<  Chit-Chat  ~  Raising an Infant...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:27 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
...is pretty much the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

Please do not misunderstand. I don't mean in the longrun. Still quite excited to have a daughter blah blah blah unconditional love yada yada yada. But so far as raising a colicky, shrieking child who demands your attention virtually 24/7? Yeah that sucks. We're at our wits end. We both regret it. We both want our old lives back.

The only good thing about it is that you CAN'T go back. You just have to persevere and it gets better. So they say. Because if we could go back, we would.

Sorry for such a negative rant, but this is the only place I have that I can be so blunt. Everywhere else I pretty much have to say "Oh she's getting better but she's still a handful HAR HAR." Otherwise people think I'm a sociopath.

Written at 1:20AM after 3 FUCKING HOURS OF SCREAMING.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Somebody call a WAAAAAAAAAAmbulance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
For?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 am Reply with quote
For my whiny post!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
For years our youngest had night terrors.so either me or Misty would have to lay blankets on the floor of the livingroom . Basicly turning it into a padded room for him to sleep in with him. He would scream all night, roll around from one end of the room to the other, kick us claw us. Ooh what a nice time.

He had them again last month for a few nights...I love sleeping on the floor. If any parent could go back they would.

I could tell you it gets better. But it doesn't. It only changes, and you learn to deal with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
As you probably know by now... it gets better :)
Eventually!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Haha!

Yes I'm quite aware now. I've pulled out the throes of doom that I was in during those first three months. They. Were. ROUGH.

Now she is quite cute and adorable. Smiley. Happy. Laughing. Giggly.

She still doesn't sleep at all, but that's okay. We're getting there. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
Yeah the first few months are rough. You realise that you have to put the child first and it's a bit of a shock.
Jacob didn't sleep either, unless it was with us (although I suspect that's more to do with the instant access to food...) but again, it gets better and when she starts crawling and walking and talking you realise it's all worth it :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Leily just wakes up a hundred times a night and never quite settles into a routine or discernable pattern. Some weeks it appears she's waking up less only for the frequency to increase the following week.

I dunno. The overall experience is much better, with her constantly happy instead of constantly angry, but the wife and I are ready for a good nights sleep. Haha!