<  Character Bio's  ~  Hermonie d'Arc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:02 pm Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 90Location: san francisco, caJoined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:18 pm
her background will be in several installments because it is an 8 page document.

so, without further ado. here it is.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 90Location: san francisco, caJoined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:18 pm
It was 31.October.1890 at 21:53. Two daughters were born unto Jacque and Madeline du Valier. Unto them they were borne the twins named Jacqueline and Madeline (to carry on the family female name).
For their entire childhood in a house in Lyon, they were the closest of sisters. They would always know when and where the other was. Their psychic link was so great that they would always know exactly what the other was doing. They were inseparable. They would often dream of traveling and living together in Paris.
One day that changed their lives forever threatened to make that dream a horrible memory. Madeline was walking through the fields nearby her family’s somewhat modest maison when she came upon two men with another bound and gagged on his knees in the field. The man farthest from Madeline pulled out a gun and shot the man in the head. She instinctively ducked down in the high grass
“My God!”, Jacqueline gasped as she was helping her mother with the dishes. She dropped the plate she was drying. Her mother turned around and saw her daughter standing there, catatonic. She went over to her and put a hand on either shoulder.
“What is it, mon petit chou?”, her mother asked.
“Death.”, muttered Jacqueline.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:04 pm Reply with quote
It was the only word she could mutter. Her mother ran outside and began looking for Madeline. She looked all over the yard to no avail. She fell to her knees and started crying.
Jacquline walked out the open door and past her mother. She still had the same dim look on her face. She walked all the way until they found Madeline. She was heaped over the dead body, playing with it. She had started to pull out the man’s brain through the hole in the man's head.
“Madeline, you will come home now!”, her mother had shouted.
She could not believe what her daughter was doing. Once they got home. She sat Madeline in front of her father.
“Jacque, something needs to be done about your daughter. She was playing with a corpse.”, her mother shouted angrily.
“Mon chere, do not worry. I think she has finally found her passion. Perhaps some day she will aspire to be a great nurse.”, he told his wife and put an hand on her arm. She nodded.
“Now Madeline. Go to bed, and take Jacqueline with you.”, her father told her calmly.
Madeline nodded and grabbed the nearest lamp. She took Jacqueline’s hand and smiled at her knowingly. They both trailed to bed quietly.
After that day, their mother regarded Madeline rather cautiously. They continued to live their lives in such innocence. Jacqueline always eavesdropping and reporting what she heard to Madeline. And Madeline would always seek out the corpses of dead animals to study. That was at age 5.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:05 pm Reply with quote
This went on for 10 years until the sisters decided to move out on their own to the big city of Paris. It was 1905, turn of the century, the pinnacle of gay Paris. They would spend their evenings in Absinthe bars and the theatre. They would wine and dine with men, who ever would pay for them. Jacqueline kept her eavesdropping, coming upon all sorts of interesting tidbits of information. Madeline would always come upon human corpse. She would secretly drag them back to their little apartment that they could afford off their parent’s allowance. Over time Jacqueline got used to having corpse around constantly. Madeline got used to the multitudinous journals that her sister kept, full of juicy bits of information.
Then the fateful night came. It was 1908, and Madeline had met this enchanting man who was a rumrunner from Haiti. She became enamored with this man. He would tell her of his studies of death, and the dead. Madeline’s head would swirl with these tales. She would tell Jacqueline of these tales. Jacqueline would look at her funny.
However, on the night of their twentieth birthday Madeline went up to her sister.
“Dearest sister, I’m moving with my man to Haiti. I long to see the world that he has told me about.”, she said

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:06 pm Reply with quote
“No, I do not think that this is a wise idea. There is something about this man that I do not trust. I think that you will land yourself in more trouble then you are capable of handling.” Jacqueline tells her.
“I have the same feeling about you. That you’re going to find a man that you will become similarly enamored with and it will be your undoing. But don’t you understand. Sometimes we have to go with our hearts.”, Madeline said as she held her sisters hands in hers.
Jacqueline just simply nodded and said, “Then I guess this is the last evening that we will ever spend with each other.”
That evening they went out to a fine restaurant and ate the best meal possible. By the time it was the next evening they were giving each other tearful goodbyes.
Later that evening when Jacqueline went out by herself for the first time. She sat alone in the Absinthe bar, tears running down her face. A rather plain looking man sat next to her, and hand her a handkerchief.
“What is the matter my dear?”, he asks.
“Oh, ‘tis nothing.”, she replies choking back her tears.
“Let us get a booth. We can talk more privately there.”, he says putting his arm around her small waist. He leads her to a quiet dark corner. He grabs a waiter by the arm and holds up two fingers.
The waiter nods and he sees that she is seated before he seats himself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:08 am Reply with quote
Now, my dear, I think I know what’s bothering you.”, he starts, “You’re sister left this evening with a dark mysterious man. You are twins and have never been separated. You are 20 years of age.”
Jacqueline’s draw drops. She looks at him in awe.
“How… how did you learn all of that?”, she asks quietly.
“I am quite adept in the task of information gathering. Something I noticed that you enjoy as well.”, he says, “But I would like to extend an invitation to you. I would like you to be under my tutelage in the art of information gathering.”
“What’s the catch?”, she asks.
“Catch? There is no catch. I happen to think that you have great promise.”, he tells her.
“Well, I must admit your offer is tempting. However, if I’m to accept, I must know your name first.”, she tells him.
“But of course. My name is Vincent d’Insanata, and your name is Jacqueline du Valier.”, he says.
Jacqueline simply nods.
“Then lets get started on my studies.”, she says.

The next evening they began. She studied with him for 2 years before he approached her one evening.
“Lets go somewhere more… private.”, he asks her.
She nods and follows behind him. He leads her down to the city of the dead underneath Paris.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:09 am Reply with quote
“My sister would have loved it.”, she sighs.
Vincent lowers his head. He takes her hand in his.
“Jacqueline, there is something that I must tell you. We’ve been together for two years. I think it’s important that you know. I have developed certain feelings for you. Ones that I thought were dead for centuries. But I must admit that I love you. And That I offer you the opportunity to be with me for eternity.”, he says quietly.
“I thought that I was alone in those feelings. I love you too dearest Vincent.”, she says with a big smile, “And I do accept.”
“Do you understand what exactly you are accepting? Do you even know what I am asking?”, he asks venomously.
“Whatever it is, I want it. I want to be with you.” , she says hugging him.
He sighs and drops his mask showing himself as the hideous monster he is.
She jumps back and then moves closer to him.
He smiles broadly and takes her in his arms.
“This is what I offer you, the curse eternal.”, he says as he plunges his fangs into her neck.
She gasps and begins to black out.

When she awakens again she is lying, incapable of movement on the floor of a dank room. She could hear the tiny voices of rats as they came up to her. They would skitter over her naked body. One walked by her hand, and she rapidly grabbed it. She put him up to his mouth and drank its lifeblood. She got onto her knees and grabbed another, and another until she felt like she was alive again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:10 am Reply with quote
She stood up and saw a dressing mirror. She looked at herself in the mirror. She resembled the desiccated corpses that her sister held so dear. She screamed. Vincent’s eyes closed as he heard his love’s scream of terror at what she had become.

She lived within a Nos brood below the streets of Paris, never having any contact with other vampires except the Nosferatu. However she knew that time passed. Through two world wars she gathered intelligence and aided the allies.
Shortly towards the end of World War 2 she saw a vampire in the city of the dead that she did not know before, but the face looked similar. It looked a lot like hers. She felt as though she was looking in a mirror.
“Madeline?”, she asked.
The other vampire looked at her questioningly.
“No one’s called me by that name in thirty years…”, she said.
Then a look of recognition came upon her face.
“Jacqueline?”, she said.
The Nosferatu nodded. They ran up to each other and hugged. They shared what happened to each other. Madeline shared that she was turned into a Samedi and found it ironic that they were both taken by the most monstrous of clans.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:11 am Reply with quote
“I go by the name Noel d’Arc now. But I think I have a way that we can be together again. I work for the Camarilla as an assassin. Apparently they have great need of my talents. But a pair of twins almost indistinguishable… They might have a use for us both.”, she said.
“Then I shall go be the name Hermonie d’Arc. Then it’ll make the game seamless.”, she said.
That night Hermonie told everything to Vincent and told him that she might have to leave the brood so she can do recon for the ones known as archons and justicars. He took her in his arms.
“Be safe my beloved, remember that your husband is always here.”, he says.
She nods and kisses him.
From that night on she and her sister have been working for the Camarilla. She visits her family, the brood whenever she is no longer needed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:15 pm Reply with quote
My sister and I have an agreement with the Camarilla.
"If her sister is ever needed for a job. Hermonie would go in and scout out the location. Being that she has exceeded in being the type that does not stick out. The type that can infiltrate and not be noticed. She is to guage the timber of a city. She will then report back, every court, to her sister until such time as it becomes possible for her sister to go in and do the job."
Which is somehting that I abide by.