<  USA  ~  Redeemer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:19 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 167Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:48 am
How long has it been ?

A month, a year or perhaps worse.. a decade. I don’t remember where I am and even less why I am lurking freely, when I remember with certainty that slavery was bound to be my burden for a life time.

There is no such thing as been granted a second chance for someone like me, no matter how much determination I force into this case, for a reason that stretches far away from my comprehension I cannot help but to think about someone whom was dear to me. The emotions certainly feels somewhat unreal, afterall, all I remember is but her pale visage, I have long forgotten her name, perhaps it is a side effect of death, it has to be...

For the very first time, I feel like I am nothing more than a ghost, as I glance into reality, perusing each kine that crosses my invisible shade, I realize that even them, had forgotten me.. and perhaps it is for the best.

For days and nights I stood motionless at the very same cornerstreet, contemplating what I have lost, and thinking of a way to stretch my grasp further than only the spectral world when suddenly a familiar voice guided me right to my gravestone.

Another name was carven upon the old piece of rock, surely to avoid attention or to lead old foes into trickery, I was buried there, at least what remains, unknown to humanity and the kindred society.

As I began to wonder what was my next step, the voice shaped into pleading hands, hands that guided my spectral form to lay transparent within what was left of my former bone structure… nothing happened.

There was a reason for this shade to guide me there, and for so, I did not allowed myself freedom from the grave until I found what would grant me my freedom once more. Not able to pin-point the reason after a few nights, I began to peruse further in my memories, when suddenly I pictured the woman I was longing to return to, at this moment, my shade grasped the bone structure to blend as a whole…

As I awoke in the world of the living, I realized this chance would not give it easy on me, to start with, I was stuck between six planches of wood, six feet under. To top it all off, I was nothing less than a mere skeleton, perhaps when I find a way out of here, feeding upon the life energies of the kine would return me to my former glory.

I soon realized that regardless of my fragile skeleton frame, I had regained enough strength to dig my way to ground level. At this time I had no other choices but to cowardly hide within the area, awaiting for a decent prey, one that would have enough energy to bring me back to my former self.

For weeks on end, only advanced aged kine came to mourn their loved ones, sure I could have fed upon them, but they would have never granted me enough power in a single shot, for this, I would need the life energy of a child.. young and arrogant.

And a few months later, it finally happened. A ball came bouncing within the graveyard, and with it came a child running for her favorite toy. Running blindly as most kid would do to regain their candy, she realized but too late that the ball, found a comfortable home next to my feet.

“ HELP ME!! “ she kept screaming, I admit I hesitated on weither I would withdraw her last breath or not. This chance would not represent itself twice, hence, I had no other choices, and lets be honest, I didn’t really cared for her, nothing would have to get between me and my goal.

As I sucked her soul, her body became an empty bag of wrinkles… and as I suspected, my former appearance was now regiven to me in a scary kind of way. With a pair of amber red eyes I shaked in utter pleasure, after all this time, it felt good to be back…

[i:cbc8dc64ae]“ Hey shitface! Let the girl go.. “[/i:cbc8dc64ae] a pair of thugs appeared, if only they knew what they were facing…

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
((hey! weclome back! a good ole fashioned Valek ass whoopin!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
((Go Valek!!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:45 am Reply with quote
[b:f6f0554ff9]Hey shitface! Let the girl go.. [/b:f6f0554ff9]

As bold as it may sound, I tossed the wrinkled carcass halfway in direction of those stupid heroes wanna be. They sure would love to force away that smirk on my face, but they prefered perusing this insignificant scumbag of a girl instead.

I never tire of this guilty pleasure, fear is a wonderful emotion when it is born on the face of our victims. I was sure they were the kind of criminals to brag about their deeds and what they would do.. well, at least try to do to me when they found out in which state that girl was... I was wrong, perhaps still rusted by this long absence, they bluntly emptied their gun clips in my chest.

[i:f6f0554ff9]He's still standing... d.. do somethin![/i:f6f0554ff9] I could have ended everything right about this second, but decided to play the game a little longer. They threw everything they could put their hands on at me, name it.. knives, rocks, empty glass bottles, and of course, they took good care of emptying the rest of their bullets.

My body equalizing itself with the muddy ground, they cheered and sighed in relief, little did they know, I was faking.

[i:f6f0554ff9]Man, I never saw someone able to punch in this much before, that guy was fucked up..[/i:f6f0554ff9] slowly they approached, unaware of the danger that was sleeping, and waiting to be unleashed.

They searched my pockets for cash or items of any value, and found nothing. Deceived, they stood and began to run away as they heard the sirens of the local forces of order heading their way, surely they had heard the gunshots.

[i:f6f0554ff9]Kill them for me.. love, and come help me...[/i:f6f0554ff9] this same soft voice echoed within the walls of my head, pleading me to assassinate them. No one has ever really forced me to do such a thing, hell I always did it for free.

It is a shame the local cops were about to arrive, this prevented me to kill them the way I usualy do. It satisfied me little to break the neck of one, and leave the other alive to be blamed, but this seemed the reasonable outcome, should I wish to remain invisible to the society.. surely my usual doings would alert my return, and this was not something I wish revealed, at least... not now...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quote
The clock is ticking, my precense here was made possible for a reason, and one reason only. This girl, broke the chains that bounded me six feet under, broke the spell that held me down in fire and brimstones. Should something happens to her, my death would be immediate, no second chances.

How was I sure of it? I am not, but I can most deffinately feel it. Midian is not the type of being ready to let go unless forced to, or being tricked. I would put my life on the line on the second option, he had been tricked, and until he can find her, there is simply nothing he could do about my presence in the material realm.

As I made obvious before, my time was precious, and yet, I pulled the brakes and glanced at the city I once ruled, things had changed, mere mortals back then would recognize and fear me... now, they simply pass by me without even excusing themselves should they hit me by inadvertance.

Funny how things can change in only a few years, it was then that I began to wonder, what had happen to my former allies... and foes. What became of Batgirl, Raven, Requiem my childe, Angelica my sire, Porter.. and my legendary Nemesis, Gabriel, were they all dead? Hell, I couldnt sense it anymore, death had really rusted the fuck out of me.

It was but a matter of time until I recover my sense at their full potential, at least, my strenght was back, talk about a chance. Wouldnt had pictured me being beaten down by a neonate.

At some places, they were still vestige of the fight with the Kabal, and that fired me a question... what ever happened to Bathory? probably dead, hell I dont even remember that important turn that changed the course of my past unlife.. So many questions and no real decent answers. I would deffinately need to find a place to gather information...

My old haven, seemed like the place to crash first...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 155Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:02 am
[i:3745526878][b:3745526878]Tears of love... tears of fear.[/b:3745526878][/i:3745526878]

My love, my soul and heart is withering, growing weary. I am afraid of what may happen each seconds that fades away. Will the monster find me? and if it does, what will he do to me. I plead for more time, lend me enough for him to save me.. may fate not abandon me within the grasp of the beast.

Oh, how many questioned the feelings I had for him, I cannot begin to explain, suffice to say, [color=red:3745526878]he his all I have left, he his the song that no one sings, he his the unattainable. [/color:3745526878]

*sighs*

I never was granted freedom on anything, my life, was but a continuous tale of sorrows. Now that freedom was finaly at my reach, the king of despair persecutes me. I am forced to remained hidden in the cattacombs of my grave, that being told, lets face facts, I am graced that the beast has not pondered the idea of coming here.. or everything would have ended, my efforts to bring him back would have been futile.

I am starting to feel the coldness of fall descending on me, with nothing else but rags covering my fragile shape, nothing to warm me up.. I no longer have the strenght to stand up and ask for help, and for that matter, it would just not be a good idea... who knows what lurks outside.

I can't stand the fact that my life is what holds him alive in this realm. I grow weaker and must fight for survival, and with my strenght fading away rapidly, I must find an alternative... if I wish to see him.. even should it be for a second, my dearest wish... is to see him once more...

[i:3745526878][b:3745526878]There, the siren curled her fragile body in a U shape, and began to cry.. [/b:3745526878][/i:3745526878]

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
((Bravo!!))

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
((more! more!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Night awoke and stretched her celestial limbs, coating the forest in veins and slivers of quicksilver. Away from the artificial golden glow of the city lights the trees and underbrush were coated in a metallic white, as were it's denizens.

Curious and peering, a freshly awakened owl scanned the forest floor for prey from high atop it's perch. The deep pools that served as its eyes moved rhythmically, motionless one moment and darting the next. After expending all the patience nature had provided him with, the agile predator took flight, dipping to near ground level and soaring towards the sparkling hue of the city.

He didn't truly understand the concept of cities or civilizations, but only knew that the large glowing cluster was a forest of little prey and many predators. A grey thicket full of danger and strange sights. But tonight, something deep and primal drove him. Desire pulsed through his frame with each wingbeat.

On the city's outskirts he found little beyond scrubland and scattered people. As the city grew denser and the buildings rose on either side, the owl became apprehensive. Gradually his fear was overcome by fright, and he flew frantically and haphazardly through the bustling streets. Only once did he peer down and spot a figure clad in black, motionless upon the street corner, and although he owned no perception of good or evil, he felt a discomfort that was the ancient ancestor of horror.

The owl pushed onward, and eventually the buildings began to give way. Slowly they lessened and grew shorter until eventually he found himself emerging upon the other side of the city, in the high hills. There, once more bathed in silver and blue, the exhausted creature took refuge upon a black fencetop.

The cast iron was cool and a gentle breeze was coralled along the dark river of roadway below and ruffled his feathers. The bird cooed happily. He had no way of knowing that the gate upon which he sat was emblazened with the O'Brien crest, or that it was unusual for the manor that sat just beyond to appear so dormant and darkened.

But all the same, the owl felt at peace. The stars and glory of the night sky were no longer masked by streetlights and headlamps. Once again, the celestial mural was splayed across it's great canvas. Once he was ready leapt from the fence and made his way through the ether towards the great manor.

Instinctively, he landed upon an upper floor window, open and curtains fluttering about spectrally. In the darkened room beyond, a figure sat cloaked in darkness, its pale green eyes barely reflecting what meager light managed to creep through the window.

The eyes glazed over for a moment and then awakened with a new intensity. The darkened form rose from it's chair and approached the window. As it did so, the owl was released from its obligations and took to the nightsky once more.

Gabriel's figure emerged into the soft blue light and placed his hands upon the windowsill, staring into Cascadia's depths far below.

[i:b32c3342e6]"It can't be..."[/i:b32c3342e6]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:08 am Reply with quote
For a moment I stood still, studying meticulously the numerous visages that walked by, none of them really was worth my attention, in fact, staring at them woke up and ancient desire, I could hear it calling me for the blood of kine. At the time, no one noticed the danger they were facing, and for her sake I had to deny me that pleasure, my senses were not yet sharp enough to detect any other Kindred, and feeding, would alert more than one of them of my presence, and for what I know, that might have already happened.

I took a second to shake away the seduction of such a temptation, glancing at the night sky, I envied the gift that was granted to what seemed to be an owl, how handy would it be to have a faster way to travel, or for that matter, have full control over my power of possession, and have a bird’s eye view of the local area, ironically, that was not about to happen anytime soon, at least, not before I find her.

Later on, her delicate voice haunted my senses, pleading me for departure ever since I had plagued my old haven’s outskirts. Perhaps she wished to warn me of an imminent danger, I knew not. As I advanced further in my old domain, I realized that it had been completely defiled, the local bums were most likely to blame, no sane kindred would have ventured and give birth to anarchy within my walls… unless they knew I was dead.

Her pleading voice became softly covered by the sound of footsteps over broken glass, and faded away the moment I pushed the finely crafted wooden door open, surprisingly, the interior was intact. It was almost as if someone stood watch from within.

[i:8f4dace4af]Hurry…[/i:8f4dace4af] an aching pain striked me, forcing me to lean against the nearby wall, that confirmed what I could only assume earlier, she was growing weaker, and I was affected equally by it.

My vision became horribly affected, I could no longer see clearly.. and it was about then, that a shadow formed in the distance, at first, I was sure it be nothing else than a side effect of what I was currently enduring, but it proved to be something I really didn’t needed at the moment.

[i:8f4dace4af] Predictable as sunrise.. [/i:8f4dace4af] obviously aware of my current state, the shadow shifted into a clear image as my vision was returned. Midian had sent his minions on me, not an entirely good thing, but I prefer them be on my case than hers…

Judging by the waves of attacks he thrown in my direction, I would say his mission was simply to refrain me, Midian needed time, and stopping me from going further was at his advantage.

I could hear her mourn my current situation, and as much as I would like to rip this fucker’s head off, her strength was fading, and so was mine, there was simply nothing I could do…

[i:8f4dace4af]This is disappointing, I expected much more of a fight from you, nonetheless, I will go down in history for killing you… [/i:8f4dace4af] When my slavery seemed at hand once more, I suddenly felt a wave of energy given to me, no matter where it came from, I took the chance, and got rid of this idiot.

[i:8f4dace4af] Tell everyone down below, that I will reach my goal, no matter how many of you he sends. [/i:8f4dace4af] With the back of my hand, I gave him death, taking a long voyage thru the already broken window, he fell in the courtyard… and as I glanced at him from the edge of the window, I wondered, did she managed to regain strenght? or was it because of something else...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:05 am Reply with quote
I wished oh how dearly for this night to finaly end, my vital energies continuously abandoning me, I had no other choices but to feed on the numerous creatures that ventured too close, for him, I reduced myself to rat’s vitae, the bacteria that those creatures contained, could only place me in a situation that would only become more grave in the long run, but for him… I accepted.

I knew well that my sacrifices brought him strenght, I knew he will fight for me and wash those noir souvenirs away. I knew him in stories far before I fell in love with him, I knew him for the numerous attrocities he fought for, he had always did it to serve his cause, and now, [color=red:ee95747232]I became this cause. [/color:ee95747232]

I knew I had to do something, my body slowly began to freeze, and could no longer feel my legs, if I remained here, I would die. On the other hand, once I step outside I will be exposed to a graver treath, but did I really had the choice?

[color=darkred:ee95747232][i:ee95747232][b:ee95747232]The siren pulled herself out of the tomb that held her captive by clawing herself up at the surface. Only to find that her luck ran out, she had been buried on an island, and the horizon, offered the image of a land distanced by a river, and in her condition, it was something impossible to cross. There she just couldnt take it anymore.

Her pleading cries echoed both in the material and spectral realm as she screamed the name of her beloved in between tears, snow eventualy joined the orchestra, and kept her bad company...[/b:ee95747232][/i:ee95747232][/color:ee95747232]

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:37 am Reply with quote
My wishes, life and dreams had forgotten me, why was I given a second chance, if I had to endure this? was this sorrowful orchestra violently played to remind me of the time I loved him, and shared my nights with him in secrecy?

I am punished this severly because of love? because I prefered listening to the song my heart sang, instead of the voice of reason? If this is the thorn in my rose, I will endure much worse only for him, I would face stronger than me and fight the end of time, to feel his touch once more.

I sailed under a sky of a thousand moons, I placed my fate within an old wooden bateau, and covered myself with a thorned yet massive dark blanket.

My chances were perhaps thin, but I could not scream his name earlier, without any consequences. I.. am guessing the monster heard it, I just cant take the chance to stay.

I know the sun will rise... and fear the worse, my only protection against it, is thisdirty blanket, may it be enough to hide me from the eyes of light.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Within the hour the manor was little more than another shadow slowly makings its way from Gabriel's vision. He sat in the backseat of a nondescript luxury vehicle. A Lexus, Infinity, or something or the sort. After awhile all the wood panelling and ubiquitous imported leather began to look the same. Tyler's unorganized mane of hair was visible in the soft light, tendrils of dark hair weaving in and out without pattern or shape.

In the backseat, Gabriel mulled over the possibility of what he had seen. Valek had been a plague upon Cascadia and an affront of Gabriel's reputation. Acting as his Seneschal, the young Ventrue's grasp for power had turned into a debacle as he had implicated himself in one of the most horrific and dangerous Princedom's in Camarilla history.

A Prince with an unsatable bloodlust and a seeming apathy for the Masquerade...it was incredible the Inner Council had turned a blind eye as long as they had. As Seneschal, Gabriel had been firmly rebuked by the Justicar in charge and sent packing. The explanation had been brief and to the point. The Inner Council had had enough, they'd be appointing the new hierarchy, Valek wasn't to be thought of again, he'd been properly [i:a5b3e94754]handled[/i:a5b3e94754].

Anytime a Justicar said that, it usually meant the person in question could now fit easily in most vases and urns. But Gabriel had been sure of what he'd seen...Valek was back, somehow.

The car skulked into the city and the abrasive lights made Gabriel cringe. He had spent more or less the previous two months hiding in his manor, shunning friends and business associates alike. Only had Kathy had been permitted entrance. For so long, the brash Ventrue had mocked those ancient Kindred who hid from the modern nights, who stayed in their havens for decades on end. But he now seemed in danger of joining them...that is until the Dark Prince returned...

[i:a5b3e94754]"So what's the plan?"[/i:a5b3e94754] Tyler seemed relatively unconcerned as he carefully wove the car through the late night traffic. His eyes appeared in the rear view, bright and inquisitive.

[i:a5b3e94754]"We're going to St. Theresa's."[/i:a5b3e94754]

[i:a5b3e94754]"Hmm."[/i:a5b3e94754] Tyler grunted and stepped on the gas, weaving aggressively now. After a moment his eyes reappeared in the rear view. [i:a5b3e94754]"You realize you're sort of persona non grata there right?"[/i:a5b3e94754]

[i:a5b3e94754]"Of course I realize that. Just drive."[/i:a5b3e94754] Gabriel murmured.

St. Theresa's was a private hospital located squarely in Cascadia's commericial district. An indistinct grey building surrounded by an ocean of flashy, modern architecture, it was hardly what one would expect the current Prince's haven to look like. But then, that was the point wasn't it?

The residing Prince, a squat, powerfully built man named Lucente, had made it abundantly clear upon Gabriel's dismissal that he wouldn't be welcomed into the arms of the city hierarchy again anytime soon.

As the car pulled into the parking garage and St. Theresa's loomed before them, Gabriel prepared his thoughts...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:29 am Reply with quote
[b:11b5738e91]Power, a word of impact, a word when placed in the wrong hands, could decimate more than a God could create.[/b:11b5738e91]

The malicious pleasure that drove me to thousands of cold hearted murders in the past, had emerged once more, I could feel it thightening its grasp on me, its dark nails pleading for more, clawing it's demands within myself.

It would be a miserable lie to say I had no desires for it, in fact, as I felt it's seduction, I craved once more for carnage, however, it is something that will have to face denial more than once, I would have to control this venom in me, which is more easily said than done.

Releasing a wave of black oily tendrils upon the corpse down below, the Dark One gave birth to one of his first minion. A mere walking corpse, but yet able to accomplish given orders.

It's task was more than simple, he would gather information for me, and I would dispose of it when the time comes. It was the best solution I had at the moment, and amongst the society, abandoned ghouls, had been a common thing during my reign, with a little luck, they would see it be the act of newblood.

[i:11b5738e91]One thing, you remain hidden, kill no one, I spot you doing something else, I'll make you regret it severly.. [/i:11b5738e91] the infected left to accomplish his task, it would peruse for any information concerning the Toreador, Laura De L'Hiver.

I sat for some time in my former domain, keeping a close eye on the progress of the infected, let alone regular kindred I recognized by their simple ways of behaving, I saw nothing worth my interest, nothing when one particular thing grasped my attention.

A vehicle drove by the unimportance of the infected, I associated these luxurious vehicles to one person only back in the day, but that could not be, I would have sensed such a thing, even with my senses not at their full potential.

Of course there was no way the ghoul could keep up with it, without being a little suspicious, and perhaps I was just being paranoid, but this is a thing I could not take guesses on.

[i:11b5738e91]I want you to find back that vehicle, you stay out of sight, I want to know who is in that vehicle... [/i:11b5738e91]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:07 am Reply with quote
[b:a18ed35370]If you asked me if this whole situation scares me, I'd say no, it terrifies me.[/b:a18ed35370]

The dry lands had welcomed with open arms my small vessel, however I dared not moving from under what offered me a false safety, hidden under this simple rag, fear froze me, and everything around me was all too calm.

I imagined every possible outcomes as time slowly faded away, none of them really ended well. I had never seen what those monsters were capable of, and I had no desires of finding out, it is exactly what held me thight in the safety of my vessel.

A whole day and night died before my eyes, yet, nothing happened, silence was as discrete as it ever been. I lowered the blanket slightly, enough to allow my curiosity to meet satisfaction.

[i:a18ed35370]*sighs*[/i:a18ed35370] I was releived to find out that my darkest scenarios were not reality for the moment. I stood and thigthened the blanket around my almost naked form.

For hours I marched, the scenery always the same, falling leaves from countless trees, their rufflings offered somewhat a brief moment of tranquility in my snaillike travels, I was still weak, and running, would but only drain me systematicaly of my energies.

[color=darkred:a18ed35370]Eventualy the Siren found a small town, finaly things began to look brighter she thought, but she was far from knowing that this entire city, estimated to around a thousand habitants, had been the host of a terrible creature, that bathed it's citizens in their own demise, a demise, meant for this fragile Toreador. [/color:a18ed35370]

Offline Profile