PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:25 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 13Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:21 pm
[b:5461d16c00]Name:[/b:5461d16c00] Sage
[b:5461d16c00]Gender:[/b:5461d16c00] Male
[b:5461d16c00]Clan:[/b:5461d16c00] Gangrel
[b:5461d16c00]Embraced: [/b:5461d16c00]1945
[b:5461d16c00]Haven:[/b:5461d16c00] Deep in Estes Park, Colorado

[b:5461d16c00]Appearance -[/b:5461d16c00]
Sage stands an unassuming 5' 10" and has a thin and trim build. He looks to be in his late teens or early 20's with a baby face complexion. His hair is a short gray blonde that appears to grow cleanly down his neck and under his shirt collar. When his shirt is off, it is apparent that he has a 'ridgeback' appearance with a perfect line of hair growing down the middle of his back. From a distance it might appear that he just has long hair. His eyes are light amber that look as if they are stained glass with the sun shining through from his soul. He is seen most often in jeans, t-shirt, and brown leather jacket riding on an old and very dirty Indian Hog that looks as if it has been constructed from several other old bikes.

[b:5461d16c00]History -[/b:5461d16c00]

Sages’ history, and his memories, began the moment he opened his eyes the night following his embrace in 1945 outside Boston. Traditionally it was common for newly embraced Gangrel to be abandoned after embrace to find their own way in the unlife, but because his sires embrace left him nothing of his mortal life, he was given a special gift, a teacher. For the next several years, his sire, Houston Strathearn, taught him the ways of his new existence while also attempting to make Sage understand that there was an importance to Sages understanding that he at one time was a mortal. Sage, having no memory of anything but what he was, did not care nor want to know about it. Whatever lived in his past died there and made no difference to him now. Memories of a mortal life might only give way to distraction, confusion, or even regret. To him he was not dead or cursed for he knew not what it was to be alive. Why would he want that? He was Kindred of the Gangrel clan and loved it.

Ten years or so had passed like days and Sage had learned more then any other of his age. It was during this year of 1955 that he suddenly found himself alone. Houston was gone and Sage knew it was time for him to make his own way. Two days later he purchased what he would lovingly refer to as "Darla", a 1952 Indian Chief, and headed off to explore the world.

Several years were spent in Canada with a band of Romany who took him in as brother after a hunter nearly ended his short-lived existence. Traveling with the Romany Kumpania was something Sage greatly enjoyed. He learned many new tricks of the Gypsy ways that would become handy to him in the future. He had also heard many paramitsha, or ghost stories that talked of the history of his kind with the Romany and why he was considered brother. He had also learned a great deal more of the Lupine then he had originally learned from his sire. It was becoming clear to Sage that the love he had felt for his sire was not purely blood . . . it was the offer of learning new things. His love for the Romany was not based on friendship alone, but the ability to learn from them. He was hooked and he wanted more, more then the Romany could give him, but where else could he continue his new addiction? Where was he to find someone who could offer an endless supply of knowledge?

It was 1975 when Sage first set eyes on the Colorado Rockies and the city built at it's feet. It was also here that he met a virtual library of Kindred and mortal information by the name of Vanstak, a Nosferatu. At first Vanstak had little patience for Sage and his questions. He had no intention of becoming a mentor to a young baby faced defective Gangrel until it became clear that Sage, in his lust for knowledge, was willing to work for his lessons.

At first, just as a messenger, Sage quickly became known in the Kindred community as a well liked, trusted, and hard working Camarilla pawn. Sage didn't actually care what side he was working for as long as he was satisfying his addiction, and Vanstak, who was quickly gaining status from Sages hard work was more then happy to keep his word to the young Gangrel who he affectionately called 'Amnesia Boy'. It wasn't until 1995 that things would change for Sage, and it started with a job handed down through Vanstak from the Prince herself. He was asked to stop a local small town gang from expanding their territory into the city. Suddenly Sage found his knowledge coming to use and made quick time of his duty. Not only was the gang forced out of the city . . . but out of existence all together and without a single innocent mortal being any the wiser. This quickly caught the attention of Kindred all over the city, and most importantly the Prince. Sage had something that many neonates lacked; he was smart and knew how to use it. For example, if Sage were to compete in an arm wrestling contest against someone twice his size, he would know his brute strength alone would not suffice. He would have to utilize his knowledge of anatomy, psychology, mathematical leverage and any knowledge he might have of his opponent. He would analyze every slight flinch, hesitation, and breath to tell him when it was time to strike. Of course it also didn't hurt that he knew how to cheat. The lessons from the Romany taught him how to do the most underhanded cheating without even the most suspicious eye ever catching sight of it. No matter the odds, Sage would always have the upper hand. It was because of these abilities that the Prince gave him the new title and job of Mortal Scourge. This new title involved handling anything that had to do with mortals that would either fall beyond the Camarilla controlled law enforcement or threatened the Masquerade. His secondary job as Mortal Scourge was also in assisting and learning the duties of the true Scourge and thus Sage suddenly found himself with two mentors, Vanstak who by order of the Prince was to continue his lessons, and an Assamite named A'shem; the Scourge of the city.

As the years passed to present day, Sage finds himself living a heaven and a hell. His heaven is learning untold knowledge from Vanstak while learning from A'shem how to take that knowledge and sculpt it into something he can use. His hell however has many layers and the weight of it is starting to tip the scales. He has found that he cannot trust his Assamite mentor. His blood had told him this from the beginning, but he pushed on believing the knowledge was worth it. Now, more and more often he finds his life directly placed into danger. A'shem quickly dismisses any wrongdoing by stating it's Sages clumsiness, or that they are tests. The other layer of hell is the politics that he increasingly finds himself involved in. Whispers of power struggles and waterfall blame that seems to always soak only those who had no part in it. Sage himself had been backstabbed and brought before council who questioned his loyalty. His own Primogen has repeatedly forced him into framing and murdering others all in the name of power in the political world. Though he has been able to keep his name and reputation in good standing, his soul is slowly waning. He was no longer free and there would never be any amount of knowledge that could make up for it.

((this is Connie by the way. Just wanted to have another char to play with))

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:03 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Is Connie short for Constance?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:22 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 234Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:11 pm
does sage want a playmate ? I have Erin :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:31 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 13Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:21 pm
Sage would love a playmate! Feel free to join in on the [url=http://www.vampirerp.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=557][i:4471dced14] "Path of Eternity"[/i:4471dced14][/url] thread in the USA IC topic. I am pretty sure Poe is joining in as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGargoylePosts: 14Location: IrelandJoined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:53 pm
Connie isn't short for anything. It's actually a nickname. His true name is Trawsmar, named after his place of creation. He got the name Connie from Rhiannon when she was about 6 years old. Why Connie? Well, at 6 years old, you have a tendency to name everything to suit you, and she liked that name better then Trawsmar. I think also because he is a rather menacing looking beast and his personality is so gentle.

I should really post Connie's bio - It would give a bit of insight into Rhiannon's past as well, but I can't find it and it was so detailed and perfect that I would hate to try and recreate it from memory in fears of leaving something out.

I will see if Rhiannon and I can piece it together.