<  Chit-Chat  ~  The SoC Oracle

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:50 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
you mean an emulator like PearPC? or running FreeBSD.... to tell you the truth, dear oracle, I was wondering if you think they'll release an official port of OS/X por PCs ala Boot Camp... I hate booting and partitioning. Hate it.

I do know that Dell has already listed an option to get OS/X in their drivers section, although Engadget calls it hopeful thinking and a mistake... Agh, i hate those show offs that dual boot Windows and OS/X on their Macbooks... especially if they can change between them by freaking tapping their monitor (SmackBook...god that's cool)....I hope their overheated sexy non lap-top laptops MELT....on their thighs! sniff.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:54 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
[quote:f22f0a6ae6="Kahn"]you mean an emulator like PearPC? or running FreeBSD.... to tell you the truth, dear oracle, I was wondering if you think they'll release an official port of OS/X por PCs ala Boot Camp... I hate booting and partitioning. Hate it.

I do know that Dell has already listed an option to get OS/X in their drivers section, although Engadget calls it hopeful thinking and a mistake... Agh, i hate those show offs that dual boot Windows and OS/X on their Macbooks... especially if they can change between them by freaking tapping their monitor (SmackBook...god that's cool)....I hope their overheated sexy non lap-top laptops MELT....on their thighs! sniff.[/quote:f22f0a6ae6]

I imagine you'd probably hate this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE1XQyT_IbA

Three OS on a Mac in real time. Personally I'm ready to flag that video as indecent. Windows on a Mac, it violates every law of common decency!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:08 am Reply with quote
User avatarThe Enlightened OnePosts: 21Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:12 pm
The Oracle entered into further discussion...

[quote:a79d98c665="Kahn"]you mean an emulator like PearPC? or running FreeBSD....[/quote:a79d98c665]

Not an emulator, no. Mac OS/X Natively on a PC. Start [url=http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page]here[/url] and read the docs.

[quote:a79d98c665] to tell you the truth, dear oracle, I was wondering if you think they'll release an official port of OS/X por PCs ala Boot Camp... I hate booting and partitioning. Hate it.[/quote:a79d98c665]

Well, as I say the link above shows a method whereby you can make your computer natively run OS/X - however.

If we think about it, it makes sense for M$ (a software company) to make their software run on a mac, so they can sell more of it. It makes less sense for Apple to make OS/X run on PC, as then they sell less Mac. Having said that, Steve Jobs has some kind of "anti-scrying" technology, so who knows what he is up to.

[quote:a79d98c665]I hope their overheated sexy non lap-top laptops MELT....on their thighs! sniff.[/quote:a79d98c665]

Actually, the latest macs all do have thermal problems. This is due to way to much thermal paste being applied. Full story [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1864582] here[/url].

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
[quote:ad7d4f3e77="The Oracle"]
Actually, the latest macs all do have thermal problems. This is due to way to much thermal paste being applied. Full story [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1864582] here[/url].[/quote:ad7d4f3e77]

LOL, I know, did you see that Apple even put in the owner manual's tht they don't recommend using the macbooks on your lap cause of the heat.... the laptop macbook...not for your lap... goons.

and DAMN, 3 OSs in the same comp running at the same time...PLUS a KICK-ASS 3-D-y way of changing between them? I'm so jealous.

And you're right, Oracle, makes sense for M$, not so much for Apple...but have in mind Boot Camp was released BY Apple as an official, supported way to Boot windows.... maybe it boosts sales, but still.... it's like Coke and Pepsi launching a Pepsi-Coke soda or something. fecking weird.