<  International  ~  A ghost story : Origins

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:16 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 155Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:02 am
[b:713efc2415]A ghost story : Origins[/b:713efc2415]

The girl hurried through her schoolwork as fast as she could. It was the night of the high school dance, along about many decades ago in her hometown. The girl was so excited about the dance. She had bought a brand new, sparkly red dress for the occasion. She knew she looked smashing in it. It was going to be the best evening of her life.

Then her mother came in the house, looking pale and determined.

"You are not going to that dance," her mother said.

"But why?" the girl asked her mother.

"I've just been talking to the preacher. He says the dance is going to be for the devil. You are absolutely forbidden to go" her mother said.

The girl nodded as if she accepted her mother's words. But she was determined to go to the dance. As soon as her mother was busy, she put on her brand new red dress and ran down where the soiree was being held.

As soon as she walked into the room, all the guys turned to look at her. She was startled by all the attention. Normally, no one noticed her. Her mother sometimes accused her of being too awkward to get a boyfriend. But she was not awkward that night. The boys in her class were fighting with each other to dance with her.

Later, she broke away from the crowd and went to the table to get some punch to drink. She heard a sudden hush. The music stopped. When she turned, she saw a handsome man with jet black hair and clothes standing next to her.

"Dance with me, my beautiful Laura" he said.

She managed to stammer a "yes", completely stunned by this gorgeous man. He led her out on the dance floor. The music sprang up at once. She found herself dancing better than she had ever danced before. They were the center of attention.

Then the man spun her around and around. She gasped for breath, trying to step out of the spin. But he spun her faster and faster. Her feet felt hot. The floor seemed to melt under her. He spun her even faster. She was spinning so fast that a cloud of dust flew up around them both so that they were hidden from the crowd.

When the dust settled, the girl was gone. The man in black bowed once to the crowd and disappeared. The devil had come to his party and he had spun the girl all the way to hell.

" Laura wake up, it's just a dream " a soothing voice whispered to her, pulling her from the claws of her nightmare as she brought herself to a sitting position.

Where could this voice come from? she asked herself, after all she has been living alone for so many long years now. Not leaving the comfort of her satin sheets, her eyes caught a little girl standing at the doorframe of the room.

She had to rub her eyes, it had to be an illusion she thought, but the little girl remained, long brown hair covering her visage, her eyes barely visible, the little creature giggled.

It was as if hearing herself laugh, at least when she was but a fragile human child. The little girl brushed her hair to the side of her head with both hands, revealing a picture perfect carbon copy of herself, at that age.

Before Laura could ask anything, the little girl rushed to her side and flew her out the window, gasping for air and desperately seeking for something to hold on to , Laura was experiencing that awkward feeling of falling from great heights when you wake up from a dream, similar to an out of body experience.

After what seemed like an eternity to her, Laura was somehow back in the room, looking at herself sound asleep in the bed, the feeling was indescribable. Only when she laid down on herself could she wake up she thought, it would make perfect sense.

Laying down, she finally woke up... not screaming unlike most cliche would have it, but rather anxious and in tears.

" That dream again... " she said to herself, trying to calm herself down.

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
((oh wow! very well done. eerie!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone survive?

I swear I heard your voice beyond this side, does anyone still try? Does anyone still hope to set their eyes beyond this place? A place where angels fall and darkness reigns and where time dissolves the brightest flame.

Despair seems to have gotten the better of me, laying my forehead and both hands against the second floor bedroom window, such as a ghostly figure would as a cry for help. There I wonder as I stare into nothingness, an empty city, am I the last one alive?

Is there any hope beyond these walls that confines me inside? So many questions are rushing thru my head, why am I not yet thirsty? it's been days since I last fed, or is it? Am I still what I once was? am I dead?

My fragile frame collapsed upon the wooden floor, tears cascading upon my cheeks, wondering if this fate will keep me prisoner. Surely something can be done.

Is anyone looking for me.. at all? I wondered, I can only hope.
Pulling on the soft curtain to bring it down on me, I covered myself hoping to shield myself from the coldness of it all.

" Where are you dear, my rose of fire " I whispered... fading away into slumber once more.

(( Wow it has been a while, I did intend to write before I swear lol. Thanks for the remark gabriel :), fun to see someone still reads! ))

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
((I still read! Love to see you're still at it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
(Still peeking in and reading. May start writing again to if I can ever decide what my Characters have been up to for the last few years)

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:34 am Reply with quote
I am slowly sinking, it is clear by now that something is trying to break me and wash away my colors, it has been like this for what feels like at least over a decade. Tonight I know I cannot stop this surreal sickness taking over my convulsing frame. I wish someone could heal all of my pain away, but as the minutes fight the seconds hand, I feel it takes control, obviously trying to drag me somewhere else.

Strange how some feelings can be so strongly felt, yet are still unexplainable to the ears that would dare listen. It is a fight that out powers me by far, I know I cannot fight it forever and need to let go, but there is so many things that I cherish so dearly that it holds me in fighting position unwillingly.

I need your help my dear, but where are you? it seeks to break me and I desperately need your help, I know you're watching, I can feel you out there.

As the convulsions became more violent, I felt like something was choking me, burning my unlife away. I was far from prepared for what I was about to see, in a last effort I somehow managed to pull myself up with much difficulty and looked immediately in the looking glass. Hundreds of blood filled IV's transfusion tubes where oozing from my mouth, lacing themselves around my legs and arms, locking on a solid grip.

My last moments were spent watching myself being pulled away slowly towards a black hole that replaced the ceiling of the room, each of my struggling movements were accompanied by a violent shockwave as I kept hearing the same sentence over and over again...

" I know you can hear me, I can feel you in there, WAKE UP! "

[b:6d71b4e8e4]Meanwhile back in present time [/b:6d71b4e8e4]

" I know you can hear me, I can feel you in there, WAKE UP! " an old man spoke, grasping the motionless toreador by the shoulders, begging for her to wake up as he ordered more iv's stuffed in the toreador's mouth, attached to it, was a human willingly pouring its life essence in hope to awaken the nightwalker, a name rather cliché, but who am I to judge.

Waking up in shock, coughing blood and gagging in it, I woke up the same way a drowned person would once being given CPR.

" Hold her down! " a soldier dressed figure said, but it was nothing short of too late, breaking the rusted shackles that held her down as if it was nothing more than plastic, the old man next to Laura served as dessert to the forced feeding she endured seconds ago as she sank her fangs deep in its neck, snapping it afterwards.

She was in a frenzy and quite frankly, everything went by so fast and no one anticipated this turn of events to occur this way.

With tremendous haste, Laura escaped what seemed to be an abandoned bunker of sorts thru an old and much fragile wooden door. And if she thought that the horrors she went thru was about to end, she was in for a much, much greater surprise.

Once outside she halted abruptly, not to the figure standing in front of her with a blade, but to the scenery, a post apocalyptic environment.

Raising her blade to the vampire, the woman standing in front of the toreador spoke

" Easy now vampire, I can either explain what happened in the last 20 years you've been sleeping, and we can even maybe help each other, or we can end this in a bloodbath, quite frankly both suits me fine, but my superior would rather have you listen. "

Turning her attention to the human in front of her, still bloodied, Laura tilted her head as she spoke for the first time.

" You have my attention..."

" My name Is Artemisia, so if you change your mind and try to kill me while I explain, it would pain me for you not to know the name of the human to end your life... for a second time. " Artemisia smirked as she lowered her blade as she began explaining.

" I'll make this brief, and as clear as I can possibly imagine. "

Twenty years ago, what your kind called War Eternal took place, the vampires ruled the world, in secrecy of course, the ventrues were all placed in key position, senators, prime ministers, presidents, name it, they were all vampires.

The war in Iraq, the gulf war, north Korea, Russia, that was all dressed up and fed to us as terrorism and in a sense it was. Only difference is, those terrorists were Lycans, and your kind did a pretty damn good job at killing every single one of them, at least they thought they did.

Somehow a handful of those dogs infiltrated the Russia nuclear program facility and well, they sucker punched your kind and us straight to the ground face first, they were losing, and couldn't bear to see a world controlled entirely by kindred, so they blasted each major country back to the dark ages, this is the results, they're doing.

Oh and before you ask, you are the only vampire we've seen in the last twenty years, most of your kind was wiped out clean. Is there any other like you? Maybe, I do not know, we are still searching.

We've kept you alive for all those years, in fact, I was only a child when I first tended to you. Now surely you want to know why we didn't kill you, well dear, for this you will have to take a seat, because what I am about to tell you will swipe you off the ground...

(( I am going to start writing more consistently, just needed to setup the background, got a pretty good idea where I am going with it :) ))
[u:6d71b4e8e4][/u:6d71b4e8e4]

Offline Profile