<  SoC's 3rd Birthday Reunion  ~  Are you a Survivor of Cascadia ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
Ah the good old days!

I remember them fondly....

Porter being thanked for aiding Shade, in capturing an assassin, Porter and Eveshka's tumultuous relationship...made all the more so by Kelly's manipulatings, Porter and Euryon and Sabortooth's lengthy debates on where the Gangrel should lead to, his being made Primogen and recruiting a dozen new packmates....

Tromador's descent into madness was a highlight too, as were the gatherings in Rhiannon's court, Sorenti's and Ivy's romantic warblings....oh and of course Daisy :)

Heady memories indeed.

I also remember, sadly, the BLAZING argument that led to SoC's fracture, the arrival of Master Cyril who we all challenged to combat in game lol!

And I'll never forget the hours spent in the lobby and in game :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:05 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
God, I remember a few times in Eve's penthouse when I was trying to carry on a conversation as Eve out on the Balcony and hadda keep jump back and forth between Maryushka whom Ports was engaging in conversation. It got kinda schizo for me after a while. No wonder I underwent so much psychological trauma.

I honestly don't recall Kelly coming between Porter and Eve. I remember Ivy doing that at one point. What ever happened to her? Kicktoria I mean. She seems to have disappeared again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Not disappeared. Merely incommunicado whilst she tries to come up with another computer, after the first one fried. :shock: I miss her and hope she comes back soon. Lack of the ready can sure be a barrier. *sigh*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
I'm in constant contact with Vicki :) She'll be back asap :) She's itching to get Nix rolling again :D

Her Toreador, Kelly, tried to convince Eve to kill Porter saying that he was a danger etc etc...from what I was told (By Vicki), Eve almost went thru with it :?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I THINK I recall something about that. I think it had to do with Kelly not wanting Porter courting her or something like that. Hmmm, she's a schemer. There was one point when Kelly and Eve were planning to over throw Rhiannon, but we didn't cuz we figured it'd cause too much RL strife. I wonder what woulda happened had we done it.........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:10 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Sabretooth, now there's a name I remember... he figured a full blood transfusion might fix up Trom, wanted to bonk him repeatedly over the head with the ainkurn sword until he was drained, then fill him back up with pure blueblood.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:14 am Reply with quote
Hmmmmmm what else do I remember?

Porter blackmailing Encarmine into spying for him....

Porter fighting Valley over Kelly, then Emmaleigh....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:52 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 234Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:11 pm
he was a bit of a tart wasn't he ? lol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:39 am Reply with quote
User avatarGargoylePosts: 14Location: IrelandJoined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:53 pm
I don't remember too many story lines as I was not on as often. At the time we only had one computer and Rhi needed to be on more often. HOWEVER . . . . the one thing I DO remember well is how everything at one point was all about sex. I always found that interesting considering vampires, even by White Wolf rules, did not have physical sex. Yet no matter where you looked in cascadia, someone was 'doing' someone else. This is not to say that Kindred (depending on the way they are written and played) do not fall in love or desperately need companionship - but human 'sex' should have been considered almost revolting and beneath them. They were all considered as a 'she' - unisex. Yes they could gorge their parts in order to emmulate it . . . but as a rule would get nothing from it. Exstasy for the Kindred is by feeding - and if all these Kindred were feeding on other Kindred, they would have been taking the chance of garnering the 'taste' for Kindred blood and therefore only be able to feed on other Kindred. Yet, this was never played out.

I can see the deal with Eve though . . . she was (is) a snake and used sex very well to further herself in her goals, but I never understood how she was able to seduce SO many into the act of it. Well . . . Dominate I guess, and she is damn hot . . . lmao.

Anyway, that is all I can share about my memories of those days. SEX . . . SEX . . . and um . . . MORE SEX. I think in some ways it caused more RL problems then anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
Well continuing the theme of sex...

Most female cappadocian skins were pretty attractive for a max appearance of 15, conversely there was practically nil female nosferatu skins... (Or I simply never bumped into someone using one)

I guess deep down people see vampires as sexual, predatory creatures, most vampire films have elements of this side by side with the violence, kissing the neck or using powers or blood bonds to seduce or dominate (And lets not forget the moans the game thoughtfully included :wink: )

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:39 pm Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
[quote:9ae597ab6e="Morathi"]Most female cappadocian skins were pretty attractive for a max appearance of 15, conversely there was practically nil female nosferatu skins... (Or I simply never bumped into someone using one)[/quote:9ae597ab6e]

Cappadocians had a max of 25 in Redemption, if that's what you're referring to. But either way, you make a good point. Serena could've been one of the Three Ventrue sisters if her skin wasn't so pale. :roll: :wink:

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGargoylePosts: 14Location: IrelandJoined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:53 pm
Oh, there is no doubt that Vamps, and the idea of them, are sexy as hell. They are romantic, mysterious, dangerous, powerful and in some cases (as you have pointed out) extremely attractive. They are all the things that make rock stars and rich bad boys (and girls) so popular - but with that added deadly immortal appeal.

My point with the other post was, they are all of this without the sex. Matter of fact, most of the time sex ruins these qualities. With vamps, romance and suduction comes to a head when the embrace happens, and in most cases the closest companion to a vamp is their childe or their sire. In some cases two Kindred come together and become companions . . . but usually never out of their own clan. Sex has nothing to do with vampires - since, as I had stated, Kindred are all considered unisex, even 'male' vamps can become companions or romantically involved. Eury and Christian were as close to that as any other male Kindred in those days - yet OOC would have prevented that since niether of the characters were female and at the time it was all about male-female, or female-female sex. The socially accepted sex I guess. An uglier way to put it would simply be roleplay cybering. If I had even suggested the romantic companionship with Eury, I would bet he would have freaked out . . . LMAO.

I hope I am making my point without sounding like an ass. It was just one of those things I wasn't all that crazy about then. That is why I always rolled characters that were incapable of it.

As I read the stories now, there isn't anything close to that kind of thing going on. It's back to being more about the story and the true curse of the Kindred then anything else and I am loving it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Hmmmmmmmmmmm I think Porter was the only male figure to never have a sexual relationshiop of any sort with anyone else in the city.

He had a romance with Batgirl, but that was more "fluttering eyelashes" than "deep-dicking".

In fact...Porter was the only male I can think of that had NO interest in Eve sexually.

If anything he was practically a eunuch, favouring the company of the others over anything physical.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 68Location: New YorkJoined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:54 am
Man ... I'm hearing all these stories about "the good old days" and I was around a while ago, but I feel like SUCH a newbie! I think my first entrance into SoC was in May of 2001. I missed a lot in those first few months :(

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Odd thing was: I was not pretending to be female anymore after about February of 2001 and a year later Eve was just as powerful and popular (whether for good reasons or bad reasons) a character. Players who came in and out of the game just NEEDED her to be played by a female who happened to be a playboy centerfold and a complete bitch. I had come out of the closet well before RiB split off.

I think the thing with sex/vampire was that it gave the player some sort of a rush. But I aree with Connie, it caused more RL problems than it was worth. Pretty much ruined my marriage. I was addicted to seeing how many people I could seduce and never realized at the time that it was a stupid game and was not real life. Connie and I spent hours babbling about what a rotten thing the game could be. Ah well, live and learn.... hopefully.

Offline Profile