<  Neverwinter Nights  ~  Did you ever think of going Pro?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
For those of you who have given thought to writing on a professional level, even if it was only a pipedream...
Well, here's your chance to find out if you have what it might take. And have fun doing it too!

I found this in my BioWare newsletter (from the makers of NwN) which I get when they issue it thru the website. Thought one or two of you might be interested in it :

[b:fd8abd4e26] The Contest That Might Become A Career
Are you a writer? Do you want to work for BioWare?

BioWare is announcing one of the most exciting contests in our history. Anyone who has dreamed of writing professionally will find this a unique opportunity to get their work noticed by the right people.

Contest details in the BioZone![/b:fd8abd4e26]

I"ll be checking it out for the details and, once I get the URL/addy, I'll post it here. :) If you're too impatient to wait for me to get around to it, you can go to the NwN website and check it out for yourself. Good Fortune. :shock:

Hmmm.... this [b:fd8abd4e26]should[/b:fd8abd4e26] work:
http://www.bioware.com/biozone/articles/2005_11_30_WritingContest/index.html

If it doesn't, leave me a message here and I'll just go and get all the info and put it into a text form. I'm getting good at doing that. :) Good Fortune, contestants!! :D :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
It's a wierd one this... you have to present it using the Bioware Aurora Toolset, which is used to create modules for the NwN game.

Yet, it must also only be all presented in a small room, with no combat or whatever required to complete the module.

Looking in more detail, they are specifically looking for a dialogue writer, who can also come up with storylines and work the toolset a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Yeah, I got the impression of exclusivity when I scanned the website, but...

Who know? ::shrugs:: Might just be up someone's ally and, with all of the people who read this board (and not the BioWare newsletter), I figured that not posting it would be a lost opportunity. :) Ergo, it only took a bit of time to post it and... Viola'!!