<  USA  ~  "True Friends..."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:48 am Reply with quote
User avatarSirenPosts: 25Location: Washington State, USAJoined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:06 am
Finn's eyes blazed up at Aria as he slowly regained his feet. His jaw worked as if he had a lot to say to her but an indrawn hiss of breath caught their attention. Aria glanced up and across Finn's shoulder while the Gangrel swiveled his head around, much like a bird does. Aria found that fascinating.

Kahn was standing just inside her dressingroom door, his hands cupped protectively around something in them. A look of misery was etched in his countenance and he looked to the bristling corbie for help. His hands trembled and dipped, showing the limp, panting form of Krisjo as he lay there, eyelids closed. David's brother was promptly forgotten as Namaria surged forward, brushing the angry male out of her way. Finn stumbled back then righted himself before stepping forward, intent on grabbing her by the shoulders and making her listen to him.

But before his hands could secure a grasp on her, a soothing croon issued from the Siren's lips and permeated the room. An urge to sleep had Finn swaying in place and struggling to keep his eyes open. Straining to looking past the luminous golden skin under his gaze to see what she would do next, he watched her scoop the flacid mouse's body in to her own elegant hold, cradling it gently. She brought the pointed ears close to her full lips and delicately breathed musical endearments into them. The little rodent's whiskers twitched momentarily and his breathing evened out. Several seconds later, he heaved an enormous sigh before curling up in a sleeping ball in Kalidasa's cupped fingers.

She brought her arms up to her chest and cuddled him as she rocked the little body for several more minutes, like a mother with a slumbering infant, switching to a lullaby. No one in the vicinty of her voice thought to move or say anything. The motion eventually came to a gradual stop and she leaned over and kissed Krisjo's nose again, before slipping him gently back into Kahn's palms. The mouse never stirred. She gifted Krisjo's friend with a pure smile of joy into his suddenly bedazzled eyes.

[i:dfd756e65a]"He'll sleep for quite a while and then wake without any aches or pain. I think it would be a good idea to find a nice quiet place for him to rest."[/i:dfd756e65a] Kahn slowly shook his head up and down in agreement, his gaze never leaving Kalidasa's face. [i:dfd756e65a]"What do you think.....Kahn, wasn't it? Your place or mine?"[/i:dfd756e65a] Finn's best friend barely managed to get his brain started working again, before they were interrupted by a growl from behind the singer.

Aria swung around to face the Gangrel. Her song had soothed him somewhat but the fact that his brother still remained in her herd was enough to bring the anger boiling up to the surface of his thoughts, despite the song. She was going to have to ram the point home to him, that anything he did would cause his sibling nothing but more sorrow. But he beat her to the punch.

[i:dfd756e65a]"Listen, Swan Duchess,"[/i:dfd756e65a] Aria's eyes kindled up with beginning fire and Finn's lit up with the knowledge that he could bait her at any time, [i:dfd756e65a]"Maybe I can't do anything but, so help me, [b:dfd756e65a]you[/b:dfd756e65a] do anything that hurts David; you abandon him at any point or throw him to any wolves and I'll come down on your back. And you won't even get a chance to see me coming."[/i:dfd756e65a] His eyes had gone cold and lifeless, as only the kindred are able to.

Namaria stared at him; no shock, no fear showing. Then she acknowledged his promise with a single nod of her head. Finn glanced over her shoulder at his friend but Kahn shrugged his shoulders and didn't add anything more to the conversation. His eyes drifted back to the glorious figure next to him and took on a bit of a glazed aspect. Finn growled again, low.

Namaria took a hold of the Ravnos arm and prepared to nudge him out of the room, then she looked around at the shambles of her dressingroom and made a moue' of distate. [i:dfd756e65a]"When David resurfaces, John, tell him to make sure he gets this mess cleaned up, before I return. I would be sorely displeased to have to request a new one. This space is quite convenient for me."[/i:dfd756e65a] She dared the quivering Gangrel to say something with her look, then turned back to Kahn and started asking questions about the "poor little beastie" before leading them both from the room.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCity GangrelPosts: 52Location: UnknownJoined: Tue May 20, 2003 9:41 pm
Wow does this bring back memories... I've been reading this for hours now.

Damn.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
THORP!!!!!!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
lol you know i had a 'plan' for this storyline. I really wanted it to go somewhere.... can't remember what it is now though... i think it fell of the tracks a bit. oh these were the days!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
((wow guys...i was just reading over this thread to get some background on Tyler. haven't used the character in awhile so needed to make sure i remembered the finer details.

this thread was REALLY good! shame we didn't finish it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
((I know! TBH I think Finn was my best character in terms of my writing style during his run! I've re-read some of my work under him and even now I'm pretty stunned by how 'good' it was....shame I lost it after that.....

That said....I think Big Red needs an engine overhaul ;)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
((man...i feel the EXACT same way. in terms of Tyler this was probably the best I ever wrote with him. He really came off as a callous bastard!

One of the things in writing I struggle with is making characters 3 dimensional. I tend to skip over their motivations and fears, but in this thread I feel like I really did a nice job fleshing Tyler out! Really was fun to re-read. :)

I would suggest going back to finish it, but I can't even remember what I had in mind for Tyler's comabative crush. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote
((All I remember was that Finn was working with Nix, but for his own reasons and that eventually I was guiding him towards joining Tyler's merry band. That said, Finn kinda did what he liked, he was definitely the most 'alive' of all my characters in whichever game I was playing/forum I was writing on. I can still visualise the little quill headed bastard's grin :D

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
I LOVE this thread!
I've had a read of Time for a Change too.
I now have thoughts about getting Nix out of the store cupboard to finish this. If only I had time :?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
No kidding...this was the closest I ever came to really writing a halfway decent Ventrue.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Good times....))

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCity GangrelPosts: 52Location: UnknownJoined: Tue May 20, 2003 9:41 pm
THIS THREAD WAS GOOD AND OVER A DECADE OLD I WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS