<  Chit-Chat  ~  World of Warcraft

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:11 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
So....yeah, been spending much of my usual internet time with this thing...actually went a little cash-crazy and got me both World of Warcraft AND City of Heroes.......both of which have montly fees, come to think of t....i must be rich. where are my pants?

so, anyway, i was wondering if anyone in my favorite gaming group of all time (that's you guys) had a WoW or CoH account, so maybe we could do some gaming....saving Paragon City with our superpowers or duking it out Medieval style as a Tauren Druid in Azeroth

Actually WoW has been so fun lately becuase of the now infamous "Webcomic Wars", some of you guys must've heard of it, Scott Kurtz from PvP Online (http://www.pvponline.com/) started a guild for the (oh so numerous) fans of his webcomic..and soon after dared the kinda-rival guys from Penny Arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com/) to create their own rival guild in the same server....both beign so fucking popular, the original guilds filled up in like, days, and they created sister guilds and.....well last week the other Gaming Webcomic giant (or at least it's these three I consdier the ultimate comic trifecta), Ctrl+Alt+Del (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/) created its own guild in the same server, allying with the PvP side (that's Horde, the "bad guys" of the game...PA is Alliance...the "good guys")

You cant beleive how fun the raids and attacks and cool gaming that have resulted form this.....on the annyoing side, there are now so many poeple in the server there are sometimes lines to log in and whenever mass raids are organized (we're talking hunderds and hundreds) lag seems to flood us and.....well, we've been known to cmpletely crash the server.......tee hee.

check the front page of Ctrl+alt+Del now and youll see screenshots of one of the latest raids...my char is actually in that "mass of awesomeness"...I''m part of the Rapscallions.....FOR THE HORDE!!!

so...yeah, just....y'know, let me know...cough.

im such a geek

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I know Frank plays CoH, however he's in the UK and thus is off limits to you my laddy! I unfortunately, don't play MMORPG's only because my personal life is so hectic, I'd never get a chance to really play them. :/

I can't afford to get addicted to any games right now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:24 pm Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
I play WoW with a lvl 60 night elf hunter but im on the EU servers so i guess we will never meet lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:26 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Actually, I play Guild Wars these days. I'm online, it's free and it's FUN!
Blame it all on my husband, Richard. He got me started on it. Heh.

Our next expansion upgrade is due out SOON! And I'm drooling already. Can't wait!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

BTW, Cyrilynn Stratsburg (couldn't get them to let me spell it all out: Stratsborough *sigh*) is my main character there. Anyone surprised by this?

There's also a Beren Silverglove, too! hehehehehee

NICE posting, Gabe! Glad to have you back. Ok, Poe! Time to get Porter/Poe in there! Let's go! Hussle it! Remember you [b:7700168fbd]promised[/b:7700168fbd] me that Cyrilynn wouldn't get a way with her impersonatio of you!

HUGS!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
I'm rapidly growing tired of CoH as it's inability to support roleplaying is becoming ever more prevalent.

On that note, I've tested WoW and I think that's where I'm heading next.

Orc Hunter, and Undead Warrior here I come!

Oh and I might try a Dwarf tooteehee pity the Alliance!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:00 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
I don't play WoW or CoH. because im poor.. and by poor i mean... dirt ass avioid the phone because it the bill collector, is it my house or the banks.. and well its either food or heat which one is really important POOR. for gods sake i still have dial up.

YES DIAL UP with that annoying sound that wakes up the house when i logg on Dial up.

I do mannage to ignore my Drainlings and play some Neverwinter Nights. but there are no graphics to speak of in that. for some reason i can only logg onto servers in Australia.. (( HI BATTY)).

I can't see paying for a game 10 bucks a month and then not playing. id have to play it alot just to get my moneys worth out of it. I don't know if there is any real RPing involved or is it just power gameing.

My problem in NwN is that i try to RP.. its fun but i keep dieing because i RP an outcast char whos clan has attacked the main city. (( not many friends )) so i get eaten by lots of things while soloing. but i still plug away like a good trooper.

I miss Vampire i was someone.. i was looked up to.. (( or down to if you looked in the sewers)).. that was by far the best game ive ever played. and i thank you all for being there and staying here to write so much for so few..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:32 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
[quote:cad2d1e00a="Drain"]
I do mannage to ignore my Drainlings and play some Neverwinter Nights. but there are no graphics to speak of in that. for some reason i can only logg onto servers in Australia.. (( HI BATTY)).[/quote:cad2d1e00a]
What time are you on? I'll look for you :)

[quote:cad2d1e00a="Drain"]
I miss Vampire i was someone.. i was looked up to.. (( or down to if you looked in the sewers)).. that was by far the best game ive ever played. and i thank you all for being there and staying here to write so much for so few..[/quote:cad2d1e00a]

Me too Draino *hugs*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:44 pm Reply with quote
where do i play..

internode NWN (#1-3) Drowwars..
im lip lip the outcast goblin
or im EErion the friendly Dwarf.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:02 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
I've just spent the last twenty minutes looking for my HoU disc. I know it was here just the other day...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:08 am Reply with quote
I don't suppose there's a no-CD crack for NWN?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:27 am Reply with quote
nevermind, I found it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:01 am Reply with quote
After much mincing about I found the server but I'm missing the hak. Do you know where I'd find it? The file is called cep1patch152.hak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:37 am Reply with quote
try here

http://games.internode.on.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=69&sid=1699a693e9babdf1a1a5c7f56cbd591f

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:48 am Reply with quote
240mb? creamy christ on a cracker!

*downloads it*

is there anything else I should get?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:50 am Reply with quote
I think I left a message for you on the bulletin board - the first one you come to when you enter the game :)