<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Tower Hotel- "Up in smoke?" or "Full of Holes?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:14 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 13Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:21 pm
This was indeed a victory for the good side! The Dogg house for the rest of the week was one big party to celebrate their victory, but not everyone spent all the time partying- Simmons and Kizito spent the time planning the next attack.

Tower Hotel. This place was home to the classical Vampires- the ones that run the show- the politicians and businessmen. This was their next target, but how to do it indiscreetly… hmm…C4 was their first choice…but that would involve civilian deaths…no, for now they would plan their moves carefully.

((uh oh- better do something quick...ty to find these hunters...before they strike again! ((cant belive no attention- beside gabe and kiya- were brought to that senseless massacre of the Well known kindred bar...shit....noone ever reads my posts unless i advertise... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel eased his foot of the brake of the blue Civic, and felt the lurch of the car as it groaned forward. Generally this car was used by his ghouls for undercover work. But tonight it was under his control.

As he traveled through the Cascadian streets, he cursed his luck. An apparent attack on a well known Kindred bar when the Prince is away. It figured.

Ahead, tail lights added a splash of color to the otherwise black and yellow landscape of the city. The yellow glare of street lamps reflected cooly in Gabriel's eyes. The Seneschal was hunting once again.

The car coasted into the parking lot and came to a stop in front of a small diner. The diner was dormant, the lights shut off and the sign out front turned to "Closed". He scanned the scene for his contact but found nothing.

His passenger side door swung open and Gabriel fought desperately to control his urge to tear the intruders throat out. Detective Brady's portly body climbed in, a manilla envelope in his hands. He turned to Gabriel.

"Evening Mr..."

"Don't use my name, what do you have for me?" Gabriel said quickly. Brady opened the manilla envelope and produced a charred piece of wood.

"This is all we found," Brady said, still holding a smoldering cigar between his lips. "it's wooden and burnt, but it has blood marks on it."

The object was a long cylinder like shape, the tip cut to a point. A stake. Gabriel glanced over it and nodded slowly.

"Alright," he said finally. "anything else?"

"Nope, fraid not."

"Thank you." Gabriel said curtly. Brady nodded and stepped out of the car, disappearing into the cool night's air. Gabriel started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. Hunters??

((i realize it's not my best posting but it's relatively early morning for me...it's been a LOOOOOONG week.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:43 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm
(no, it was great. considering Gabriel in running blind. Kiya should have everything on video...damned snakes... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 7:51 pm Reply with quote
The nights seemed longer lately. Gabriel knew it wasn't the seasons, it was the content. The entire city seemed to be drenched in turmoil, killings and violations everywhere. Desperately Gabriel had attempted to do his best to keep things in line. But the tighter he squeezed the more seemed to leak from his grip.

He shot one more furtile glance up to the lit windows of the Tower Hotel. They shone like a hundred tiny suns, each contributing to the yellow glow that fell over the sidewalk below. He stood at the entrance, the doors clear glass lined with a painted gold that shone like cities of old. Outside the doors, bellhops and valets in dark crimson uniforms stood stiffly, opening the doors to the incoming and outgoing guests, most of whom were adjourned in formal attire.

The street was a clutter tonight with late shoppers and visitors, who moved by Gabriel without even noticing him. He seemed in a seperate dimension out there, on the cold February street. They walked in pairs and groups, the Kine, smiling and laughing and carrying their parsels. Gabriel smiled inwardly, nearly two centuries of stolen life and still money drove him on.

He took another long drag on his cigarette and let the smoke drift aimlessly from his nostrils into the night air. He pulled his heavy overcoat a bit tighter to keep out the biting cold. It helped a bit. He found that although his nerve endings and muscles were half dead, if he consumed enough blood the spark of light could return, or at least be simulated. A familiar face finally emerged from the hotel.

Jim Verolla, a fresh looking Ventrue from the old world, emerged in his slightly over sized suit. He cast a few subtle glances at the surrounding settings and then stepped over to Gabriel.

"We're ready for you inside Mr. O'Brien." he said quietly. Gabriel nodded and watched as Jim made his way back inside. It was the monthly Gerousia, a Ventrue tradition ranging who knows how far back. Once a month the entire inner city clan pulled together in the Tower Hotel to discuss matters. The meeting was run by the city's Eldest Ventrue, known as the Praetor, and in Cascadia, that was Gabriel since Sorenti's mishap.

To an outsider the proceedings may seem dull, as the talk consisted mainly of business and stocks, but to a Ventrue it was what they did. A test of wills and wiles. Gabriel flicked the cigarette butt to the cement and crushed it under his heel as he turned towards the door. He stepped inside just in time to miss the humvee headlights that came roaring down the street.

((BRING IT! :smile: PS. Every Ventrue should be here, Tara, Jade, Syd, even Sor...so if you guys are reading this....feel free to participate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 10:18 pm Reply with quote
(( Very cool post man :smile: im in my lunch break , so ill post something as soon as i get back from work :smile: ))

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm
:idea:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:28 pm Reply with quote
The tower hotel, a figurehead of Ventrue Dominance. -all about to crumble down to the ground.

Two humvees came slowly to a stop outside of the Tower Hotel and seven men quickly got out. They were wearing all black suits- the kind that Black ops generally wear. They were sporting a variety of different Anti-Vampire Weapons (Steaking weapons of different sizes, holy water-guns, flame throwers of different sizes, molotav cocktail [speacial holy water blend]) they quickly entered the hotel. The Vallet, frozen in place outside flips out his cell phone. "Mr.O'brien we have unwelcome visitors, ...they are wearing all blakc, i dont know who they are...they are Severly Armed sir..."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:36 pm Reply with quote
the men split into two teams-after steaking everything they saw downstairs, kindred or-.
one team took the stairs to the basement. the other got into the elivator and headed for the top floor...

The team in the basement (codenamed Roy) had seemingly no resistance-afterall its only a basement right? and large basment... Roy's job entitled them to setting c4 in different places-they quickly got to work, not noticeing the few kindred moveing down the stairs behind them...

The team that took the elivator up, (codename Roger) had the duty of slaughtering all the kindred-they head there was a meeting going on.

The elivator door opened slowly...Five or six massive men awaited them on the otherside. Roger team quickly opened fire. two of the masive men were steaked but the othere ran over and slaughtered all of team Roger in a matter of seconds.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Roger team had failed-and paid the ultimate price.

Team Roy, Consisting of Earl, Husky and John a good team...but noone in it was familiar with C4, they were reading the instructions out of a little book as they were setting them.

They had set about 5 or 6 devices before the Ventrue goons had engauged them. John was the first to go-by his own gun, the vamp commanded him to do it and he did! this was insane- first they had lost contact with Roger team and now this!

Husky torched one of the SOB's before they got him too...this was insane, earl leaped up from his C4 charge and quickly past the Ventrue. he climbed the stairs quickly and ran out into the lobby, there was noone around. Quickly he took out a molotov cocktail and tossed it towards the stairwell door-just to insure those vamps dont follow. he ran outto the hummer and got in. He hit the detonate button.........a large sound was heard, resembling and explosion...but nothing happened, the building still stood! the bombs must have not been set up right! NOOO. Shit.

Quickly he charged off-pissed as all hell.

((sorry im not feeling well, and i dont have much time to be online...so the posts are kind of bad....sorry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:01 pm Reply with quote
((ok, the team upstairs killed 2 or 3 gaurds, but team 3 never got out of the elivator. if the ventrue upstairs (gabe syd whoever) wants to kill them be my guest.

the basement, again if someone wants to be the ones who kill them down there be my guest, but chase after Earl and jump through the holy fire or else you will die.

The C4,only 2 went off. distanced so great from each other they didnt really work as planed ...much in the basement is torched...some of it is collapsed...not really too safe to walkdown there...cieling could give way...but no structural damage.

As for the men themselves...no ID nothing to link them back, the humvees were stollen off a military base. all the equpment was either custon made or could be bought anywhere...as for tracing the men themselves, they were all orphans,taken in by a Mr.Robert E. Lee (which is obviosly a false name, the adress give to the orphanage is false...everuything on that form is false...but it goes backa good 12 years ...so...any information about the man Video tapes ect. is long gone.) so....have fun.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Kiya watched the screens in horror. Once again her guards had alerted her to the events.

"FUCK ..." She should have showed Gabe the tapes earlier ... this might have been prevented if she did so. Her mind raced. Did she go there, and try to help, or should she just ring a few people.

Kiya reached for the phone. It seemed as though her Setite guards were disposable. They would make for decent shields if need be. Kiya brought the phone to her ear, her fingers racing across the numbers.

"Yeah Billy, there's an incident at the Tower Hotel, I want all available guards there immediatly. About 15 of you if that's possible. Bring every possible item of protection you have against everything imaginable. I'm not entirely sure what we're dealing with here, but it doesn't look good." Kiya hung up the phone the second she was done with her orders.

"Frank, I'm going there now. Keep the camera on the Seneschal at all times, do NOT let anything happen to him." She picked up a small device and placed it securely in her ear. "If you see anything tell me immediatly. Is the transmitter on?" She glanced over to the small box checking that everything was working properly. Frank shook his head.

"Ma'am ... I don't think that you should go. You have fifteen guards headed their now, what difference are you going to make?"

Kiya smiled slightly. This was the first time that she ever remembered Frank making a bit of sense. "Well Frank, I may not be needed, or a big help, but you never know."

"Then at least let me go with you." His eyes looked pleadingly up at her.

"Frank, I need you here to watch my back. You're going to be directing every move I may or may not make. I'm depending on you." She quickly excited the haven, jumping into her BMW and screeching off into the night. A cloud of dust followed her down the road.

Withen minutes she was at the hotel, but it seemed the excitement was over. Her guards wandered around outside, searching the grounds for whatever they might find interesting. It seemed as though a few had made their way into the building.

Kiya headed over to Billy. "You need to get these men out of here. If they found anything tell them to put it back immediatly, I don't need the police to be on my ass." Billy nodded and quickly radiod to the others. Withen minutes they were gone.

Kiya headed up the stairs, cautious of everywhere she stepped. She looked around, trying to find the Seneschal. She figured it was time to come clean to him about her getting the security cameras, but she wasn't going to disclose everything, maybe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:03 pm Reply with quote
(( Well ... while I was writing this Rof managed to get up two posts ... sooooooo ... my has been edited. Sorry if it sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:08 pm Reply with quote
((lol, no its good :beer: :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:08 pm Reply with quote
((damn....one second no one's writing on the thread the next BAM! the whole fight's over! lol, well okay. i'm havin a mega busy day..but when i get home tonight, Gabe's gonna be ANGRY....so i hope you didn't have too much of an attachment to those men in the elevator :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:19 pm Reply with quote
((nope as i said, i was giving one prospective, so, any vamp could have killed anyman, so have fun with the killings. just earl escapes....and unharmed... :lol: