<  USA  ~  Dark Hunter (Revised)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:52 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 13Location: FloridaJoined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:23 am
ooc: After reading through it I have decided to make some MAJOR changes. I am in the slow long process of it being type.. Enjoy for now. And let me know which is better.

Dark Hunter (Revised) Written By: BlackDragon AKA Karen

Chapter 1
There was a silence about the room, it was cold and she could hear the whipping noises all around the house. How did I get stuck in here like this again? Not only for the second time but now the third time; what did I do? Why do I keep coming back to this God awful place? Of course she was not stable, for no one in their right mind would be after that night. The screams came next followed by a low hiss; they were at it again and there was nothing she was going to be able to do except sit here in this damn room and freeze to death. Why? Shaking her had softly she rose to her feet; knees shaking with every step she took. She would be damned if she died in here like this. Walking with extra care, softly, and as quiet as she possible could walk she slowly emerged out of the first room. One more room to get through and than she would have the stretch through the forest and than it would be home free to nothing; closing her eyes she sighed softly. No Leda, don’t think like that there is something out there waiting for you. Quickly her eyes shot open as a look of determination crossed her face. Her breathing had pretty stopped as sweat slowly began to drip down her forehead as she moved slowly across the room and closer to the front door. There was another loud scream, murdering, almost a sound for a plea that was crying out for help, maybe the other person was being murdered? It sure sounded like they were; but she almost to the door, almost out of this place. But in that instant was the moment in which that was to late for she forgot to glance down at the floor as her feet tripped over a lamp that had been knocked down; she landed quickly on the floor with a thud. A soft whimper escaped from her lips as her head hit the floor.
Silence filled the whole house as moving feet were heard above. Get up! Run now dammit Leda go! The only thoughts that were running through her head as she jumped up to her feet and bolted for the door. Quickly she ran down the steps and headed straight into the forest. It felt like forever, but it might have only been about a good ten minutes nut to her it felt like a century. Again she was not paying attention to where she was going, though it was pitch black outside so it wasn’t much surprise when her feet stumbled over a branch that was lying on the ground and fell as her head hit a rock and everything just went dark.
He had been watching her movements ever since he had seen her run out of the house he had been walking behind her through the forest. He made his way over to the spot in which he had saw her fall; for he was more than certain she was probably hurt. His long cloak clung to his body as he hovered over the poor helpless woman’s body. He had many questions many things before, all in which where pertaining as to why he was still here walking these parts. But looking down at the woman as he bent down as scooped her up into his arms he understood why he was given the powers in which he had and why he refused to go back to the life he had once lived.
I was getting close to dawn as he made his way out of the forest. The sun was rising; the grass was beginning to show the cover of the morning dew, as a line of fog covered part of the ground still. The house that seemed to lay no more than about a good thirty feet away from the edge of the forest seemed to look extremely old; it was nothing really special but for the last three years it was what he called home. Walking up the few stairs and than taking a couple steps more as he came to stand right in front of the door.; pushing the door open as he took a few more steps in and than closed the door using his foot. Walking over to the couch he gently laid the woman down and than softly pulled a cover over her. Turning quietly on his heel he walked over to a near by chair and sat down to watch her. Lifting up his left hand to the hood of he cloak as he pulled it down; revealing his pale face and his deep dark blue eyes. There were several scars that lined his face but with the lightning in the room it was hard for anyone to make out. The house was indeed dark, no lights, no windows, a couch, a spar chair next to the one in which he was sitting in, a room off to the right which was closed, to the left of the door was a flight of stairs leading up. He sat there and just watched the woman lay there; as hours would have come to pass on by before she quickly jolted up to a sitting position with her chest rising and falling with each breath that she took. She tried to move further than just sitting but her head hurt so much that she knew she was not going to be able to move anymore than this. In a house; but how did I get here? It wasn’t the same house that she was being forced to stay in, it was different and it felt safe. Slowly she turned her head to look at the man sitting across from her; blinking softly as she stared dumb fondly at him.
“You’re safe here I promise you no harm.”
Again she just stared at him for a couple of more minutes; before she tilted her head to the left a little bit.
“I…I… why?”
The man softly smiled as he chuckled softly “Because my child you were hurt and scared. I know of the place that you were running out of and I wanted to offer my help to you.”
“You’re not going to take me back there are you?” She showed a great deal of concern and probably a hint of being afraid. She didn’t want to go back to that place, she didn’t even want to have to think about living if she had to go back there.
He shook his head softly “No, I was not planning on it and I really don’t think you want to go back there either. I don’t have any food but if you’re hungry I suppose I can go get something for you.”
Again she was taken off by surprise by his actions, why does he care so much about me? She bit the bottom of her lip before nodding “Umm I will be alright for now.”
Slowly he got up from his chair and came to stand about seven feet tall; broad shoulders, white hair, pale skin, and deep dark blue eyes. Leda could of sworn that she was in some type of a dream; it felt like a dream, and he looked like a dream. Shaking her head softly as she slid back down on the couched and pulled the covers over her head and closed her eyes; sleep it was all her body really wanted to do. It was all her body really need at this very moment in time and if this was all a dream she never wanted to wake up from it ever again. He remained standing there watching her fall back asleep as smile lingered over his lips for a moment before he pulled the hood of his cloak back over his head and whispered softly “I have to go out for a moment I promise I will be back soon.”
She said nothing for the woman was asleep so he promptly turned on his heel and walked out of the house. Silently he closed the door and turned to head down the stairs to go on with his job as he had come to call it.

Chapter 2
It had looked like nightfall was beginning to fall again but than that is how it always looked in this forest. The Dark Hunter stood there outside the house that was in the center of the woods and once again there was that painful hollowing scream that come from the inside of the house. He was just going to now start something that was bound to happen sooner or later.
“Why don’t you come out and face me!!” His voice thundered out.
Another painful scream was heard as the hollowing came next to follow as it grew even more loudly; the rustling of feet and than a crash of something breaking. The Dark Hunter knew damn well that the thing inside that house had heard him. Oh yes, the creature did hear him; heard him well enough for the bond between the two was there even in its weak state; though if one of them tried hard enough they would be able to pick up on the thoughts that were being channeled through. Scrambling about in the house the creature looked over the dead naked woman’s body before letting out another hollowing scream. Emerging out of the bed room on the top floor he quickly leaped down the flight of stairs; the creature did not walk for it was more of a floating hovering type deal. His movements were quick, sharp, and very precise. The door opened as the stepped out onto the porch. Everything around him a blur, it was always a blur but he could tell damn well what was in front of him. He heard his breathing he could feel the Dark Hunter’s blood running through his veins. Again he gave out another loud hollowing scream and when he spoke it almost seemed like he had to hiss every word to get it out of his very own mouth.
“What do you want?”
The cloaked man, the Dark Hunter as he was referred to by so man other was just standing, sizing the damn thing; for it had been almost about three years since they had last saw each other, since he had finally left this place “Your time has to an end.”
The creature gave out another hollowing scream but it almost seemed though as if maybe it was laughing or making a noise that came close to laughing “So you have come to play God? But have you forgotten who created you?”
The cloak man shrugged softly “I have pretty much destroyed the bond between us. I’ve not come here to play God, but I have come here to put an end to your little games.”
“Why, you were apart of this before.”
“It does not matter anymore, I refuse to sit back and watch you hurt these people.”
The creature said nothing; why would this all of a sudden be an issue now? “So you have found the woman than I take it?”
“I don’t know what you are speaking of, there has been no one in these parts for years have you forgotten you have killed them all after they have sent foot into your house.”
“I see well than there is still hope yet!!”
“Hope for what?”
“That woman has something I want!!!”
”Besides the blood that is coursing through her veins what the hell could you possible want from her?!”
The creature pause as its piercing gaze was staring directly out at the Dark Hunter. Something just did no seem right; yes that was it he had to by lying to him about the woman. He had her or maybe he wants to try and patch things up? But why; why would he help her? What has he been doing all of those three years in which they did not see each other? Again the creature let out another loud hollowing scream.
“She has something other than blood in her.”
The Dark Hunter took another step closer “Stay away from her, stay away from my place and if I see you harm another person I will have your head!”
Again another loud hollowing scream came from the creature “You fool; what make you think that you could possible beat me?!”
“I am warning you Fredrick!!”
Anger shot through the creature as he heard his real name, his human name. He screamed a loud ear drum piercing scream. Turning he dashes out into the forest and was soon gone. The Dark Hunter knew what buttons he had to push to drive the creature insane and he also knew what to do in order to hurt him. As trade of sorts, he could pick up on someone’s weakness and burn them down with it. Oh shit… the girl!! Turning on his heel he quickly started to run back into the forest.
He was half way through the forest when the rain started to pour down. The creature was roaming around somewhere out there now; he could heat the vivid hollows that the creature was making. It was all around as if the creature was everywhere; another night of death would pass for some helpless person but his thoughts however were still on the woman. What could possibly be in her blood that he needs? Than it dawned on him, for the same reason why he was who he was today was the same reason as to why he was doing this, searching for the same type of people that would come into the house and be able to with stand the wrath of that creature. He knew damn well that he was not as powerful enough to go up against the creature, but now he had a hunch that the woman had already been tested. Why didn’t he see it? She didn’t look like she had; she doesn’t look like she had been through anything at all. There were no burses on her, no scars, nothing at all. He shook his head softly knowing he shouldn’t question this, the woman probably should be killed for her own sake.
He reached the end of the forest once again and there he stopped to look upon the house that he had been living in for the past three years now. It almost seemed different, but it was different! For there was a blue aura that was surrounding the outline of every curve that the house had; a confused expression crossed over his face as he picked up his speed and kicked down the front door. Leda quickly jumped off the couch as she let out a soft scream; her eyes searching around the room.
“I…I’m sorry..”
The Dark Hunter tilted his head somewhat as he himself glanced around the room quickly and than looked back at her, he than turned picked the door back up and placed it on the hinge and than turned back around to face her.
“You have nothing to be sorry for you did nothing wrong.”
Leda nodded softly as she tried to calm herself down. Slowly she slid back down onto the couch in a sitting position. She felt safe here and the man that brought her here looked safe, so it had to be alright, maybe she was going to be alright after all. Her visions began getting fuzzy as she felt the room start to spin; she bit her bottom lip softly as she closed her eyes and laid her head down on the arm chair slightly.
“What’s wrong?” He asked with his voice filled with concern and worry.
“I.. I think I’m just tired still; everything is spinning.”
He nodded somewhat at that “Just rest and relax and try not to think about anything you will be safe here in this house.”
Leda sighed softly for she wanted so much to just believe him, to just believe in his words. But she knew herself that she had been given a special power so long ago. He would have to be the one to unleash her true self, to change her into something in which she was not yet willingly to give her life to at the moment. She spoke just barely above a whisper her voice filled with a great amount of worry.
“There have always been people talking about you. Talks about a hunter that roams the forest in search of people who are lost and who seem to help them find their way out of the dark place out there; many have talked about the creature that has haunted these parts for centuries and the one who use to help him but who is no longer alive anymore. I don’t know they seem like stories, but I wish I could believe they were just stories but I know they are not and that these people truly do exists; but why me?”
Her voice trailed off and soon shortly there after she had fallen back asleep. He just stood there staring at her as she slept. He could not bring herself to think about having to embrace her; to be the one that had to change her. Why her? He questioned that himself for she seemed so innocent and so pure of heart. Shaking his head softly as he turned and headed up the stairs thinking it would be best if he tries to get some sleep himself.

Chapter 3
A few hours had come by to pass when the hollowing screams were coming form the creature and as loud as it was it could have woken the dead. Maybe that was his whole intent, to let everyone know that he was out there looking and waiting for them. You see every creature has some type of weakness, something that destroys it’s insides from emotions and the very existences in which it lives. He had two; the ever growing part of his human emotions that were still lingering somewhere deep inside his hollow soul and he was eternally bound to this forest even after death. Whatever the case may or may not be he never left the forest; never left his dwelling. He called upon his prey in their sleep with visions of nightmares, hopes, desire, and lust. He craved everything about them even though he used to be one of them. They seemed to be his key to surveying in this ever changing world. With a gift to bless one mortal for a life of immortality and for that one to pass the gift to another that was solely chosen to carry out this plan; this gift of evil for it might have been. The visions that he did see, the one of his own; the ones that drove him out to seek the man that he help turned into what he was today. It didn’t matter though, it didn’t matter to him or to anyone else that he was stuck here like this until he pissed someone off that was strong enough to kill him.
He moved quickly through the woods, he could smell the Dark Hunter’s tracks, his blood, and his own blood. He let out another loud howl as he quickly drew to a stop just right at the edge of the forest; his gaze burning out towards the house. The cottage that sat no more than thirty feet away from the edge of the forest; he took a step forward and the moment he did a jolt of electricity shot through his body and began to eat away at his skin. Quickly he jumped back and let out another loud piercing hollowing scream.
She was already sitting up as he nearly came stumbling down the stairs as he was still struggling to get his cloak on; his focus was on her for a moment and than quickly to the door.
“It’s alright he can’t leave the forest.” He began walking to the door and was about to open it when he heard her voice.”
“No, please don’t; I don’t want to see him!”
He laughed softly at this for she was still scared of the creature, still afraid of him for whatever reason there was to have a fear for him. “Fear not child; if he frightens you that much go up stairs and hide.”
She shook her head as she slid off the couch and began moving towards the stairs as her eyes were starting to fill with tears “I don’t want this, I want no part of this, or a part of you! You don’t have to be such a cold hearted bastard just because I am frightened!!”
He was already was already standing right by her, his anger burning rough in his eyes, it showed and he knew it showed juts by the look on her face. He grasped her neck tightly with his left hand “If I was such a cold hearted bastard I would have left you out there for him!!”
He let her go with a light shove against the wall as he turned on his heel and once again tore the door from the hinges and stepped outside as the creature let out another hollowing scream.
“You want me than come and get me!!” He hissed every word that came out of his mouth; he was filled with pain, pain of desire in which drove his madness in which he thrived on every day. Turning he scampered back into the forest and ran hollowing like the creature he was.
The Dark Hunter stood there he was about to run after him too end this silly game of cat and mouse. The girl; what about the girl? She knew her part that she would have to play in this and he didn’t really have to explain anything to her. He turned back around and picked the door back up and once again placed it on the hinges. Turning back around he went over to the stairs and the sight of the woman nearly tore him up inside. She was curled up in a small ball, sobbing, her arms were wrapped around her knees as she held them close to her chest; taking a couple more steps as he knelt down beside her.
“I’m sorry; sorry that I hurt you for it was never really my intent to. If you don’t want to do this that I understand and if you want I will take you home.”
Slowly she uncurled herself and wrapped her arms around his neck as she hugged him tightly; but the tears were still falling as she spoke “I have nothing to go home to and I know my place is here by your side.”
Slowly his own arms wrapped around her delicate body as he held her tightly to him “I promise no one will harm you.”
With that he slowly helped her up to her feet and they both walked up the stairs. They both knew that they were just prolonging something that was bound to happen sooner or later. But another night away from the chaos of this world would not hurt, would it?

Chapter 4
She awoke the next morning after having a dreamless sleep, it was as if she was untouched by the creature’s dreams and couldn’t understand exactly why. Shrugging softly as she gazed over at his face and he almost seems like dream for he didn’t even look as if he was alive, the thought of that gave her chills. She wanted nothing more than to get up at this moment in time to just move around to let her mind wander over all the thoughts that were running wildly through her head. Slowly and carefully she lifted herself up out of the coffin making sure that she did not touch him. She held her breath until she was finally standing beside it, a grin tugged over her lips at her triumph she carefully exhaled and tip toed over to the stairs.
Slowly she began making her way down each step making sure to be quiet with each movement that she had to make. Than all of a sudden out of the middle of no where it hit her; the feelings of lust and desire that the creature had for her just hit her all at once. It was just so overwhelming for her own body to handle; her knees where trembling terribly as she forced herself to sit down on the middle step. Her body began sweating as her eyes rolled into the back of her head as she whispered hoarsely
“..Help..’
It was all that it took for him to be standing up beside the coffin; the moment that he than realized that she had gotten out and he didn’t even realize it. How? Where? Dammit go!! He stepped around the door as he came to stand at the top of the stairs with his gaze falling down upon her quickly. He could feel everything about her, every emotion that was coming off of her. Slowly he stepped down the stairs as he himself was fighting off his own urges for her; scooping her up in his arms he turned and walked back up the stairs and into his room. Gentle he laid her back down into the coffin and offered her a gentle smile as he spoke.
“I tell you what you tell me how you made it out of the coffin and down those stairs without me even knowing than I will go ahead and help you take care of that problem of yours.”
Her problem? How exactly did he think he could help her? But she only nodded softly as she found the words coming right out of her mouth. “I..I knew a long time ago that I had special powers; it was said that even what I was very little that I was very special and that I would have to be watched at all times. So within time I tried learning new things on my own but it always resulted in me getting hurt.” She laughed a little recalling the times. “ So for a brief couple of months I stopped and pretended I didn’t know anything about it, maybe thinking people would think differently about me than. They never did, so what was the point of hiding it, maybe I could use it for a good cause one day. So, I started practicing little things until I got them down perfectly and than would move on to the next one.”
Her voice trialed off as her eyes fluttered close, he nodded at this and still kept the smile tugging over his lips as he spoke “My real name is Andy but like everyone else you probably know me as the Dark Hunter. I prefer Dark Hunter seeing is how my human self died when I became this.”
His smile than faded from his lips as she opened her eyes to gaze at him; it was when she realized the torment and the pain he might have been feeling for it was lingering in his eyes “I promise you I would not harm you and I mean that. So in doing that I’m going to tell you everything that is important for you to know about me so you don’t find out anything out on your own. You spoke of a man that used to help the creature; that man was me. After only a year of serving him I realized my mistake and took refuge to hide in my shame for my mistakes.”
He paused; maybe to let her take all that in or to give himself a moment before he told her the rest.
“Again like I said I promise you I will not let anything bad happen to you; for I don’t know if you will even like the change that will happen to you if you truly want me to help you rid the creature’s feelings from your body. But the choice is fully yours and if you desire not to do this than I will respect your wishes. However once I’ve embraced you; you will no longer be able to feel the bond between you and the creature.”
She blinked at him as she just laid there; she was still unsure of what to do or even say for that matter. All that she knew was that at this very moment her heart was pounding and she knew for a fact it was because of him. Finally after a few minutes of just staring at him she nodded her head softly as she than slowly eased herself out of the coffin and stood next to him. She came to stand at about five feet and six inches, blue eyes, purple hair, and she pretty thin for her age. He smiled down at her and nodded “I just want to ask you something thought that has sort of been bothering me. Exactly how old are you?”
She couldn’t help but grin as a soft laugh escaped from her lips “You tell me and that I will tell you.”
He chuckled softly and grinned as well “In human years I honestly don’t care anymore I have been immortal for about a good century now.”
She nodded softly “I’m about twenty years old now.”