<  Dusty Books  ~  The Night Lingers On

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:46 pm Reply with quote
User avatarBone FlowerPosts: 0Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:40 am
Her foot first steps off of the plane. She looks around and checks out the area. She carries a small satchel. She notices the rain grate near by. She disappears from site and heads towards the grate.
"I will find and kill that bastard.", she thinks as she jumps into the storm drain, closing it behind her.
She reappears underground and starts following the stormdrain out of the airport. She calls for the rats. A few arrive.
"How do I get out of here?", she asks them.
"Follow.", they tell her.
The rats start to head off and she follows them closely. They take her throught the twists and turns of the drain.
Finally they say, "Here."
"Thank you, my friends.", she tells them.
They squeek and scurry off.
She lifts up the sewer grating and climbs up. She pulls her cloak tightly around her. She looks around. She sees a bar behind her.
"I think I may be able to seek sustenance in there.", she thinks.

She pulls down the hood of her cloak to show her lovely French profile. She walks over to the bar, and enters.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:51 pm Reply with quote
She enters the humid, smoky interior. The strings of country music are heard. The smell of cheap beer and cheaper hard liquor purmeates. but under that is the soft subtle scent of failure, desperation and loss of hope.
A ragged looking man sits at a table alone, with five empty shot glasses sitting in front of him. One is in his hand, and smells of tequilla.
"I think I may have found my meal.", she thinks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:49 pm
((Batgirl has permitted this thread to continue so please no more deletions.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:53 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((omg....this is going to be bad....

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:59 am Reply with quote
((Why?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:00 am Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 0Location: California babyJoined: Sun May 18, 2003 8:52 am
(( ::nods::
::braces himself:: ))

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:41 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 71Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:00 pm
(( I thought that this member was previously banned. Funny how decisions are made without discussing it first.

"The courage of the Blue... The valour of the Grey."
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:44 am Reply with quote
((Plop.

Last edited by Imala on Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:39 pm Reply with quote
She walks up and sits down next to the stranger. He's holding a glass of tequilla in front of him. She shakes her head as she places both hands upon the table. He has a look of unrequited sorrow upon his face.
"You do know, that you don't have to drink to solve all of your problems?", she asks him with a hint a sympathy.
"Wha the fuck you think you know?", he slurs.
She lowers his arm without the least amount of resistance and says, "I know that there is a reason you're dowing this. Do you want to talk about it?"
She looks at him empathically. He looks back at her shocked by the fact that she could lower his arm.
"I thought that I was struggling against her. Damn alcohol, it's affecting my muscles.", he thinks.
"Now what is it?", she urges.
"I don wanna talk about it.", he says in a drunken slur.
"I think you need to. If we need a more private place, I can arrange that.", she insists.
"I wanna drink... ok?", he says.
"Here, let's just go outside, ok? I have a feeling that things might be easier if you got a little air." she argues.
He just sits there.
"Ok, now blood, i don't want to hurt this man, so cool down.", she thinks as she feels the strength leave her.
She grabs the man by the arm and lifts him out of his chair. she places his arm behind her neck and leads him out the door.
The bartender gives her a weird look.
"I'm just sobering him up. I'll see that he makes it home ok.", she says.
The bartender nods as she exits the bar.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:13 pm Reply with quote
She sets him up against the wall around the side of the bar. She makes sure he's stable before she lets go. She turns her back to him and sighs unnecessarily. She turns arounf and looks at him.
"You want to talk about it now?", she asks.
The man breathes deeply, taking in the fresh air. His face looks a little less slack. A look of better coherence comes into his eyes as the bitter cold brings him back to himself.
"Yeah, sure, whatever.", he replies.
"My wife just kicked me out of my house. I lost my job.", he said.
"Do you think that seh'd be interested in finding you?", she asks.
"No, not after what I've done.", he replies, he looks down at the ground trying to cover the look of disgust that comes over his face.
"And what might that be?", she asks.
"I guess I'm kind of a pediphile.", he tells her, still looking at the ground.
"You guess?", she asks.
"I am.", he says quietly.
"My wife came home to see me forcing our son to go down on me. I guess she kind of flipped.", he replies.
"I can imagine. Then what happened?", she asks.
"Well... She yelled at me. She called me worse then scum, that if she ever saw me again that she would have me killed. That she was seeking a divorce and would demand that I could never see our son again.", he says sobbing, "I truly have nothing left in my life except the bottle. After she applied for the divorce, I was arrested while I was at work. Once they heard what the charges were for they fired me. I've been using my pension to drink myself into oblivion, after paying for bail of course."
"Don't worry,", she says, "I'm sure I can take care of everything. I can make all this pain you feel go away in one pleasureful moment. If you don't mind following me?"
He eyes her supiciously.
"You're for real, right?", he asks, confused.
She only nods.
He smiles and follows her further back to a storm drain. She puts the hood of her cloak back up.
"I'm so glad I met you. Hopefully life will be back to normal soon.", he says with an air of relief.
She lets him go down the storm drain first. She looks back to see if anyone else is watching, but no one is around. Her face looks like a badly desicated corpse, the skin looks papery and is flaking off.
"Everything will be better soon.", she says as she hops down into the storm drain and replaces the grating behind her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:28 pm Reply with quote
((Ohhh Nosferatu justice is sweet!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:20 am Reply with quote
"Are you sure this is where she told us to go?", he asks the girl.
"Of course. It's written her. I think she may have more need for us here."
"I know we had to leave things behind in New Haven.", she tells him putting an arm around him, "But I think we'd be safer being close to her."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:11 pm Reply with quote
"Do you really think so?", he asks her as they walk through the airport.
She simply nods.
"I just hope her cargo got here safely.", she says as she walks towards the exit.
"I believe it's ok. Felix helped pack it safely. It's mid- day, and we have to find an apartment before the night comes. Then we have other jobs we need to do.", he tells her.
"I think she'll be quite pleased with us.", they say as they step into a taxi.

"To the nearest luxury apartment please.", the guy tells him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Her hand reaches for the body of the once animate pediphile.
"Well, I think that I have a nice little new peice of objet de art for my abode, as soon as i find one.", she says to the body, "Perhaps i should go find a suitable place. However, first I must find my ghouls and my alligators."
She looks at the body.
"But first, I must find others of my kind. I haven't the slightest idea where to begin. Guess I should start looking.", she says, carressing the man's peacful face.
"See, I did keep to my word. This is all over for you, you....", she says.
She pauses to think of the correct words.
"You fucking child molester. Hopefully purgatory is good enough for you.", she finishes.
She stands up and starts to walk away. She looks back at the dead body.
"Don't go anywhere.", she says.
She walks out of the room, her laughter peals through out the tunnels.
Some hissing and chittering is then heard.
"Make sure no one or nothing touches him.", she tells him.
They squeak back in acknowledgement.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Im gad to see you back.