<  USA  ~  L&D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 18Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:29 pm
“Life and death…”

“Death and life…”

‘To some people it can mean everything and to most people it means something. It’s the one constant thing that we all take for granted. These two words are almost synonymous with each other yet they evoke entirely different reactions when people come face to face with them’

‘You have to admit its pretty funny, if not damn right ironic. Life begins as a joyous moment when a loving man and women consummate their relationship in a moment of pure romantic bliss… or a split condom that ruins the life of some young kids! We begin life as a bald, wrinkled, toothless and misshapen life form powered by a undeveloped mind that just wants to eat, sleep, scream incoherently and piss all over the place. All this and people crowd round us saying ‘couchi-coo’ and exclaiming how beautiful we are’

‘And then… and then we get old. If your one of the unlucky ones you end life as a bald, wrinkled, toothless and misshapen life form powered by a crumbling mind. We speak incoherently, and loose bladder control. But people no loner say ‘couchi-coo’ when we piss all over them. Instead they cross the road to get away from you and make jokes about the ‘crazy old hermit’ next door. So you are left to count the days until you die, hoping that maybe one day someone will remember that maybe, just maybe, you need a hug from time to time.’

‘If someone offered to give you the opportunity to live forever, to never age and to remain eternally youthful, would you seize the moment? What if you knew the consequences of your decision? A life as a parasite. A life of being between a state of life and death being unable to fully live life and yet unable to die. All that you can do is drift through time, watching the world change while you remain the same.’

‘Well I did know, and I made my choice. But now it is time for you to make a choice. When one is an observer of the world, like I am, you become almost like a historian, eager to discuss your memories and your recollections of past events. If you choose to stay I will recount to you a tale from not so long ago that will never leave you quite the same’

Last edited by Krae Charam on Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:15 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
((very nice!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote
‘It began with the forging of the great rings… oh wait, wrong story. It was not a remarkable day; it was just a normal day. But I will never forget that smell. It was like the smell of freshly cooked chocolate-chip-cookies. The crisp cookie dough creating a delightful aroma that was perfectly accentuated by the smell of hot, smooth, deep, dark chocolate. Actually, it was the smell of freshly baked cookies.’

‘With a firm yawn I slowly came around, only to find that I had fallen asleep on the couch. What a nightmare! I now had bed hair and drool on my chin; neither of which wanted to co-operate with me in my groggy state. I looked around the room and noticed that ‘he’ was not here but that ‘she’ was in the kitchen. She noticed me looking at her and beckoned me over with a cheerful wave’

‘She smiled that warm, innocent and peaceful smile that only children can muster. “He had to go out and get some food so I thought I would bake us some cookies while we wait”. She giggled softly and turned gracefully, yet energetically, to the oven and removed the cookies. I eagerly watched, almost salivating at the prospect, as she slid several cookies onto a plate’

‘She offered the plate to me; “Go on! Eat one” she said, her voice full to the brim with anticipation and pride. It was obvious that she was confident with her cooking ability and eagerly awaited praise. Not being one to disappoint, I greedily took a cookie. I raised it to my nose, took a deep breath and inhaled the sensual aroma, savouring the moment. I was slightly puzzled as the cookie had a strong ferrous smell, but that didn’t frighten me. Quite the opposite really, it aroused me. She knew that something was not quite right and her smile quickly decayed into a sorrowful look of disappointment. “Is something wrong?” she asked. The easiest option would have been to avoid replying by just eating the cookie. So that’s exactly what I did. I was in for a nasty surprise when I took my first bite from the cookie.’

‘For the love of god!… not that he loved me or that I loved him, but that was beside the point. Instead of the taste of a gorgeous cookie my mouth had to settle for a dry and stale taste. I licked my lips and cleared my throat as it finally sank in that I had been dreaming. I was no longer in a modern, comfortable and elegant room. I was in a dark, dank and vile alley that was barely illuminated by light escaping from a window in a nearby building. The sky was pitch black and the stars were shrouded by city smog and I had no memory of how I had gotten here. But none of that bothered me. I was comforted by that ferrous smell. It was getting stronger, more powerful by the second’

‘Something caught my attention in the corner of my eye. A body… a person. Some one was on the floor several yards away, quivering and groaning. That was when I knew what I could smell. It was blood.’

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:30 am Reply with quote
[quote:523f1cefd4="Isabella Garrett"]((very nice!![/quote:523f1cefd4]

((Thank you, i really appreciate your comments. I enjoy feedback both possitive and negative as it encourages me to continue writing and to improve myself :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
((it reads like its going to be a very good thread :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:43 am Reply with quote
((Thank you, I hope the rest does not dissapoint! :) ))

‘Have you ever tasted blood? By that I don’t mean suckling on a pricked finger or nonchalantly wiping away the blood that has run onto your lip from a nose bleed. I mean truly tasting… purposefully devouring… uncontrollably gorging… savouring every last moment in complete bliss. Lost in the sensation of the warm, velvety and smooth blood coating your tongue… oh I am sorry. I did not mean to upset your sensibilities. But there is something that you must Keep in mind. I may look like you but I am nothing like you. Man, women or child. It makes no difference. All that matters is that moment when you… ‘connect’ with them. That is why I did what I did in that alley’

‘You may think that you are special, that your family loves you and that bad things only happen to other people. But you are mistaken, very mistaken. In your narrow-minded view of the world, you probably would have thought that you were worlds apart from him. ‘Him’ with his punkish hair, facial piercings and juvenile clothing. But what I saw in him was exactly what I see in you… blood. A walking, talking and irritating blood bank’

‘Blood was dribbling from the corner of his mouth and he was gasping for air. Spluttering and writhing like a fish on dry land. No dignity or self respect as he tried to continue his pathetic and naive existence. Better that he had surrendered to death before I had set my eyes on him. I perched over his frame and bathed in the intoxicating smell of fear as I looked into his eyes and watched as his whole life flash before his eyes.’

‘I knelt, placed my hand over his mouth and pushed his head to one side. He struggled against my grip; fighting for breath. His efforts only made things worse as the exertion caused his heart to beat faster and harder. His carotid artery was pulsating and throbbing against the taut skin of his neck. It was beyond my ability to resist and my fangs cut effortlessly through the skin of his neck’

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quote
‘I know why you look at me the way you now, and to help you understand why I do what I do, I will now tell you of how I first met my mother. Not the weak, timid and vile women who gave birth to me. My true mother, the one who ‘brought me into this world’.

“I have brought you to the doorstep of death and in this unholy union I have granted you the taste of my blood. Do not try to speak just yet my love. Immortality comes with a heavy price. I have doomed you to a life of damnation. I remember perfectly what you are feeling right now, the darkness that is washing over you as your heart takes its final beat and you slip into silence.”

‘I laid at her feet, motionless. I could feel her blood flowing through me and with it a deep burning sensation in every fibre of my being. The sensation increased until it was agonising but I was unable to resist it, to fight it. My eyes opened wide in horror, my body stiffened yet I could not scream’

“Your very life fades from you; your soul is shattering. Why do you fight it? You can not possibly hope to win. You are weak and every futile effort to draw air into your dead lungs only delays the inevtiable.”

‘I can vividly remember my body convulsing violently, my finger nails cracking as they dug at the hard floor beneath me, desperately trying to cling onto the mortal coil.”

“Now all that remains is for you to cast aside your past and embrace your future. Embrace the changes that you feel within!”

‘That was when it happened. I heaved violently, retching in agonising pain as I coughed up the parts of my body that now redundant; reddish black lumps amongst thick phlegm and yellow bile. I collapsed, exhausted and ruined’

“That hunger and longing thirst that you feel will be with you for the rest of eternity my love.” She brought forward one of the barons daughters, bound and naked “Feed now my love. Drink until your thirst is quenched”

‘That was the first time that I tasted the blood of a mortal’

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quote
(Keep up the posting, this is great!!

Offline Profile