<  USA  ~  The Return

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:02 am Reply with quote
User avatarAssamitePosts: 105Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:38 pm
[i:5923bb463c][color=darkred:5923bb463c]

Hmmm Cain thought maybe this would be better than he thought. It seemed that this "" Steward "" as he calls himself does not have an over inflated opion of himself. Unlike many of the other individuals he had delt with holding similar positions. Perhaps this Erik would not be that bad to deal with after all.

"" Well, this is not quit what I expected. It is good to see one in your position with such a disposition. In that you do not rely on pomp and theatrics to show your power. It would seem that you are very matter of fact about things. "" Cain notices a faint nodding movement from Erik. "" As to why I am here well I am here to look up some old aquaintances of mine. Such as Drain, possably Sorenti, Gabrial, Porter, The Pinapple guy I cannot remember his name but that is what everyone called him, Graventhorp and one or two others. I am not here on official business so to speak. If I was I would not have come to see you obviously. I am just here to see a few individuals. As things are at the moment I do not plan on staying in the city more than a few months. however if this should change I will of course ask to see you to inform you of such a change. ""

Erik thinks on Cain's word for a moment. "" Very well so long as you are not here on business as you claim we will not impead your search for these individuals. I do however warn you now that if there are any sudden unexplainable deaths of my wards you will be the lead suspect untill your name is cleared. ""

"" I understand and would expect no less ""

"" Now I would like to ask you a few questions about your time as Sheriff here in this city. ""

Cain and Erik talk for hours well into the night a few hours befor dawn. Cain told him almost everything but this was to be expected as he would not give up all the details. He carefully avoided saying her name though. When ever he was asked about Batgirl he refered to her as the Prince or former Prince he did not want Erik to even suspect any involvment between them. He probably already knows about it but it was a privet matter not to be discussed with anyone. As for the rest of it it was probably all old news to Erik as Cain was sure that Drain had informed him of many things. they also discussed the old Assamite Haven down by the docks it was still vacant and would be put in order for Cain over the course of the next few days. Cain was sure there would be plenty of bugs and other servalance devices as well as a few rats but that would be fine with him. He would leave most of them he would just have to clear the back room to ensure it was free and conduct privet business there.

As Cain left the elevator he saw the cabbie. Walking over to him he says "" Give me your number and then go away if I need you I will contact you. "" After handing over the number Carl drives away wondering what the hell just happend. He waited and treated the guy with respect and no tip what the hell kinda shit was that. He was about to turn around and go back when he sees an envelope on the back seat. Pulling off to the side he gets in the back and opens it. Inside is one hundred bucks. He cannot believe his luck the big guy did not give him a tip but sure as hell just lost one Ben Franklin.

Cain smiles to himself from the roof top as he watches the driver happily get back in the front seat and drive off. As he moves off back to the crypt he thinks to himself its good to be back but how long will it last this time. [/color:5923bb463c]

[/i:5923bb463c]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:59 am Reply with quote
[i:eab36bb6ba][color=darkred:eab36bb6ba]

The next night Cain is back on the roof tops checking out the city. Many things have changed but certian things have not. As he moves from roof top to roof top he ponders his next move. Should he goto see Sorenti or Gab. Both could have information, although they would probably just get it from Drain so he could cut out the middle man and goto the source as it were. As he cleared an alley he saw movment below. Stoping and turning back he looks down into the alley. There at the back by the sewer grate he sees a familure face, it's Daisy she is going into the sewers. Cain wonders why she would be headed down there but hey she always was a lil on the loony side even for a Malk. Just then on the roof top on the other side of the alley a hint of movment and the whisper of fabric. So Cain thinks to himself they are having me tailed, it was to be expected of course. The question was to lose his tail or let him follow for now, it would be better to let him follow for now though. As Cain moved off he thought to himself yes it would be better to let this one follow for now, if anything unexpected were to happen he would have a witness and it would be better to have them underestimate him for now just incase. Soon he found himself at the old Cappadocian Haven. This was not her haven but it was as good a place as any to start. He settled down to watch and see if any of them were still in the city and using the place. It may take a few days befor he entered but he had to make sure which if any of them were still around.......

[/color:eab36bb6ba] [/i:eab36bb6ba]

(( Ya'll feel free to jump in just keep in mind Cain will be watching the Cappa haven for a bit then entering to check it out ))

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote
(( to finish or not to finish that is the question ))

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
(( OK so I will work on it ))

[color=darkred:ce77166ddb] [i:ce77166ddb]

He knew it had been well over a year and he checked this place nightly he had yet to see any of them, not a single one. Unsure as to what to do next he went back his haven. There in the back room he sat and thought about what to do next. His mind began to wander and he remembered those 2 nights they had spent here (( see this thread [url]www.vampirerp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3325[/url] )) granted there were many nights like that but that one stuck with him the most it was one of the last they spent togather. Shortly after that things had fallen apart in the city and he had left. He knew now that he should have taken her with him or done something but hind sight as they say was 20/20. He slowly rose out of the chair and headed for the door he knew where to go next perhaps the shop might be open possably the girls would still work there if now he could only remember thier names bahh that was unimportant they would know him and might have the information that he was seeking if not ............. well he would burn that bridge when he got to it..... [/i:ce77166ddb]

[/color:ce77166ddb]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:10 pm Reply with quote
[color=blue:98d9ce300e]
[i:98d9ce300e]
Walker paced the floor as he had many nights. It had been to long Cain had been in Cascadia for little over a year now and had not left. He had also taken to eluding the individuals he sent to check up on him. Granted Cain's presance was not required at Almut at the time however he did need to check in and it had been 8 months since he had last done so. walker considered going there himself and quickly dismissed the idea. If he showed up there now things could turn ugly the Prince this Erik might become concerned with haveing two Assassins of thier calaber ( sp ) in his city. Perhaps it would be best to wait a little bit longer. Give him anouther few months to figure it out and find her. Yes he knew now that that was the whole purpose of his time in Cascadia there could be nothing else that would keep him there for that long. Walker just hoped that his search would not be invain and he would either find her or gain some closure with the issue.............

[/i:98d9ce300e]

[/color:98d9ce300e]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:50 pm Reply with quote
[color=darkred:436fc72bdb]

[i:436fc72bdb]

The next night he sat in the shadows on a roof down the block from the shop. It was her shop alright but something was wrong. The girls were still there he could see them moving about inside. Somethings else was differant though. He watched as customers went threw the motions buying mystic items and scrolls. All of it was false of course the only real artifacts that could be bought there were for a special class of customer and none of those had passed threw the front door this night. Perhaps he sould be watching tha back door as well. He could always check and see if the cameras and other devices were still inplace. The battieries were more than likely shot they would last for months possablely years however it had been much longer. Yes he would have to look into that perhaps it would also reveal what was wrong with the shop. Other than the obvious fact that the owner was not present.

After a little longer he leaves the roof top and begins his search. The individual must be perfect to suit his needs. It would take some months to train them properly and obtain unwavering loyalty but it could be done it had been done befor. The best place to start would be the Dojo's they always had the best to choose from ahh it would almost be like old times...............

[/i:436fc72bdb]
[/color:436fc72bdb]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
[color=darkred:f72f26a7e1]
[i:f72f26a7e1]

After two or three weeks he found his candidate. He was a small man granted only about five foot four, but he was disiplined and had his routine which did not include many others. He was an instuctor at the Korean Dojo on the north side. He taught several styles including weapons. He lived alone in a modest appartment above the Dojo worked out on a regular basis and had very few ties. Those that he did have revolved around the Dojo and would be easily kept or discarded if he moved. Cain decided that he would approach the man the following night as he held a late class that usually ended around ten.

The next night Cain waited till almost 10. Just as the students were leaving the Dojo Cain walked in the door. The man looked up and spoke " We are closed for the night. We reopen at 9 am. "

Cain says " You are Lie Boa are you not? " The man nods " I am conductiong interviews for my new sparing partner and student. Would you be interested? "

Lie Boe remains silent for a moment a look of deep contemplation on his face. " It would be wise for you to leave now if you wish to speak with me on this matter or perhaps take lessons yourself you should come back in the morning."

Cain replies " Perhaps you should make me..........."

They both study each other for a moment then in a flury of movment Lie Boa strikes at Cain. He tries several differant styles combining them all he is truely a master however he connot hit the man he is facing. He seems to be made of smoke and air. His moves are effortless and he is smiling the whole time as if this is a big joke. Lie Boe reminds himself to remain calm anger will only blind him and force him to make mistakes. Just then he feels pressure on his chest if feels as if he is being hit by a truck. then he notices that his feet are no longer on the ground and he is half threw the wall of the Dojo. He never even saw the punch how is that possable. He falls to the floor coughing and spitting up blood. He looks at his opponet he is just standing there smiling as if nothing had happend. Lie Boa struggles to his feet. " How did you do that? I did not see it. "

" Would you like me to teach you this to make you better than you are now? "

He considers the offer for a moment befor replying " Yes I would you are a true master of the arts and it would be my honor to learn from you and call you master. "

" Good then follow me......."

Some time later Cain watches Lie Boa deep in meditation. This was one of the things Cain told him would be necessary befor the training could begin. Three nights of meditation and the only sustenance would be the strange red liquid provided by Cain. He would eventually be told what it was and what it ment for him but by then it would be to late and Cain would have his willing and loyal servent ....................

[/i:f72f26a7e1]
[/color:f72f26a7e1]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:25 pm Reply with quote
[color=darkred:4146c2fc89]
[i:4146c2fc89]
It had been weeks and the training was going along nicely. Lie Boa was almost a perfect student. His techneque was flawless his minda always alert and ready. It was time for his first assignment. Cain would send him out to check on the cameras overlooking the shop and its various entrences and exits. It was a simple task yes but a good begining. If all went well soon Cain would know what was going on in the shop.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a rat he knew this one it had been hanging around alot since he had recruited his new follower. He spoke to the rat and hoped it had been in service long enough to pass the message on. "" Drain, inform the Prince that I am staying here for a while longer than anticipated. My servent is just that he is not changed and will not be changed by me unless I take him home. Oh and do stop by if you get the chance I have need of something you can supply and I may be able to supply a few things you need as well. "" As soon as Cain fell silent the rat scurried off.............
[/i:4146c2fc89]
[/color:4146c2fc89]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:55 pm Reply with quote
[i:3c00ac6acb]
[color=darkred:3c00ac6acb]
Some time later Cain sat infront of a bank of moniters watching and waiting. He knew something was wrong and not right but he could not put his finger on it. Operations in the shop seemed to go on as they had years ago but they were differant. Perhaps he was just being edgy. Lie Boa had been in the shop even bought a few things so Cain could test them and watch the girls reactions. The things Lie Boa bought were things that Cain used to buy he even had him ask for them in the same order as Cain used to. The girls did not even raise an eye brow it was almost as if they had no memory of ...........

That was it that was what was wrong with the shop the girls with everything in that shop. They knew who they were but had forgotten at the same time. Perhaps it was a safe guard She had placed to make it more difficult for anyone looking for Her. That would make sense how to counteract it so he could get the information he desired however was anouther thing. For this he would need help Sorenti was the first to come to mind however he had not been seen in a while so that was out. Thier were others of course and he could always call on Walker but it would be best not to involve his Sire. The ""Prince"" was uneasy enought having Cain in town. Bring his Sire here would certainly bring him to his knees and raise a serious cloud of suspision at every little thing. Although that could be just the distraction that he might need at a later date to move things along. Still what to do about the situation as it stood now. It might be best to ask around as it were. With out being to specific ofcorse.

Turning he moves the mouse on the computer waiting for it to ""wake up"". Once its up an functional he quickly navigates one of the ring sites that should still be in use. He posts his question for all to see but knowing that only a select few who read it will really understand and reply properly. Well time to sit back and wait for a reply then they could get down to the real business.
[/color:3c00ac6acb]
[/i:3c00ac6acb]

(( OK basicly Cain needs a lil help so umm the post that he put up is basicly a call out to any real Vamps in the city that would know anything about mind tricks and what not. He does not go into detail about it he is just asking at this point and looking to meet someone who does. ))[/i]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quote
[color=darkred:fd3bff131d]
[i:fd3bff131d]
Four days and no response. Cain began to wonder if the site was even used anymore or did he just over estimate the power of the kindred here in Cascadia. It could be that any with any real power had left. That would explain certain things and the one that was left controled or had set up what was going on at the shop. Since this was a vialble option then he should assume that either the one that had done this was either a) knew who he was and was frightend to come forward b) left town c) dead or d) had an agenda that involved either playing games with Cain or setting a trap for Cain. The last option while far fetched would be the one Cain would guess. He would have to be carefull the question now was how to deal with the trap if there was one. It would not be a good idea to be overly carefull as that could alert them although charging in would not do either. Perhaps it would be best to wait a few more days just to see what may happen. His thoughts drifted to Drain he could be a real help right now. Drain would more than likely be able to tell him what had transpired and who was the cause or at least find out. However he had not heard from Drain since he had first arrived so who knows where and what he was doing. Well hell not much for it then a few more days of waiting just to not raise suspision then maybe drop in and pick something no real contact unless the girls say something. He may want to have some backup brought in in the mean time. A few of the more advanced trainies the ones almost ready to be turned. Yes those would be be best it could serve as part of thier final test.
[/i:fd3bff131d]
[/color:fd3bff131d]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:24 pm Reply with quote
[color=darkblue:537a5a4404][i:537a5a4404]
Walker looked at the request sitting in the middle of his desk. What the hell was going on over there. He was requesting 5-10 of thier best that were almost done and ready. Why the hell would he do that. Raising his voice just enough to be heard " Get Cain on phone and yes the secure one you imbicile ". He would have to get to the bottom of this this was not normal. Cain should have been done and back by now. Just then the phone beeped saying th connection had been made. He stabed the speaker button.

" What the hell are you doing ? " [/i:537a5a4404] [/color:537a5a4404]

[color=darkred:537a5a4404] [i:537a5a4404]
" I am doing what I feel needs done at this time. [/i:537a5a4404]
[/color:537a5a4404]

" What you feel? What in Haquims name are you talking about. In the grand scheam of things she does not matter and dont try and tell me you are there looking for anyone else. I know better. If it were anyone else you would have abandoned your search long ago but no you are there wasting your time and talants over a piece of ass. Granted it was very nice and pleasurable to look at and I can only imagine how she tasted but damn it. Pull your head out of your ass and do what you know needs done. " [/i:537a5a4404][/color:537a5a4404]

[color=darkred:537a5a4404][i:537a5a4404]
"I do not expect you to understand Sire, however I do not believe that she does not matter. I believe that very soon she will hold many of the answers we crave or at least be able to point us in the right direction. It is not just about my ............. feelings for her. She has a higher purpose in our clan even though she is not a part of it she will be instermental in what is to come. I feel that Haquim himself is guiding me in this and I have only just now realized it. He has put us on this path and it my job to see it threw. So either send the requested personel or not I have to stay." [/i:537a5a4404][/color:537a5a4404]

"Very well they will be on the way within the hour have your man meet them. " Walker pushes the speaker button hanging up the phone. Well now that was suprise however he can see the logic in it now. Why else would Cain have been left there in Cascadia for so long. His original mission to assasinate the prince and cause a revolt makeing the city ripe for a Sabbat take over had been compromised but he himself had not. they had never known. Then in thier infinate wisdom they asked him to be the princes personel guard. From then it was only a matter of time till she took the throne and Cain being who he was would fall. She would not be prince for long but just long enough for Cain to become enamord and then well the rest was what it was. It made sense now in retrospect and just proved that even while sleeping Haquim and his peers did scheam and plan. The real question now was how to find her and what purpose would she serve.
[/i:537a5a4404]
[/color:537a5a4404]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
[color=darkred:e6f71d9e37] [i:e6f71d9e37]

Well his request had been granted but at what price if he was wrong about this his Sire would destroy him. Something must have clicked in his Sire's mind that made him agree. Cain knew his story sounded ludicris but maybe it was not. Walker had granted his request and the men were on thier way, so perhaps he knew something Cain did not. More than likely that was the case. He always had something up his sleeve. Well not much for it then. They would be here in 12 hours or so. He would have to let Lie Boa know when and where. Some much to do and plenty of time to do it but he still felt as if he was running out of time........
[/i:e6f71d9e37]
[/color:e6f71d9e37]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
His fingers moved quickly over the keyboard, his eyes never leaving the screenas he smiled to himself as people he knew ...people he was priming to perhaps become one of the flock logged into their messenger programmes.
He touched the volume pad on his Ipod and closed his eyes momentarily as Muse filled the earphones.

[i:e988afc2d6]" new posting alert"[/i:e988afc2d6]

As he opened his eyes it ws the first thing he saw....that site hadn't being used for awhile. Ignoring the messages that flashed in front of him vying for his attention he logged onto the site and frowned at the name that sprang up before him.

[i:e988afc2d6]" Mistress, perhaps you should look at this"[/i:e988afc2d6]

((welcome back cain :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote
(( Thanks go ahead and post again if you have any questions my e-mail is ZarleyCM@usnbgtmo.navy.mil . That goes for the rest of you also bring it on :twisted: ))

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote
[color=darkred:aa37830242]
[i:aa37830242] They all filed into the chamber. No sound emitted from them not even their breathing was audible. Cain watch as the stood there, they were disciplined. All one would expect after 50 to 100 years at Almut. Yes they were all ghouls all had been in service and training for a lifetime already. Granted there were some who were exceptional that were turned as Cain had been. After the shortest possible time of 7 years but not all were so fortunate. While those before him had not shown the promise that he and others had they were the best of the best right now. Every one of them had proven themselves time and time again. As he looked at each one of them and studied them their past accomplishments came back to him. The first one that had been on his list was responsible for the death of several key board members of a large multi national corporation. Their deaths were covered up and made to look like a plane crash but they were dead before the plane even left the ground. The next had been tasked with killing Kurt Kobain, and making it look like an accident. Many of the others had accomplished similar feats. The last one however, and the oldest of those present. Well she would likely never be turned although if she performed up to par on this assignment Cain would do all he could to help her achieve that which she deserved. Gudrun was responsible for many deaths over the past century, Hitler, Elvis, John F Kennedy, and Pope John Paul II just to name a few. For some reason the Elders always found a reason to leave her as she was though. If she succeeded here however Cain would voice his concerns over her delayed turning. She was deserving and it should not be delayed any longer. But to the business at hand, he quickly briefed them on their new assignments. Gudrun would be in charge of the day-to-day dealings and success of failure would rest with her. She nodded and thanked him for his confidence and took charge. After assigning duties she turned back to Cain and ask if there was anything else he shook his head no and she dismissed them. All would work out just fine Cain thought. Soon with any luck he would know where she was and things would be set right. Maybe he might even find out why she was so important to his clan…………

[/i:aa37830242]
[/color:aa37830242]