<  Chit-Chat  ~  My God...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
...I imagine as Moon Doggies all, we've all struggled at one point in time or another w/ insomnia. But for regular insomniacs, having spent 3 such nights in their shoes, my heart goes out. Ever since Amsterdam (details to follow at a later date) my sleep routine has been completely destroyed.

I can't sleep...I tried night time cough syrup...no help. I tried warm milk....no help. Reading, counting sheep, etc...no help. No matter what I try, my mind will simply not stop racing and become calm. Three nights in a row now!

It's horrific to think that some people deal with this affliction full time. Sitting up in misery, knowing that the coming work day is fast approaching and that you should be sleeping soundly right now is just awful.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Had a wank?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
You'll be ok. Try not to smoke an enormous pipe of ganja weed just before bed, it'll keep you awake.

Topsy Turvy Time Zone Syndrome dude. If it makes you feel any better, it's much easier going back.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Thanks fellas. I think I've overcome the beast! Sleep sweet sleep!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:44 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
For me, my sleeping pill of choice is a crossword puzzle, Sudoku puzzle or any other kind of puzzle that challenges me. Side effects include drowzziness, increased word knowledge, increased basic math solving and general gloatiness as to trivial information and data. Not for the fainthearted. Failing that, there's always the somnolent effect of mindless MSN game zone offersings. :shock: :twisted: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Hardcore muscle relaxers or performing a 4 hour metal set are the only thing that will put me to sleep.

Wanking wakes me up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
Reading helps me.

And late night sex is always good too. After being so pissed I'll do anything (my self body image is quite low, so I'm not the most adventurous person in the bedroom). Then I'll go to sleep.

I had some problems with insomnia when I was at uni - and there are times when I've got something on my mind, I'll just stay awake thinking about it.

I had a tarot reading done just before Christmas and the 9 of Swords ([url]http://www.midnightmoonchild.com/images/9s.gif[/url]) dropped out while I was shuffling and chatting away.

The figure is an image of someone sitting up in bed, holding her head in her hands, with nine swords above her. It resonated with me because I immediately recognised that particular scene, with me the figure in the bed. I was given some fantastic advice by the person reading my cards.

She told me to identify 9 things I were keeping me up at night and attach them to those swords. Then take three things that are in the hands of other people and discard them; take three that represent something I can do something about, and lay them down making a decision to do something about it the next day and the last three are things that are down to fate so I should stop worrying about them and leave it to fate.

I use this technique everytime I can't sleep. And mostly it works.

Hope you're getting some sleep mate - insomnia is an awful thing to have...