<  Chit-Chat  ~  Cheesburger in Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Holy cow....

...so yesterday I went Jimmy Buffet tailgating all day. For those of you who don't know, Jimmy Buffet is a musician famous for his laid back "island" music. If you've ever heard Margaritaville (his biggest hit) that's typical of his music.

I've personally never been a huge fan, but I heard that the tailgating parties are something to see. So I took the day off and headed off with the craziest group I knew, namely my bartender! So my roommates and I packed up the old couches from the old apartment into a truck and so did about three other people. So we had six old couches (not dirty mind you) and we pulled into a nice shaded area by the stadium.

We had card tables, a coffee table, monkey decorations, the aforementioned couches, two or three recliners, a carpet, various rugs, and a tent. There was more alcohol than you could shake a stick at. People started commenting on our living room, although everyone's setup was pretty stupendous. Ornate, constructed bars, pineapple bowling, straw thatched huts, limousines, everyone went way out.

We got there and instantly started grilling and drinking. We were already pretty worn out, having moved furniture in the 95 degree heat (although the shade saved us. in the sun it would've been unbearable). I got pretty well hammered and then decided to walk about and see some other campsites.

It was pure madness. Imagine a drunken Woodstock (as opposed to a stoned Woodstock). Everyone was so hospitable! Drinks came at you from all sides!

Anyway, about 4-5 hours in I was on that verge. You know...oh God...if I have one more drink....I'll be over for sure! So I drank water for awhile...and performed a maneuver we call "boot and rally". That's when you recover from nearly being sick.

So...about 8 PM the concert started, but we didn't have tickets, so we packed up while everyone was inside and made a hasty getaway (beating ALL the traffic!) And believe me, that's a terrific thing, because the venue it was held at usually takes a good 2 hours to get out of when the concert lets out.

I got home around 10:30 PM or so...still drunk and now completely exhausted. I don't think my bed has ever felt as comfortable. This morning sucked ass as I had to get up at 6:00 AM, but still...what a beautiful nights sleep.

Now if I could only remember where I got this nasty bump on my head.