<  USA  ~  Cascadia Revisited (part 2) Read end of part 1 first lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:50 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 60Location: Norfolk, EnglandJoined: Fri May 09, 2003 3:21 am
After a day of nightmare filled sleep, Gabriel had returned to the site of Sorenti's "tomb" and then set about organizing two night shift teams to excavate through the solid rock, determined to get Sorenti and the other one out. They had begun 3 nights later with small explosives, blasting away at the surface rock and then drilling out the larger pieces to set charges, men shifting the rock with enormous vehicles and by hand with Gabriel working them ragged.

That had been 4 months ago and they were nearing what had been the ceiling of the inner chamber by Gabriel's reckoning. The explosives couldn't be used anymore for fear of damaging those trapped, half the workmen had quit, believing the eccentric boss was a fool for thinking anyone could get out of there alive after all this time. Gabriel had tried telling them that he was after precious artefacts buried, but he hadn't hidden his desparation too well and the men were eager to gossip. Gabriel had many other problems, but now they were nearing success, like all Ventrue he was hungry for it, determined to get there with a passion the workmen could not understand. He had ordered the stop on explosives two nights ago and he was rather late in getting to the site due to a rookie policeman citing him for speeding. He'd made a note of the rookie's name and number to be dealt with later, but had taken the ticket to get rid of him.

As he pulled up to the site, he knew there was something wrong, the men stood about, the machinery idle, Gabriel's blood boiled and his voice raised before he was out of the car. Barking at the foreman, he rushed up, angry for an explanation at the inactivity, then he stopped suddenly. The ground where they had been excavating was blown open, like half a ton of TNT had been detonated right in the centre, he could even see part of the bench where the strange figure had been sat, taking note of the area, Gabriel saw some of the vehicles were damaged and some crushed by rocks of all sizes. He cursed the foreman's stupidity for using explosives only to get a stuttering answer that nobody had used anything, that the men had arrived to find this shortly after dusk. The foreman went on into some theory about teenagers getting hold of their equipment, but Gabriel couldn't hear him anymore, his mind was searching desaparately for any sign of Sorenti or the other one, but as always, there was nothing, not the slightest whisper.

He had the men clear the entire inner chamber area, they found nothing and no trace except one thing. All they discovered was the ripped shirt that had been on the floor of the cave-like chamber, Sorenti's shirt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
The following evening found the Ventrue Gabriel still wrought with grief, although he tried to channel it in more constructive ways than mere weeping. In the white lights of his personal training room, the mushy sloshof his shuffling feet against the blood sweat soaked mats filled the silence. La Magra's brilliant song followed, as Gabriel threw her in wide bloody archs against the hapless imaginary opponents.

Culminations of his fears, hatred, and greatest defeats, these invisible foes were therapeutic to say the least and likely saved a good deal of his staff and business partners from physical harm. Culminated again with the loss of his sire, his retainers had noticed their blonde master was stretched even thinner than usual.

But all that disappeared with practice...the art of swordsplay that had served him so well in Cairo, Iraq, and Greece only months ago. La Magra had been there as well, and had saved his unlife countless times. Now he wielded her masterfully, each movement chosen to minimize weaknesses and vulnerability. His lesser tanto was still strapped to his side, awaiting it's own chance at these spectres, but Gabriel focused soley on the katana, stained with the blood of his Grandsire.

His dance-like movements climaxed with an upper arch that easily would've split a man's jaw in twain, then dropped to one knee and held the sword aloft. However, in his mind's eye, the room was filled with corpses, and thus he was overdue for a break. The swordsman stood slowly, setting the legendary weapon against the wall, it's fine spanish steel shining marvelously.

He spent several moments glancing over his practice book, [i:3db044ba90]The Ways of the Samarui[/i:3db044ba90]. He studied the forms and key movements, hoping to glean whatever wisdom there was within. A sensation drew his attention away from the pages within however. Something familiar.

He glanced up to where La Magra sat, or had sat. Now only empty space stared mockingly back at him. Enraged, Gabriel heaved the book down and ran throughout the gym, searching the hallways futily before returning to the main chamber and snatching his cellphone up from beside his belongings. As always, his security officer was only a button away.

[i:3db044ba90]"Victor! There's an intruder on the grounds! Dispatch the guards find him, and bring him to me!"[/i:3db044ba90] he snapped shut the phone and paced for several moments, furious. Then he spotted something he had overlooked. Where La Magra sat, now only a tiny pebble lay. A bit of granite that he would've recognized anywhere, having stared at nothing but that blasted rock for the past four months.

[i:3db044ba90]"Sorenti..."[/i:3db044ba90] he whispered.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:51 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 60Location: Norfolk, EnglandJoined: Fri May 09, 2003 3:21 am
The wind whistled harshly, but it seemed to be singing to him as he looked up at Gabriel's mansion. The moonlight caught his wry smile as he watched the guards scurrying about with torches and dogs, voices hushed though clearly audible to him. He mentally directed the guards away from him almost without effort and drifted into lost memories, he snapped himself out of it, tightened his grip on La Magra and whispered...

"Not this time my friend, not this time!"

He snarled, then laughed into the wind as he whirled round, up and over the wall in one movement, landing silently the other side. Slowly he dragged the point of the sword along the surface of the sidewalk, carving an elaborate S, before darting across the road and into an alleyway. He didn't need to check nobody had seen him, he could feel it, every living and unliving thing he could simply sense, this power in itself was intoxicating, flowing through him, powering him, driving him, yet controlled by him, he felt reborn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He kept to the back streets, the darkest alleys, the undergrowth where necessary until he came into the slums of Cascadia. The stench and dilapidation smothered him but he ignored it and continued on, passing boarded up buildings, wood smashed in places where squatters liked the site. He smirked occassionally as he heard them talking to themselves or cursing each other as alcohol was spilt or drugs were used up. Finally he saw the building he was heading for, it's once glowing neon sign was now only two letters in dirty red, the rest hanging or missing completely. The initial T and the middle S of [i:d027cb1e9e][b:d027cb1e9e]The Oasis[/b:d027cb1e9e][/i:d027cb1e9e] still sort of glowed, but he didn't care.

The two burly bouncers, both skinhead, looked at him as he approached, the younger moved to stop him entering on account of he wasn't wearing a shirt, which was pretty lame considering the Katana he wielded in his right hand. He brushed past both doormen like they weren't even there, strode determinedly straight through the club, ignoring the both admiring and fearful looks, and headed for the back office. He broke the lock with the end of the sword and burst through the doors, slamming them behind him. He went straight to the filing cabinet and prised the bottom drawer open. Carefully he lifted the long leather jacket out and slipped a bare arm into each sleeve, shaking it down so it flared round his heels.

He glanced at the mirror, Italian hand made boots, the tops enveloped by black Armani leather trousers, naked torso, muscles twitching with pure strength, long blonde hair swept back into a free-flowing ponytail and all framed by a full length, crested black leather jacket. He smiled cruelly, slid La Magra into its custom made sheath inside his jacket, pocketed the rest of the items in the cabinet, flexed his muscles and glided out of the office, back into the club. The two bouncers were being directed by patrons and heading his way, he walked straight at them then said in a warning, yet silky voice,

"Challenge me again and I'll fire you both!"

Leaving them a bit shocked and confused, he exited the club and headed out into the night. The younger bouncer looked to his counterpart,

"What the....? Who the fuck was that Dave?"

The other shook his head in disbelief as realisation dawned on him,

"That mate, was the damn owner of this club, I'll be damned, ain't seen 'im in a few years an' he never even said 'ello. Remember him mate, he pays your wages! Would do us good to never forget it either, Sorenti can be a bastard, but he's fair too if ya play right by him."

Sorenti chuckled to himself as he opened the double garage doors, the left hand one came clean off its rusted hinges. Dave McGuinness was a good chap and he had known him to be loyal when he first employed him just over 7 years ago. He chuckled again, hearing their conversation continue as he edged the black Lotus Carlton out of its hiding place. He paused for a minute, letting the engine breathe life once more before shifting fast and gunning the big car down the dirty road, smoke peeling from his tyres as he aimed at the heart of Cascadia.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:03 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 234Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:11 pm
Kathy had tried to comfort Gabriel, but what could one say to ease the grief and pain that he felt for Sorenti, her soft words and tender touches had not even eased the torment that he was feeling for now all she could do was wait and watch, hoping that he would soon come to terms with the loss.

[i:2acc7c84e1]" Is there anything I can get you....perhaps a drink...I know a brandy, I'm sure it will help you relax, your so uptight Gabriel, what with the months of supervising the men while they dug and now this...a loss that I know you are finding hard to bear"[/i:2acc7c84e1]

As she put the crystal glass down next to him, his hand grasped her wrist, not enough to cause pain but enough to make her be silent.

[i:2acc7c84e1]" Kathy....please"[/i:2acc7c84e1] He let go of her wrist and she looked at him, her face filled with sorrow for the pain and anguish he was feeling. Dark black rings circled his eyes from lack of rest and his face was looked even more gaunt than usual, she knew he had been sleeping, he would lay on a night with her but as soon as she was at rest....he would get up and prowl around the manor. His trusty ghouls had told her that much....not that they felt their loyalty was not to him....but because they thought that she might be able to get through to him.

[i:2acc7c84e1]" I understand, I was only trying..."[/i:2acc7c84e1]

[i:2acc7c84e1]" I know Kay....I know"[/i:2acc7c84e1]

Kathy had left him alone with his thoughts and emotions and had found herself wandering around his haven, wanting to do something, but not sure what. Thus she found herself on the balcony that overlooked his training room with an open book face down in her lap as she watched him practising his swordsplay.

She gazed curiously as he shouted into his phone and then bent over and picked something up off the floor.

[i:2acc7c84e1]" Gabriel?"[/i:2acc7c84e1]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:04 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
((just for general knowledge...in all current possts, gabe once again has TWO arms

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:11 am Reply with quote
User avatarBrujahPosts: 10Location: New OrleansJoined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:53 am
(( as usually i am impressed Its good to see you again Ray...i hope to see more of this and can't wait for the next post :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:19 pm Reply with quote
[i:e244e211d6]"Gabriel?"[/i:e244e211d6]

The second coaxing managed to break through the flurry of thoughts that had besieged his mind. With a bit of willpower, he drew his eyes from the tiny pebble to the upper viewing area that encircled the spacious room, where a slender figure stood glancing nervously over the railing.

Appropriately dressed for every occasion, his beloved Kathy wore velvet sweat pants, and in accordance to the fashion of the time, rolled down the waistband ever so slightly as to expose that tantilizing "V" that rose from the crotch. A baby-T as they were called, clung to her stunningly formed torso, the source of so much envy in Cascadia's female population.

Even the matching Adida sneakers seemed more vibrant and unattainable when worn by her. The only thing not in place was the distinct absence of confidence on her face, instead she wore concern. Even that managed to look dreadfully cute.

[i:e244e211d6]"It's alright Kay...probably just a prowler."[/i:e244e211d6] he said, offering a coaxing hand towards her. From her position so high up, it must've appeared horrifically patronizing. Apparently so, for no sooner had the gesture been presented then did the Toreador siren begin her furious descent down the stairs, her eyes locked on him the entire time.

[i:e244e211d6]"Gabriel, don't you lie to me! I heard you clearly say Sorenti! What is it?"[/i:e244e211d6] she walked across the mats, hopping delicately from one spot to the other, carefully avoiding the pools and spats of blood thereon.

[i:e244e211d6]"Precisely that...I think he may still be in Cascadia."[/i:e244e211d6] Gabriel whispered, in between cautious glances around him. He placed his hands on her shoulders and delivered a quick peck on her cheek before racing past her towards the exit.

At the door he stopped and turned.

[i:e244e211d6]"Well?"[/i:e244e211d6] he said expectingly.

[i:e244e211d6]"Well what?"[/i:e244e211d6]

[i:e244e211d6]"Lets go Kay!"[/i:e244e211d6]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:59 pm Reply with quote
As she slipped into the passenger seat of his silver grey Audi he gunned the engine into action and the tyres span on the gravelled drive.

[i:ded6de4902]" Gabe...I'm not saying you are doing the wrong thing, he is your sire and if he is still alive , well I understand your need to find him, I have but one question...where are you going to start?" [/i:ded6de4902] she spoke softly and calmly as she touched his arm lightly, his eyes locked on the road in front as they pulled out of the drive and headed towards the city.

[i:ded6de4902]" His old haunts, clubs he used to visit, he had many refuges just in case he was fleeing from the dawn...I will find him Kay.....I need to"[/i:ded6de4902]

Kathy leaned back into the seat and nodded, what could she do but accompany him and help him in whatever she could.

[i:ded6de4902]" clubs you said.....wait one minute"[/i:ded6de4902]

Kathy flipped open her cellphone and was soon through to Tobias.

[i:ded6de4902]" Yes I need a list of all known kindred clubs, whether they are frequented by them or owned, it should be on the database and when you get the information fax it through to Gabe....yes the mobile number"[/i:ded6de4902]

[i:ded6de4902]" thankyou Kay...I never would have thought of that.....well at least not at the moment....do you want me to drop you off at your haven...I cant expect you to go with me"[/i:ded6de4902] his voice was disheartened and desolate and she would give anything to see him find Sorenti.

The car peaked the top of the hill that looked down onto the city, its lights sparkling like tiny beacons. Gabriel drew the car to a halt and the engine purred softly as it idled.
kathy leaned over and whispered in his ear, her soft scented breath assailing his nostrils.
[i:ded6de4902]" Where you go I go, we made a pact, no more will we fight and search seperately but side by side, as it should be"[/i:ded6de4902]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Sorenti hit the brakes and pulled up alongside tw0 rather scruffy looking youths, he got out of the car and stood looking at them. One caught his gaze and nudged the other...

[i:757f9f34e0]"Ere, what you lookin' at uh?"[/i:757f9f34e0]

Sorenti smirked at the pathetic display of bravado to look good in front of his peer before replying...

[i:757f9f34e0]"Actually I'm not too sure what I am looking at, but what I am wondering is this......do you want a car?"[/i:757f9f34e0]

The youth's eyes narrowed intently, partly suspicion, partly curiousity...

[i:757f9f34e0]"What that car?"[/i:757f9f34e0] he said, motioning at the Lotus Carlton

[i:757f9f34e0]"No, you frickin idiot, the car leaving from platform 3, of course this car, want it or not?"[/i:757f9f34e0] Sorenti replied

[i:757f9f34e0]"Is it hot?"[/i:757f9f34e0]

[i:757f9f34e0]"Do you care?"[/i:757f9f34e0] Sorenti answered

[i:757f9f34e0]"Well no, not really"[/i:757f9f34e0] the youth retorted, still suspicious

[i:757f9f34e0]"Good, then here, take it!"[/i:757f9f34e0] he threw the keys to the lad who had spoken and walked into the building next to them.

The two lads looked at each other, stunned in disbelief, then they jumped up and ran to the car as if it was a mirage that might disappear if they wait too long. Sorenti smiled as he heard the big engine blast away up the road and exited the building through the back door. He walked for about three blocks until he found the run-down apartment "efficient housing" block.

He pushed open the broken door, replacing it behind him and walked the long corridor. At the end, the innocent looking fire alarm scanned his retina and a slot opened in the far wall, he inserted his hand till it beeped and waited as the wall drew back. Sorenti stepped into the lift and pushed the bottom button, glad there was no corny elevator music for the long ride as the lift descended. Back above, the wall slid back into place perfectly, the slot closed and the retinal scanner resumed its purpose of an innocent fire alarm.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
Smoke slowly rose from the Custom Cigar to fill the cramped underground office. As usuall The Nosferatu were quietly watching the comings and goings of the upper world.

Drain sat looking over the logs of the Cascadia Taxi service. Checking places with interesting happenings in town. Marking some, deleting others he had to prepair before he sent a copy to Gabriels man. The Sewer rat would have left more information in it if it were going straight to Gabriel himself but he didn't trust the flunkies.. they were far to young to be trusted with all the knowledge.

A scurry of small claws on the rock floor brought Drain around. Hand automaticly landing on his 12 in length of steel pipe clipped to his belt.

A non discript rat squeezed himself under the wooden door and raced over to the Ugly creature who picked him up gently and set it on the desk.

This Rat hasn't been seen in the waren in years. and his coming here was a sign of movement at The Oasis. The hole in the wall club known to a richer class of the dregs of society. a place for the upper class to go sluming. Just the sort of place for a Blueblood to hide things from watching eyes.... well most watching eyes. it was probibly know known to any other Kindred in the city that there was a car.. a rather nicly kept up black Lotus Carlton. Black .. that seems to be the color of the Venture very classy and predictible

A slight buring sensention brought Drain out of his reflection. and he quickly put out the cigar. and reached for another. as he stood up, went to the fax machine and sent Gabriel his statement.

The next call was to the taxi company to see if any cabs were in the vicinity of the bar. With Luck shortly Drain would know the location of the mysterious ventrue owned car.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:22 am Reply with quote
Sorenti walked through the veritable maze of tunnels, turning left and then right, here and there without hardly a glance up, it had been quite some time, but he still knew every turn. After a good half hour walk, he stopped and listened, something was different, something had changed. He peered into the gloom, scanning the walls and floor ahead as he edged forwards.

As the blast of fire burst out from the concealed pipe, Sorenti made a yelping noise as his lightning reactions forced his body out of the way just in time. Unfortunately, he wasn't in time to avoid the short burst of machine gun fire from the opposite side, the bullets tore into him as he slipped on the slimy floor of the tunnel. He rolled forwards and crashed right through the door, all sense of direction lost for a few seconds.

[i:679d4b5d7d]"Wow, nice entrance!"[/i:679d4b5d7d] came the smooth voice as Sorenti lay sprawled on the floor.

"You could have warned me" he spat back at her

[i:679d4b5d7d]"Oh you're a big boy, I didn't think you'd be foolish enough to get caught by such standard measures, I mean....honestly! Look at the state of you now! Not very Ventrue-like now is it?"[/i:679d4b5d7d] she replied with a laugh

Sorenti dragged himself up, but only to his knees, he bowed his head as she offered her hand and kissed it gently.

[i:679d4b5d7d]"Oh for pity's sake, get up......please! I know you have much to tell me, or you wouldn't be here and I'm not getting any younger you know!"[/i:679d4b5d7d] she smiled genuinely at him as he rose slowly

"Indeed so, thank you for your hospitality my dear Countess!" Sorenti replied as he regained his composure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quote
((oh wow! welcome back ray!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
((Guess who's back!!!!! woooooo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:13 pm Reply with quote
After the usual pleasantries, a deep conversation that lasted well into the early hours and a fair amount of cognac, Sorenti retired to the guest suite, needing time to collect his thoughts on recent events. He lay down on the rather large four poster bed, he plumped the pillow and lay his head back, closing his eyes.

[i:1b9124c499]"Oh no you don't, no time for sleep now!"[/i:1b9124c499] came the voice in his head

"What? Why?" Sorenti replied sleepily

[i:1b9124c499]"You need to watch and take note of what I'm about to show you, this is very important and will prove of use to you, especially now, you just might need the help!"[/i:1b9124c499] spoke the voice authoritatively

Sorenti sighed and almost jumped as a vision came in front of his eyes, almost as if it was out of a puff of smoke. So clear, so vivid, he could see, hear, smell and taste as if he was actually there, he gripped the duvet to make sure he was still in his room and his eyes widened as the scene got up to speed...

[i:1b9124c499]"Don't worry, you are simply viewing, you can not touch nor be touched, this is already history, so you cannot affect it, nor it you!"[/i:1b9124c499]

[i:1b9124c499]The scene looked familiar somehow, in front of him was a town, in fact more of a smattering of damaged buildings. Wrecked vehicles lay here and there, the old black and silver number plates gave away what he'd already realised. The town ahead was Remagen and as the bombs started to rain down from above, Sorenti judged it to be around 1944. An SS Staff Car passed him on the road, hurtling its way through the debris, as the driver expertly slid the back end through a narrow alley entrance, Sorenti suddenly knew it was November 17th 1944. He ran after the car, rounding the alley just in time to see a German officer sprinting away from the vehicle and up the steps of the Reichsburo, barking at a sentry to get inside fast.

Sorenti felt faint as everything seemed surreal, he had just watched himself driving and running 60 years ago, he had been an Oberleutnant stationed in Hamburg, feeding the British intelligence through the French Resistance. But something had gone wrong, his contact agent, a rather pretty woman had been caught and was to be executed at dawn. He remembered he had driven all the way to Remagen to get her freed, his plan to convince his superiors she could be used as a double agent was not going so well and he had to come here personally. An incendiary bomb that landed quite near him snapped him out of his memories and back to the scene, it felt really eerie to be standing in flames yet unharmed.[/i:1b9124c499]

"So what am I doing here now?" Sorenti asked "I know what happens, I tried and tried but they would not release her, what is the point of this?"

[i:1b9124c499]"Ahhh but you don't know what happens, you left her to her fate because you couldn't break your cover, she even told you to go back to Hamburg as the war effort needed you....blah blah, yes we both know all of that! Watch will you!"[/i:1b9124c499] the voice insisted

[i:1b9124c499]Sorenti turned back to the scene as he moved through the Buro, he heard the raised voices, saw and heard the german coders tapping away as every radio communication was checked and checked again. Then he saw himself coming out of the meeting room at the end of the hall, calmly closing the double doors and striding down the marble hallway. As he passed, Sorenti couldn't help a little chuckle, he saw and knew well the look in his own eyes, could even recall exactly what he had been thinking and how arrogant he was or is or whatever.

He stood and watched himself leave, heard the gravel spit from the tires even as the last of the bombs continued to fall. Sorenti was just starting to wonder what he was supposed to be doing when the same double doors opened again and four guards appeared, dragging a half-clad woman down the hallway, leaving a trail of dirt and blood on the dusty floor. They threw her into the back of a truck, two guards got in the back with her and two got in front, then the truck pulled away towards the main road. Sorenti began to ran after it, but then found he could float and keep up easily.

The truck sped along, following the course of the river, past Linz which he recognised from a bar he used to frequent , and on into the small town of Bad Honnigen. Here the truck slowed and eventually pulled up in front of very bare grey stone building with bars on the windows. The guards jumped out and dragged their prisoner into the building, they passed her over into the custody of the soldiers inside and abruptly left, returning to Remagen no doubt.

Sorenti entered the building, noting the instant depressing atmosphere that was indubitably a prison. He followed the new guards down steps and through corridors until finally they halted, unlocked a cell and threw the woman vaguely in the direction of the iron bed frame, the only occupant of the cell, aside from a dead rat. They slammed the door and walked away, damn german efficiency Sorenti thought with a smirk. Not really knowing what to do, he paced up and down, looking at the occupants of other cells, trying to figure what the building had been before its present use. He was just coming to the conclusion that it had been a Bibliothek or similar, perhaps an Exilarchiv when the whole building shuddered.

He ran back upstairs and out, just in time to see the unforgettable sight of formation Lancasters and Lockheed Hudson's dropping their payload from above. He recalled vaguely an armament factory somewhere near here and figured that was their target just as the huge doombringers started crashing around him. The sound was deafening, the flashes blinding, dust everywhere, even though he didn't need to breath it was choking. The barrage seemed to last forever as again and again the world appeared to get flipped upside down and back again. Eventually, the shockwaves lessened and just the thack thack of the anti-aircraft flak 80mm guns remained.

Not even sure where he was anymore, everything looked different, the ground stretched out in front of him, piles of rubble like huge anthills rose up out of the debris. He turned slowly right round in a circle, looking for the prison building until finally he realised he was still looking at it to start with. It had been completely levelled, along with almost every structure around him. Just for a second, he watched the dust cloud swirl and twist in the breeze until he realised he was actually looking at the canopy of the four poster bed again[/i:1b9124c499]

"Errr...." he stammered "that was an err....experience"

[i:1b9124c499]"That wasn't the point of it"[/i:1b9124c499] the voice answered [i:1b9124c499]"The point of it was those who were buried"[/i:1b9124c499]

"Yes, but that was about 60 years ago, none of them in there could have survived, even if they did, they wouldn't still be alive now" Sorenti concluded

[i:1b9124c499]"Ahhh but there is one, just one, still in torpor even as we speak! You need to find her, she could be an asset, she is of our bloodline, though I know not whether she knows it at all."[/i:1b9124c499]

"So you want me to go digging then huh?" Sorenti retorted

[i:1b9124c499]"Precisely!"[/i:1b9124c499] the voice hissed at him [i:1b9124c499]"She could be of use to us! Go at once, we must leave at sundown!"[/i:1b9124c499]

Sorenti sighed and sat up on the bed, he plugged his cell phone into the magic little box that prevented a trace signal and dialled the airport.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
a Crumpled old nosferatu watched as the Gray Audi pulled up to the stoplight. "Time to play deliveryboy" he mumbled as he walked out of the shadows and Tapped on the passenger side window.

"Roll the window down ......Son." Growled the Vampire while looking over his shoulder to make sure for the 15th time that no one was around.
" Drain has information for you."

with an electric hum the window came down 2 inches and stopped.

Kathy was discusted both by the sight and the stench standing next to her window, and was even more discusted when the envelope landed in her lap.

She looked down at the envelope.. and at the filth on it.
"YOU SEWER SMELLING RAT " she shouted while reaching for the handle.

Gabe flipped the childproof switch on the console and locked her side of the car. "QUIET" he yelled.

"What does he have for me." Gabe asked while reaching over to retrive the letter.

"in there is the usuall information.." said the Nos while leering down at Kathy. "I had good taste in women once too you know.... , But lets not let us get off toppic. someone has gone to a known bar..called The oasis. only 2 beings knew of this place..one of mine.. and one of yours.

behind this bar was a black Lotus Carlton you may want to find that too. its usually kept there. the plate numbers are on the top corner of the envelope." Said the Nosferatu.

Gabe punched the button to put up the window and sped off at the change of the light. leaving the Vampire standing on the curb.