<  International  ~  Lupus Finis Battuere: The Wolf's Last Battle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:38 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCity GangrelPosts: 52Location: UnknownJoined: Tue May 20, 2003 9:41 pm
The blade swung in a hellish arc, the air in it's wake drained, filled with an absence of life. It's keen edge connected with the beast's paw, slicing cleanly through fur, muscle and bone, severing it. The yelp of sudden pain and surprise traveled through the misty setting of the Irish forest as the moonbeast took sudden evasive maneuvers, flipping away from its attacker.
The feral figure of the garou's adversary emitted a raspy chuckle as it gave the sword a quick rotation, making the fine edge whistle through the air.
"Surprised, flea bag? It sure 'as sliced through things more impressive than garou, ye know?"
The lycanthrope growled menacingly at his foe, clutching its bloody stump. It had underestimated the kindred, a mistake it would not make again.
"[i:189489ccce]Lucky strike, pup. Prepare to be chewed on.[/i:189489ccce]"
Graventhorp's fanged mouth spread in a sardonic grin, challenging.
The garou crouched, preparing to leap and abruptly paused and hesitated, staring at the spot where its claw used to be.
Thorp let out a disdainful snort, "Paw not growin' back, eh fido?"
The garou blinked confusedly, it had never had difficulty in regenerating lost body parts, what was happening? Its gaze wondered towards the city gangrel. The kindred stood almost seven feet tall and wore a tattered black overcoat over a blood-stained shirt. He fashioned a shoulder-length gray mane of hair, thick fur-like hair not very different from the garou's. His features were as feral as only over seven hundred years of unlife as a member of the Gangrel clan could contort, yellowed un-stealthy fangs protruding from the mouth. But what really made you stare were the eyes, or, better put, the life-less craters were eyes should be. The kindred was obviously blind, but seemed to have no handicap in battle; that had been the moonbeast's prime mistake, underestimating the eye-less bastard. The garou's searching stare then turned to the weapon the kindred held on its right, clawed hand. It unconciously took a small step back, recognizing. The silver hilt had the shape of a wolf whose muzzle engorged the keen-edged blade as it returned the full-moon's shine with an unatural glint, but seemed to give light of its own as well. It then noticed intricate patterns and embroiderings glowing on the blade, patterns the garou knew were visible only under a full moon's light.
"[i:189489ccce]Lupus Mortis[/i:189489ccce]" The garou muttered, awed.
Thorp let his mouth elongate in a half-smile "Suitable last words."
Without warning, and invisible to the naked eye, the kindred raised the ancient weapon over his head with both hands and gave a sudden flip forward. With blood-gifted superhuman speed and strength he rotated several times, a deadly spinning disc that reflected the moon's silvery rays. His feet landed gracefully several meters ahead, creating a small whirl of fog and dirt.
Some meters back, the fully erect figure of the bulking garou stood, lower legs spread open, seemingly frozen. Slowly at first, but then gaining speed, a shiny silver line elongated vertically from a point between the beast-like eyes, growing in both directions, succesfully separating the beast symetrically. The fully lengthened streak shone bright for a full two seconds before the garou's two halves, with a sudden burst of speed, separated in both directions with a moist [i:189489ccce]SCHLOOP[/i:189489ccce] followed with two hollow thuds as each divison landed on the soft ground.

Thorp was sniffing the cold air, searching for any other foes, when it began. What the kindred noticed first was a high pitched hum coming from his sword, what he failed to notice, lacking eyesight, was a blinding light that grew in brilliance until it illuminated the entire setting.
"What the..!?"
The usually accomodating hilt began to vibrate in Thorp's hand, barely at first, but gaining strength speedily until the city Gangrel was fighting to keep his grasp with both hands, growling. It was as if the ancient blade suddenly wanted to abandon its master. The growl became a full scream as the sword's vibration shook the kindred's entire frame...and then he lost the battle, losing grip.
The freed sword floated, point up, a few meters from its owner, still radiating a silvery brilliance that seemed to flood the entire forest. The blade then began glowing an intense red and began shaking violently again as a feral, echoing chuckle filled the air.
Thorp took a step back. Something had gone wrong, very wrong.

Last edited by Graventhorp on Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:33 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Awesome writing! I'm going to have to add you to my reading menu for my daily fixes!! That was a great appetizer, now where's the main course and the desert!? ::waits with bated breath::

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:31 am Reply with quote
User avatarCity GangrelPosts: 52Location: UnknownJoined: Tue May 20, 2003 9:41 pm
((heh, thanks a lot!!
For all of you that don't know Thorp and that blasted sword of his, you can still check out the old forum (don't know for how long though, up to Bats) and read the never finished [url=http://www.vampirerp.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=431]Lupus Mortis in Cascadia[/url] or the unfinished, uncomplete, attempted revival of [url=http://www.vampirerp.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17]Thorp in Cascadia[/url], which actually began in the original forum way back when ::eyes lost in nostalgia::

For those of you who DO remember, i'd still check it out, even I had forgotten lots of stuff in there.
Bats told me that I may be able to get the ORIGINAL TiC, so if you're interested I could post that, could be fun to remember the so-called mammoth thread (sure, it was mammothian before "Whispers...", but look at the number of replies that's just plain rude!!)

I'll continue the tale of Thorp's final fight soon, so be sure to tune in again!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:56 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
((lol @ SCHLOOP, nice one Thorpedo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 155Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:02 am
[b:a8869ed3b7]ooc:[/b:a8869ed3b7] [i:a8869ed3b7]A delightful read, do please keep it on going T :) [/i:a8869ed3b7]

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:42 pm Reply with quote
The inhabitants of the forest could be seen fleeing the area, a sudden fear lodged within their beings. The sky filled with various birds, flying with no direction, and the land dwellers ran side by side, away from the unnatural eerie light, fear visible in their eyes. Even insects left their subterranean homes, crawling or flying as fast as their bodies allowed them.
Something had gone very wrong, indeed.
Lupus Mortis continued its ominous vibration, the blade glowing blood-red and scaling in intensity. Soon numerous lights of various colors began erupting from the blade, surrounding it in faster and faster irregular orbits. A high-pitched sizzle began escalating as the multi-colored lights began traveling to the forest floor underneath the floating weapon, combining and forming a glowing white orb that began growing in size.

The initial shock subsided from Graventhorp to give way to confusion and even fear. His clawed hands began checking his coat, he was sure he carried other weapons other than the blade. No, he had relied purely on Lupus Mortis for too long now, he carried no other means of defense other than his blood-gifts and natural weapons.
"Aw, shit."
The sizzling orb kept growing and began taking shape. In mere seconds the shape became fully recognizable as humanoid, extremities being formed around a bulking torso. The energy began forming thick arms giving way to hands which gave way to fingers which gave way to claws. The clawed fingers of the multi-colored energy-formed shape wrapped around the hilt of Lupus Mortis as a head began to form and powerful legs elongated from the torso and onto the ground. The sounds emitted from the scene hammered Thorp's ears, confusing him, and were soon joined by a great echoing scream of mixed pleasure and pain as the fully formed sizzling-white humanoid opened its arms wide towards the stars overhead and raised its head.
A deafening bang and blinding flash erupted from the blade and the figure, sending the City Gangrel flying back-first against a thick oak tree that cracked and collapsed.
Directly in front, inside of a small, smoking crater stood a fully corporeal fur-covered feral figure, the air around it still wavering with heat. It's mouth was contorted in a fanged sneer as glowing red-eyes began analyzing the scene.
Thorp stood up slowly and cautiosly, his enhanced senses informing him of the new presence and its slow step forward.
"[b:d468069049]Free. Free at long last..[/b:d468069049]"
The voice shook the nearby trees and the air itself. Graventhorp willed his hands to become powerful claws and stepped forward.
"Dunno who or what ye are, but I'm takin' that sword back."
The glowing red eyes focused on the poised figure of the elder.
"[b:d468069049]Ah. Graventhorp. 'Tis a pleasure to finally see thee. 'Tis thy violent nature that finally gave me enough strength to return. I thank thee.[/b:d468069049]" The figure stood over eight feet from the ground, Lupus Mortis shining biright red, still in it's right hand. An inhuman chuckle arouse from the sword's wielder as it gave it a quick rotation, leaving a red fading trail behind. "[b:d468069049]Lupus Mortis, within my grasp once again. We have plans, don't we?[/b:d468069049]"
It took some seconds for Thorp to realize the huge beast was talking to the sword.
The glowing red eyes turned towards the City Gangrel once more.
"[b:d468069049]Thou art strong, surely ye will make a fine acquisition to our power. We shall give thee the honour to enhance our own strength. Be thankful[/b:d468069049]" With that the huge beast leapt forward with astounding speed and swung the ancient blade. Thorp had been ready for anything, but still was too slow to dodge the attack completely. He growled in pain as his left arm fell with a thud, severed at the shoulder.
The City Gangrel clenched his teeth as understanding dawned on him. He could not win this battle.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:11 am Reply with quote
A thunderous laugh seemed to echoe through the forest, making the very trees reverberate.
"[b:39a5763be2]Oh, how we love the smell of thy spilled blood![/b:39a5763be2]"
Thorp's only hand clutched the spot where his arm used to be as he willed the bleeding to stop. With the loss of his arm, the City Gangrel's already pitiful chances had been diminished a great deal. He rose to his feet slowly, trying to concieve a strategy to defeat this inconceivable foe. Time was running out, he could only think of a way to buy himself more time.
"Who the fuck are you?"
It worked.
The gigantic figure's snout-like mouth stretched in a wry smile.
"[b:39a5763be2]We...I am the righteous owner of the blade,[/b:39a5763be2]" it gave Lupus Mortis a nimble swing, the sword's edge leaving again its eerie red trail of energy. "[b:39a5763be2]It was [i:39a5763be2]I[/i:39a5763be2] who suffered the wretched Cappadocians' torture, and I who took the most powerful weapon created as my just trophy and wielded wht mighty sword for the firs time, adding to its own pool of power! I am Ignus the almighty, released at last from The Void![/b:39a5763be2]"
Graventhorp's brain reeled during Ignus' arrogant speech, there seemed no feasible way to manage the situation. The thought of escaping angered him, but he was smart enough to know that if he did not, that would be his last night on earth. The problem was Ignus had proven to be mind-blowingly fast, and there was no way Thorp could be fast enough to flee from the beast. He begun thinking of ways to maybe defeat Ignus, but kept coming up with blanks. The ancient Gangrel was too strong, and seemed to be drawing even more power from the sword.
[i:39a5763be2]The Sword![/i:39a5763be2]
The thought flashed through the City Gangrel's mind and seemed to illuminate the entire situation. There was still hope! Graventhorp was convinced that Ignus would be greatly weakend if he managed to take Lupus Mortis from its clutch. And that would surely tilt the balance his way, for he would also have his most trusted ally in his grasp again.
Thorp's expression turned from uncertainty and fear to concentration as he willed his body to hasten with every trick he knew, he would need all the speed his blood powers could muster.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:48 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
((Go Thorpy! Go Thorpy!!!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:34 am Reply with quote
Graventhorp sniffed the humid, crackling air and coiled every muscle in his body in anticipation. If his timing was off by a millisecond he would not get a second chance to execute his kamikaze-like plan, he would instead die.
He focused all his senses on the towering beast and bared his teeth menacingly.
Ignus' tongue traveled around its bestial lips as the ancient Gangrel seemed to savior a fictional taste.
"[b:5f5019422f]It has been so long since we last fed. Thy vitae-drenched innards will be a feast almost suitable enough to satiate thousands of years of starvation,[/b:5f5019422f]" It raised Lupus Mortis and looked at it affectionately, "[b:5f5019422f]Of course, that will be after the blade has fed with thy very soul.[/b:5f5019422f]"
With that Ignus again leapt forth, sword swinging forward. Thorp was again surprised by the astounding speed, but this time the entire array of speed improving blood-gifts he had at his disposal had been summoned, and he was able not only to dodge the attack, but to grasp with his only hand the claw that was around the hilt of Lupus Mortis as well.
Thorp then expended even more precious vitae, boosting his already impressive strength, and tried to pry the blade out of the feral grasp.
Thorp's strategy had relied on surprising his foe, and Ignus did seem surprised... for a solid half a second. He then reacted by simply lifting his arm, to which Thorp held on tightly, dangling three feet from the ground. The huge beast growled slightly and violently thrashed the sword-wielding limb, trying to dislodge the City Gangrel. Thorp had a hard time holding on with only one hand, and rapidly lost his grip and flew upwards. With a last desperate move Graventhorp cartwheeled in the air and gracefully landed on the beast's shoulders, straddling Ignus' neck. Then, burning what felt like the last remnants of his blood pool, Thorp extended his hand into feral claws and rammed the deadly tines into Ignus' exposed jugular.
The ground shook with the pain and rage-filled roar that erupted from the gargantuan creature. Graventhorp actually felt slight tinges of hope instants before Ignus reached up with its free paw and, grabbing Thorp by the hair, hurled the kindred forward with colossal strength. The City Gangrel flew upside-down and back-first through a thick tree, which snapped like a twig, and kept flying until his body connected with another tree, this time only denting the trunk, splinters exploding outward with a loud burst. Thorp groaned weakly as he slided down the tree trunk, leaving a blood trail, and hit the cushioned forest floor head-first, his body doing a slow, inertial somersault as his feet fell forward. He laid there, facedown, knowing he was completely beaten.

Mere seconds elapsed before he felt a huge paw-like hand wrap around his neck and lift him up, his feet dangling limply under him. Ignus' face was close enough so that Graventhorp felt it's fetid and stale breath as it spoke.
"[b:5f5019422f]Enough foreplay, pup. Thy time is up.[/b:5f5019422f]"
Thorp was not weakend enough for his senses to fail to notice how Ignus aimed Lupus Mortis' bloodthirsty tip towards the City Gangrel's chest as its other clawed hand tightened its grip on Graventhorp's broad neck, drawing a pained groan. With the last of his strength the Elder raised his hand and tried to pull his neck free, knowing all too well it was a futile attempt. Without further hesitation Ignus drove the keen blade into Thorp's chest with a single, powerful thrust.
Graventhorp had heard more than once that a dying man's entire life flashes before his eyes instants prior to his death. But he was not surprised when his long existence did not parade before him. He was, after all, not a man, and he lacked eyes for lives to flash in front of.
What went through the kindred's mind in those instants was not the life that laid in his past, but hatred towards the being that snatched the chance for him to live on.
He sighed painedly as a draining sensation crept from his entire body towards his chest, as his soul was absorbed by his former weapon. And then he slowly resigned himself to his fate, as his body, now deprived of unlife, disintegrated swiftly, ashes being caught by a passing breeze and lifted towards the starry sky.

Ignus screamed in exhilaration and pleasure, it had forgotten that pride that filled the victor after knowing he had been better than his foe, that absolute feeling of supremacy!
The towering beast chuckled echoingly and raised Lupus Mortis' blade to its face, examining it. The exquisite sword was glowing slightly, like it did after taking down a powerful foe and absorbing not a fraction but the entirety of the soul.
"[b:5f5019422f]Yes, drink, dear. Replenish thy power with Graventhorp's very essence! He was a worthy foe, his might will greatly aid us in achieving our just revenge![/b:5f5019422f]"
The blade's glowing began escalating in intensity, its crimson light changing rapidly to a bright yellow. Ignus' smile wavered and then disappeared entirely as the light emitted by the sword began to explode in thin rays along its edge and bright green cracks began to appear on its unbreakable surface.
The ancient beast did not have enough time to react in any way before its entire body was reduced to mere stray molecules as Lupus Mortis exploded in a thunderous ball of light, obliterating hundreds of trees and creating a crater wide enough to fit an entire city block.

Last edited by Graventhorp on Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
((I f*cking loved this line! Great ending Thorpy. What has become of Thorp, and that blasted sword?

[quote:bd31cecedf]Graventhorp had heard more than once that a dying man's entire life flashes before his eyes instants prior to his death. But he was not surprised when his long existence did not parade before him. He was, after all, not a man, and he lacked eyes for lives to flash in front of.
[/quote:bd31cecedf]

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:41 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
I miss Thorp.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
((that final Thorp line really WAS great.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
(( thanks dudes......sniff sniff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:09 am Reply with quote
((Wow....Thorp's been dead for over a year now

seems like a good enough time to bring the ol' fucker back, doesn't it?

MwuahahahahaHAAHAHAAA!))

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
I always did like this storyline, Thorp. :D AND, I always considered it a masterpiece of a posting from you! Of course, I never had the pleasure of any of your other offerings, nor the time to seek them out, truthfully. However, there will come a day when I will have no further excuses and I will, therefore, find every last one of them. I ::drool:: in anticipation of what I will find!! :shock:

BTW, whatever happened to that sword anyway? :shock: :shock: