<  International  ~  The school for Magi part two.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:03 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 13Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:47 am
Two years passed in the world of Julius' school. In that two years, Haven got taller, and a certain trait from his earliest years resurfaced due to his odd sleeping habits; he slept standing up, slept between classes, a couple minutes at a time, but never continuously, causing a great deal of concern in Cassandra, though not so much in Wren. More importantly however, was the manner in which he practiced his magic. Much of his time was spent practicing with the raw arts, learning to use them both in a hurry, and with a great deal of care, able to change or redirect the arts and avoid catastrophe at the slightest notice. That being said, with magic, catastrophe always strikes eventually.
"Muto Corporum"," Haven said in a quick, firm voice while making an gesture with his left hand over a small bottle of a glistening clear substance, the result being, that nothing happened, and Haven, for the moment, had to deem his idea for a healing serum had failed. Sitting back, he scratched his chin and puzzled over the vis in front of him. "Perhaps," he pondered to himself, "If I combine both creation, to renew the body, and change, to make the renewal more enduring?"
It can be said that combining techniques is a difficult, though not impossible task. It can also be said that Haven had done it before, and had been both praised for the accomplishment, and scolded about the danger; Professor Morticia had been delighted at the accomplishment, but disturbed by the risk.
The words "Creo requisiate Muto Corporum" slipped from his mouth as he made another gesture over the bottle of vis; what happened after can only be described as both sterling success, and obvious failure. The liquid magic seethed and churned violently as silver lights flashed about him. "Odd, usually the silver lights are only around what my magic is working on," he said glancing around as the last of the lights winked out, before he shrugged, then poured a small drop of the experimental potion onto a small piece of flesh in a pitri dish, then watched it change, growing slightly and refreshing. "Ah, very good then," he whispered, then capped the vial and slipped it into his pocket, sure that it would be an excellent answer to the Corporum test that he had been assigned.
Breathing a sigh of satisfaction, he turned his head, looked at the clock, and promptly freaked. He practically leapt from his chair, grabbed his black coat, threw it on, and ran out the door at top speed, racing down the hallways fast enough that he had to leap directly over another student as they picked up books they had dropped, then skidded to a halt directly in front of Cassie, noting the astonished look on her face, which he assumed was a reaction to his tardiness for their date. "Sorry I'm late Cassie," he said between gasps for air.
"Its not a problem Haven," she said with a smile, "I mean, I love what you've done with your hair, so no worries!" she said, causing him to look at her strangely as he said "But... I haven't done anything to my hair, Cassie." In response, she pulled out a compact, flipped it open, and put the mirror up to his face.
Haven sighed, and made a few educated guesses. He now had white hair, and had been playing with Corporum magic. Not only that, but the effects of his magic had been strange. "Lovely, I guess our date will have to be delayed, I think Headmaster Darrant is going to want to have a good yell at me for this," then turned, walking very slowly and reluctantly to the headmaster's office while Cassie trailed behind, trying very hard not to laugh, though this did make a very nice departure from his 'identical to Wren look'.
Finally, after a seeming eternity of feet dragging, Haven knocked at Julius's door. Moments passed as they waited, though there was what sounded like conversation from within. A few more moments passed, and a tall, fairly gaunt figure opened the door, glanced down at Haven almost contemptuously, then raked his gaze across Cassie, before brushing past them without so much as a word of greeting.
The hairs on the back of Haven's neck raised momentarily, before he peered into Julius's office. "Headmaster?" he voiced, almost afraid to say anything at all, though he was thankful when Julius invited them in. He was less thankful when he saw the look of annoyance on the headmaster's face. "I can explain," Haven said throwing his hands up, thinking Julius's expression to be about his hair.