<  Chit-Chat  ~  Grades!

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Well...another semester has ended and my grades have come in. In another desperate plea for approval and flattery, (and partly to justify my frequent absence) I submit them to you:

IT 103 - A-
Modern Political Theory - A
Public Personnel Administration - A
Public Opinion and the Voting Electorate - B

So there you are. Another successful semester and one step closer to being FINISHED WITH THE ENTIRE BLASTED THING!

I wonder how Bats made out this year?? Matter of fact..this might be a good thread to just throw out your life updates. I'd love to hear what Pete, Stef, and the rest of you have been up to.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:34 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
Well done Gabs, is this your final year of study? *insert much flattery and approval*

Bats is currently slaving over her major essay for management which is due in tomorrow. Problem: I'm horribly over the required word count and I'm having issues deciding which parts to cut since the whole thing as it stands is gold. The final exam is on the 16th June, less than a week after I move. Problem: I will have no phone line or internet for approximiately 7-21 days while the respective companies decided whether or not they'll be digging up my newly landscaped/turfed/paved front garden to lay the necessary cables. One might wonder why this wasn't done when the house was built, and I am now waiting for the builder's agent to ring back and explain. I don't think it's right that I pay $300 per metre (per METRE!!) for the privilege of phone/net. In truth, this should be the least of my concerns given that the electricity company doesn't have any record of the house on their system and therefore can't connect us anyway. Deep.Breathing.Must.Not.Flip.Out.

:)

Btw, this is good value: http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/45740/

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:39 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
This is indeed my final year of study. I have courses this summer and in the fall and that's it baby!

Ug...this was the schedule of my last week of classes.

Monday: Work, Study at Night
Tuesday: Exam 1 & 2
Wednesday Work, Study at Night
Thursday: BIG Exam, begin working on paper
Friday: Work, Continue working on paper at night
Saturday: Landscape all day so you can pay your rent
Sunday: Move apartments!!! All feckin' day!!!
Monday: Work, work like crazy on paper at night!
Tuesday: Turn in final paper.

$300 per meter?!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:54 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
YEESH!! And I thought that the phone company wanted a fortune when they told us what we'd have to pay for DSL to be laid from the road to our house!! You win! :(

As for me, I've had my monthly check up with my dr. (whom I'm losing to another practice!!) and have come out with both of us smiling. My diabetes is under control and doing well on the lowest dosage they have started me on. What I can't figure out is WHY my blood sugars are so high in the morning and my count for the evening is so low! You'd think it would be the other way around. *sigh*

My nutritionist says my diet is going well and feels I have a grasp on what is needed and that I don't need any further consultation. Richard's insurance ought to be pleased with that. She also says that my colesterol is quite below the normal average which is a very big plus in my continued good health. An Ac1 test (the 3 mos. one) is scheduled about the same time I will be meeting my new physician and [i:03deb80869][b:03deb80869]should[/b:03deb80869][/i:03deb80869] show a very good picture of my continued diet and medication. I expect that it will. :D

I'm sleeping about 6-8 hrs. a night, now, without those pesky interruptions I was always getting. I'm feeling more energetic and have spent at least one afternoon cleaning my kitchen (just dishes and counters and sink) without feeling like I'm dragging even 5 mins in to it. I've even allowed myself a piece of sugared candy every once in a great while. I was avoiding them like the plague, for awhile, because I felt I'd slid if I even thought about it. Seems there are more delicious things out therer, for diabetics, then I can remember back when I was younger. Emotionally, my upheavals (gods! where do they come from) are quite infrequent now, but will often hit when I'm not expecting them. I think it is my mind's way of dealing with the reality overload, especially when I'm trying hard to be upbeat about it. :shock:

Heh. Every now and then, I even get the urge to write on the SoC board once more. Not as badly as I used to but I think a smidge is trickling back. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Well done Trish! I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you!

As I mentioned to you once before, I have a friend who found out he was diabetic and as a result came out in much better health. He lost a substantial amount of weight and is much more conscious about what he eats than the rest of us, something I'm sure will serve him well in the long run.

So good for you! Way to take control of your life.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
I'm so pleased that you are feeling better Trish!! *hugs*

I've not being around much purely because life has being so hectic.The hotel I work at was taken over by Accor hotels ...so i worked for them for a week then an agency came in to take over the housekeeping department. It's being bedlam ....ive being working 14 hour days trying to switch all the paperwork and working practices over to the new company and I've being stressed out to say the least.
The other day I got a phone call from the manager of a 4star country house hotel just outside ....she offered me an extra £2,500 a year and better working conditions! needless to say I am now working my notice at Ibis York and can't wait to start new job :)

Ami has being for her scan and shes having a little boy :) We call him Joshua for now but it may change when he is born. ....she quite likes the name Cameron as well.

Aaron has currently got Mercedes, Audi and BMW knocking at his door to join them for an aprenticeship, but I think he is holding out for Maclaren.

Liam still wants to be the next David Beckham....god help us but until he gets discovered he's at college doing a sporting degree. Liv.....well she's 14 this year it is anyones guess what she wants to be lol

Other than that I don't think ive got anything else to update you on.....oh hol this year is going to be 7 days camping in the peak district with the brood in August and hopefully 2 weeks total bliss for Dave and me on our own in oct/nov time in mexico, after the baby has arrived:)

Offline Profile