<  Dusty Books  ~  An aspiring Regent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:37 am Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
[Joseph O'Reily, Newly appointed Tremere Regent to Cascadia, enters through his chamber room door. He sits triumphantly down on his leather couch. Slowly he rests his journal upon his thigh and begins to write a short passage.]

Finally my three years of hard work have paid off! I have been promoted to regent, but this promotion does not come without a price. I am being sent to a pit called Cascadia to irrupt a Tremere foothold. I've sent two letters already to both the Prince and the seneschal but they have been unanswered as of yet.

I've scouted out a newly empty building for the chantry. Its in an ideal location and is next to a rare item and magic shop. The building can easily be fortified and adjusted to our needs. I've already let into negotiations for the lot, all I need now is the princes go ahead…There is a reason Cappadocian's are supposed to be extinct. If the Hierarchy of Cascadia does not respond to my letters soon I will be forced to their place of residence to inquire further.

[he snaps shut his journal, his joyous mood slightly darkened by the realization of the work ahead of him. He rises to his feet and puts the journal on the end table. On his desk top sits a cage filled with 5 to 7 small white mice. Beside the cage a small potted plant. Smiling he opens the cage and removes a white mouse. The mouse struggle to be free of his grip but in all its attempts fails.

"Bon appetite." He said softly as he placed the mouse next to the plant. Almost instantaneously as the mouse was placed down the plant wrapped around it, many small barbs from the branches expelling into the tiny mouse, beginning to drain it of all its precious life giving blood. Less than a minute later the plant was finished. It lifted the dried husk of the mouse into the air, tossed it numerous feet away, and with perfect precision landed it in the trash basket.

"Nice throw Venom." The plant seemed to purr at the complement.

Last edited by Luciano on Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:30 am Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
Just then there was a knock at the door.

"O'Reily, you have a letter." The door opened and an apprentice handed Joseph the letter and left as soon as he had arrived.Joseph smiled with glee at the official letter in his hands.

"Looks like I won't have to write another letter after all." Tore the letter open with glee and read the words carefully.

*Mr. O'Reilly,

I am pleased to be among the first to welcome to our fair city of Cascadia. We pride ourselves on our acceptance of all those dedicated to the righteous and honorable goals of the Camarilla. You are welcome to find sanction here as long as you abide by the Traditions and customs of our glorious sect.

Prince Valek will certainly be anticipating a formal introduction, and you will be notified as soon as he is available. Until then, please enjoy the nightlife with the upmost caution. I needn't remind you of the cost of a breach in the Masquerade.

Sincerely,
Seneschal Gabriel O'Brien
Gerousia of Clan Ventrue*

"'Breach in the Masquerade' what does he mean by that, I've done no such thing…well in any event I'm glad they have finally decided to acknowledge me. All I need do now is wait for them to contact me with a meting time and place…I hope its soon…" Now it was his time to wait...again, so he laid back in his small bed, ready to ponder the useless matters of the physical plain. And ponder he did, for the sun was on the rise, and sleep came fast to his vampiric vessel.

* indicates articles previously written by gabe

Last edited by Luciano on Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((even though Valek hasn't posted as of yet, i think i'll post later tonight anyway

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:52 pm Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
(( been busy as hell lately, gonna post on it today ))

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:11 pm
((aarghhh a Trem!! eek lol only kidding :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:20 am Reply with quote
User avatarGhoulPosts: 7Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:54 am
((House and Clan Tremere are the finest of all.
(((Julius, Pontifex of the 3rd Circle.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:45 pm Reply with quote
((which of the seven Pontifex positions do you hold?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:15 pm Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: In your mind...Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:15 pm
((Tremere are gay! *runs off using Obfuscate and alot of sewers to escape*

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:42 am
((( Well to most Tremere ranks (Apprentice, Regent etc) there are 7 subranks known as circles to each rank. So ultimately after Regent there is often an available position as its very difficult to fill all the circles comprising the higher ranks with individuals of suitable skill

If House Tremere truely filled every single circle to all the ranks the Pyramid's numbers would be legion. In practical terms its very rare to have two regents in the same chantry, let alone seven Regents each with their own pupils, but the Pyramid's structure allows for such situations )))

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:37 am Reply with quote
((There are 49 Pontifices, 7 for each Councillor. Julius works for Councillor Meerlinda. See the Whispers thread for his current "job".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:31 am Reply with quote
((god i hate being off...every day seems like seven...drives me insane...Thank you for clearifing that for me jules, i thought there were seven to a continent and that they each controlled a certain order of tremere business, but you know much more than i do, so ill go by what you tell me (not sarcasmn, you really do know more than me, lol) :lol:

I know stone cold information about regents and Aprenticies as well as the circles however, to those my sources are good. :lol: I think... :roll:
Since there is no Chantry curently being maintained and operated in Cascadia (that is, since noone has played a tremere in the longest time so i figure there isnt... :? ) So Ive ben promoted to regent and am being sent with 2 apprentices to establish diplomatical relations and set up a Chantry with room to grow. My first apprentice is of the 1st circle, my second of the third. and i am a former Apprentice of the Fourth Circle of Mysteries....so that would make me a Regent of the fourth circle, right?ugh...ive still so much to learn...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:51 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:42 am
(( Well naturally it is always possible to skip a few formal steps if your skill is adequate (And you have a good record/sponsors) I believe you would be a Regent of the 1st circle if you have just been promoted.

Morathi herself was a Regentia of the First Circle of the New Orleans chantry she helped establish, Unfortunatly due to the actions of Anarchs and Sabbat in New Orleans, Martial Law was declared which brought in Hunters. Morathi was compelled to evac the chantry as a precaution and destroy what could not be saved. Although the loss of a chantry was not her strictly her fault, Morathi was stripped of her title of Regentia by the investigating Tribunal into her decision. Remember ranks can go down as well as up :wink:

On reflection, being a Regentia did not suit Mora anyhow, it made her job as an Astor damm hard to perform. So much better to be thought as a disgraced failure with no promotion prospects. It allows her much more freedom to carry out her duties...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:05 am Reply with quote
oh good, so both you and jules are Tremere? good, maybe we could all roleplay together....as soon as valek gabe and myself roleplay out this thread :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
*reserved* yeah sorry bout the delay Joseph...got off work yesterday and realized i still have X-mas shopping to do :P after a long nap today ((Workin 6:30 AM - 3 PM)) i'll do this thread some due justice

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:37 pm Reply with quote
((*looks pained* Please... Julius, not Jules. *Gets his Pilum of Fire spell ready in case of non-compliance*

On first becoming a Regent you would be a Regent of the First Circle, which still outranks an Apprentice of the 7th circle.))