<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Rapture tastes so sweet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Mark brushed his hand through his ruffled hair trying to gain some resemblance of a style. Sweeping his hands down the front of his coat and trousers in an attempt to dislodge the dirt and grime that had created a second skin over his clothes. Using his blood healing powers to heal some of his more grievous wounds.

He gently brushed passed Gabriel taking slow short footsteps in the direction of the exit before stopping halfway between his chair and the exit. He rubbed his stiff neck and sighed as he tried to rotate it.

He felt the unnerving and chilling feeling of eyes staring at him, trying to penetrate his exterior, trying to get at him, boring into his flesh. His hands dropped to his sides. His fists clenched tightly and the muscles in his arms flexed. Trying to hide the edginess and anger from his voice he spoke without breaking his glare form the exit.

“ Oh I’m afraid ‘Mr. O’Brien’” His voice sounded slightly more sarcastic as he spoke the formal name used for Gabriel for the first time since they had met “ that this is where you are mistaken. I wont be needing mercy from anyone.”

Mark took another step towards the exit. “I haven’t done anything wrong and it would be a…” a smirk shot across Mark’s face and his tone of voice lightened as he spoke the next word “ shame if you were to get in trouble for your thugs brutal and unwarranted attack on me…”

“ Are you trying to threaten me Mr. Archer? ” Mark sensed a slight darkness in Gabriel’s tone of voice.

“No Gabriel.” Mark looked over his shoulder; an innocent smile covered his face and his tone of voice became kind and calm “ Just a bit of friendly advice. Now I’m bloody hungry so if you’ll excuse me.”

Mark continued walking towards the exit when he felt the familiar harsh grasp that belonged to Clyde grip tightly over his left shoulder holding firmly onto the leather of his jacket.

“Hey watch it mate. You’ll bruise the leather.”
“I’m not your mate.”

Clyde’s harsh voice was followed by the sound of ripping material as he gave Mark’s jacket a yank.

Mark felt the blood surging through him giving him superior strength and speed. His voice resonated with a deep dark evil. “ Don’t FUCK up the jacket!”

Like a snake Marks left arm slithered underneath Clyde’s right arm and in one swift movement there arms where entwined and his hand was gripping tightly to Clyde’s right shoulder.

Before the mammoth of a man had time to react the sound of his arm bones shattering filled the silent room and his shoulder dislodged its self out of its joint as mark jolted the arm in a direction it was not meant to bend. Bringing the broken arm around Clyde's back Mark held him in an arm lock as his right hand gripped tightly to his neck. With all his strength Mark pushed forward thrusting him into the wall. The sickening noise rang throughout the room as Clyde’s head made contact with the wall and his body slid down the wall.

Mark smoothed out the creases in his jacket and his eyes glanced down to the slight rip in his jackets shoulder.

Turning around Mark faced Gabriel returning to the previous gaze they had.

“Don’t push me Gabriel… I’ve done nothing wrong and I don’t appreciate being treated like this. So if you don’t mind I will be on my way.”

((sorry for my delay as well.... i havnt been around))

[ This Message was edited by: Mark Archer on 2002-02-19 09:41 ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 3:43 pm Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
Kathy Pulled her coat around her as she walked down the barely lit street. Mark’s phone was in her bag and ever so often her fingers touched it tentatively, her eyes narrowing as she felt the pain that he was feeling.

Kathy paused at a crossroads not knowing which way to turn , as her eyes looked in all directions she felt a pull towards a large derelict building.kathy looked at it long and hard and slowly walked towards it, her heels of her boots making the only noise as she walked up the crumbly grey steps .
The heavy doors where slightly open and kathy slid her lithe body through them and looked around the small room, bare all for a single desk in the corner.
“what am i doing “ she muttered softly.
A beam of light was coming from one of the doors down the corridor and pulling her dagger out of her boots she advanced slowly, her senses heightened, she could hear even the tiniest mouse rustling in the room above her.
Her leather clad foot kicked the room door open and she held the dagger high as she stepped inside.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
Kathy looked down as she stepped onto the purple oriental rug.
"got good taste whoever is here" she said to herself as she began to walk around the room.
Watching carefully for any sign of movement.
"mark are you here....I know youve been here...look if you are I dont want to play games are you hurt..." her soft low voice rung around the room,echoing of the decaying walls.
Kathys foot kicked something and she gasped as she looked down and saw a pair of leather clad legs sticking out from underneath a box.
Crouching down she pushed the box away and looked in horror as she saw the vampire impaled by a stake.
She stood up and looked around quickly.
"hunters " she muttered as she listened for any sign of anyone else been in the room.
satisfied that she was alone she bent down and touched the stake. As she felt the rought hewn stake against her fingers she gasped loudly.
"mark...oh god what have you done"
She stood above the stake and yanked on it hard, feeling it come free from the vamps chest she stumbled backwards and watched as he seemed to gasp for air, his lips pulling back revealing his white fangs.
Kathys mind raced frantically as to what to do.
She Ran over to the table and grabbed the plasma bag she had seen on there and quickly passed it to the vamp.
"where is he.....is he still here?" the vamp said sitting up wiping the blood from his mouth.
"who are you talking about....did you meet some hunters? you really should be more careful you know" kathy said softly, her eyes watching him carefully.
"he was no hunter....he was a malk with bright blue eyes" he said, turning around looking to see if they where alone.
Kathy shook her head.." I dont know of any malks with blue eyes in the city, but you never know "
He stood up and introduced himself as Tavros,his cold lips touching kathys hand gently.
"well whoever he was he needs to be stopped im going to report what has happened to the appropriate authorities" Tavros said as he brushed the dirt of himself.
Kathy face froze in shock briefly before a false smile crossed her thin lips.
"you need to clean up before you go reporting anyone, its not very becoming to walk around looking like you are" she said.
He looked down at his clothes and frowned.
" well yes your so right ,but as you see, Ive hit on hard times and have not the amenities here to do as you suggest"
Kathy smiled and reached for her phone.
"I know of somewhere you can go, a lot better that this place too" she shuddered as she looked around, wondering how a torrie could belittle themselves to live in such a place.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Kathy watched as Tavros packed his few meagre possessions into a leather holdall.
"where is it im going again?" he asked turning to look ay kathy, smiling at her kindest.
"just a place I know, its quiet, Im sure you will be able to write plenty of poetry there" she smiled widely, tapping her foot on the dusty floor, trying to hide her impatience.
"right you ready then the car will be here in a few minutes" tavros nodded and kathy led the way out of the building, her footsteps increasing eager to get him out of the city.

"are you coming with me?" he asked hesistantly as they stood on the steps waiting for the car.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Kathy shook her head as she saw her black porshce boxster round the corner, its headlights lighting up the road.
"I have business to attend to, but my ghoul will look after you, here he is now" kathy nodded towards the car.
As the car pulled to a halt she ran around to the drivers side.
"is that him?" sam asked
"yes take him out of the city, I dont care where and just drop him off, make sure hes well away though" she whispered.

Kathy smiled as Tavros approached the car, his eyes looking admiringly at it.
"heres your ride, and as i said sam will look after you, wont you sam?"
"oh yes miss kathy, dont you worry about that" sam looked over as Tavros got into the backseat.
"ive never been in a porsche before" he said his hands running over the soft leather.
"well enjoy your trip Tavros" kathy smiled as she shut the door and nodded to sam.
"I'll see you later sam"
sam nodded as he turned the ignition and floored the gas pedal, the wheels of the car spinning as he headed out of the city .

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:33 pm Reply with quote
"I'm sorry Mr. Archer, I really am." Gabriel nodded curtly, his eyes looking past Mark's quickly healing body. Percy's pudgy body stepped out from the shadows behind Mark, a chunk of twisted steel gripped between his fingers.

Gabriel watched as the newly embraced Ventrue brought the steel down hard on the back of the Malkavian's head, who replied with a groan before he slumped to the floor. The fledgling giggled with delight, letting the steel fall to the floor with a clammer.

"That's the SECOND time I've got you!" the former ghoul frollicked about, his hands waving in child-like gestures.

"Enough," Gabriel said, walking towards his downed henchmen, "Get up Clyde." Clyde did not respond but merely sit slumped against the wall, his head on his chest. The Seneschal's eyes blazed with fury at the incompetance of his guards. "I said UP!" Within his body the inticrate process of blood magic twinkled, his mind's powers piercing Clyde's unconciousess state and demanding his response.

Clyde's thick skull shot up, his eyes wide as if awakening from a bad dream. He scrambled to his feet, refocusing his eyes to the moonlight's tender shine.

"Pick up Mr. Archer and re-chain him. I'll wish to have a short discussion with him before I deliver him to the Prince." Gabriel said shortly, pulling a crumpled pack of cigarettes from his pocket.

"Where should I put him sir?" Clyde asked, tenderly touching the back of his head with two gentle fingers.

"Put him in the office." Gabriel's face illuminated as he lit the cigarette, which he gripped between his lips tightly. He motioned towards the back of the warehouse, where the overseer's abandoned office sat.

Archer had broken the rules, Clyde and Jim had simply gone after him. From what they had reported, they merely chased him down, it was he who chose to attack. The original intent had been to capture him and bring him back, but Mark had turned it into a common street brawl. As Seneschal, he would have to break a few eggs.

He stood silently, the smoke spurting from his undead lungs with ease. Mark's limp body was dragged across the dust covered floor, leaving an almost humorous clean streak. The Seneschal watched as he was chained and set up in the back room.

"Jesus, why'd it have to be Mark.." he wondered aloud as he stepped into the room.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Kathy sat on bench at the side of the river,not knowing what to do.
Taking her mobile out of her pocket she hit the speed dial button and waited patiently for it to be answered.
"Gabe, have you seen mark at all over the past few nights, I dont know where he is and you know how I worry about him, we were meant to be going shopping" she whispered softly into the fone.

"What a lovely greeting Kathy. Well in all honesty, I'm speaking with him right now. I'm afraid he won't be available for some time...." gabe replied

Kathys eyes widened wondering what he meant.
"whys that then?"

Gabes voice seemed somewhat preoccupied as he replied "'ll really have to discuss it with you later Kathy. I'm sort of in the middle of something. Mark will be fine. Good evening."

"gabe...gabe are you there?" kathy said into the fone as the line went dead.
she dialled the number again and frowned as she got the answer phone.
"youve either lost a signal gabe or you have turned the phone off, I hope ite the first one" she said leaving him a message.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 5:52 pm Reply with quote
The cigarette hissed as Gabriel dropped it into a small puddle of rainwater that had managed to pool by the office door. Tuning his senses in he noticed the light tapping of raindrops against the tin roof of the warehouse for the first time.

He smiled slightly and opened the office door, stepping into the dimly lit room. The room was sparsely decorated, an old time worn desk being the centerpiece, with a chair on either side. In the closer of the two, Mark sat bound once more, slowly blinking his eyes and the gash on the back of his head closing with the power of his blood.

Gabriel shut the door and sighed as he stepped in.

"Sorry about that Mark." he walked past the Malkavian who looked up at him in a mixture of confusion and hurt. "Come on now Mark, don't look at me like that. I like you, but when you risk the Masquerade like that, you put us all at risk!"

"You like me huh?" Mark said, subtly testing the strength of the iron chains that were wrapped around his torso and limbs, "Funny way of showing it. And aside from that, he attacked me first Gabriel!"

"Nonetheless, you were involved with the torporing of an Camarilla Vampire. What if humans were to find him the next day and call the parametics or the morgue? What would happen when they dragged him out into the sun to be buried?" Gabriel said, leaning against the desk in front of Mark.

"So what? We should let those pathetic little whelps attack us and get away with it?" Mark let the sneer drain from his face, taking a more pleading look. "Come on Gabriel, no one was going to find him there. Besides, I was going to take the thing out of him." Gabriel sighed a pulled another cigarette from the pack that lay on the desk. He glanced up at Mark.

"Cigarette?" Mark shook his head.

"No thanks, those things will get you killed." He smirked slightly. Gabriel lit his and exhaled a puff of smoke.

"Hmm. Well in either case, I believe you Mark. But it's not up to me, you have to be tried by a court of Elders. So I'm going to have to take you to see the Prince." Gabriel sighed and took another puff. Mark's eyes narrowed, beady and cold.

"I think it would be in your best interest not to do that, you remember the traditions right?" Gabriel nodded slowly and cocked his head to the side. Mark smiled and sat as far forward as his restraints would allow.

"Aye, The Accounting. What's your point?" Gabriel said slowly, as if speaking to a child. Mark sat back slowly, a wry smile spreading across his lips.

"So let me ask you this Mr. O'Brien, would you be willing to go before the Prince and face that Tradition?" he motioned towards the window at the two waiting Ventrue bruisers, "From what I see Mr. Stumpy and Marshmalloman have not been "released". So if the Council of Elders were to find out they attacked me, a Primogen for no reason...I'm sure you see where this is going." Gabriel smiled as the Malk attempted to squirm free.

"They are not my progeny Mark. They are my assistants, I pay for their work. They, and they alone, are responsible for their actions." Mark shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess that's bad for me then. But still, you payed them to assault me without reason. You say you like me, I have nothing but respect for you. I served you, the Prince and the Camarilla, loyaly and this is how you repay me? With one damn big headache?"

"I didn't pay them to assault you Mark, I payed them to bring you to me. If their conduct was out of line, then they too will be dealt with. But being loyal to the Prince and myself, means also protecting the Masquerade, not mere friendship." Gabriel said coldly. The room filled with smoke now, collecting at the time and blocking soem of the light from the overhead lamps.

"Tell me this then," Mark said, "What have I done to break the Masquerade." Gabriel stood off the desk.

"You attacked and torpored another Kindred and left him there. That's enough. I'm afraid I can't take the chance that no one would find him as you say Mark." Gabriel made his way around Mark, "We'll find out who's to blame in due time." The Malkavian arched his head over his shoulder, trying to find Gabriel, who stood at the door.

"Are you even going to ask me why I torpored another Kindred? Or are you just going to jerk me around for no reason?" Mark spat, his face reddening with anger. Gabriel opened the office door and motioned towards the other Kindred.

"The Council will no doubt ask you why Mark. I don't enjoy this part of my job, but it has to be done." Gabriel turned around letting Clyde and Jim pass through the doorway and grip Mark's shoulders firmly. "I'm sorry."

The Seneschal slipped out of the room and into the vacant warehouse, his eyes downward to the floor. He waited for a moment, before Clyde and Jim emerged, leading Mark by the shoulders. Mark sneered as they passed.

"I see, you're in it for the quick jerk off then...." Gabriel watched with ever deepening sorrow as the Malkavian was led out of the warehouse and into the back of a large shipping truck....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Kathy looked around the docks for any sign of mark, the spirits touch was fading fast, her body felt weak with the continual use of the discipline.
The large grey steel buildings all looked the same and kathy shook her head, her fingers grasping his phone tightly in her small hand.
" Mark..I cant find you....Im losing the connection" she whispered as she let her body slip down the side of the building her head resting on her knees.
A rumble of an engine made her look up and she edged towards the side of the building, struggling up she looked curiously at the container truck.
Its a bit late to be loading up she thought as she walked towards it, keeping to the shadow of the building.
Her face lit up as she saw him stood,his arms behind his back, his blonde hair blowing in the cold wind that came off the river.
This is why he couldnt talk, business , she should have known .
As she approached she saw two of his ghoul loading something into the back of the lorry.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Mark’s head hung limply as he hung from his arms that were chained up from the ceiling of the large truck. Three chains were attached to the wall of the truck and positioned across his body to restrict his movement as much as possible.

Talk about a bad hair day. Would it of really been to much to ask for one calm normal night. He gave the metal chains a tug. The ones above gave way slightly but nowhere near enough for him to escape.

This life was becoming too much for him. The prince was a demonic cappadocian. Talk about a screwed up city. He gave the chains another yank. Not to mention the seneschal is a coward. Oh gee great. This should be fun he thought to himself.

A smirk crossed his face and a look of satisfaction occupied him as he glanced down at the jacket. At least he would die in style. Two hundred and twenty-four years… or was it Two-hundred and twenty-five. Damn the years have sped away from him and he had nothing to show for them. Except memories, but what good are they when your dead. A single blood tear ran down his face.

He closed his eyes tightly as he opened up his mind and his auspex became active. ‘Help me…’

[ This Message was edited by: Mark Archer on 2002-02-19 12:15 ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Her head cocked onto a side as she heard the rattle of chains inside the truck.
Her mind flashed back to the way she had felt her arms tightly bound to her in the alley....chains...thats it....her fingers gripped marks phone tightly and she willed spirits touch one more, every muscle in her body screaming as she used it.
Gabriel looked up as he sensed someone nearing.
Kathy closed her eyes and saw the inside of the truck and oh god no she thought, mark strung up, his face bloody and beaten.
"mark" she shouted as she dropped the phone and ran to the front of the truck.
"kathy" gabriel shouted, shocked to see her there.
Kathy stood at the doors of the truck, her body swaying, as her eyes adjusted to the dark gloom of the truck, a blood tear running down her face as she saw mark, chained like an animal.
Gabriel walked towards her quickly muttering.
Kathy felt him touch her shoulder before collapsing to the floor.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel's meaty hands thrust themselves under Kathy's arms moments before she hit the ground, his undead muscles moving with unnatural speed. He picked her up in both hands and placed her within the truck's darkened back. Mark stared at him, eyes ablaze.

"Enough Mark! What are you doing to her?" Gabriel said, his own eyes nearly glowing an eerie green. Mark's body tensed as he threw himself forward, straining the metal links.

"YOU COWARD! I'VE DONE NOTHING AND YOU KNOW IT!!" rivulets of blood streamed from his eyes as he shrieked. The base connections of the overhead chains groaned with strain. Gabriel stepped forward, his footsteps echoing out on the metal floor of the truck.

"You're WRONG Malkavian," Gabriel said, controlling his anger. "you've done something wrong. You and the rest of these monsters! I watched, night by night as chaos exploded around us, killings and battles between Kindred became commonplace! Now, I've finally reached a position to STOP these grievances among us! And I intend to do WHATEVER is necessary to do so." As the last words dissapated into the chill air, Gabriel found he was now face to face with Mark.

"So that's your plan huh?" Mark spat, "Use me as an example? Try to scare the others into line?" Gabriel shook his head violently, he hair whipping back and forth.

"No, I told you, no one's going to harm you. I won't let anything happen to you Mark...but Primogen or not, you're responsible for your actions..." From behind Gabriel, Kathy stirred silently....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Kathy heard Gabes raised voice and her eyes opened slowly, her body aching she pulled herself up on her arms and leaned against the side of the truck.
Her eyes looked over at Gabe and then to mark, seeing the chains that held him tight.
"Gabe....whats going on?"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Mark closed his eyes tightly and his breaths were slow and heavy. His body shuddered violently in the chains. He cleared his throats as he began to regain control. His blood stained cheeks glistening in the moonlight that seeped into the back of the truck. His eyelids rose slowly revealing a dark void.

“More harm has been done than you can possibly imagine.” Mark’s tone was soft and filled with an aching agony of sorrow. “An eternity of physical torture or even the feel of the suns scolding rays against my flesh would be a welcome fate compared to that which I will now have to endure.”

He shook his head slowly from side to side; an exasperated gasp left his mouth “Yes your right… I’m responsible for my own actions. I’m guilty of the crime. The crime of caring.”

“You know what Gabriel. Lets just make this easy okay. Let me go. Or kill me. I’m getting to old for this. Let my unlife end with what …” Mark shrugged as he searched for the right words. His tone of voice dropping slowly into a depressed state. “With what little pride, dignity and sanity I have left. Think about it… there’s not a god damn single witness here. Make a example of me. “His voice was picking up more bitterness and anger “ Drive the fucking truck over the edge or drive a bloody stake into my heart.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Mark's eyes glanced to outside the truck as he heared the soft tender vocie thet belonged to kathy. His pain filled eyes made contact with hers for a moment before he lowerd his head and sighed heavily.

His voice trying to hide the pian and sadness he felt as he spoke.

"Kay you should... urr you better go."

[ This Message was edited by: Mark Archer on 2002-02-19 17:16 ]