling forth the blade from behind his jacket Mark thrust it into the chest of Alfonzo as he turned to face Mark with a puzzled look.

Withdrawing the blade sharply before plunging once more into Alfonzo he laughed loudly. “Looks like the game is afoot Dr. Watson!”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:18 pm Reply with quote
LasombraPosts: 0Location: Wherever the Dark one leaves a trailJoined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:05 pm
The large dominant form of Leopold Valdemar remained silent and motionless within the elegant throne that occupied the centre of the small hexagonal shaped room. Upon every wall was a picture of each of the once great and powerful rulers of the House of Valdemar who had previously dominated this room. A raging fire burned to the left of the throne with a mirror above it. Directly in front of Valdemar a young student of the arts and member of the toreador clan moved her brush with elegant strokes across the canvas as she continued her work of art.

As her final stroke touched the canvas she rose, took a few steps backwards and curtsied before Valdemar in her fabulous ball gown. “I have completed your portrait as you desired milord.”

Raising from his seat the large body of Valdemar moved towards the young artist, the shadows parted and formed around him like the ocean would around a boat. After a few moments of contemplation of the painting he turned to face the artist. A burning anger and hatred flared in his eyes as the shadows formed around him.

His fist wrapped around the neck of the cowering artist with an iron grip that she could not resist as he raised her a few inches from the ground leaving her legs to dangle as her fingers clawed at his hand.
Moving over to before the fire he stood and looked into the mirror, forcing the artist to do likewise.

“Do you see the curse that is bestowed upon me? I look into this mirror, this surface that reflects what I am and yet I see nothing. All I have are memories of nights long forgotten from when I was alive to remind me of my beauty.”

Lowering the young women to her feet he gripped tightly to her left shoulder keeping her motionless as his other hand gently stroked her hair.

“But you can see every time you look what you are, your soft skin, smooth silky hair and those diamond eyes of yours.” Sighing heavily he increased his grip on her getting a yelp in response from the artist. “So you choose to paint an image of me that is not even worthy of a nosferatu! If I am to suffer this fate then you are too suffer an even worse fate!”

Grabbing a hold he her hair Valdemar thrust her face into the mirror smashing it into shards. Pulling her head back sharply he then began to slowly engrave an archaic symbol upon her face. With another thrust he pushed her head into the fire that began to immediately eat away at her hair and burn her delicate features.
In one last effortless move he discarded her body across the room where it came to lay at the feet of several guards by the entrance to the room. Turning so his back faced the guards he gazed into the fire he spoke in a montone voice.

“For violating the old ways and breach of Caine’s second tradition you will suffer by our sacred code of lextalionis! From this day forth you will be branded with the mark of a traitor on every full moon and cast into the dungeons where you will continue to suffer such fate until your beast consumes all that is left of your soul and you are put down like a wild animal.”

As the last word left his mouth the guards dragged away the broken toreador as she screamed for mercy that fell silent and unheard. Just as he was about to take his throne back the door swung open once more.

“Why do you disturb me Barnaby?”

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:19 pm Reply with quote
The young Vassal of Lord Valdemar known as Barnaby Fraser stood in the doorway with the battle worn body of Mark Archer staggering behind him, being supported by a guard on either side. Bowing his head slightly in an attempt to avoid eye contact he began to speak to his liege.

“Lord Valdemar we found this vampire badly wounded and attempting to reach your domain. He began to tell us of a wolfman and one of our scouts but milord he keeps fading in and out…”

Valdemar lowered his body with a weary effort into his throne and made a gesture towards the guards who dragged Mark’s limp body before the Valdemar and forced him into a kneeling position

With an old and heavy sigh Valdemar propped himself up on one arm and gazed upon Mark “So… Who is it that comes before Valdemar, Lord of this domain, Member of the clan Lasombra, of the High Clans in such a pitiful state and dreadful appearance?”

Moaning in pain from the hard touch against his wounds Mark reached into his pocket and pulled out the “House Valdemar Broach” that he had taken form Alfonzo’s body and dropped it before Valdemar.

Reclining into his throne Valdemar sighed heavily before turning to face Barnaby. “Take him to one of guest quarters in the west wing. We shall extend hospitality to this young one until he is fully rested and then he will explain himself to us…”

Mark felt himself being picked up again as the guards, led by Barnaby, carried him away to his new haven. The soft and old mattress of the four poster bed brought warmth and comfort to his back as it shaped itself around the contours of his body. As he rested motionless he felt cold hands against his body as his ripped clothing was removed from and then he felt the soft careful ministrations of a warm cloth being applied to the worst of his wounds.

As his carer left he heard the door shut with a heavy bang. Sitting up slightly Mark noticed the distinct lack of mirrors within the room. Laying back down again he smiled as he allowed his vampiric power to disappear and the wounds along with them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Barnaby Fraser slid into the room by pushing the door to the room open with his back, carrying a cloth and bowl in one hand and in the other a chalice of blood. Moving over to the dressing table he placed both objects down. Rinsing the cloth in the warm water he dried it out and then turned round. A Startled look crossed his face as he was surprised to see Mark standing before him.

As he began to speak the words left his mouth with an uneasy tone reflected in his stutter as his eyes began an awkwardly slow journey down Mark’s naked body. “I …err I… I brought you some…”Barnaby’s returned his gaze back into Mark’s eyes “I thought you might like something to eat”

Mark leaned against Barnaby, pushing there bodies together as he whispered seductively into his ear “I’d love something to eat…”

Barnaby let out a contempt yet longing moan as Mark pushed his body past him and moved to the dressing table. He struggled once more for words “Yo…your wounds are hea…healed”

Mark smiled coyly as he cocked his head to the side and glanced to Barnaby “Oh I have a lot of stamina” Mark raised the chalice of blood to his mouth and began to feverishly drink the blood.

Glancing towards the door Barnaby shifted uncomfortably “I sho…should probably leave”. As he took several steps towards the door he felt a firm hand grip onto his shoulder, spinning him around and before he could do anything he felt his lips parting as Mark’s tongue thrust its way into his mouth.

An intoxicating feeling consumed him as the warm fresh blood (that Mark drank from the chalice) seeped slowly from the depths of Mark’s mouth and into his own as there tongues probed each other in this kiss of blood; loosing himself in this passion he began to moan loudly. Barnaby stumbled back from the kiss nervously as he felt Mark rip his shirt from his body.

“I… I…” Barnaby took several steps back as he spoke.

Mark closed the distance by taking a few steps forward and placing his finger over Barnaby’s mouth. “Shhh don’t say anything. I know this is strange for you… you are still young, innocent and beautiful.” Barnaby glanced down distantly to the floor as he felt Mark’s blood covered lips press against his forehead.

“It’s not about making love like a mortal, or the companionship of our spirit’s or even the pleasure that we can have with our bodies… its not the craving of sex you desire. Its blood, everything is about blood and I’m going to show you why…”

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Propping himself up on his elbow into a half sitting position Mark gazed upon the naked and innocent body of the exhausted Barnaby. Reaching into the wardrobe in the room Mark took a hold of some clothes roughly his size. The fabric of the old fashioned cloth was a little rougher than he was used to but none the less they felt warm against his blood awakened flesh. As he was about to leave the room he glanced at Barnaby and shook his head as a sadistic smile creped across his face. “Sweet Dreams my love…” the door closed silently behind him as he left his quarters.

Mark worked his way through the large mansion with the guidance of a few ghouls and kindred until he came across the room he was looking for, the recreational area of Lord Valdemar’s Domain. As he entered the room he was quite shocked to find the Lord sat upon a great chair facing another with a Chessboard between them. This would have not been too unusual except for the fact that Valdemar was playing against his own shadow.

As Mark inched his way into the room he caught the attention Valdemar who glanced in his direction. “Ah the sleeper has awakened and perhaps he is refreshed enough to now speak to me instead of just drool at my feet.” Gesturing towards the seat he motioned for Mark to sit as his shadow slowly rose and became part of Valdemar once more in a disturbing manor that made Mark quite uncomfortable with the shadow play surrounding him.

“Now stranger you will tell me who you are and the events that have transpired since your arrival here and then we will discuss what is to be done. Oh and lets have a friendly game while we talk”

As Mark scraped over a few details about himself he then told the tale of how he had been on the borders of Valdemar’s domain when he heard the fight between Alfonzo and a lupine. But tragically just as he arrived the lupine had finished with the vampire scout and then got a jump on Mark, badly wounding him before fleeing into the darkness.

A heavy burden showed on Valdemar as he contemplated the information presented to him. “What you say may be the work of our enemy house but I can not jump to conclusions. You’re a stranger in my home and yet you bring the gravest news that could lead to a massacre. I can not act on this until more is known” As he spoke he moved his piece into a position that put Mark in check mate. As he stood to leave the room he looked back at Mark “It looks as though you have been beaten my friend. My condolences to you…”

Mark sighed disappointedly as Valdemar left the room. “Fine my lord… if you’re not going to play by the rules then I’ll find someone who will…”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Barnaby stirred from his heavy slumber with a gentle and contempt moan. Stretching out his limbs he was a little surprised to find the bed was empty. Slowly he pulled himself up into a sleeping position and rubbed his eyes as he let out a yawn.

He winced and let out a groan as he tried to move his sore and tired body. Looking down he saw the scratches, cuts and other signs of his previous night of fiery passion. He gently caressed his wounds, following the outlines of them as he mind raced with thoughts and his heart realised that there had been a change.

This morning seemed more meaningful than the rest of his whole life and unlife. The power of the blood and the realisation of what he truly was had set him free. Something deep inside him had changed and the world would never be the same again. He was now left with a deep and dark craving.

Sliding out of bed he wrapped the sheets around his waist as he wondered around the room for any sign of Mark’s presence, but there was none to be found. His aching body grudgingly obeyed his command as he moved to the adjoining bathroom.

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Bone and tree collided with a sickening crack when the werewolf hurled the body of Mark into the base of a large oak tree. His body slumped to the floor as blood gushed to escape from his mouth. Bruises were heavy and cuts deep from his battle with the adolescent lupine

The massive creature moved with the unusual grace as it approached the body of Mark. As it towered over its defeated foe the lupine raised its head to stare into the moon as it let out a terrifying howl. Its battle cry was cut short as it felt an unexpected sharp feeling to its chest. As its eyes slowly moved down it looked upon Mark with a surprised look of denial.

Mark’s arm was shaking from the agonising strain as he held the silver tipped spear that ran through the beating heart of the beast. With a loud thud it’s enraged from fell to the muddy floors of the forest. Bringing himself to his feet with the help of the spear he looked upon the body of the lupine. Taking a few moments he used the power of his blood to heal the worst of his wounds.

He walked with a limp to his backpack that had been knocked form his body during the battle. Opening it up he removed the silver Machete and a flag with the family crest of the House of Valdemar that had once hung in the walls of their mansion. Walking to the corpse of the lupine he placed the silver blade against its neck.

A evil and proud luck crossed his face as he admired his handiwork with a little chuckle he turned and resumed his walk back to the vampire mansion leaving the spear firmly planted in the ground upon witch was the Lupines head and the flag hanging proud in the breezy wind.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Barnaby had paced up and down the halls of the mansion aimlessly while his mind wondered distantly into memories of his time with Mark as a deep longing and feeling of emptiness preoccupied his heart. Seconds turned into minutes, minutes into hours and hours seemed to last eternally.

“What’s driving yah crazy?”

Barnaby let out a little sigh then looked to Mark who was now standing behind him.
“Oh I just m… mi…. “ Barnaby stopped mid stutter and forced a smile across his face “nothing”

Mark slowly approached Barnaby until there bodies were pressed tightly together. Barnaby let out a sharp moan as Mark’s hand slid down between them. Mark leaned to whisper playfully into Burnaby’s ear “It doesn’t feel like nothing to me”.

Mark grabbed Barnaby by his collars and thrust him up against the wall as there lips met in and erotic kiss and there hands roamed each others body.

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Another long night of passion had ended with Barnaby lying in the arms of Mark as there sleep was protected by the heavy shield of the curtains. Sunset was arriving and with it another precious night. Barnaby rolled over in Mark’s arms and starred lovingly into his face. His hand softly stroked Mark’s cheek as he smiled. Barnaby leaned over and kissed his lovers forehead which got a stir from Mark.

Marks body stiffened and his eye lids opened with strain as he shrugged of the heavy slumber. “Morning gorgeous…” Mark spoke slowly and seductively before greeting Barnaby with a passionate morning kiss. “How are you baby?”

“I’m feeling gr..great” Barnaby smiled coyly “do you wa..want something to drink?”

“Maybe later sexy but for now how about we just talk? I have some questions id love to ask you” Mark smiled warmly and as his hands gently massaged Burnaby’s neck in a relaxing manor.

“What do you want to Know?”

Mark and Barnaby talked for what seemed like hours about the history of the House of Valdemar and how things had changed with time. Barnaby did not know much except that which he was taught, being such a young vampire and all. The main topic of conversation they had revolved around the past tensions and conflicts with the lupines. As Mark delved deeper and deeper into the lupines he began to ask questions about how they guarded themselves from the lupines and if they had any form of early warning system.

It took a lot of reassurance on Mark’s behalf to get Barnaby to reluctantly tell him of the watch tower they had in the highest point of the Mansion which overlooked there domain and also provided them with the ability to survey the surrounding lands

The conversation then returned into a more discrete direction as he probed Barnaby with useless questions for which the answers he barely listened to.

Mark kissed Barnaby again allowing there tongues to dance in fiery passion. Breaking the kiss he ruffled up Burnaby’s hair and then slid slowly out of bed and reached for his trousers and casually rummaged through his backpack discreetly retrieving a small vial of liquid before walking towards the door.

Barnaby sat up sharply allowing the bed covers to slowly slide from his body. “Www… Where are you going?”

“Oh to get that drink you wanted earlier.”

Barnaby stayed motionless as he watched the door close behind Mark. Settling back into bed he smiled as a warm sensation ran through his body.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Barnaby sat on the edge of the bed feeling quite tense as he awaited the return of Mark who had been gone a long time for such a simple task as getting the morning refreshments. As the door to the room opened he jumped to his feet with eager anticipation. Mark walked into the room and straight to the dressing table where he placed down the two goblets and hovered over them as he readied the drink.

“Wh…what took you so long?” Barnaby’s question was followed by a moment of silence “Mark?” another silence “Mmm…Mark are you alright?

A little groan that was barley recognisable as acknowledgment left Mark’s mouth as he turned around holding a goblet in each hand. A look of concern shot across Barnaby’s face as he saw the large vibrant red wound, resembling a scratch running across Mark’s chest. He swiftly walked over to Mark and his hands glided over the sore wound which got a gasp from Mark. “What ha…happened? Did you get into a fi..fight?”

“Oh it’s nothing I think my old wounds must have just been aggravated or something…” He leaned forward and kissed Barnaby on the forehead “Nothing to worry about baby”

A hard look of contemplation seemed to preoccupy Burnaby’s face until he shyly looked away with a look of coy happiness. Walking over Mark raised his head with his hand and handed him a goblet of blood.

Both kindred now stood facing each other with a goblet of blood In hand. Mark raised his glass to his lips but stopped midway as a smile crept across his face. “How about a toast, a toast to us?”

Barnaby smiled back as he raised his glass and tapped it against Mark’s “To us!” and then brought the glass to his lips. He drank the blood down swiftly with a deep thirst while Mark placed his still full goblet down on the dresser.

Barnaby coughed violently as he dropped his goblet to the floor. His body began to sway slightly as he rubbed his head as if he were drugged “Whoa… I .. What’s… ha…happening to me?” Barnaby dropped to his knees as he let out a gasp.

A dark and sinister transformation consumed Mark as he knelt down beside Barnaby brandishing a large ornate dagger in hand. He leaned to whisper into Burnaby’s ear with a cruel tone.

“Oh no look’s like somethings overcome you? Ive got to say that you’re the hottest guy ive ever played with, and I don’t mean our bed time activates although that was fun. Making you think I loved you and all. Also I think you were the most innocent and stupid son of a bitch I’ve had the pleasure of playing with. So gullible and ready to believe, willing to just tell me all I needed to know. With your help the lupines will arrive and your House will be unprepared for the oncoming slaughter. Oh don’t feel that bad you only betrayed your clan.”

Thin beads of tears slowly ran down either side of Barnaby’s cheeks as he tried to talk between pain filled sobs “N…N…Noo. What ha…have I done?”

Mark effortlessly pulled Barnaby to his feet as he gritted his teeth and spoke with a dark feral voice “And that’s another thing you stuttering fool I wish you’d shut the fuck up!” Mark rammed the blade viscously into the chest of Barnaby who gasped in horror as his poisoned body was unable to resist the attack. Leaving the blade within Barnaby’s chest Mark pushed him with enough force to smash through the window and land below several floors with a hard thud against the dry ground.

“They’ll be coming home soon….” He smiles smugly

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:32 pm Reply with quote
The sound of smashing windows, breaking objects and the general commotion of tavern brawl was heard throughout the House of Valdemar’s Mansion. Mark casually searched the room for his shirt and gathering his belongings before he walked cautiously through the long wide hallways of the building. It was when he reached the huge ball room of the mansion when he saw the full scale of the battle.

Shadows lashed out from the darkness trying to bind or attack the lupine invaders that were generally outnumbered four to one but seemed to have little problem causing the final death swiftly to most of there attackers. The body’s of dead soldiers on both side lined the floors as the victors of battles elsewhere flooded to this part of the mansion as in a dark summoning was being called forth.

The most startling aspect to the fight was Lord Leopold Valdemar who stood strong and powerful as he dominated the battle ground. Darkness lashed out from his body constraining his victims that his potence charged immortal body had no trouble slaying. His efforts seemed to turn the tide of the battle in his favour.

Mark stood in the corner of the room as he watched the lupines slaughter a few of the Lasombra vampires before getting butchered by the Lord of Shadows who’s own shadow and taken up its own sword and gone into battle.

As the last of the were-beasts in the room feel to the vampires a victorious smile creped across Valdemar’s face as he examined the carcasses of the battle. He went to turn to leave the battle arena along with his three remaining vampire guards as large bellowing came from the opposite side of the room. All eyes turned and stared at the new arrival in awe.

A truly magnificent beast that was hughe standing several feet taller than even the larges lupines that had already engaged in battle. As Valdemar’s remaining guards charged into battle it only took a few short moments for the beast to better them all. As it charged forward it engaged in a deadly Fight with the Lord of Shadows.

The beast battled with inhuman grace, speed and strength as a rage of pure hated burned within its soul as it raged its fight against its most hate foe Valdemar who thought with the power of his ancient blood and the power of the shadows.

Blow for blow they traded as the beasts claws met with the Lasombra’s great sword. The strain was beginning to show in Valdemar who was becoming battle weary as his blood ran thin. As the beast landed its next blow the beast consumed Valdemar who thrust his sword deep into the chest of the lupine ripping through its still beating heart and causing it to fold over and fall to the floor.

As the beast subsided Valdemar fell to the floor exhausted and badly injured. Mark walked closer to Valdemar as he clapped his hands laughing and smiling “Wonderful! Absolutely Wonderful! It was perfect just as I had imagined.”

Leaning to the floor he took up one of the dead Lasombra’s swords into his hand and hovered over Lord Valdemar.

“I would tell you the story of how I played both you and the lupines right into where I wanted you but heck I’m not one to gloat. Plus its going to take all the fun out of it.”

Raising the sword in the air Mark smiled sadistically as he looked down upon him “It looks as though you have been beaten my friend. My condolences to you…”

Valdemar was about to speak but his objection was cut short as Mark pulled the sword down and severed the ancient vampires head from his body. Mark let the sword drop from his hand as he looked up into the sky and laughed hysterically as he shouted “Game over!”

The darkness that had once covered this land began to slowly recede back into the shadows as he left the mansion in search of more adventure.