<  USA  ~  A dark twist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:56 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 234Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:11 pm
Kathy's eyes began to itch as she pored over the book for what must have been the thousandth time. Her finely manicured nail trailing along the sentences as she read, looking for that one piece of information that would lead her to what she desired.

"Mistress?"
"what!!"

Tobias stepped back as she swivelled around in the chair and glowered at him.
"you are due at a party tonight to be given by Lady Fordone, in aid of the hospital fund......had you forgotten?"

He looked at the clock on her desk and then around at the cellar which over the past few months had begun to resemble a morgue rather that a studio for her artwork.
Books were strewn on worktops, once white doctors coats now lay scattered on backs of stools.

"No...I hadnt forgotten ...Im sorry....Just give me a few more minutes"

Her temper had grown sort with Tobias the past few nights and it pained her to see him flinch so as if he expected her to lash out at him.

"you need to feed too...your skin" his voice was distraught never had his mistress thrown herself into something so much, she was obsessed beyond control.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Kathy walked up the stairs and entered her haven, making sure the door was firmly shut behind her and that the wooden panel was securely in place.
All she wanted to do was rest, she had worked for 3 days and nights solid now, the lack of windows in the cellar meant that she was free from the harm of the suns rays.

As she walked down the corridor to her bedroom she heard Tobias talking to Gabriel and stopped to check her appearance in the mirror before she made her excuses for not been ready.

"gabe Im so sorry, I lost all track of time you know how these things are, but I promise I wont take forever to get changed"" she said as she walked elegantly into the room and over to his side, leaning down to kiss him lightly on his cheek.

He looked dressed for the part, as always, a simple deep blue suit worn with a tailored silk shirt and matching tie.
"you look good enough to eat" she smiled as she looked at him intently.
why she couldn't tell him what she was doing....she did not know, maybe deep down she knew he would be shocked and maybe even offended by what she was doing.

"Tobias has just been telling me all about your work, I do think its a very noble thing to do but really kay you must look after yourself" Gabriel looked at her closely, she did look very tired and drawn and her skin had lost the radiance that it usually had.

Kathy looked over to Tobias quickly " My work ?"

"yes at the hospital, your helping them raise funds, and putting more effort in than anyone else by the sound of it"

Kathy relaxed and smiled" well yes you know me I like to do my best, come talk to me while I get changed"

Kathy took Gabriel's hand and led him into her bedroom chatting away to him as normal as she disrobed and showered then changed into a long deep emerald dress, with a matching wrap.

Gabriel watched her and smiled as she quickly and effectively piled her auburn hair onto her head and secured it with pins, pausing only to pull a few tendrils of her hair out to hang down the side of her face.

"I told you I wouldn't be long"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
[i:633e926a1b]"I told you I wouldn't be long."[/i:633e926a1b] All at once the weary shell had been illuminated, and Kathy's radiance once again drove light into every nook and cranny of the decadent bedroom. Her beaming smile, plush red lips, her flowing figure that nearly drove a man wild, even a dead one.

All but her eyes. Her eyes still conveyed a look of fatigue, of defeat. Hidden behind the mascara and eye shadow lay pools of melancholy sorrow. Her counterpart, who stood idly by one of her mahoghany bookshelves flipping through a medical journal, did not seem to notice for the moment. He merely glanced up and smiled, allowing a brief nod as he did so.

[i:633e926a1b]"I never said you would be."[/i:633e926a1b] he set the medical journal back. [i:633e926a1b]"Besides, some things are well worth waiting for."[/i:633e926a1b] This sparked a bell like giggle from the primmed Toreador, as she walked to the double doors that served as the entrance way to the bedroom.

Gabriel lifted his evening coat from the chair and prepared to follow her out, glancing only momentarily into the bathroom to check if the light was out if nothing else. His eye was immediately drawn to a miniscule spot of blood on the previous dress she had been wearing that lay draped across the tile countertop. Kathy must've been hungry to spill blood on her clothes, which she often times valued more than all else.

As the dapper pair stepped into the humid Louisiana evening, the sounds of wildlife chirping in the far distance filled the air. The stars twinkled brilliantly, and Gabriel's breast was nearly brimming with joy. He had been away too long, and Kathy's resplendent company gave him cause for inward celebration. Still, the look in her eye concerned him somewhat.

[i:633e926a1b]"Kay..."[/i:633e926a1b] he offered once they were settled into the limousine. [i"I had no idea you were interested in medicine."[/i]

Kathy paused for a moment, the crystal flagon of vitae held in her hand. The limousine's mini-bar had been specially stocked tonight with all her preferred blood types and liquors. Even a prudent Toreador, with several lifetimes of social breeding and ediquette instilled within her could not resist the temptation.

[i:633e926a1b]"Medicine?"[/i:633e926a1b] she repeated, setting the flagon down and bringing a glass of pungeant vitae to her lips.

[i:633e926a1b]"Yes, in your room. You had several medical journals on the bookshelf near your bed."[/i:633e926a1b] He moved in closer, now pouring himself a glass of bourbon and vitae, the aroma nearly intoxicating him.

[i:633e926a1b]"Did I?"[/i:633e926a1b] she shot a wary eye up at him. [i:633e926a1b]"Hm...must've been Tobias' preferance. Many of those books are there mainly for show you know."[/i:633e926a1b] she dismissed the subject and turned her attention to the rapidly approaching lights of the city.

Even in the muggy, oppressive night the Kine swarmed the streets, drawn to Cascadia's vibrant, and as of lately notably safer, nightlife. This was a blessing and a curse for the Kindred, who often suffered from lack of sustenance on their normal hunting grounds. But on the other hand, the city was getting a fresh breath of life.

[i:633e926a1b]"Patrick."[/i:633e926a1b] Gabriel motioned to the driver, [i:633e926a1b]"Lightfoot please."[/i:633e926a1b]

Lightfoot was one of the newer restaurants in the area, but already it was gaining considerable popularity amongst Cascadia's upper crust. The food was exquisite, prepared gloriously from the finest chefs around the world, and of the bill reflected that. For Kathy, this was a chance to see the beautiful people, as she so often loved. For Gabriel, it was a night out with his beloved and a cheap one at that. After all, he was one of the owner's of the restaurant.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Lady Fordone was one of the most decandent kines that kathy had ever met . Maybe thats why she had warmed to her and agreed to help her raise much needed funds for the hospital, kathy could do no more than encourage her friends to frequent the parties and give generously to the cause, but it seemed that the mere fact that she did that put her in a most favourable light in high circles.

"why katherine my dear, Im so glad you could make it tonight" Lady Fordone's trill voice gushed as Gabriel and Kathy made their way through the crowd at Lighfoot's, the in place to be at the moment.

"and who is this?"

"this is Gabriel O' Brien, he has kindly agreed to let us use his restaurant tonight....free of charge of course,he is most understanding about the need to raise funds for the children's unit at the hospital, are you not Gabriel?"

Kathy grinned at him and nipped his arm as she saw the look on his face at her comment that there would be no charge.

"Of course I am and it is indeed a pleasure to meet you Lady Fordone, Kathy has spoken highly of you" he said as he took hand and kissed it lightly, his eyes looking at kathy and daring her to laugh.

"Oh quite a gentleman I see, It's nice to see someone with a bit of respect for the elderly"

Kathy nearly burst out laughing , but bit her lip and smiled sweetly.

"please excuse us Lady Fordone, but MR. O' Brien doesn't get out that much and he's eager to meet new people"

"Of course Dear, I hope to meet up with you both later on"

Kathy could feel sparks coming off Gabriel as she led him away into the crowd,smiling at people as she passed and pausing to make chit chat.

A smile crept across her face as she led him through the patio doors and she felt the night air on her pale skin.

"Kay! that was ......"
"shhhh! how else was I going to get you away from her! you would have bowled her over with your charm and that would have been it for the rest of the night, do you realise who is here tonight?"

Gabriel looked confused until kathy pointed back to where they had come from and started reeling off names.

"Thats the mayor, thats the superintendent of police, thats the head of the bank of cascadia....the list goes on, if you had known how many oppurtunities were here tonight I would have lost you to the crowd"

Gabriel's eyes lit up as he scanned the crowd putting names to faces.

"Dont you even think about it " Kathy glared as she saw his frace illuminate with the chance of making money.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
((oh ho ho! social hob-nobbing eh? hehe this should be good. will post tonight when i get home from work.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:31 pm Reply with quote
[i:6039d544d9]"But of course, it's not my place to say what one should and shouldn't do when dealing with customers, it all comes down to a man's ethics I suppose."[/i:6039d544d9] Gabriel added a slight disapproving frown which sealed the deal. The presence that oozed from his very being had already done it's job. The portly, older man whom he addressed nodded in agreement.

[i:6039d544d9]"Well Mr. Jenkins...I must admit, you've given me quite a bit to think about."[/i:6039d544d9] he said, in between tremendous bites of the sirloine he was wolfing down. Kimo Manjarrez was one of the top executives of the second largest steel corporation on the east coast.

True, he might not be calling the shots now, but like a budding plant with cultivation and some care he stood a good chance of one day replacing the aging and somewhat ineffective CEO that currently held title. Training lackies was one of the things the Ventrue did best, and Gabriel was certainly not about to be an exception.

The course of their current conversation had ranged across the board, but had loosely held close to two subjects. The first of couse, was the current status of the shipping contract Jerry's company held. Gabriel had known for some months now of their inreasing displeasure with their arrangement, and the time was growing near when a power change would occur and Mississippi Trading Co. could move in.

Of course he wasn't alone in the hunt. Several mortals had approached Mr. Manjarrez as well, but all had fallen flat to Gabriel's presence. The only adversary that could really hope to stand a chance was...

[i:6039d544d9]"Ah, Mr. Manjarrez...how wonderful to see you!"[i][/i:6039d544d9] the high pitched voice rung with mock pleasure. Oliver Rook stood over Gabriel's chair, extending a perfectly manicured hand which erupted from his immaculatly fitted suit. The new face of CAPs since Drain's departure was a tidy little snipet of a man with a flawlessly sculpted mustache that matched his flawlessly combed hair.

Of course Gabriel knew the truth. The Nosferatu was as slimy and foul as one could expect him to be, but his powers of obfuscate were well known. However the surest way to lose in political battles was to go head to head with a Ventrue.

Gabriel stood and prepared to subtley destroy any chance of Rook's success, now that he had gained Mr. Manjarrez's favor. Just as he began to speak, Kathy's beaming face emerged from the ladies room. Her makeup had been touched up and although it was hard to imagine, she was even more gorgeous and desirable than before.

She caught his eye and nearly let a disapproving frown purse her lips, but in the interest of social reparte (sp?) she fought the urge. Gabriel nodded and began to make his apologies and his exit from the table.

As he left he caught Mr. Rook's eye, which now glistened with impending success. The Ventrue merely held the eye contact for a moment before nodding and making his way back towards Kathy and their table.

[i:6039d544d9]"I hope I'm not inconviencing you with my presence here tonight."[/i:6039d544d9] Kathy said cheerfully enough, but Gabriel could sense the bitterness behind the statement. He wisely chose not to acknowledge it, but instead returned the jibe with a compliment.

[i:6039d544d9]"Of course not Kay, you're stunning. Simply stunning."[/i:6039d544d9] Kathy smiled slightly and began to browse the menu, no doubt looking for the bloodiest thing available. If she would have to cleanse herself of the meal later, then she might as well enjoy it now.

Gabriel cast a cautious glance across the room to where Manjarrez and Rook sat talking. The Nosferatu seemed to be growing increasingly distressed as the conversation continued. That was undoubtedly because of the manipulation the Gabriel had secretly cast. The brief eye contact they had held had been enough time for Gabriel to expell blood and change Rook's perception of the Ventrue.

When questioned about Gabriel, Rook could not help but shower him with glowing praise, much to his own distress. Mr. Manjarrez was buying into it of course, the effect of Gabriel's presence still fresh in his mind. What was perterbing Rook even more was the fact that when he analyzed his praise, he found that he had no choice but to agree. Of course, by the time he slunk back down to the warrens, his hatred would return, refreshed with new anger. But for now, he was doing Gabriel quite a service, albeit unwillingly.

Witholding a chuckle, Gabriel continued to watch as Rook's face nearly reverted to it's horrible reality. So upset by his actions was Rook, that he promptly excused himself from Mr. Manjarrez's table and stormed from the room pausing only to glower at Gabriel, who raised his glass of wine in response.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Kathy pushed the small pieces of almost raw steak around her plate while Lady fordone chatted to her about the how much the fundraising night had made and how pleased she was at the turnout.

"I must say katherine my dear, I doubt half of these people would be here if it wasn't for you passing the word around and influencing them to attend , The committee really do apreciate all the work youve put into tonight"

Kathy just smiled and nodded as she speared a piece of steak and popped it into her mouth delicately as she watched gabriel talking to the gentleman sat next to him, his face animated and almost alive as he spoke of investment plans.

He was her life and she was his, but for how much longer she mulled over the thought as she looked around the room.

She nearly choked as she saw him, his familar leather trousers had been changed for a more conservative suit and tie, and his hair gelled back.

"kay are you ok?" Gabriel looked in concern as she took a gulp of wine.
" what? oh yes of course...i should remember to chew my food more" she smiled at him as she slid her hand under the table to rest on his.

He leaned towards her and kissed her lightly on her cheek" quite , or maybe just stick to a liquid diet" he whispered into her ear.

She laughed as he did and smiled as he resumed his conversation, his hand still holding hers.

Kathy looked once more to where he had been. tables were been pushed back to clear a space for people who wished to dance, and waiters moved backwards and forwards making her search more difficult.

The band struck up and just as kathy had given up he was sat next to her, Lady fordone had gone to mingle a few minutes earlier, and he had quickly spotted his chance.

"suprised to see me? I told you I'd only be away a night...I take it this is your Gabriel?"

Kathy's face flushed with shock and anger, she had told him to keep away from her in public , especially when she was with gabriel.

"Pierre!!!! Ma cherie.....what a suprise! " she said as she throw her arms around his neck as she felt Gabriel's attention turning towards her.

"what a delight to see you after all these years, of course I would love to dance, Gabriel you dont mind do you ?"

Gabriel shook his head and smiled " of course not but perhaps an introduction may be ...."

His voice trailed off as she stood up and practically dragged the man to the dancefloor, paying no heed to Gabriels words.

"nice" he added to himself as he watched her.

"I dont know what you think you are doing here but I tell you this now you are going to leave as soon as this dance finishes, im in no mood for your childish games and you know the rules, you are never to be seen with me in public" she said through a false smile.

" I thought you would be glad to see me ....I even thought you could introduce me to Gabriel, now that would have been fun" he sneered as he whirled her around the makeshift dancefloor.

Kathy stopped and pushed him away as she glowered at him.
" I suggest you leave...now"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 5:24 pm Reply with quote
" now , now there's no need to let your temper get the better of you is there? really kathy you are starting to cause a scene and that just wont do ...will it ?"

Kathy looked around as she fought with her temper, he was right, people had heard her angry voice and were watching her intently.

Gabriel stood at the side of the room, if only to get a better view of what was going on, he had made his excuses and left the table he had been sat at. It was not like Kay to be so ill mannered at introducing people and he too watched as the pair seemed to argue, kay's eyes narrowing as she spoke.

The figure she spoke seemed to smirk at her words and Gabriel began to wonder why she hadn't rebuffed him by now.

"kay...what are you up to ...and who is that?" he muttered as he used his senses, he already knew that the guy was kindred, but something niggled at him. why wasn't they introduced?

His face turned from one of suspicion to near pure hate as he read the aura, the black outline should have given him an idea, but nothing had prepared him for what he saw.

"what the hell!"

Nerov felt the probes and turned to face gabriel as he cloaked his mind a sneer on his face.

"It seems your Gabriel has shown an interest in me"

Kathy whirled round to see Gabriel , his face stern and his eyes like ice staring.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:43 pm Reply with quote
((I had done a big long post but I lost it all due to me taking forever to submit it ...blame frank he kept distracting me :P lol

so here is the last bit .

Kathy sat on the balcony of Gabriel's haven, the thin negligee she wore blowing in the wind as she sipped a glass of red wine. It had been weeks since they had seen each other, the lovemaking between them had almost been primeval.

Kay touched the still open bites on her breasts and moaned as she thought of the way he had taken her, his animal instincts showing their true form.

Things between them were not perfect she longed to tell him and deep down she knew that he was suspicious, but his love for her would not let a mere inkling of an idea split them apart.

She had watched him talking on the phone earlier that night , he had thought he had been out of sight , but he hadn't. He could have been talking to any number of business acquinatances(sp? but deep down she knew he wasn't, he was on the trail and sooner or later she would get caught out.

"What you doing out here Baby?" his soft voice washed over her as he trailed his fingers along her arm and sat down on the chair opposite her.

" waiting for you to come sit with me and watch the sunrise " she whispered as she got up and sat on his knee, moaning as his arms engulfed her body and his teeth caressed her neck .

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:22 pm Reply with quote
As his teeth trailed the smooth skin of her neck, Gabriel could fully appreciate what Kathy provided him with. Only her company could sat his desire for blood, and replace it with longing and lust. The desire to be near her, to love her, and to have her return that love burned stronger even than the Curse of Caine. To see her satisfaction glowing in her cheeks as she slept peacefully, or to bask in the warm red glow of her skin after they had made love, had turned to the curse of immortality in a blessing.

[i:66465d2e32]"If we're to watch the sunrise together, I might need to get some sunscreen from inside."[/i:66465d2e32] she giggled, moving gracefully away from him and approaching the other end of the balcony. The wind whipped playfully with her evening gown, exposing all the parts of her he wished to cover with his tongue. [i:66465d2e32]"Well...if you want to be naughty then be naughty!"[/i:66465d2e32]

She smiled radiantly, as the she saw Gabriel's primal urges begin to rise to the surface. Here, only in her presence, could he drop his facade of collected coolness and finally allow his chained emotions to rage to the outside. He rose from the chair, allowing the glass of red wine to fall to the floor. It shattered, sparkling the air with bit of glistening glass and crimson wine.

The Ventrue rushed through it and brought his lips to the hers, slowly sliding the straps of the night gown from her supple shoulders and exposing the magnificence of her nude figure. For a moment he pulled away and simply stared at her beauty. As her hair, still curled from their evening out, bounced in soft tendrils down her back and at the base of her breasts, she was truly more brilliant than any potrait of Venus or Aphrodite. The soft curves of her body seemed to move all as one from her dignified yet soft smile to the forbidden depths of her sex. The Gods of old could not match her loveliness, and Gabriel doubted very much that anything in the modern world could either.

[i:66465d2e32]"You're not getting off that easily Gabriel...."[/i:66465d2e32] she growled, pulling his body back to hers as they two leaned against the railing of the balcony. He absently felt his robe being pulled from his body and the rush of cold air hit his skin. There in the early morning mists, the two made love before retiring to the bedroom to fall asleep once again in one another's arms.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Gabriel awoke to the collected chorus of crickets that heralded night's descent upon Cascadia. Immediately he was aware of Kathy's sleeping form next to his, and he gently placed a kiss upon her forehead. The time had seemingly slipped away he mused as he expended a small amount of blood to heal the various bite wounds that marked his body.

On the nightstand next to him lay Kathy's phone, Gabriel picked it up in search of the time.

"1 Missed Call"

Curiously he pressed the menu button to view the number. The familiar digits of Kathy's home address erupted onto the small emerald screen. Tobias was a loyal ghoul, but at times Gabriel doubted his competency.

The Ventrue stood from the bed, the phone still in hand, and padded softly towards the balcony. After replacing his robe, he strode out into the night air, dialing Kathy's haven as he did so. Better to let Kathy sleep than to wake her for some trivial matter.

The phone completed only one ring before being snatched from it's cradle.

[i:66465d2e32]"Well well...where've you been? I've something I think you'll want to see..."[/i:66465d2e32] the distinctively male voice answered. The depth of the voice and demeanor did not reflect Tobias' meager form. Gabriel immediately hung up and turned the phone off.

Glancing back through the balcony door, he could still see Kathy's sleeping form. His thoughts immediately turned to the dinner the previous night and the strange guest that had arrived. Now he was at Kathy's haven? What was going on?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Kathy's body tingled with the familar feeling she received when she had fed off Gabriel, every sinew seemed to sing and even before she was fully awake she smiled contentedly.

Her hand slid across the silk sheets of his bed to feel for his body and she opened her eyes as she felt nothing but the coldness where he had once lain.

" Gabe?" she muttered sleepily as she sat up and looked around for any sign of him, her fingers touching the now fading bites on her breasts.

Her face turned into a frown as she listened and heard nothing, she had expected to hear the noise of the shower or at least the muffled sound of the computer keys as he attended to his business.

May be she had slept far too late, after last night she wouldn't be suprised and she moaned softly as she felt herself tingling as she thought of the way she had brought him alive last night.

Kathy got up and padded across the carpet, her feet sinking into the lush pile that she had so insisted that he buy for the bedroom. As she walked she slipped on a pair of thongs, hopping along as she then fluffed her hair up, out of habit rather than sheer vanity.

As she stepped out onto the balcony she saw him , he was sat bolt upright in the wicker chair, not his usual stance of a morning which was sitting with his feet up on the table , his mobile cupped to his ear as he read the papers.

There was no mobile or paper this morning and Kathy knew something was wrong, the air around him seemed almost volatile and athought she longed to hug him and help him sort out whatever was wrong with his business matters, she sensed that this was not about that at all.

Her foot took as step back into the bedroom, better to leave him be a while she thought as she turned towards the bathroom.

" Kay my love, where do you think your sneeking off to ?"

He was by her side before she could even blink, his gown hanging loosely around his thin but very appealing torso.

" nowhere at all baby, you looked like you were deep in thought and I was reluctant to disturb you"

His arms encircled her waist and he pulled her to him hard, crushing her breasts aginst his chest.

" oh believe me you will never disturb me, never think that kay" he said before he kissed her hard.

" gabriel, really" she gasped as he playfully picked her up in his arms and dropped her onto the bed, the soft eiderdown mattress breaking her fall.

" I'd love to stay and play Kay, but...."

" yes I know business, me too, I have many things to keep me busy" she smiled as she watched him walk away from her.

" by the way, you have a missed call on your phone, here catch"
He said as he walked into the bathroom.

Kathy caught the phone and touched the dials quickly.

It would have been Tobias she thought as she hit the fast dial key and cupped the phone against her shoulder as she slipped her negligee on.

" Are you going to at least talk this time? It was most rude of you when you called not to even say hi"

Kathy gulped involuntarily before she spoke.

" last time? when was that?"

" about 20 minutes ago I should think, Kathy you should see what Ive got for you" Nerov gushed as he knew damn well by the tone in her voice that it had not been her that had returned his call.

Gabriel had declined the lift that Kathy had offered him, as much as he loved her Duccatti bike, once on it they never actually got to where they intended to go to. He had missed many a meeting because once on the bike she seemed reluctant to stop until they were at some remote restaurant or even in the forest that adorned the hills surrounding cascadia.

He wasn't complaining though, had grown used to Kathy's spontaneous gestures, It was part of her nature and one of the reasons he loved her so.

The phone call had irked him somewhat and as he sat in his office he mulled over what to do .

Kathy had stormed into her haven like a tornado, knocking vases flying off their pedestals as she shouted his name.
" Nerov!"

Tobias stood at the top of the stairs and merely nodded downstairs, her dare not meet his mistresses eyes he could feel the anger coming off her even before she had entered the haven .

As she strode towards him she flung her helmet against the mirror and he watched as it shattered into a million pieces, each one of them reflecting his mistresses temper.

" whatever you hear stay away do you hear Tobias? let noone in neither, I will not have him meddling in my personal life" she whispered almost ferally as she passed him.

" his been awake all day mistress, the noises were....were inhuman"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:43 pm Reply with quote
The corridor was so quiet he could hear the faint buzz of the telephone as it took a message. Nerov put his watch back in his white doctor’s coat and stepped softly from his place of concealment.

His target was in room 13 and he supressed a chuckle as he muttered “ lucky for some”.

He had tired off working with dead corpse, reanimating them was tiring and was really no fun where as this would be so much more better. he had chosen very carefully who would be his victim, Tanya was been expelled from high school and her and the boyfriend where both appearing in court in a few days time for possession of cocaine.
Nerov already had the boyfriend, he was easy to take out, a promise of a free hit soon led him to let his shields down , Nerov had nodded and sympathised over the youngsters plight, agreeing with him that the system sucked.

After planting the idea that they could perhaps run away together and perhaps he could indeed help them both to at least escape the city boundaries.Mark had been only too willing to step into the car, Kathy would no doubt go ballistic that he had borrowed with it but how else was he supposed to transport bodies about for gods sake.

Mark had hurriedly packed his clothes into a holdall, and ran back to nerov who waited patiently outside marks flat, now came the easy part thought Nerov.

The body would never be found, he had made sure of that and now for the prize, If Tanya went missing alone there would have been an investigation no doubt and that would have been no good at all. So for all appearances now.....the two young lovers had ran away from the authorities, never to be seen again.

Tanya was in a rehabilation clinic, pushed by force into there by her strict parents, in the hope that it would be looked favourably upon by the courts.

He paused at the door focusing his attention. The soft sound of her breath falling and rising was the only sound he heard and content that she was in a deep sleep he pushed the door open and stepped inside.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:19 pm Reply with quote
The gaudy double doors that Kathy had brought in from Paris were amongst the only items in the front foyer that had survived the explosive wrath of the Toreador. Even now, as William, Ringo, and a very nervous Tobias surveyed the damage, the youthful ghoul was in shock of his the extent to which his mistress had exacted her rage upon the interior of the haven.

The shattered glass had been swept away and most of the broken debris thrown in the trash, but large nail marks and distinctly feminine size fist holes marked the walls. To William and Ringo it was a fairly common enough site. As two of the only Cainite-friendly interior decorators in Cascadia, they were subject to this type of wreckage fairly often. The hot blood of Caine held the potential for tantrums of this magnitude that was very often unstoppable.

But the common Gangrel or Brujah had no qualms about claw marks streaking their walls. Most of their customers were high end society and that meant they were free to charge as high as they could imagine. For a vampire who had eternity to live in their haven, a few thousand dollars could be spent for comfort. Tobias shifted uncomfortably again.

[i:c243c770a1]"S...so do you think you can fix it?"[/i:c243c770a1] he seemed especially jittery, even for a ghoul. Ringo stood from the spot where he had been examining the claw marks.

[i:c243c770a1]"Most certainly we can. William and I can make this room more beautiful than it ever was."[/i:c243c770a1] he smiled broadly. [i:c243c770a1]"You say she was a fan of French decor?"[/i:c243c770a1]

[i:c243c770a1]"Uh...yes. But only antiques."[/i:c243c770a1] Tobias stuttered, taking a protective step towards the basement.

[i:c243c770a1]"Well obviously."[/i:c243c770a1] William stated regally, glancing out the front window. [i:c243c770a1]"This really shouldn't be a problem."[/i:c243c770a1]

The two set to work immediately, taking measurements and photos. As they were just beginning to discuss a layout, Tobias' cellphone chirped merrily from his suit pocket. Excusing himself from the room, Tobias took the phonecall only to return suitably more perturbed.

[i:c243c770a1]"I..I have to go. One of madam's businesses has lost an account...but for God's sake why...?"[/i:c243c770a1] he murmured more to himself than to the two dainty men who stood blankly in the foyer. He quickly turned his attention back to them. [i:c243c770a1]"Will you two be okay?"[/i:c243c770a1]

[i:c243c770a1]"Tobias,"[/i:c243c770a1] Ringo said soothingly, draping an arm around Tobias and walking him towards the door. [i:c243c770a1]"William and I are professionals. You go tend to Ms. Belvadere's business. We'll have this figured out and be gone before you return."[/i:c243c770a1]

Tobias agreed shakily and departed, leaving Ringo and William to their own means. The two erupted into activity, scowering through the bookcases and drawers, meticulously replacing each item they shifted.

[i:c243c770a1]"Anything?"[/i:c243c770a1] William called as he replaced a scrapbook of early German literature Kathy had apparently kept as a coffee table discussion piece.

[i:c243c770a1]"Nothing."[/i:c243c770a1] Ringo replied. [i:c243c770a1]"Did Mr. O'Brien specify what types of items we were to look for?"[/i:c243c770a1]

[i:c243c770a1]"Anything to do with another man...anything intimate."[/i:c243c770a1]

[i:c243c770a1]"Well this is like looking for a needle in..."[/i:c243c770a1] A high cackle cut Ringo short, and both men immediately looked towards the basement doorway.

[i:c243c770a1]"Hello...."[/i:c243c770a1] Ringo cooed as the two approached.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Nerov had been that engrossed in his work that he never heard her advancing quickly down the stairs. Which was maybe for the best for if he had seen the look of anger on her usually serene face, he would have known that the blow he was about to receive would hurt like hell.

He didnt even have time to defend himself, she had simply apprached him from behind and grabbed his shoulders roughly and picked him up of his stool and hurled him across the room.

"Bastard......I told you ..........no contact with me when Im out with Gabriel, you seem to have a problem with the word no!"

The words spewed from her mouth as she picked him up and pinned him against the wall, her nails digging into his flesh, a look of sheer comtempt on her face.

"Really Kathy, have you got out of the wrong side of your coffin this evening" he smirked .

"Dont make light of this Nerov...." she stopped and watched in horror as a strip of his skin began to wrap itself around one of her fingers.

"Now are you going to calm down....or shall I continue?"

Kathy flinched as she felt something against her legs and as she looked down flaps of his skin started encircling her legs, wrapping them together tight.

"Enough! Make it stop!" she recoiled from him in horror and sat down hard on the stool.
He cackled as he retracted his skin and healed his body.
The gouges on his face that she had caused with her nails disappeared and he straightened his shirt before walking towards her.

" you can never hurt me.....make sure you never forget that or next time....who knows what will happen...." he leaned close to her face and whispered into her ear.

She pushed him away as she stood up, her eyes narrowing as he spoke.

"this has to stop, Ive got too much to lose, most importantly Gabriel, he suspects something I know he does and if he found out about you.....Im afraid he wouldnt be very understanding"

"Oh no .....I wont let this stop now....weve come too far , Gabriel will never find out , trust me on that one"

"I have something to show you" he whispered as he walked passed her.

Kathy watched him as he walked to a table that was shrouded in a sheet.

"This will make you smile.." he pulled back the sheet to reveal the body of a young woman, her pale alabaster skin seemed to glow in the fluruscent lighting of the cellar, kathy frowned....it was a body much like the others that they had acquired, this one looked much fresher though and then kathy started to moan loudly as she saw what he had done.

Alongside of the table stood a wooden bench and lined up were 5 large specimen jars, he had placed her heart, lungs, liver, kidneys and brain in them, and then effectively hooked them up to her body with electrodes.

They had tried the door and had been frustrated to find it locked, as they were about to walk away from it they heard voices and they both listened intently.

"oh dear....whos going to be the one to tell Mr. O' Brien?"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:18 pm Reply with quote
"This isn't ....this isn't what I wanted and you know that" kathy rifled thorugh the pieces of paper that were strewn on the desk, until she found what she was looking for.

"I made it perfectly clear to you what I wanted, and you promised me you could deliver the goods! I gave you strict instructions....noone was to lose their lives, for gods sake the city is overrun with officials at the moment....do you realise the risk Im taking harbouring you here? and then you go do something inhuman like this!"

"But kathy....we are inhuman...we are the living dead.....as for the justicars and the like....do you think Im scared of them? they are feeble underdogs, only interested in their own well being"
he smirked at her as he prodded the girls brain and chuckled as her mouth opened and a gurgle rose in her throat.

"stop that! I told you what I wanted, and this is not it!, I simply asked for a column of human parts, for all intents and purposes it resembles stone, but once a drop of blood is dripped on it, it becomes animated for a short time......you have the knowledge of your clan to make that possible, but instead you give me this abonamation(sp?"

Kathy thrust the drawing she had been striving to bring a live for months into his face as she approached the girl.

"this is all wrong.....you cant do this to people, its vile"

Kathy's face was full of sorrow and pain as she touched the young girls face " she's so young.....she had her whole life ahead of her, and youve taken it away from her, she will never bear children or now how it is to watch her family growing up!

"Oh please! enough of the dramatics, do you not kill to feed? please dont tell me you feed on rats" Nerov said in a mocking tone.

"I feed to survive, simple as that!" she yelled at him as she brushed a lock of hair from the girls face.

"yeah right....well whats done is done .....no point in crying about it is there ?"

Kathy strode towards the stairs.

"you cant leave her like this....Im off to get something to help her pass away without anymore pain and humilation"

"over my undead body" he whispered as she practically ran up the stairs.

Offline Profile