<  SoC's 3rd Birthday Reunion  ~  Three years

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:57 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Great to see you Syd!!!

How've you been mate? Things are a bit dry right now as far as threads go. I'm currently working on something (lots of research, that's why I haven't written yet), but it should be just the thing to inspire me back to writing. No tips on what just yet.

How's things w/ you?

BTW, flattery will get you everywhere, but Gabe was never Prince. Seneschal was the peak of power for our poor Ventrue Irishman.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:24 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Porter's been back a while now. Though my current status means he hasn't been seen much recently. However, that's all to change soon.

Like Gabe I haven't been active much, but I've started writing something. It's a tad ropey. seeing as its been several LONG months since I tried writing anything. But hopefully it's not too bad.

Gabe, PM me with your ideas etc. I need to brainstorm a bit with you.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:50 pm Reply with quote
VentruePosts: 102Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:57 pm
ok posted two replies that didnt make it so 3 is a charm right.....Happy 3

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow I guess that goes to show how long I've been away. I could have sworn that Gabe was prince.... Who did you serve as Seneschal under? And who took my spot as Keeper, if anyone. Also how long after I left did SoC close down in game or is it still going, I'd love to come to a meeting if it is still going. I went in game and spoke to someone who claimed to be in SoC and RiB when they were still here but would not give his original name. He was in a group called Karma Police (lol) and tried to recruit me(hehe). Not that I have much time anyways.

Which brings apologies for not getting to log on to much. Poor excuse I know but I'm not always close to a computer (PC anyways). Im back in the States for a few weeks, in Florida now and will be heading out to Southern Arizona (Tucson where im born). Anyone out in the west? Maybe if they dont fly me back out to Iraq which Im quite sure that is where I will be going....I got some good pictures of some Dead Iraqi's though should anyone care to see them one of them is a sure kill for me. Some of this may sound brutal especially to some of you "Bush Bashers" however out there its reality, but very exciting for the most part. I leave at that.

I really wished I could have gone to the reunion! How was it, what happend? Keep posting because I want to talk with you all at least a little before I go back out

Well I guess I will bid you all adieu for now...Fair will Folks,Blokes,shielas, ladies, lassies, and yall.....I really do miss you guys whom I had my most memorable vamp moments with - you know who you are -close to my heart

Travis/Syd

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 4:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Stay safe out there Syd.

Yeah, I'm not sure how good of an idea it would be to go flashing those pictures right now...especially with current events being what they are. I don't know that I would personally want to see them, but eh to each their own I guess.

I imagine things will pick up again soon, and then a reunion may not be too far out of the imagination.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:35 pm Reply with quote
You havent done the reunion yet?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
yeah, we did one, ages ago now :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGargoylePosts: 14Location: IrelandJoined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:53 pm
Wow,

Years ago we escaped the horrid ToR and created Shadows of Cain . . . . then it transformed into Survivors of Cascadia and here you all are 4 years later - so amazing to see how this has grown. I remember Rhiannon and I laying in bed trying to come up with names for the new troupe just before we told ToR to kiss our a** - we almost didn't name it Shadows of Cain because we thought the letters SoC were funny together (Sock). We almost called it Children of Cain. How would you have liked that? CoC? Then she (Rhiannon) fought for the name Rhapsody in Blood, or RiB (which she did use later but at the time I thought was too silly). Of course, as history has proven (or I should say, I won the argument), it was to be SoC.

What it has become since then is completely amazing. I know there was some bad blood at one point during the change from Shadows of Cain to Survivors of Caine . . . Rhiannon left (or was supposedly killed during the Garu attack) but you all kept the spirit of SoC alive. Now, with the actual game itself gone - when most other people said "Screw it!" - you kept it going. It is now more incredible then it ever was.

Love to all and HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY! (since 3 years ago was in Dec of 2003 . . . I'm only guessing that the 4th must have happened in Dec of 2004 right?)

Seph
AKA:
Traxx the Malk
Sabastian the Tzi
Connie the Gargoyle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:33 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
I seem to remember jumping ship from ToR like just before Christmas of 2000. That was perhaps the most fun I've ever had online. The period from mid-December through till February was amazing when there would be more people in the SoC room than in Newbies. We had amazing chrons, complex plots, a tad too much ooc drama but then again, with THAT many people playing it was hard not to have that much.

Ahhh, remember the first time when MAster Cyril showed up going after Valen Vanderville? Those were heady days. Of course the most fun (apart from killing Mark Archer with his own sword) was watching the might Sheriff Euryon going after some garou thinking that he was going to be all tough and what not. Seeing his little tune flipping around the screen in the WTD Penthouse that I used as Eve's haven never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:22 am Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
Though my experience in online vampire BB guilds is limited to only this one, I must say I wouldn't prefer to be with anyone else. Since I clicked onto this website, I've been impressed by the sincerity placed in each IC thread aswell as the superiority in each interaction. It's good to see no idiots amongst this number of people, considering how often Redemption would offer you jackasses (8 people are in a newbie room game. More than likely, all 8 are socially deprived fourteen years old nerds with no lives off their machines).

This guild is worth more than just a collection of people who can stand each other and write a few good lines of text, this group has potiential. Whether this is SoC's third or fourth birthday, my only concern and desire is that their are many, [b:dcbe147926][u:dcbe147926]many[/u:dcbe147926][/b:dcbe147926] more B-days to come. I may know little of all your characters' histories, but with threads like these to gaze through, I'm already well satisfied.

SoC rocks, plain and simple. Don't ever let anyone who knows nothing of good writing tell any of you otherwise. 8)

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
Did SoC just turn 4?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:48 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
more or less

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
4 years.....that's like....a fifth of my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 234Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:11 pm
//

Last edited by kathy Belvadere on Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
I have you beat, Kathy. :shock:

But that's all I'm going to say about it. :D