<  Chit-Chat  ~  Hot summer nights...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Well I know its not quite summer but I got one hell of a surprise today when D walked in with tickets for two weeks in Gambia!!! We 3 weeks on Friday!!!

Im so excited the only downfall is we have to have yellow fever jab and take yucky malaria tablets but hey I'm not complaining too much :):)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Beats where I'm at!! :) Last night, it snowed again! *sigh* :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
you are so lucky.

I'd love to go to Gambia.

We're trying go to Morocco or Tunisia this year. Failing that, Egypt. But I think North Africa is calling me...

Enjoy your trip! (You lucky thing!)

And Lady C - I LOVE snow. We had about 3" the other week and i was over the moon! Then it went.... after about 3 days.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
I adore snow. Just as long as I don't have to drive in it....!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
We picked the tickets up for our hol today!Ive being and got the mosquito repellent and armfuls of suntan cream etc Think all I need now is a pair of flip flops and a good book to read while lazing on the beach, already picked that off to get the new Troy book.

I'm counting the days now, after the last year with our Ami having Josh and everyone deciding to move in with us for short periods at a time, we both deserve and need a break :)

In 11 days I will be sat on our balcony overlooking the sea and listening to whatever is lurking in the bushes lolol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quote
While you're at it, Izzy, pick up a tan for me, would you? I'll think about sunning myself as I'm packing. I could use some sunshine to cheer me up. This moving crap is for the birds! I gets too depressing at times. :(

Enjoy yourself!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Hi!!!

Kotu Beach was excellent! It was a real culture shock though, I never realised it was such a poor country, it used to be a very popular holiday destination but since AID's it has suffered badly....apparently though their president discovered the cure for AID's in a forest in Senegal and promptly dispatched a team of medics to all areas of Gambia and cured AIDs.....I kid you not this is what their government tells them to tell tourists!!!

Our beach was lovely and it was right next to a seawater creek which was full of all sorts of fish and the weirdest looking crabs that lived in the sand. Our beach was like a wildlife park/farm lol we had bush pigs, rats....ewww massive ones rustling around in the bushes behind the bars.....very friendly dogs........cats and wee tiny little kittens and perhaps the most bizarre thing .....vultures.....they would come on a daily basis and rip their food to bits in front of us...ugly critters as well.
It was so hot....when we left it was 102!! Fantastic when you were sat on the sunbeds with the sea breeze but almost unbearable inland.

All in all it was a fantastic holiday although a very lazy one .....we spent the first week doing nothing but sleep, sunbathe and chill out, and by the end of our second week we were thinking about a few tours but by then it was home time but we have vowed to go back again and be a bit more adventourous :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Sad to hear about the poverty, like AIDs it seems to trascend all boundaries. :/

Still, nothing wrong with just relaxing. Most vacations I go on I return exhausted and half dead (Amsterdam being a good example). Most enjoyable vacation I've ever had was a quiet week at a cabin by a lake. Just fished, swam, drank, laughed with friends, enjoyed myself. Good times.

Good to see you back though. Feel free to post pics. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Pics on the way :) if anyone else wants a peek you will have to let me have your addys :)

we are now planning the next hol .....just off to greece I think around about August/September with Liv, Daves daughter, and one of her goth friends...oh the joy of teenagers lolol

Offline Profile