<  USA  ~  "True Friends..."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:27 am Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
Nix glared at the flushed suit stood at the doorway of her hotel room.
A second glance at her visitor however made her lips twitch into a smile.
She languidly leaned on the frame of the door as she ran her eyes across the figure.
The deep blue designer suit fitted well, tailored to his figure, elongating his legs and arms. The once booted feet were adorned with a pair of polished black shoes. Plain black shirt with a midnight blue tie completed the look. Finn looked good. She was impressed.
The most dramatic change however was the shock of black hair that hung over his icy blue eyes. Or rather the shocking black hair that had once hung over his icy blue eyes. His long plume of hair was cut short, cropped and ruffled in a fashionable style yet his roguish smile seemed forced.
“Hmm,” Nix said nodding, “you look fucking [i:7add5bd464]fine[/i:7add5bd464], Finn.”
She turned beckoning him into the room.
“Smell good too.”
“Uh, thanks,” Finn said hesitantly stepping in to the room his darting eyes taking in the chaotic state of the deluxe hotel room.
Nix gestured to a set of leather furniture. “Please, sit down.”
Finn complied, frowning slightly.
“Ah, sorry” Nix said with a rueful expression, as she wound a wet lock of hair round a finger. “Just got out of the shower. Thought you were bullshitting about half an hour.”
Finn shrugged.
“Fucking hell Phenix, a no would have done. Those tiles were cold! Nice tow- “ Kahn said walking out of the bathroom, carrying a fluffy white towel which he obviously intended to wrap around his waist.
Finn turned to the sound of Kahn’s voice. An expression of realisation crossed his face as he shot up out of the plush chair.
“What the fuck are you doing here?” he exclaimed in surprise, as Nix whipped the towel out of Kahn’s hand, leaving his body exposed.
“What the fuck happened to your hair?” Kahn retorted, a grin splashed over his face.
She started rubbing her dripping hair with the lifted towel and grinned at the exchange.
Finn ran a hand self-conscious hand through his now considerably shorter hair and snorted sarcastically.
“What,” Kahn continued, “got pecked off by birds? And what the fuck are you wearing?” he said gesturing at the suit.
“Now, now boys,” Nix interjected, draping the towel over her wet shoulders, the silk robe clinging to her wet body like a second-skin. “No need to fight. Get dressed Kahn and sit down.”
Kahn chuckled softly, picking up the vermin and muttering to it softly. “Bird-boy’s plucked and stuffed!” The mouse squeaked in reply. He pulled on his trousers, leaving his chest bare and lounged on a chair.
Finn, sighing heavily, sunk back into the chair a dark shadow passing over his face when his gaze met Kahn.
Nix walked over to the desk, and picked up the file Donavon had supplied her with.
“Time to get this shit rolling,” she began, making her way towards the two-seater sofa. She sat, crossing her legs, handing a printed sheet and a photograph to Finn.
“Miss Indira Rodriguez, that’s the best shot I got of her,” Nix said, nodding towards the photograph. “She’s the big fucking momma around here. Got her finger in everybody’s pie.”
Finn scanned his eyes over the hazy black and white photograph then handed it to Kahn.
He let out a whistle through his teeth. “Damn she’s hot!”
“Yeah and a frosty, manipulative V by all reports,” Nix snapped, her eyes narrowing. “Look out for her and her cronies. Chances are that she’ll snap to attention when we start making a dent in her ‘shit not allowed’ profits.”
Finn nodded looking at the paper he held in his hand.
“That is the name and location of a small-time trend dealer,” Nix leaned back on the lavish cushions, lighting up a cigarette. “His team do the rounds at places like Vaurien and Ethos. Fucking pussy.”
Nix looked at Finn and grinned. “You’re gonna take him down.”
“Oh yeah? How?”
“From the inside? Scare the shit out of him?” Nix responded, smoke billowing around her head. “Whatever.”
Finn frowned. He was doing that a lot lately. He wasn’t happy.
“Come on Finn it’s a piece of piss,” Nix said grinning. “And I’m sure Kahn wouldn’t mind giving you a hand.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:15 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Tyler emitted a skeptical [i:193ebd891c]hurumph[/i:193ebd891c] and went about changing his clothes in plain sight of Indira, who stood admiring his physique, careful not to outwardly express any interest.

[i:193ebd891c]"You don't think I know what you like Tiger? You don't think I care do you?"[/i:193ebd891c] she waltzed slinkily into the room, her startling brown eyes glued to him, like a jungle cat stalking it's prey. [i:193ebd891c]"You think I'm some power hungry bitch with no feelings at all."[/i:193ebd891c]

[i:193ebd891c]"Look Indira,"[/i:193ebd891c] he said frankly, drawing a silk evening shirt from his dresser and turning to face her. [i:193ebd891c]"you got what you wanted. The factory isn't going up as planned and we both know what that means. You don't have to come here and gloat over it like some blasted fledgling."[/i:193ebd891c]

[i:193ebd891c]"Tyler...I think there's enough low-life street scum out there to supply business for both of us. Just because your little 'base of operations' for your petty drug trade has been shut down, doesn't mean you're down and out."[/i:193ebd891c]

She was full of shit. He pulled his shirt over his head, partly to conceal his body, but mostly to conceal the look of disgust written on his face, if only for a brief instant.

[i:193ebd891c]"You know, I really don't understand you."[/i:193ebd891c] he snapped, stepping within mere inches from her and raising an accusatory finger. [i:193ebd891c]"You use low brow tactics to one up me, destroy my plans, and THEN come to offer your condolences? You're one sick, twisted, manipulative bitch!"[/i:193ebd891c]

His Sire would have an absolute fit if he had been present and seen Tyler act so crudely to a female. To a Ventrue, manners were everything. Be cordial and gregarious to their face, let your actions speak volumes.

She placed her smooth hands upon his shoulders, her rings bearing her families crest and the Ventrue insignia sparkling brilliantly. Leaning into him, she her tongue up his neck and flicked it playfully across his lips. Every muscle fiber in his body tensed as he fought against the raw animalistic urges that were so numerous and rapid, that he couldn't decipher hatred from lust.

Indira slid away from him and stalked back towards the room's entrance, turning around only briefly to blow a kiss, which she immediately followed with a high pitched laugh. The laugh lingered in the room even after she left, and screaming was all Tyler could do to try to drown it out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:11 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 64Location: Everywhere "they" didn't look.Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:41 pm
Finn harumphed. He was becoming increasingly irritable. It worried him. Because the last two times he’d began to feel this way were the days of his Sire’s unorthodox tutelage. And the days when he served under that bastard, Emery.

He nodded to Nix, then seconded it with an urban, reverse nod to Kahn.

[i:4afe68ab23]“If you say so. You comin’?”[/i:4afe68ab23]

Kahn grinned, he lifted his discarded shirt, flopping it lazily over his shoulder. At this particular moment in time, it was he who looked the Gangrel, leaving Finn the dubious honour of resembling a Ventrue.

Kahn moved towards Nix, kissing her in a prolonged motion that made Finn’s blood boil, and Nix’ face scrunch. She hissed at him as he walked out the door.

[i:4afe68ab23]“See ya later babe.”[/i:4afe68ab23] He mockingly blew a kiss as Finn turned to glare at her. He wasn’t happy. That much was obvious. Nix smiled as sweetly as her charred eyes would allow.

[i:4afe68ab23]“Happy hunting, boys. Do me proud.”[/i:4afe68ab23] She sneered at Finn before sticking her tongue out. [i:4afe68ab23]“Don’t get that suit dirty, Finn.”[/i:4afe68ab23]

Finn closed the door, grunting under his breath. The shortened calamus and his hair made him itch. He scratched at his neck. Kahn stood at the end of the corridor waiting with one foot tapping.

Finn stepped towards him, his eyes never left the smiling counterparts of Kahn. Until he was right beside him.

Kahn fell back sharply against the wall. The mouse squeaked in his pocket as he steadied himself on his feet, nursing his jaw.

[i:4afe68ab23]“What the fuck was that for?”[/i:4afe68ab23]

[i:4afe68ab23]“I asked you here to help me. I needed someone to watch my back. And the first chance you get, you’re fucking the one person I need help watching. You’re fucking unreal, Kahn! What the fuck were you thinking?”[/i:4afe68ab23]

Kahn shook his head clear, suppressing the desire to lamp his feathered friend. He forced a winning smile, [i:4afe68ab23]“I am watching your back ya dumb shit! I had to get her to talk...and well you know how chicks can’t resist a little “Kahn” persuasion.”[/i:4afe68ab23]

Finn glared at him. [i:4afe68ab23]“Yeah. Whatever. So. Spill.”

“Let’s just say things aren’t as clear-cut as you thought, airhead. Stop freaking man. You honestly think we’d get as far as screwing without her spilling some shit? I’ve still got your back, Holmes. You’re still my budgie,”[/i:4afe68ab23] He coughed. [i:4afe68ab23]“I mean, buddy.”[/i:4afe68ab23]

He slapped an arm round Finn whose face began to shrug of the anger billowing under his wings. Kahn pecked him on the cheek before running away laughing. As Finn started to follow him he realised something was amiss.

[i:4afe68ab23]“Kahn! You cunt! Where’s my wallet!?”[/i:4afe68ab23]

---------------------

Big Red was hidden in an underground parking lot. The two Kindred watched the lot cautiously before heading over to the van. Finn stood guard as Kahn stumbled and clambered around inside. Finn kept looking at his watch. From what Nix had told them, the dealer, Kincaid, would be at Club Ethos at 11:30 sharp. It was already 11:07 and the club was several blocks away.

[i:4afe68ab23]“Come on, Kahn! Move it!”[/i:4afe68ab23]

At that, the van doors swung open before closing again. Finn peered into the darkness behind the van, his silvered eyes shimmering as a grin creased his face. Kahn stepped into the false, hard-bitten lights of the lot. The suit hugged him as fondly as any of his many conquests would have. The cut was an exaggerated angular splash of fabric. It made him look like a viciously elegant dagger being thrust into air. As he caught Finn’s grin he looked up, his piercing green eyes twinkling with an affectionate mischief.

[i:4afe68ab23]“Yeah. Fuck off. At least I make this shit look good.”

“Never said a thing. We best get our asses in gear. Kincaid’ll leave soon and I don’t need Nix on my case if we miss our window.”[/i:4afe68ab23]

Nodding, Kahn seemed to drop something onto the running board at the van’s side. Finn recognised the small shape and nodded.

[i:4afe68ab23]“Take it easy, Krisjo. I’ll bring him back in one piece.”[/i:4afe68ab23] The mouse, one of the very few animals that weren’t feathered, that would actually acknowledge the Gangrel, merely twitched his nose...

[i:4afe68ab23]“Yep. No problem. Bring me back some scran, will ya?”[/i:4afe68ab23] Finn nodded. For a mouse, Kris sounded, to him at least, worryingly like a Scottish kid.

[i:4afe68ab23]“Ready when you are big man.”[/i:4afe68ab23] Kahn straightened his tie before following Finn across the parking lot. Kahn stopped him as they passed a slightly dented silver car. The 300M Chrysler took Kahn a bit longer than usual. He had his mind on Nix’ inner thigh, and right now the wires he was twinging together were the straps of her lace up top. Not that she ever wore such nonsense, but this was Kahn’s fantasy. He nodded satisfactorily to Finn as the engine chortled to life.

[i:4afe68ab23]“We’ll get there faster in this. And if we’re gonna be in asshole suits, we might as well look the part.”[/i:4afe68ab23]

Finn nodded. Sometimes Kahn made sense. Not often, he was of gypsy blood, but sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:43 pm Reply with quote
The heavy curtain fell back to cover the sizable window as the Chrysler sped past the hotel. It was a nice choice, making the right impression. She nodded to herself and made her way towards the hotel’s walk-in wardrobes. In her business, impression was the start of everything.
The art of manipulation was a threefold process. Impression and trust then control. Make the right impression and you earn the trust. Earn the trust and then you have the control. And control was everything.
She loosened the dressing gown, and let the silk garment fall to the floor. Placing her hands on her hips, she contemplated her small selection of clothes. Two outfits for each occasion with accessories to mix and match.
Nix had made a mistake. She’d let down her guard with Finn and again with Kahn. Kahn. Her fuck buddy for the last fourteen hours. She hoped she’d made the appropriate impression on him. She doubted it though. He didn’t think much of her, that much was obvious.
She frowned slightly, then took her short leather skirt down from the pole.
Yet she could use that. She could use him. Kahn’s arrival had surprised her. She suspected that he wasn’t just ‘passing by’. He knew what she was and thinking about it, she was glad. Hopefully he’d blab to bird-boy. She put back the skirt and chuckled to herself. She knew next to nothing about him, yet he knew a shit load about her. He’d blab. Nix wasn’t that stupid; she hadn’t told him everything. The shit he knew, and by now probably Finn, was shit he needed to know.
She got the feeling that she’d blown it with Finn. His complex and rather impressive history intrigued her. And she was fairly certain he wasn’t going to send for daddy. But he’s not happy, she thought to herself as she picked up black kick flare trousers. Not happy at all.
“He doesn’t fucking trust me,” she muttered to herself, placing the trousers back into the closet.
Don’t have the trust, don’t have the control. She had to get the trust. She just didn’t know how.

((ugh horrid again, but i'll probably put up more later

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 64Location: Everywhere "they" didn't look.Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:41 pm
Kincaid strode back from his brief collection visit from the Ethos nightspot. He looked every bit the regal Ventrue as he smirked, patting the slight bulge within his suit jacket. The Kine that wandered alongside and against him were unaware that the besuited, heavyset Kincaid was in fact walking into the predation of similarly attired Kindred.

Kincaid scratched his boxer’s nose with a spidery finger before turning into the alley that hid his Vantage sports-car from the glances of car thieves. The various security mechanisms and protective devices the car housed further decreased any chances the car would be stolen. He was a proud and even arrogant Kindred as befitting the Noble house, Ventrue. But his arrogance was to be his ultimate undoing.

[i:a2195cd5ea]“Psst! Over here man!”[/i:a2195cd5ea]

He looked up hawkishly, his squinting eyes trying to define the source of the voice. He stepped closer to the car only for a Garou to appear into his path. He was too shocked to notice it wasn’t moving, breathing or in fact making any further sounds. His confused distraction meant that Finn was able to slam a stake into his chest. Immobilising him before Kahn lowered his illusion, the Garou vanishing as he did so. The two friends dragged the paralysed Kincaid to the boot of their car, Kahn starting the engine as Finn locked the boot, Ventrue held inside.

The Chrysler skidded briefly before turning onto the street, the tyres squealing slightly as Kahn gunned it towards Big Red.

Big Red was soundproofed. It was heavily armoured. Held a massively powerful engine. And of course it had a big assed space in back. Finn and Kahn carried Kincaid into the back of their inanimate, vermilion companion and started chaining him securely. Once they were satisfied Kahn took great pleasure in wrenching the stake out of Kincaid’s now bloodied chest, as painfully as possible. Twisting it as he pulled back.

[i:a2195cd5ea]“There. Now doesn’t that feel better?”

“Fuck you! Who the fuck do you think you’re deali...?”

“A nobody. A dipstick courier. A piece of suit-wearing shit.”[/i:a2195cd5ea]

Kincaid’s rage made him froth, testing the chains, trying to pull them apart. They held fast.

[i:a2195cd5ea]“I’ve got connections! Whoever the fuck you think you are, you’re already dead!”

“You aren’t in any position to be making threats, dickhead!”[/i:a2195cd5ea] Finn spat back.

[i:a2195cd5ea]“We brought you here for a reason....”

“Not that you’d be bright enough to grasp it,”[/i:a2195cd5ea] Kahn hissed. [i:a2195cd5ea]“You listenin’ bud?”[/i:a2195cd5ea]

Kincaid’s voice rasped. He had never been treated with this little respect. Even Indira had more regard for him. And she was a real royal bitch.

[i:a2195cd5ea]“You think your small time scare tactics mean dick to me? You’re more stupid than I thought. Indira will have you hanging by your balls before dawn.”

“Somehow I don’t think so. By the time your mommy hears about this, we’ll be running things. Capiche?”[/i:a2195cd5ea]

Kincaid spat a mouthful of clotted blood into Finn’s face. The young feral snarled, his calamus bristling. It took away something of his corvid appearance, replacing it with the demeanour of a pissed off porcupine. He grumbled before backhanding the Ventrue across his face. The Gangrel’s knuckles bursting the skin around the Ventrue’s mouth. Kahn placed a wary hand on his friend’s fist.

[i:a2195cd5ea]“Wait Finn. We’re just here to put the willies up him. Not to kill him. Remember?”[/i:a2195cd5ea]

At the mention of that name, Kincaid’s grimace became a dark smile.

[i:a2195cd5ea]“Finn? Minneapolis Finn? Ha! You are so dead! Idiotic little fuck! I’ll be a fucking hero for bringing you in! Price on your head...”[/i:a2195cd5ea]

Kahn looked panicked as his friend’s claws extended. Miniature sickles appearing at the end of each of his fingers.

[i:a2195cd5ea]“Shit Finn! I’m sorry man! I never thought!”[/i:a2195cd5ea] He fell silent as Finn looked hard at him.

[i:a2195cd5ea]“Mission’s a bust bro. Only one way we can fix it.”[/i:a2195cd5ea] He grabbed Kincaid by the throat, his claws hooking around, drawing sickly black blood.

[i:a2195cd5ea]“Aww fuck man. Shitstorm’s a comin’.”[/i:a2195cd5ea]

Finn pulled his hand back, grip tightening as he did. Claws ripping out Kincaid’s throat as he did. The Ventrue’s eyes went pale, bulging in sudden realisation. He didn’t have time to speak, gurgling as his precious blood started to pulse from him. Finn held him staring into his dying eyes as the once-proud Kindred began to dessicate.

Kincaid saw death in the Gangrel Anarch’s eyes. Death borne on the pitch, yawning black wings of crows. He tried to mutter once then was ash. Finn slapped his hands together shaking much of the ash that once was Kincaid from his fingers. He turned to a suddenly wide-eyed, shock stricken, Kahn. A resigned look on his face.

[i:a2195cd5ea]“Not a shitstorm, Kahn. Our storm.”[/i:a2195cd5ea]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:01 am Reply with quote
[b:543b7c6f07]Life is just one damned thing after another...[/b:543b7c6f07]

A week had passed since the cock-up with Kincaid. Nix had gone postal at the way things had turned out. Granted the end result was still the same. Indira had been unnerved. Nix had procured the buyers Kincaid had left without a supplier. Her empire was beginning to grow, albeit microscopically. Kahn was plying his trade on street corners, performing street magic that would leave David Blaine envious. And Finn. Well Finn was keeping his head down, well as down as his plumage would allow.

He’d been playing a few gigs at coffee-houses and bars around the city. During his association with the Toreador, Estelle. And his days backpacking, he’d grown into a relatively good pianist. He favoured swing and jazz numbers and his voice would surprise even the most cynical Toreador music critic.

The Cerulean was a hotel that stood in salute of the city of Chicago. Built after the riots of ‘96, it was a splendourous affair of polished marble, glass and gleaming brass fittings.

Finn had somehow managed to convince the hotel manager that it was a good idea to let him play in the main lobby. So Finn settled by the piano, his fingers dancing over the keys, creating symphonies and little lyrical eddies of music that lifted the spirits of any guest that walked by. He sang softly when the song insisted, and insistently when the song required him to be upbeat.

The Manager could only gleam at the young, strangely haired youth dressed in a suit that seemed to be talking to the piano as he played. His fingers signing out the dialogue his voice could not.

He brought his performance to a head with a soul stirring rendition of “You’re nobody till somebody loves you”, and stood to a raucous applause. He bowed, winking at the gathered women and shaking a few hands of their male counterparts before he heard it.

It was a voice he never expected to hear again. Nor was it a voice he wanted to hear again. Because it was a voice from his mortal life. And that, he feared, meant trouble.

He turned at the voice’s second cry.

[i:543b7c6f07]“John? It is you! Jesus man, where the hell have you been?”[/i:543b7c6f07]

He managed a smile, although smiling was the farthest thing from his mind. His brother. His mortal brother stood behind the crowd, he smiled back with an expression that was once joy and once relief.

[i:543b7c6f07]“Hi David.”[/i:543b7c6f07]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:29 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
[i:bb9407c7e6]"I say it only as a friend Tyler...we share similar interests you and I."[/i:bb9407c7e6] Pliney's greasy, practiced smile slid once more across his face, elongating his thin features to the point where he reminded Tyler of a circus clown in full make up. The waitress picked up their empty glasses and left the two alone once more in the bistro's most secluded corner. [i:bb9407c7e6]"I have always held you in respect."[/i:bb9407c7e6]

[i:bb9407c7e6]"I know you have Pliney. And I won't forget it."[/i:bb9407c7e6] The young Ventrue, most recent addition to the House of Venetti, nodded his weary head and leaned back in the seat.

[i:bb9407c7e6]"Capone's been pressing hard for you two to be dealt with...and to be quite honest the Elders don't have too much of a reason not to take his advice. Pushing this little competition out into the open might not have been the best..."[/i:bb9407c7e6]

Tyler's eyes narrowed, and he hissed angrily.

[i:bb9407c7e6]"I told you, I have NOTHING to do with Kincaid's being ashed. Nothing!"[/i:bb9407c7e6]

Pliney rose his hands in mock defense, his face drawing back into a feigned fear.

[i:bb9407c7e6]"Hey hey, I know you didn't! I'm just saying the feud's been made public...now any acts of illegal violence is immediately gonna draw suspicion from the uppity ups."[/i:bb9407c7e6] Pliney was an expert at manipulation, and even as they sat there, watching the rain soaked streets toy with the evening lights out the bistro's windows, Tyler was doing his damndest to fight off the subtle hints of Dominance and Majesty that the low level Ventrue was emitting.

[i:bb9407c7e6]"Well...thanks for the information Pliney. I'll keep in mind...nice seeing you again."[/i:bb9407c7e6] Tyler stood, now more exhausted than before. He tossed a few crumpled dollars down onto the table for his drinks and stepped outside and into the waiting car.

+++++++++++++++++++++

[i:bb9407c7e6]"So?"[/i:bb9407c7e6] Juan glanced in the review briefly before returning his eyes to the road, navigating his way through Chicago's downtown traffic. His employer and friend sat deflated in the backseat, head cradled in hand.

[i:bb9407c7e6]"So what?"[/i:bb9407c7e6]

[i:bb9407c7e6]"So what did Pliney say?"[/i:bb9407c7e6] Juan probed. One of Pliney's retainers had contacted him the evening after they had heard of Kincaid's death, informing him that Pliney Lucas, a rather influencial pimp and pusher, had useful information for Tyler.

[i:bb9407c7e6]"Exactly what I figured he would. Concern for my wellfare, the Elders are having a shitfit...you know."[/i:bb9407c7e6] Tyler sighed and stared at the passing cityscape, lit up now with Christmas' decorations.

[i:bb9407c7e6]"Well at least you've got one ally."[/i:bb9407c7e6] Juan offered.

[i:bb9407c7e6]"Bullshit. Pliney is a vulture. He thinks he smells a dying animal. He's trying to get close, but he's most DEFINATELY in Capone's pocket."[/i:bb9407c7e6] Tyler groaned and closed his eyes. Indira was royally pissed at the loss of one of her underlings, as inept and worthless as he had been. Even though Tyler had nothing to do with it, she understandably believed he did...and that was causing definate problems for the youth.

The heat was on, and now Tyler had two problems to deal with. His ever growing love for Indira, and her ever growing hatred for him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:02 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
(( [quote:9daa77a050="Finn"][b:9daa77a050]Life is just one damned thing after another...[/b:9daa77a050][/quote:9daa77a050]

no, dude, Life is the same damn thing over and over

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:01 am Reply with quote
[b:bf8da2f660]What a difference a day makes....[/b:bf8da2f660]

[i:bf8da2f660]“Where the hell were you, John? We thought you were dead! It’s been two years!”[/i:bf8da2f660]

Finn could only flinch in reply. [i:bf8da2f660] “Look...”[/i:bf8da2f660] He instinctively pulled his head back as David stepped through the crowd, as though expecting his brother to lash out.

But he didn’t. Finn forced himself to breathe as his younger brother threw his arms around him.

[i:bf8da2f660]“It’s great to see you, John! Nevermind about your reasons. Point is you’re here now! How are you bro? What have you been up to?”

“Let’s talk somewhere a bit quieter.”[/i:bf8da2f660]

----------------

Finn’s apartment was small, considering the money he was making off Nix. But it had everything he needed, plus a few extras he needed to maintain the masquerade. He offered David a cool beer, choosing to take one himself.

[i:bf8da2f660]“So? Spill. Two years is a long time man.”[/i:bf8da2f660]

[i:bf8da2f660]“You’re right. You were always right...”

“I’ve seen it all David. Fell in love with a great girl. You would have liked her I think....she died a year ago.”[/i:bf8da2f660] He paused briefly as though enforcing his emotions.

[i:bf8da2f660]“Her name was Tappy. Tapestry actually. Her parents were...unusual.”[/i:bf8da2f660] He smirked. If only David could know the truth.

[i:bf8da2f660]“Got in with a bad crowd. But I got out of it just as fast. I’ve changed alot David. More than you could realise.”

“You might have some weird-assed hairstyle going on. But you’re still my big brother, bro. I like your place, compact huh? You never were the hoarding type. I remember you always travelled light.”[/i:bf8da2f660]

Finn smiled slugging from his bottle.

[i:bf8da2f660]“Heh. Yeah, well carry the essentials bud. No need for anything else.”

“So this...Tapestry? She was someone special huh?”[/i:bf8da2f660]

Finn’s eyes must’ve looked downcast. Or his lip must’ve trembled. Either way, David noticed the change in mood.

[i:bf8da2f660]“Touchy subject. I’m sorry man.”[/i:bf8da2f660]

He placed a caring hand on Finn’s shoulder.

Finn cleared his throat, [i:bf8da2f660]“How’s mom, dad? They doing okay?”

“Dad’s quit his job. He’s okay though, just had enough of the stress. Mom, well mom’s mom. You know how she is.”[/i:bf8da2f660]

He did. It made him feel warm for the first time since Tapestry’s murder. An image of a hundred crows flying in close formation bore the warmth away.

[i:bf8da2f660]“Yeah I do.”

“They miss you like crazy, John. Just wait till I tell them I found you.”

“Don’t David. Least not yet. Alot’s going on right now. My new boss has me running all kinds of shit.”[/i:bf8da2f660]

David’s eyes narrowed with concern. [i:bf8da2f660]“You’re not into anything dangerous, are you?”[/i:bf8da2f660]

[i:bf8da2f660]“Since when was I ever?”[/i:bf8da2f660] Finn tried to break the awkwardness with a joke. But it didn’t work.

They sat up for most of the night before David caught a cab back to the hotel. They agreed to meet the next night, parting with a hug and a jokey punch on Finn’s arm.

As the cab pulled away, Finn’s heart sank.

He loved his brother. He loved his family. But he wasn’t John Finnigan anymore. John died three years ago, and was reborn into the night. His was a world full of danger, paranoia and threat. He couldn’t risk losing them to some rival’s vendetta. He couldn’t tell David the truth. Could he?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:33 am Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 44Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:03 am
[i:e344b3b48f][b:e344b3b48f]Until you may find redemption..[/b:e344b3b48f]

Have you ever been haunted by a terror, that even words may not illustrate? hunted by it day and night, such as a restless illusion. If not I envy you. As for myself, I've been cursed with a penance so foul, something unjustifiable, considering what I've done to deserve a punishment.

Destituted of my personality, to be more just, I should say MY personalities. Can you imagine, being stripped of your most valuable asset, [b:e344b3b48f]yourself[/b:e344b3b48f], to conclusively being replaced by an entity whom you despite with all your might and anger.

I am now trapped in my own body, with only my voice to convince this entity whom took my place, to convince it to [b:e344b3b48f]get the fuck away!![/b:e344b3b48f] To who I owe all of this? to this despicable fallen Prince, simply for pronouncing a mere hateful word? I'll have my vengeance, everything is eye for an eye, and when the time comes, I surely won't let it slip away.

Once I find my redemption, this entity will vanish, problem is, I have no idea who or what is the key to it.

My name is Carolane, and once I regain myself, HE will remember it....

----------------------------------

" Wake the fuck up... oh yes wake up deary " Spoke my inner selves to this despicable entity, we were lying in the middle of a desecrated alley.

" ugh those voices again, please make them stop " the entity replied, the wall sustaining her weight as she stood up while hearing our voices in her head, my damn head by the way.

" You're pissing me off doll face... oh yes me too! " I replied to her, this damnable entity, worst thing is she seemed to ignore us, bet your last dollar on it that I would hurt her so bad if I could.

" Leave me alone! I'm departing now and I wish not to hear a single word ever again! " it said to us.

" And where to shit-head!?... Carolane stop, or she'll just end up ignoring us... ugh fine.. "

" If I tell you, promise me you two will leave me alone " This entity said to us, hmmm perhaps I could work my way around that, so I agreed, for now..

" My sire Carolane has been murdered by the Camarilla, who I have no idea, but if I have to kill them all one by one to find out, I won't hesitate... "

" You stupid fuck! [b:e344b3b48f]I'M[/b:e344b3b48f] Carolane... yes [b:e344b3b48f]I am[/b:e344b3b48f] too!... and I'm most deffinately not your god-damn sire!!!! " Now THIS was irritating, the little thing got gifted with a false memory, the fallen prince sure did his job right..

Things would have been easier if my *paroles* would have been heard by everyone, but only this entity may hear it, that I've seen so far, and say she will walk around with my body, she better not get it damaged!

" My name's Coraline, deal with it... " Oh, and this entity has a name too? This is just getting me more angry!!

" Whatever... yes whatever... " We replied to her, as a cab passed by us... [/i:e344b3b48f]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:06 pm Reply with quote
((Wow!

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:18 pm Reply with quote
{Please note: I'm sorry for the poor quality of the following post. Really its terrible
The Cerulean was a dangerous place.
Posh wasn’t the word for it. Stuck-up-its-own-arse probably was. Polished marble, polished brass fixtures and fucking fittings, frosted glass bearing The Cerulean’s characteristic ‘C’. They all offered a twisted reflection to all but her. Hopefully, the patrons of the establishment weren’t perceptive enough to notice her lack of a mirror self. Hopefully.
Nix had been informed by a supplier that the elusive Ventrue, Indira Rodriguez, often frequented The Cerulean’s entertainment suite, its expensive bar drawing visiting business executives and the best of blood blue.
The entertainment hall was dark and cosy. The wooden tables that littered the floor were adorned with a single rose and candles.
Nix chose an inconspicuous table near to the back of the room ordered a whiskey, and melted into the shadows.

She didn’t have to wait long for Rodriguez to arrive. She recognised her immediately, the sophisticated black dress that hung to every curve and contour typical of her type. She was beautiful. Bitch.
Nix watched Rodriguez as she successfully worked the table, entertaining the three suits that sat with her. Nix wrinkled her nose as a chorus of laughter rose from the table. She disliked the woman. She stood for everything Nix opposed. Rodriguez had an air about her that attracted people to her. Like fleas to a mangy cat, they flocked to her and fed off her bringing her down. Down to Nix’s level.
A pianist started playing on the stage, the sound greeting her ears, she ignored. She focused on Rodriguez ignoring the musician. He wasn’t important. She was. To know your victim you must see them in every situation. Rodriguez was relaxed. And vulnerable.
Nix stood and made her way to Indira’s table, arriving behind her then leaning down to whisper in her ear.
“Hi,” Nix said, “I hear you are Miss. Rodriguez. You’re reputation proceeds you.”
Rodriguez looked up at Nix, her eyes wide in wonder. She ran her eyes over Nix’s lithe frame then grinned slightly.
“And you might be?”
“Phenix,” Nix said, taking the seat proffered by a suit.
Her soft brown lips formed into a small smiled. “Phenix,” she echoed.
------------------
It was only when the musician finished playing and bowed that she finally glanced at him.
She stood with the rest of the room and applauded the man bowing and winking on the stage.
Nix glanced uninterestedly at the stage, then stopped clapping in shock.
It was Finn.

-------------

The streetlight that betrayed her position flickered and dimmed by the sidewalk, as Finn and his companion came out of the apartment block - its shadow extending to hide her location. She watched as the two shared an embrace, then Finn’s mate gave him a friendly punch on the arm as a cab pulled beside them.
Nix gave an inaudible curse. Dawn was approaching, her new apartment was halfway across town and it wouldn’t do to have her caught by the deadly rays of the sun. She was pissed off, and annoyed. Mainly at Finn.
Finn shook his head as the taxi drove away. He looked troubled.
He made his way up the steps to the entrance of the block, opening the small door wide to enter the stairwell.
Knowing she couldn’t enter the building without a key, Nix tensed then followed, catching the door before it closed shut. She slid through the opening and closed the door quietly behind her.
She followed Finn up the stairs, sure he sensed her. But he wasn’t alert to her presence his thoughts on other matters. That served her well.
Nix knew that this was not an opportunity to be missed.
Finn didn’t trust her, that much was obvious. Perhaps she needed to take a step back.
Impression.
He had the wrong impression of her and therefore didn’t trust her. She’d over done it in the limo. She had enough shit on Finn to drop him in it, and that seemed to worry him. Nevermind.
He stopped at the third floor, taking out a key and placing it in the lock of a wooden door.
If she could stop him from closing the door of his apartment without him realising, he’d know what she could do.
He stepped through the door, then stopped and turned round.
Nix tensed and stood rigid.
“You can come in Nix,” he said, holding the door open.
Nix forced herself to laugh.
“Just testing,” she said leaving the shadows of the dim stairwell and walking towards the door.
It had backfired.
Finn grunted, unimpressed, holding the door open as she entered the apartment.
“So Finn,” she said, taking a seat. “I didn’t know you were a man’s man.”

Last edited by Nix on Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Finn grunted at her attempts to lighten the growing tension between them.

[i:a9f338c1d3]“What do you want, Nix?”[/i:a9f338c1d3]

She smiled her trademarked sarcastic grin and tilted her head.

[i:a9f338c1d3]“Woah there bird-boy,”[/i:a9f338c1d3] She knew Kahn’s pet name would ruffle a few feathers. She silently stifled a chuckle at her mind’s choice of thought and locked his gaze.

[i:a9f338c1d3]“I just thought I’d see how you were doing. Haven’t heard from you in a couple of days. Whatcha been up to?”[/i:a9f338c1d3]

The youngster pulled his fridge door open. He took out a bottle of beer, pulling it open as he butted the door closed with his hip.

[i:a9f338c1d3]“I’ve been laying low. Since the cock-up with Kincaid...well I figured it’d pay off if I stayed hidden for a bit.”[/i:a9f338c1d3]

[i:a9f338c1d3]“Hear you’ve been playing at the Cerulean...”

“Damnit! Am I your fucking toy or something? Aren’t I allowed to do anything without you knowing it?”[/i:a9f338c1d3] He slammed the bottle on the kitchen worktop, sending a foaming plume up and out over the formica surface.

Nix looked suitably surprised at the outburst.

[i:a9f338c1d3]“Hey! Easy tiger! Jesus what’s rattled your cage!?”

“You have, Phoebe.”[/i:a9f338c1d3]

Her eyes widened. How did he know her name? Noone knew her real name!

[i:a9f338c1d3]“You and your bullshit games. I’m sick of you having people tail me! I don’t fucking belong to you!”[/i:a9f338c1d3]

She wouldn’t reveal her shock. He mustn’t get the impression that he had something on her. Impression?

[i:a9f338c1d3]“No you don’t. But I thought we were friends?”

“You don’t have any friends, Nix. You have people you enjoy shitting on. But that’s not a friend.”

“Fuck you, Finn! I thought we were a team!”

“Save it, Nix. Save it for someone who cares.”[/i:a9f338c1d3]

He expected the slap. That helped him step forward, catching the blow before it could gather momentum. He pushed past her, stepping into the sitting room.

[i:a9f338c1d3]“Fine. You aren’t my friend. But you [b:a9f338c1d3]do[/b:a9f338c1d3] work for me. And that means something to me, even if it doesn’t to you.”[/i:a9f338c1d3] She was itching to ask who his visitor had been, but he had to volunteer that information himself. It was all about control, and right now Finn was in it.

[i:a9f338c1d3]“Why don’t you just ask who he is? I can smell the curiosity sweating out of you. You stink, Nix.”[/i:a9f338c1d3]

Damn. He was catching on.

[i:a9f338c1d3]“Well?”[/i:a9f338c1d3] He wasn’t going to give up easily. She almost gave in, then...

[i:a9f338c1d3]“Fuck off then. Keep secrets if you have to. I couldn’t care less.” [/i:a9f338c1d3]

The door slammed with a resounding crack. Nix was already on the street outside by the time Finn bothered to look up.

She slipped into the Mercedes SL, her feet crunching on the gas.

He’d slipped his reins. She had to find out why he was being so secretive. The Serpent had told her never to loosen the reins too much. Always to be in control. That was the key.

-----------------

Finn looked out over the streets as another day ended. His eyes seemed to swivel bird-like as he surveyed his pitiful domain. He caught glimpse of a rat just before it disappeared into the sewers through a drain. The image brought an idea into his mind.

[i:a9f338c1d3]Dig.[/i:a9f338c1d3]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:18 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
"[b:dff483c8dd][i:dff483c8dd]Enough foreplay, pup. Thy time is up.[/i:dff483c8dd][/b:dff483c8dd]"

[i:dff483c8dd]Kahn's subconciousness again found itself in this familiar position, feet dangling feet from the ground, lifted by a clawed, burly hand at his aching neck. He felt anger, then resignation as an unseen weapon, for he was always blind in these dreams, penetrated his unbeating heart and seemed to absorb his very soul. And then, already painlessly, he felt his body turn to ash and everything went a frustrated black.

That's where the recurring dream usually ended, but not this time.

He felt an overwhelming that seemed to expand until it became unbearable, like if he wanted to grow to human size while being inside an un-yielding aspiring pill. He wanted to scream but realized he had no throat, no mouth...no body. And then a blinding yellow flash and the painful restriction was lifted....and he felt his non-physical self hurling through the night sky, a thunderous boom behind him.[/i:dff483c8dd]

"I'M NOT DEAD!!!!"

Kahn's blood-sweat-covered figure sprang up from its resting place to a sitting position before the Ravnos could even remember having awoken. Had it been him screaming? He blinked and took in the familiar setting...not the foggy forest with the interminable trees, but the comfortable space in the back of Big Red.

Kahn sighed, relieved, and began to look around for a watch to tell him the time when an unexplicable urge made him look down, towards his neck. There, shining with an eerie bluish light, dangled the metal shard he seemingly always wore around his neck. The shard had done that once or twice before, usually when Kahn had been in the middle of a violent fight, but never with such intensity. Perplexed he grabeed the cool metal with two fingers and brought it up to his face. Before his eyes the eerie light began to fade until it dissapeared, replaced by the natural glinting of silver. A sudden flash of a huge explosion flooded his senses and was then gone as soon as it came, making Kahn wonder if it had even ever been there in the first place.

He shook his head, wanting to clear his thoughts up, and reminisced to the time when he had found the shard, in his short trip to Ireland a couple of years ago, a few weeks before his embrace. He had picked the glinting metal up from the busy streets of Dublin, thinking it could be of some value, at least to whomever had lost it. He had never really searched for a profit from it after that, but instead had found himself carrying it in his pocket where ever he went. A sort of good-luck charm maybe? No. Kahn had never believed in such superstitions. And it had been the very day of his embrace that Kahn had found the thin black leather lace that he tied around the shard and hung from his neck.

"What the hell [i:dff483c8dd]are[/i:dff483c8dd] you?" He muttered at the glinting metallic shard between his fingers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:41 pm Reply with quote
He dropped down the manhole. At first he could hear nothing but the rushing splash of water that had drained in from the streets, the slosh of his feet in the shallow stream of rainwater. Debris settling behind his feet, forming miniature islets in the oncoming current. But as his ears adjusted and started to segregate the various sounds, he was able to hear those hidden by his initial descent.

There were distant sounds, hidden in the aquatic discord, underlying the rush of water. Scratching and skittering noises that he presumed were rats. He turned creating a larger disruption in the water before walking off in the direction of the squeaks and rasps.

He walked for twenty to thirty minutes, passing various inlets that fed the underground river, before he came across a smaller tunnel than the one he walked along. It’s entrance blocked by piles of rotting wood and captured fragments of cloth and rag. He clawed at the barrier, heaving it aside before scrabbling through. Stumbling at the breach, before trudging on. Deeper, and now seemingly downwards, into the labyrinth.

He had no mnemonic map to follow, nor any drawn on paper. He didn’t know where he was going. But as he staggered on the rats seemed to protest more and more. Their distrust, their combined efforts had to mean he was drawing nearer, didn’t it?

He slid down a steep incline, landing badly in a pool that would have made the staunchest of men retch. But Finn was no man, not any more, and he’d smelled worse. He heaved himself to his feet, wiping a greasy smear from his face that could have been rotten food, but was more likely to have had far more repelling origins.

[i:7e38fea12d]“Hmmm tastes like shit.”[/i:7e38fea12d] He quietly amused himself as he spat the worst of it into the darkness.

[i:7e38fea12d]“It does? I always thought it tasted more like Mascarpone cheese.”[/i:7e38fea12d]

Finn whirled, his eyes shimmering as they grew to absorb what little light that permeated the blackness.

Crouched, holding what resembled a stuffed bear, was a small dark-faced figure. It smiled, revealing a row of knobbly, pointed teeth. Before it hawked phlegm into its once-white hand and seemed to smooth back its hair. The action added to the grotesque comedy of it all. Finn returned the smile. You should never look aggressive, especially in someone else’s turf.

[i:7e38fea12d]“You’re a long way from home, aren’t you? Who might you be? And what brings you down here?”[/i:7e38fea12d]

Finn nodded. [i:7e38fea12d]“Name’s Finn. I’m looking for the Warren-Lord. You him?”[/i:7e38fea12d]

The crouched figure stood, not that his height increased much by doing so. He started to giggle childishly.

[i:7e38fea12d]“Me? Hehe. Naw. I’m Guido. What business you got with the Warren-Lord?”[/i:7e38fea12d]

Finn stepped forward offering his hand.

[i:7e38fea12d]“I need help. And my Sire says if ever I need help, ask the Tunnel rats.”

“Who’s yer Sire then?”

“Porter, of Gangrel.”[/i:7e38fea12d] For once Finn’s identified his Sire with pride. Sometimes it paid to have an Ancient as a dad.

Guido’s eyes widened.

[i:7e38fea12d]“Porter eh? Well in that case, follow me. If you can.”[/i:7e38fea12d] Guido scrabbled out of the Pool Chamber. His feet finding purchase where Finn’s couldn’t.

Finn followed the stunted creature along tunnels his eyes had missed. Arches of buried streets rose around him. Exposed foundations created walkways over rusting steel. Tunnels carved into the bedrock dove away from the direction he was moving. He shuddered at the thought of what could have made them.

Guido paused, his tapering, flattened ears twitching as he raised his small head and sniffed. He waved an ape-like arm at Finn before waddling on.

Finn was in another world. An experience not new to him, true. But few Kindred would ever have the honour or the horror of entering a Nosferatu warren. His little guide hesitated again then there was a deafening silence. Any sounds of life ceased. Replaced by the sound of approaching feet.