<  Chit-Chat  ~  Blue Moon Rising...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:22 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
And here I am, again. I haven't really logged in since 2007. So... Hey! How's everyone been? Looks like this forum is going on its 7th anniversary, if I'm not mistaken.

Out of the blue question: What's the difference between batty, battybaby, and Batty_? :P

So... hey! Ya'll!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Rainmooooon! Good to hear from you!!!

Things are quiet, but we're still kickin. How're you?

Personally I think Bats is just creating accounts so that if things come down to a vote, she'll have the majority vote.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:14 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
I graduated, got my ATA degree in Computer Programming, and am currently unemployed. At least I have a lot procrastination time on my hands to do all kinds of BS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:11 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Being employed is overrated. :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:30 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Trust me Gabey, having been unemployed for 2 years, losing my house, losing my self respect....employment may not be great, but it sure beats being on state benefits....well if you like yourself any at least :)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote
Not too bad when I live at home. There doesn't seem like much of jack where I live at. State work is lacking so there goes the idea of finding a stable job with my degree. I guess when I don't have much of anything to begin with, I don't concern myself with being unemployed. I do odd jobs for play money and have food stamps to ease the burden off my mom so I'm not completely broke. Hearing about constant drops in the job market doesn't motivate me much. I think I'll try to ride this one out.

In the mean time, I got keep my skills up by doing some modding.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Are you still modding in Embrace?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:27 am Reply with quote
Yup. I've recently made video tutorials on YouTube for quite a few Nod SDK stuff. You might be surprised on how much interest has grown for the Nod SDK during this past year. Gave my webby(website) a fairly big update too. meow...

http://e-mods.net

My site has become the biggest source of tutorials now. :D

I do plan on doing stuff for CryEngine 3 when it arrives. Currently studying the CryEngine 2 for funzies. Good stuff. Got to keep my programmy skillz sharp for whenever I do find paying programmy work.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I have a quick scan of that site every now and again.

To be clear though:

the AOR mod allows you to play through the whole single player campaign in co-op mode with a buddy?

If that's the case I could get quite excited by it.

How is that implemented, we can't all be Christof!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Yes. Only the host can advance cutscenes so players wont be able to travel ahead. So there can be multiple Christofs, but only one of them will keep the story going (the host).

By default, clients aren't even allowed to leave a level. Only the host can click a level exit and jump all the players automatically to the host's location. This feature can be turned off through a config file.

An ST also has the ability to skip the story forward. Comes in handy if a crash occured. You can also play as any type of model (mostly).

[img:d721ee932d]http://www.e-mods.net/gallery/albums/redemption/redemption_javo_ageofredemption2009ed.jpg[/img:d721ee932d]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote
That does sound cool. I'm looking forward to taking a couple of people through in MP now :)

What happens with the NPC coterie members?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quote
There's some issues with the coterie members. Clients wont see them. I'm gonna try to make a fix for the issue hopefully before the year's end. Right now, the NPC coterie is fairly useless since they don't gain EXP in multiplayer and have no real equipment. I want to make sure the coterie members can be seen by clients as well as be given specialized equipment for their multiplayer counter part.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:29 am Reply with quote
*sigh* Well, I can't make Hamachi work (see my posting on e-mods as Tromador) so it's all become highly academic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:10 am Reply with quote
User avatarEvil yet deliciousPosts: 164Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:49 am
[quote:5706448499="Rainmoon"]Out of the blue question: What's the difference between batty, battybaby, and Batty_? [/quote:5706448499]

I locked myself out of the forum a few times over the years, and each time I just created a new account to post with.

Be careful using Hamachi - that's how my system was hacked.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Hamachi has came a long way since XP. So unless you're setting up shared folders containing sensitive data and allowing remote desktop access, there isn't a lot of risk these days. Actually, the new security features of hamachi (along with Vista and Windows 7) are what are making it extremely difficult to play Redemption with it anymore.