<  USA  ~  "True Friends..."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:13 am Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
[b:4f4d1ef226]"... stab you in the front."[/b:4f4d1ef226]

[i:4f4d1ef226]-- Oscar Wilde --[/i:4f4d1ef226]

-------------------------

The dirty flickering streetlights made the shadow of the building that stood before her dance, its rhythm swift and impatient. The stark, imposing grey wall was broken with large hostile windows. Dirty and jagged without hint of the great light flooding structures they once were, they formed a deadly barrier to the heart of the construction. A heavy steel door added to the defensive stance of the ruptured panes.
Nix swiftly looked at the note scrawled on the paper she held and sighed. The note had been shoved under the door of her hotel room the night after she’d met Finn.

[b:4f4d1ef226]Come tomorrow, 9pm.
We need to talk.
Alone. Don’t be late.[/b:4f4d1ef226]

On the reverse of the note was the address of the warehouse. [i:4f4d1ef226]Don’t be late.[/i:4f4d1ef226] It was definitely from someone she knew. Or knew her.
Glancing down the vacant road, she resisted the urge to turn and leave.
She got the distinct feeling that the building wanted to be left alone, its inanimate emotion borne from the blood and sweat of a century of anguished blue-collar industrial workers. The warehouse had survived its torment; it wanted to be left in peace. Something she knew wasn’t going to happen.
Nix started towards the entrance of the building the hard concrete calling a warning to the construction under her heels. The steel door opened easily to her touch.
It was dark, very dark inside. Shadows wrapped round the empty innards of the building. She realised the building was like her. It was empty, save for a few spent needles and rubble. Empty. Dead.
She shivered, a habit of old, as she fastened her denim jacket and slid the note her pocket. Gripping the smooth handle of her pistol tightly, she stopped suddenly.
She wasn’t alone in the vast space. Like a soft breath on the back of her neck, she sensed someone behind her, another of her kind.
“Long time no see.”
Whirling, she pounced on the speaker, bringing him to the solid floor with a heavy thud. Straddling him, she pinned his arms to his side digging the barrel of her weapon into his forehead.
“Not the greeting I was expecting Nix,” he said grinning, “but not an undesirable one either. But then you always were unpredictable.”
Slowly, she took the gun away from his forehead and glared suspiciously at his face veiled by the shadows of the night. He wriggled between her legs.
“Now now Nix. It’s not like you to be speechless. I’ve come all this way to see you.”
She knew him. Knew him well. And he’d surprised her.
“What fuck do you want?”
“I’ve come to ask you a question.”
”And what would that be,” she replied laying the hand that held the firearm on his chest.
“Well… how do you like my gift?”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
"Wh--wha?"
Kahn's bright green eyes shot open as he bolted to a sitting position, suddenly awoken. His keen senses took in the familiar setting, the spacy back portion of the VW camper he had belovingly named "Big Red". He turned towards the source of his abrupt arousal, a tiny white and black mouse.
"What the fuck, Kris? I told you not to wake me, man!"
Krisjo the mouse twitched its nose defiantly.
[i:18e4bab32a]I don't care, got a message. Sounds important, too.[/i:18e4bab32a]
Kahn combed dextrous fingers through his rowdy black hair and checked his vest pockets until he found a watch he had lifted the night before, he checked the time with a sigh and discarded the watch onto the growing pile inside Big Red.
"Yeah? What is it? Sewer rat convention?"
Kahn's mouth spread in a thin smile, he knew how much Krisjo hated anything to do with the sewers. Or any kind of filth, for that matter. Quite a unique mouse.
[i:18e4bab32a]Oh! A joke! Look, the big ass fur-less monkey is capable of humour![/i:18e4bab32a]
The rodent's whiskers twitched satisfactorily.
"Everyone's a big-ass fur-less monkey to you." Kahn muttered as he concealed the pillow and comfortable mat he had slept on. Big Red had been conditioned, among many other things, to harbor three normal-sized sleeping spots on the back, which could be folded and concealed expertly. It could also fashion back seats, but Kahn usually kept these shut.
Tha Ravnos finished conditioniong his rolling haven and turned to the mouse.
"Well, what is it?"
Krisjo leapt down from the back of the driver's seat, where it had been perched, and scurried towards Kahn's awaiting palm, which lifted and carefully dropped it into its "burrow". The kindred had fashioned one of the numerous hidden inside pockets of his trendy vest to accomodate his tiny companion. They had gone everywhere together for a better part of a year. Kris answered from inside its comfy resting place.
[i:18e4bab32a]It's Finn. looks like he needs ya. All the message was "Kahn needs you. Come here."... the source was this spacey grains-for-brains pigeon, but sounds veritable enough[/i:18e4bab32a]
Kahn's handsome features set in concentration, questioning.
"Finn? Hmmm...wonder what kinda trouble bird-boy got in this time."
He moved his atheltic frame towards the driver seat and turned the key in the ignition, a powerful V8 motor purred in response.
"Well," there was a slight crank as Kahn set the gear and released the brake, "Guess we're gonna find out." His foot hit the pedal.
Outside, the deceiveing exterior of Big Red reflected the city's lights as it turned 180° and sped off into the night with a screech.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 64Location: Everywhere "they" didn't look.Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:41 pm
[b:de906c0542]Best laid plans...[/b:de906c0542]

He’d spent the better part of two nights since sending his feathered cry for help. Were he able, he would’ve crossed the city by rooftop, leaping any gaps in his way. But he was only a youngster. And such actions would have been impossible without him falling in the attempt, either to his death or to his distinct disadvantage. So he settled for his circling between a number of favourite perches.

When he tired of one, he’d drive or walk to the other. The city Uptown was bustling with Saturday night activity. The clubs were filling rather nicely. The Goths of Chicago were filling the bowels of the Succubus club to nigh on bursting point. The more Avant Garde clientele favoured "The Blue Velvet". Finn favoured neither. Since his confrontation, and strained employment with Nix, he’d taken to keeping a clear head. He had strayed into something deeper than he’d hoped for, and although he knew Kahn would arrive as soon as he could, he was still on edge.

He’d settled on the edge of a dramatically, and uncharacteristically tall Brownstone. Peering out across the lower levels of Downtown, staring at the rising, glittering towers of Uptown. If he narrowed his eyes just enough. If he focused and strained his bird-like sight just enough, he could imagine himself looking at the hotel Nix was staying at. If he combined his vision and his imagination just right he could see the brightly lit windows of each of the hotel’s rooms. In there. Sitting in the luxury and splendour of one of those rooms was Nix. He laughed to himself as he thought of how she’d react were he to step into her room from the balcony, twelve floors up.

But he was only engaged in one of his reverie’s. He smiled at himself and returned his gaze to the streets below. A swarm of swift’s whirled and looped over the buildings across the street. He recognised one of them, releasing a thin, shrill whistle through his pursed lips as the birds hounded the block in their path.

[i:de906c0542]"Thwee-woorl!"[/i:de906c0542]

One of the swift’s seemed to hesitate in her anti-gravitic spiral, her head turning at the sound of her name being called out. She saw the now familiar figure of Finn straddled on the roof ledge and whistling to her wingmen, she spun off to meet him.

[i:de906c0542]"How are you, Thwee-woorl? The chicks ready to leave yet?"[/i:de906c0542]

The tiny bird landed next to his left leg, looking up with her beady eyes. Shining, bright and alert. Her beak whittered back.

[i:de906c0542]Not yet. Otherwise okay. Weather’s been pretty bad too. How are you, little corbie?[/i:de906c0542]

Finn smiled at the reference she’d sung. But his mind had darker concerns.

[i:de906c0542]"Thwee, has there been any word?"[/i:de906c0542] He sounded glum.

The bird chirruped. She so longed to make him feel better, but her tiny beating heart, as warm as it was, couldn’t fabricate the lie.

He knew her answer before she whistled it. His head sagged, the Calamus scattered between it rustling softly. Thwee had gotten used to the strange qualities of her stranger still friend. She tapped at his hand gently, nudging it as if trying to supplicate him, give him hope.

He smiled down at her, stroking her miniature head with a finger.

[i:de906c0542]"Thanks, Thwee. Keep an ear open huh? I’ll drop by tomorrow night. See how those chicks of yours are looking."[/i:de906c0542]

The swift would have smiled if its beak would allow it. Instead she cheeped then took to the air, rejoining her impatient squadron. No doubt, Finn thought. The hubby’s sat at home watching the kids.

He pulled himself to his feet, straightening his jacket as he turned away from the edge. At that he heard something. Something that made him freeze, then whip round excitedly.

Growling along the street to his right came a monstrous chimerical van. Part Volkswagen camper, part monster truck. He recognised the vehicle just as cleanly as he would its driver.

[i:de906c0542]"Big Red!"[/i:de906c0542] He shouted to nobody in particular.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
[i:f338f00a23]"Wait wait wait!"[/i:f338f00a23] she cried out at the last moment, her eyes full of tears and terror. [i:f338f00a23]"I'm frightened...please please...I don't want to..."[/i:f338f00a23]

At long last the facade that she had sustained for the duration of the night crumbled before him. The street-tough sex vixen mask that she wore, accentuated by a low cut dress, stylish hair-do, and padded breasts came off, and the frightened corn bread midwestern girl underneath shone to the surface.

He hushed her quietly, cradling her face in his hands and laying soft kisses on her cream colored forehead. He wiped the tears and fleeing mascara from her cheeks and brushed a tiny tendril of loose hair behind her ear. He promised that he'd never let anything bad happen to her, that he would never even [b:f338f00a23]dream[/b:f338f00a23] of hurting her.

He knocked on the darkened window that seperated the driver from the passengers of the limousine and leaned in towards it, requesting the heat turned up. As the pair of them basked in the warmth of the luxury vehicle, only accentuated by the plush leather and soft lighting within, he felt her will crumble once more.

Nodding limply, she lowered her head and offered her arm up once more. He asked her once more if she was sure of her decision, knowing full well she had no choice.

[i:f338f00a23]"Y..yes. I'm sure..."[/i:f338f00a23] came the broken reply. He took a moment to study the figure before him, the figure that had exuded so much false confidence at the club. Who had been completely sure that she was wooing this man, this man who seemed so perfect, so flawless. He had been enthralled with the compelling mixture of uncertainty, feigned confidence, and...was it pride? Yes...certainly. Her friends stood watching from the dance floor with jealousy, as the man they had oggled over all night long chatted pleasantly with their companion.

They hadn't the slightest inkling that he was seething with rage, hatred, and homicidal desire. Snubbed and outmaneuvered once more by his most hated rival the same night, he sought an outlet for his fury, a punching bag. He hadn't expected it to come in the form of a petite brunette with puppy dog eyes and a pair of velvety lips.

Yes...she was stunningly beautiful....yet not overly confident. A rare breed to find in the city indeed. He stuck the needle into her arm.

[i:f338f00a23]"Oooh ow ow ow!""[/i:f338f00a23] she chirped like an infant. A swarmy smile greased his lips as he felt her melt to liquid in his hands, the heroin pulsing through her system rapidly. Never took long with the small ones, he mused.

The soft blue eyes began to gloss over, and then retreated back into her head as she slumped into the ever growing softness of the limo's seats. He removed his coat, and placed it aside, rolling up his shirts sleeves. Then, with planned grace, he descended on her and sunk his teeth into her neck.

+++++++++++++++++++

[i:f338f00a23]"Ooooh...myyyy....Gooooooood...."[/i:f338f00a23] she moaned, fat with satisfaction. Her naked skin felt good against the leather, and she rolled around for a few moments, her breasts milky and full, her sex still pulsating with raw sensation. The nude man who sat across from her was an adonis.

Every muscle in his leaned, nude body was visable as he sat slouched against the limousine's window. His face was chiseled, yet soft and inviting. Thin lips, with a smile that had captivated her all night, were drawn down into a faint frown. He held one hand over the pair of pristine blue eyes, that even during their passionate raw lovemaking, had pierced her very soul. They had retained their brilliance, even under the heroin's potent influence.

She cooed and nuzzled up to him, pressing her still warm body against his, which seemed oddly cold. No matter, I can warm you up, she thought. Her carresses, even those that wandered near his impressive manhood, brought no reaction however. Her tongue brushed his ear, and she nibbled softly on it.

The sleeping form awoke with a start, and he shoved her aside with such force that she sat shocked.

[i:f338f00a23]"What...? What's going on?"[/i:f338f00a23] he hissed, his eyes instantly drawing up the memories from the previous night. [i:f338f00a23]"Christ! We're still in the fucking limousine?"[/i:f338f00a23]

She was shocked, had all his tenderness, his parental love been a drug induced sham?

[i:f338f00a23]"T..Tyler? You're here with me...remember?"[/i:f338f00a23] she offered, once again risking everything. He didn't even look at her, but was already at the front of the cab, knocking on the window.

The glass declined, and the drivers attentive eyes (although she thought she could see the fatigue within them) looked back towards his employer.

[i:f338f00a23]"Jesus...why didn't you wake me?"[/i:f338f00a23] he grumbled. [i:f338f00a23]"Get her out of here and lets go...what time is it? 8:22?! FUCK! I'm going to be late...lets go!"[/i:f338f00a23]

He plopped back into his seat furiously, and began collecting his clothes, paying no attention to the now frightened girl beside him.

[i:f338f00a23]"Tyler? What's going on? What're you doing?[/i:f338f00a23]" her voice trembled.

[i:f338f00a23]"Getting my shit together, I suggest you do the same."[/i:f338f00a23] he grumbled, the compassion and sympathy now long gone. The passenger door opened and the driver, whom she now saw was a burly figure, jerked her from the seat and threw her naked upon the sidewalk. She looked up at Tyler, who still sat gethering his things, from the sidewalk. [i:f338f00a23]"Too late."[/i:f338f00a23]

He threw her dress out the door and the driver slammed it shut. A moment later the limousine roared off into the evening.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Nix stood and gave the figure laying on the floor a swift sharp kick to his left rib.
Trent grunted and stood up, brushing down his black pinstripe suit.
“You fucking bastard,” she swore running a hand through her raven dark hair. “You could have just called!”
He shrugged and smiled.
“Well you know,” he said looking to at the floor, “I wanted to see you again, its been such a long time.”
Nix shook her head and turned her back on him.
“Oh come on Nix. We went though a lot together. Me, you, Blue, Nat and Porter. You remember?”
She folded her arms over her chest, “Yeah well that was a long time ago.”
“There are certain things you need to know. And in a way,” Trent said tightening his red tie. “It involves the past.”
“I haven’t got time for this Trent,” Nix sighed and tucked the pistol into the back of her jeans.
“Oh you will when you hear all about the gift.”
“Heh,” Nix said turning to face him. “Pretty clever that, writing the names on the inside of the wrapping paper. Key words. Triggers. Clever.”
“Well, I didn’t get to where I am by being stupid.”
“You’re pretty stupid being here when you got having half of Chicago after yo ass. Shit, Trent, how long you been here?”
“Followed Finn down from up north.”
Nix snorted derisively and took out a cigarette, lightening it with a match.
“Some fucking gift. Do you know how much that boy has cost me?”
Trent chuckled faintly rubbing his clean-shaven chin.
“Well I thought you needed a new toy.”
“I think I’ll play with him for a while, then fuck him off.”
Trent smiled knowingly. “I doubt you’ll do that.”
“Oh yeah? Why?”
“Finn has ah… interesting ancestors. His sire is someone we know. ”
“And?”
“Oh come on Nix, its staring you in the face. Gangrel, could be a bit of a dickhead at times.”
Nix narrowed her eyes then laughed. “You have got to be joking.”
Trent shook his head his humour masked with a grave expression.
“You telling me that Finn,” she said pointing towards the door, “is Porter’s childe?”
He nodded, his face breaking into a sly smile.
“For fuck sake! Everyone is having kids!” she laughed. “First you, now him. You really know how to make a girl feel left out!”
“Mike’s a pussy, looking out for things here for me,” Trent replied waving his hand dismissing the topic. “Finn, however, is a different story.”
Nix looked at Trent, flicking the cigarette butt into the shadows.
She gracefully sank to the floor and crossed her legs, leaning back on her hands.
“Ok, spill.”
She might as well get comfortable. It looked like she’d be there all night.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:37 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 64Location: Everywhere "they" didn't look.Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:41 pm
He’d asked the birds that roosted near his dingy apartment to watch the movements of the monster van. He wanted to see what, if it indeed was Kahn driving, his friend had in mind.

He let his “watchers” keep their eyes peeled for another night, then he decided he’d better show face.

“Big Red” sat seemingly reluctantly in the parking lot of a hovel of a bar. A row of battered and rusted hogs waited outside, waiting for their respective riders. He grinned, balling his fists before stepping through the stain-smeared metal and glass door.

The bar was heaving. Scattered among the crowds were a few hungry looking women, feeding off the admiring and horny glances of the men. He felt himself stifle a chuckle as his keen eyes picked their way through the smoke and the glare of cheap neon, homing in on the seated, travel-roughened face of his friend and ally.

He walked to the jukebox which played an old Sabbath song, yanking the plug free, draining the machine of power and the bar of music. Every head turned to face him.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“Which one of you fuckers owns that red van parked out front?”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

Kahn’s ears pricked. He raised his head from his card deck and hid the smile that came dangerously close to the surface. He knew this game all too well. And it had been a while since they last played.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“It’s mine! What’s it to you shitfuck?”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

Finn narrowed his eyes, hiding the glint of silver from his audience.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“What’s it to me!? It’s [b:d96c2c0f6d]my[/b:d96c2c0f6d] fucking van you thieving bastard!”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

He moved forward snarling, falsely but impressively nonetheless. A group of surly, brutish and unintelligent looking men stood in his path as he stormed towards the sitting figure’s table.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“Hey, Kahn? You want this asshole taken outside?”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

Kahn slapped his cards on the table, a twist of his hand made them vanish into his right sleeve. He stood up, a dark expression mirroring the shock of black hair that framed his piercing glare.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“I think I can handle this pussy myself guys. Thanks anyway.”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

He didn’t have time for any more posturing when Finn’s fist exploded into his face. The sickening crunch that shattered the silence. The two drifters fell upon each other. Kahn retaliating with a headbutt that drew blood from Finn’s lip as his fangs extended a little too far. They scuffled under a table before one of the brutes grabbed Finn by the hair, pulling his head back as another kicked him in the ribs.

Kahn exploded from under the table, grabbing a third and crunched his balls with his knee.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“I said I’d take him you fuckers!”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

The crowd of men, momentarily caught off guard, soon took offence to Kahn’s “betrayal” and lashed out at both of the Kindred.

Finn, broken free by the impact driven by Kahn, rolled to his feet and slapped Kahn’s back.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“Good to see you ya fuck!”[/i:d96c2c0f6d] He ducked as a crude punch was thrown. It caught Kahn instead, spinning his jaw to the left.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“Sorry man. Here...”[/i:d96c2c0f6d] He grabbed the offending attacker, shoving him into the path of a chair swung by Kahn. The thug fell with a thud.

The two friends began to weave through the gang, expelling blood to keep them upright. Spilling more to keep themselves entertained. A massive bearded fellow knocked Kahn flying with a swatting blow, prompting Finn to leap onto his chest, headbutting him to the ground.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“Motherfucker! That’s ma mate!”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

The beard dropped backwards, unconscious. With each success, more seemed to come. A few popped knives into their hands, stabbing out at the ducking, dodging brawlers. Kahn took one in the flank, gritting his teeth as the blade snapped between bone. He seemed to weaken from the onrush of pain, wincing as the knife’s owner kicked the blade’s remnants further in.

Suddenly alert from the flash of added pain, he lashed out with both arms. Grabbing the guy’s shoulders, pulling himself to his throat. Full of rage he didn’t try to stop himself as he took a mouthful of blood from the screaming, flailing human.

Finn laughed as he dropped another with a whisky bottle. The glass spraying all over as he kicked a table away.

Finn wiped his face a little clearer of grease, spittle and blood collected in his struggles. He swigged from one of the bottles on the floor before gasping loudly.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“Ahhh nothing gets the blood pumping more.”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

Kahn dropped his terrified victim, who scrambled away..

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“Fucking freaks! Both of ‘em! Fucking hell!”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

Finn licked blood from his right hand, exaggerating the action to add insult to injury. The bar emptied leaving the two Kindred standing, looking dishevelled and spent. But for all their exhaustion, the two vampires were grinning like fools.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“Welcome to Chicago, Kahn old buddy!”

“Fuckin’ A!”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

They grabbed each other by the arm and lifted a whisky bottle from the bartop. The barman cowered behind it.

The bar door swung open letting in as much chill as it let out smoke.

Kahn nodded to make Finn aware. The crazy haired feral looked to the door. Wreathed in smoke plumes, and neon, Nix stood nonchalantly smoking a cigarette. She blew out a lungful.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“Playtime’s over, boys. Time to come in.”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

Kahn laughed, [i:d96c2c0f6d]“Is this the bit of fluff that’s been troubling you, Finn?”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

Finn nodded grimly. How was it she always managed to find him?

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“Yeah, that’s her.”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

Kahn looked at Nix. Then looked at the mirror that decorated the bar. Then back at Nix, his eyes widening.

[i:d96c2c0f6d]“Finn? Did you know she’s a...?”[/i:d96c2c0f6d]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:35 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
"Finn? did you know she's a...?"
Kahn caught a subtle but very real glare from the newcomer. Interesting. Fine, he'd play along, he was curious.
"A total babe?" He finished the sentence.
Finn just ran a hand through his wild hair and shrugged.
He had not been lying either. Finn's "fluff" stood a few inches shy of the Ravnos' own 6 feet, fashioning shoulder-length dark hair that framed mysterious dark eyes. And that body...
He put on his best effort behind his smile as his vivid green eyes twinkled, "Hey, name's Kahn, how you doin'?"
She turned to him, eyes blazing.
"I'm doing fine. What the fuck are [i:66f94085cd]you[/i:66f94085cd] doing?"
Kahn gestured at the completly trashed scene, broken tables and shards of glass littering a floor thick with alcohol and even blood.
"Just havin' some fun, remembering old times."
Her intriguing dark eyes glanced at the Gangrel and a chuckle escaped her sensual lips. "With him?!"
Finn nodded slightly "Yeah, we go back."
Kahn slipped a hand inside his vest, producing from various hidden pockets several wallets and watches, as well as rolls of bills, rings and some necklaces and bracelets. The loot he had been able to procure during the day, most of it during the fight. That had been the real reason under Finn's "game".
The Lasombra nodded "Fucking hell, the guy's got friends," her glance turned towards Kahn's winnings "Light-fingered friends. Nice." She smiled slightly and met the Ravnos' eyes.
"Kahn, eh? My name's Phenix."
Kahn smiled his charming smile, "Nice to meet you, Phenix." His nimble hand raised a glittering, expensive looking gold bracelet. "Here, a gift."
Nix smiled slowly and extended her hand. Kahn decided he loved that smile as he dextrously fastened the bracelet around her strong but femenine wrist. She grinned slightly and shot a glance at Finn.
"Nice gift. I'm sure it'll prove useful."
Finn scoffed slightly and then cawed, "We should get outta here before those idiots call the police or something."
Nix nodded, "Yeah, you've had your fun, let's get the fuck out of here."

The trio walked into the chilly night, Big Red reflecting the lights that the door let escape almost beckoning. Phenix glanced at the huge vehicle and snorted disdainfully.
"Fucking piece of junk, you can't leave it here." She turned her piercing gaze to Kahn "You should park it at my hotel, the lot's underground. Don't want those motherfuckers to recognize it."
Kahn nodded. Seemes like the Lasombra wanted to talk. Good, he had questions himself. Finn had summoned him, it was time to begin being useful.
Finn slided his hands inside his jacket's front pockets and his chest seemed to puff out. "You go on ahead, Fingers, I have some more...acquaintances...to talk to before I call it a night."
Kahn nodded at his friend an climbed unto Big Red, satisfyingly awakening its engine and following the whie limo the curvaceous Lasombra traveled in.

They arrived at a luxurious hotel and Kahn maneuvered the gigantic vehicle into the underground parking lot, accomodating it expertly in an inconspicuous spot. He turned off the engine, noticing how the limousine he'd being follwoing waited patiently some meters ahead. He vacated Big Red, put a hand inside his vest and produced Krisjo the mouse. He gently dropped it onto the paved floor. "Go eat something, pal, I got things to do."
Krisjo twitched its nose, he [b:66f94085cd]had[/b:66f94085cd] been hungry.
[i:66f94085cd]Alright. Catch you later. Don't do anything stupid, man[/i:66f94085cd] And it scurried off under a neighboring Lexus.

Kahn walked to the limousine, noticing his reflection on the vehicle's polished exterior and fixing his hair in response. He opened the door and waited for Nix to get out. After a few seconds of waiting he glanced inside and grunted as he was suddenly pulled in, hard.
The door closed behind him and he found his throat wrapped by a strong...but still femenine...hand.
"Alright, fucker," Nix hissed in his ear. "You may know what I am but that fucking tweet don't. And it gonna stay that way, you got that?"
Kahn smiled slightly and with some difficulty uttered "Ah, you like it rough, eh?". He felt the pressure in his neck increase a great deal and he finally gasped, "Ai'ght, ai'ght...I'll keep my mout shut."
She released her grip and he smiled, rubbing his neck.
"Heh...I definitely like you," He let his nimble hand raise and the same golden bracelet he had given to the Lasombra earlier that night glittered around it. "I'll even let you actually keep this."
She glanced surprisedly at her wrist. She had not noticed when the bracelet had been picked. She smiled at him, oh she could definitely use him.
God, how he liked that smile.
He refastened the bracelet to her wrist and sat across from her. The limousine was indeed luxurious, its leather interiors contrasting a great deal from Big Red's.
She lit up a cigarrete and offered him a drink. He accepted a beer.
"So," He asked as she prepared a scotch for herself, "Why the whole secrecy thing?"
Her eyes glanced at him. The way Nix looked at him had really softened. Excellent.
"Well, it's a long story. Let's just say I don't want the wierd fuck to go an' tell his godamn daddy who and where I am," She shrugged. "Plus, I want to be trusted and Lasombra..ah, are not exactly.....popular."
Kahn nodded, "You've a history with bird-boy's sire?"
Nix then noted a pendant around Kahn's neck, it had probably been tucked under his shirt before, but it had come out when she had pulled him in. It seemed to be a long shard of some type of metal. It glittered eerily. Interesting. "Yeah you could say that. I used to run with him, a while back," she replied.
"I hear he's this grangly, ancient mutt...and you don't strike me as someone who...likes doggies," His lips elongated in a half-smile.
She replied with a mischevious grin. He liked that smile much more.
"I don't." Nix glanced at her drink, "He acted like a fuckin' puppy back then, though."
She glanced back up and met his eyes, "So, you stickin' around?"
He noted the deliberate change of topic but smiled as his piercing green eyes stared into hers, "Dunno. Why? Should I?"
Her eyes twinkled mischieviously as she said, "I could make your stay quite... pleasurable....for a while." Her tongue dragged out the "pleasurable".
Kahn decided he really liked that tongue.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:16 pm Reply with quote
She woke earlier than usual, aware of figure resting beside her. Sitting up in the sunken hotel bed, she looked at Kahn smiling slightly.
“You’re an interesting one,” she muttered to herself, dragging her fingers through her hair.
She pushed herself out of the bed, grabbed a black silk dressing gown and wrapped her body in its smooth material.
The night before had been… remarkable to say the least. She’d been reunited with John Trent and found out a whole load about ‘Bird Boy’. She chuckled slightly at the analogy. Finn really did have bird like features; gestures, his eyes and whatever that hair was meant to be. Trent had told her everything he knew. Tapestry, Simian’s gang and the unfortunate incident with Emery. She hadn’t known he had it in him, but being Porter’s childe, it didn’t surprise her. But now she knew. And she could use that kind of information. She realised why Trent had sent him to her now.
Then she’d met Kahn. The Ravnos tried to be clever and charming, and succeeded for the most part. Nix however knew not to let him out of her sight. He was too observant, too cocky. Dangerous, with an extremely useful talent. Nix looked down at her wrist, watching the bracelet catch the light. Extremely useful talent. She looked around the deluxe hotel room and giggled quietly. Various items of clothing were strewn from one end to the other, the sofa was lying on its back and she seemed to remember flooding the bathroom with water. She’d learnt the tactic years ago. To manipulate a man into doing whatever you want him to, give him sex. Then take it away.
Out of the corner of her eye she saw something small shoot across the room, dodging the various objects on the floor.
A rat.
She crouched slowly and picked up a discarded boot with a lethal looking stiletto heel. Standing, she held the boot as a weapon, slowly advancing on the black and white rodent.
The mouse squeaking to itself, ran towards the bed, then stopped to look at her. The shoe came down with such force, where the rat had once stood, that the heel snapped and broke.
Nix screamed in frustration as the vermin ran under the duvet on the bed.
Kahn jerked awake as Nix pulled the back the sheet covering his naked body.
“Hey, er, what the-?” he said fuzzily, stumbling over his words.
Nix ignored him, intent on the black and white rat sitting, shaking on his chest.
“Kris! What you doing here, man!” Kahn said, looking the mouse. “I’m ya know…” he continued nodding towards Nix.
“That rat yours?” Nix asked astonished talking over him. “Oh I’ve seen it all now!”
“Yeah, he’s mine,” Kahn said, cupping the tiny rodent in his hands and sitting up. “And he’s not a rat.”
“Well whatever he is,” Nix said, throwing the boot across the room, “get him out of here.”
“Ai’ght, ai’ght,” Kahn said scrambling out of the bed. “Don’t worry Kris, she just don’t know you yet.”
She opened her cigarette packet and drew out a cigarette, when a knock sounded at the door.
“Is everything satisfactory Miss Richardson?”
The manager. “Shit,” she swore, looking at Kahn who was stroking the mouse in an attempt to calm it. The mouse.
The mouse could solve a minor problem.
“Play along,” she whispered to Kahn, then opened the door to her room.
She glared at the manager, a small balding man of indeterminable age, his frame shrinking under her dark gaze.
“Did you know you have rat problem?”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:49 pm Reply with quote
He smiled and stood from the bed, Krisjo still in his hand. He loved those games.
"Yeah! It scared the shit out of us, man! I think it was eating the bed away, look at the size of this thing!" He extended his hand, grabbing the mouse by the tail, but he expended some blood, using one of the talents he was most proud of.
The manager shrieked very femenine like and stepped back. Instead of cute Krisjo dangling by its tail in Kahn's grasp, the human saw a huge gray rat, with red eyes and yellow, foaming fangs.
Nix raised an eyebrow at the rodent-like monster as it hissed at the manager who yelped and ran out of the room.
Kahn chuckled and put the now normal Krisjo on the seat of a luxurious chair.
"We just weaseled your way outta paying the bill," He smiled at Nix, "I like the way your brain works."
His nude figure retreated into the bathroom and Nix heard the shower being turned on. She glanced at the mouse that twitched its nose innocently up at her.
She smiled "Nice illusion, " she called at the running shower as steam began to billow out of the open bathroom door. "Very nice," she added softly.
"Yeah. Want to join me in here?" Came the reply from the steamy marble bathroom.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:14 am Reply with quote
Finn had left Kahn to it. He knew if anyone could worm info out of Nix it’d be Kahn. He skulked off into the night stained street, hands in his pockets, releasing steady streams of cold air through his thin, tensed lips. He pulled the collar of his leather up to ward off the chill that seemed to descend on the city so suddenly. The effect was as much psychological as it was for display. Being dead had the advantage that the cold affected you less. You were already cold. Granted being warm was nice. But his lineage were a staunch bunch.

He headed back to his apartment, exchanging greetings with a couple of hunting owls, before finally trotting up the steps that led to the grimy old sandstone tenement.

He sluiced through the narrow, dimly lit corridor that led to his apartment. His vampire-enhanced vision easily picking out the hidden details the low watt light-bulb failed to reveal. He was tired. Hungry. And at last, with Kahn’s arrival, feeling like he could afford to lower his guard enough to sleep soundly.

Fate however is a hard hearted bitch. And once she has her sights on you, she never lets go.

He pulled the heavy drapes closed, reinforcing the protection from the sun by rolling down the wooden slatted blinds. Thus satisfied, he dropped himself onto the old bed that filled the tiny bedroom. Pulling off his jacket and shirt until his torso was naked. His hair quivered as though vying for his attentions. Dutifully he agreed, preening each strand, his fingers slick with a day’s grime.

He couldn’t recall when sleep finally took hold. Or whether the sun was still set when it did. But those were moot points. Facts were, he was in slumber. The bed clothes were ruffled, some lengths of which had coiled around his legs and waist like cotton pythons, each trying to squeeze the life from him. Had he had any.

He moaned in his sleep. It was, judging by the pained expression on his face, far from restful. His face creased as he spoke aloud.

[i:0a2ece610a]“Tappy? Is that...? No it can’t be. I’m dreaming. You’re dead.”[/i:0a2ece610a]

Inside his head, the fantasy he had concocted affirmed the latter.

[i:0a2ece610a]Yes beloved. I am dead. But with strange aeons even death may die.[/i:0a2ece610a]

He sobbed piteously, [i:0a2ece610a]“...no, this isn’t real. Let me wake up. Leave me alone damnit! Don’t I miss her enough?”

Shhh, Finn. I don’t mean to hurt you. But you have to listen.

You are entering troubling times, beloved.

“I don’t want to hear this. God wake up you idiot!”

You are walking the knife’s edge. You must seek one from those you despise the most.

“What the hell are you talking about? Please, Tappy, just leave me be. I miss you so....”

Find strength, Finn. Seek one from the clan of Kings. He will be known to you.

“Clan of Kings? I don’t understand, Tappy....”[/i:0a2ece610a]

He twisted in the sheets, wrapping himself. The cotton soaking up the bloodsweat that poured from his face, seeped from his skin.

[i:0a2ece610a]Sleep baby. Have the courage to live. Anyone can die.[/i:0a2ece610a]

A curious, monotonous ringing began to creep into his flight of fancy. Increasingly insistent for his attention. It reached a pained crescendo, waking him with a start. His hands twisted into claws, gripping the pillow.

The telephone on his bedside table was ringing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Nix bit her lip, severely tempted to follow Kahn into the bathroom. The misty steam billowed out into the deluxe room, steaming up the mirrors that offered her no twin, the shadow of herself. A mouse had solved one minor problem. Maybe a bird could solve another problem.
Nix sighed heavily, then picked up the telephone sat upon the floating desk supplied with the room. The number she dialled was unfamiliar under her fingers, tips still blue from the night before.
[i:479890c029]“Hello?”[/i:479890c029] The voice was groggy, slightly strained.
“Finn? It’s Phenix.”
[i:479890c029]“Ugh,”[/i:479890c029] came the reply.
“Get down here now, there’s something I need you to do.”
[i:479890c029]“What? Now?” [/i:479890c029]
“Yeah now.”
[i:479890c029]“Ah, alright then.”[/i:479890c029]
“You gonna join me or what?” Kahn shouted over the roaring water.
[i:479890c029]“Who was that?”[/i:479890c029] asked the voice, now alert.
“No one,” Nix lied. “Just get down here.”
Pause.
[i:479890c029]“Okay,”[/i:479890c029] Finn replied. [i:479890c029]“Give me half an hour.”[/i:479890c029]
“Good. Oh and Finn?”
[i:479890c029]“What?”[/i:479890c029]
“Wear something suitable.”
[i:479890c029]“Alright.”[/i:479890c029]
Nix nodded to herself and replaced the receiver.
Annoyed by her lack of compliance, Kahn stuck his head around the shower room door. His chiselled face housing piercing green eyes that looked for her around the room. Finding her he smiled crookedly. “Come on Phenix, I’m getting lonely in here.”
Half an hour. He’d be longer than half an hour.
“Ok, I’m coming.”
She could do with a shower.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A loud knock came from the door of the room.
Nix swore as she brushed past Kahn to step out of the shower. His nimble hands caught her around the waist, stopping her from leaving.
“Ignore it,” he said into her ear, tightening his grip.
She turned to face him then smiled placing her hands on his broad chest. Kahn’s strong arms encircled her as his hands wondered up her back to hold her shoulders.
The knock sounded again, louder this time followed by a muffled sound.
Nix waited.
He started pulling body her towards him bringing her back into the region of the shower.
To manipulate a man into doing whatever you want, use sex.
Nix’s face contorted into a frown.
Then take it away.
Using her leverage, she pushed Kahn.
Kahn grunted as he hit the tiles of the shower.
She’d not pushed hard enough to damage, just enough to make him release his grip on her.
“No fucker,” Nix growled, “tells me what to do.”
She strode out of the bathroom, picking up the discarded robe and throwing onto her back.
“Phenix!” came Kahn’s voice from the bathroom.
Nix flung open the door, tying the silk garment with the supplied belt.

((ugh horrible

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:40 pm Reply with quote
[b:2473542bc8]...of mice and men.[/b:2473542bc8]

Finn pulled himself off the bed groggy from too little sleep. Or too much? He hadn’t slept soundly, at the very least. So maybe it was the latter. He walked into the shower, allowing the scalding water to loosen then wash away the dried blood that had tattooed his body with his night sweats.

Once showered, he pulled on a pair of boxers, almost tripping as he lifted a tired leg. His modesty thus hidden, he walked to the wardrobe next to his bedroom window. The cheap teak effect doors creaked open revealing the results of his shopping trip with Nix.

Two hangers, sheathed in protective bags, held suits. He thoughtfully fingered the zipper on the one nearest him, tugging it open and freeing the outfit inside.

Lifting the suit, still in it’s sheath, he laid it flat on the bed. Disappearing again into the bathroom.

He splashed on some aftershave. Something called Echo that Nix had selected for him. And satisfied with the overall effect, he began to dress.

A few moments later he stood looking at himself in the mirror. The suit was a magnificent cut. It was angular enough to exaggerate his leanness, and fluid enough so as to move with him. He smiled, obviously quite impressed. The dark blue pinstriped suit lengthened him, making him look and feel taller. He ruffled the matching tie slightly as was the “fashion”, and fastened the cufflinks before pocketing his wallet and keys. He was just about to leave when he decided something wasn’t quite right.

He looked reluctant, but sighed complying with his gut instinct. The scissors shining from the bedside drawer.

---------------

The taxi dropped him off at the hotel lobby. He tipped the driver and walked inside. Feeling both conspicuous and invisible among society’s upper echelon.

The receptionist pointing him in the right direction he made his way to Nix’ room. A certain airiness in his gait. Once he caught his reflection in the polished brass of a door and growled at the sight. Running a nervous hand over his hair he scowled. But at least he’d be less recognisable.

He knocked once on the door. Practicing his smile before it was opened.

The kimono Nix wore barely managed to hide her curves. He felt a strange flush fill his face before he spoke.

[i:2473542bc8]“Well? What do you think?”[/i:2473542bc8]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:34 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
He didn't consider himself a perfectionist by any means. A casual glance at his dishelveled hair, worn jeans, or overly swarmy repartee with females would clearly reveal that. Tyler had no inner obligation to live up to, no impossibly high standards or goals to meet. He was simply infuriated by defeat.

Whether or not it was the same thing was a moot point. If some Ventrue strove to succeed, he strove to avoid failure. To avoid humiliation. And now, as he stormed through the municipal building, his loose collection of employees close in tow, he was hovering perilously close to the ledge of just that. Humiliation.

Christ! He had made all the proper arrangements! The team had been at work all weekend, hammering out every single hard out of the way, you'd- never-think-to-ask fact and implimenting it into their presentation. The Ventrue had PERSONALLY made sure they were briefed and re-briefed on probable questions from the zoning board, and they were primed and ready for any query from left field.

The graphs had been drawn up to specifications and their accuracy ensured, Tyler had even gone over them himself, just in case any smart ass councilman decided to find out how much the project leader REALLY knew about his project. He had been ready! And now...?

What would his Sire think? He had been in Chicago for only a few months, and everything had been running to plan! He had used the money given as a going away gift from Gabriel to invest in several small businesses, which had immediately seen enormous growth. Already, his small businesses were buying up stocks in the larger companies, most of which were inaccessable to Tyler due to their current ownership. The bastard Ventrue Elders...rotting corpses in ancient three pieces suits and fedoras.

His own level of success had even matched his Sire's initial outings...and the Chicago elite were beginning to take notice. Already he held several key figures in his grip like a winning hand of cards. Boons and dignitas flowed nightly into his possession, nearly too good to be true.

If his Sire knew that he had ruined the most important deal since his arrival on some smacked up fluzy...NO! It wasn't his fault...it was that blood sucking bitch...that...

HER!

Indira. That's who's to blame here. If she hadn't snubbed me at the club last night, this never would've happened. Indira...you disgusting wench.

Indira Rodriguez in fact, was far from disgusting. And in his heart, Tyler knew it. She was the Childe of a prominant Ventrue in Chicago, and shared the same Deathnight as Tyler...that is they were embraced on the exact same night. They shared similiar talents and display of skill. Their charisma was off the charts, and both were slippery as they were beautiful. Tyler wanted nothing more than to touch Indira's soft brown skin, feel her naked body pressed against his, and perhaps the cold snap of her neck breaking under his hands. And she knew it.

Ah! To be in love with the one you hate most! The irony.

Tyler and his flunkies burst into the meeting room, the latter not disguising their flustered, hurried breaths as well as their master, who was not required to breathe in the first place. The councilmen turned and stared at the late arrivals, and then turned their attention back to the presentation already in progress.

Tyler followed their gaze. A small, peakish man stood before them, proudly displaying charts, figures, and petitions to the council with great zeal. He moved his hands vigorously as he denounced the evils and horrors of urban development. How Tyler and his money hungry companies would destroy whatever natural world they had left in the fine state of Illinois.

The manufacturing plant would destroy the small suburb where it was currently being proposed to be constructed. It would drive away homes and families, and the community stood behind these facts.

Now seething with anger, Tyler stared at the puny man with hatred. It was Indira's vassal. A pathetic worm of a man. So...it HAD been her fault! He had been out-maneuvered! It had been her intention all along! Bitch.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

The meeting was a disaster. Even as convincing as his facts and arguments had been, there had been no hope of repairing the damage done by his tardy arrival. The time it took him to get there had been enough for Indira's man to do his work, and completely dominate the thoughts of the council...the factory was a no go.

((hmmmm...more to come in the morning.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:34 pm Reply with quote
((topping

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:38 am Reply with quote
Their struggle against one another had been public and indiscrete. Many of the upper crust of Ventrue Elders who were not already indebted to one of the two marvels now turned their noses from them. After all, it was bad form to two Ventrue to compete so openly, it hardly presents a unified front for the rest of the Clan to live up to.

But no amount of coaxing or dignified pleading from their peers and superiors could smoulder the intense hatred and rivalry that the two had cultivated for the past several months, and whispers throughout Esylium seemed to indicate that it was merely a matter of time before they were both wiped off the map by the Prince. Since Lodin, Chicago had been relatively peaceful...or at least a degree more peaceful than it's rocky past. No upstart, snot-nosed Ventrue were going to destroy what so many Cainites had poured blood and money into. A tentative peace.

The wishes and scorn of his Elders were far from Tyler's mind as he stepped from his Lexus onto the rain-drenched sidewalk in front of his hotel, where people scurried like rats, and he detested them at the moment. His perfectly sculped face and beaming blue eyes drew the stares of several young females, and he could smell the scent of their lust in the air. He exhaled through his nostrils aggresssively, skulking through the front doors of the hotel and moving wordlessly up to his suite.

[i:e3ce722bff]I can't believe she pulled that off...how could I be so predictable??[/i:e3ce722bff] he wondered as he moved through the double doors that opened into a spaceous room overlooking Chicago proper. New age furniture mixed, and in Tyler's opinion, clashed with the Romanesque pillars and busts of ancients that his Great-Grand-Sire had probably known assuming they weren't simply fabricated figures.

Deflated and finally alone, Tyler slid off his overcoat and collapsed onto the couch, burrying his face in one of the throw pillows.

[i:e3ce722bff]"Careful. Wouldn't want you to suffocate."[/i:e3ce722bff] the voice was silky smooth, seamless perfection. It carressed his soul, made his dead heart spring to life, and was the catalyst for the slow, burning, acidic hatred that churned in his stomach. He propped himself up on the couch and stared at Indira bitterly. [i:e3ce722bff]"Hello Tiger."[/i:e3ce722bff]

[i:e3ce722bff]"I thought we had agreed you wouldn't call me that."[/i:e3ce722bff] he said venemously. [i:e3ce722bff]"And what are you doing in my suite...by all technicalities you're in my domain..uninvited."[/i:e3ce722bff]

[i:e3ce722bff]"You'd turn me away? Into the cold night?"[/i:e3ce722bff] she pouted a brown, full lip and Tyler felt his loins burn. Her hair was pulled high, exposing a smooth, long neck. Her eyes shone brilliantly in the dim lighting, like opals catching a thin strand of light in a darkened cavern.

A simple yet elegant black dress displayed a body that envoked desire in men and envy in women, complimented by a pair of stunningly shaped legs. She was truly gorgeous...and Tyler was trapped in her spell.

[i:e3ce722bff]"Would you turn me away Tiger?"[/i:e3ce722bff] she asked again, already knowing his will was weakening.

[i:e3ce722bff]"How did you know I'd be late?"[/i:e3ce722bff] he changed the subject quickly and turned away from her, retreating into his bedroom to avoid being subject to her magnificence.

[i:e3ce722bff]"Oh I know you well enough Tiger..."[/i:e3ce722bff] she came to the door of his bedroom, leaning her back against the framing, arching it ever so slightly. [i:e3ce722bff]"...I know what you like."[/i:e3ce722bff]