<  Dusty Books  ~  Waking to Darkness, Pandemonia... Silence....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:29 pm
Echo lay silent beneath the cold confines of the abandoned club.... days, weeks, months passed unnoticed, until a child's voice....

"Wake up Echo... echo...echo..."

His hand rose against the lid of his coffin, which flew aside. Dust billowed out in massive clouds, displaced by the massive piece of wood. a single thought raced through his mind (how long... how long... how long... how long...)

"ECHO! WAKE UP!"

The madness forced his tongue to repeat the words unabated. "ECHO!.. echo!... Wake up! wake up! up.. up.. up..."

Echo rose from the coffin and spun around, looking for the source of the voice. It was nowhere. nowhere. It was.. IN HIS HEAD. Was this a new madness? Or something else.... no.. the child's voice was somehow familiar.

"yoU havE worK tO dooOO"

"work to do... to do.. do.. do..."

The child's laughter filled the room, and as it did, the terrifying realization filled every centimeter of his body... and he screamed. this was the same laughter that had driven him to torpor. The Malkavian clawed at his face, his blood running down his arms as he did, screaming.

"Must.. f-find the k-key.. key.. key..."

The laughter faded.. and was gone.

Echo walked out into the streets of Cascadia, the hunger burning in his veins. He spotted a homeless woman pushing a shopping cart towards him, and slipped into the alleyway, waiting for her to pass.

He took her effortlessly, Quenching his thirst. The Malkavian regained control too late, and the woman fell lifeless. Panic filled his mind as he scanned his surroundings for a place to dispose of the body.

A Manhole...

As he lifted the manhole cover, he thought he heard the child's laughter again. He turned, and the body was gone. Echoe screamed, screamed again, and ran into the night, searching for a certain ventrue with a certain key.....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:37 am Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
Hey echo, great to see you back

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:38 am Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
Hey echo, great to see you back

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:40 am Reply with quote
Good to be back... Good to be back..

here is my invite to all who wish to jump into this storyline... sofar I'm running through cascadia.. away from my great grandsire's great grandsire (who probably isn't around)... with blood streaming down my face. hands and arms covered in blood (this is what I get for clawing at my face)

pretty picture, huh?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:11 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 71Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:00 pm
(( ECHO!!!!!!! GREAT to see you back hun!!!!!!

"The courage of the Blue... The valour of the Grey."
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:36 am Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
(( Welcome back man :) ))

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:49 am Reply with quote
His pace slows... his eyes dart across the dark city.. looking for any familiar face...

Echo darts into a dark alley and obfuscates himself upon seeing a pedestrian in red, the uniform color of the hunters that sent his sire to final death. The child's laughter Echoes in his mind... 'You will find me that key key... wont you scaredy echo.. echo.. echo?" The laughter increases in volume.

"Must find the key.. key.. key..."

"NO! RED ONES! BLUE ONES! YELLOW! FRAG A MAGGOT!!" Echo clutches his head and screams. "NO! NO! THEY WONT FIND ME!!"

The pedestrian turns as the malkavian rushes past him, then scratches his head, having seen nothing. 'gotta check my meds.. I'm hearing things again'.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Mark stepped out from the shadows and into the residential park. He strode silently and confidently with a single purpose as he approached the large ornamental fountain. Kneeling down his leather trench coat draped over his body like a black sea.

Bowing hi head forward Mark unhooked the chain necklace from around his neck. Weighing it in his hand he casually examined engraved the medallion. Placing it on the side of the fountain he smoothly rose and gazed into the darkness.

His eyes narrowed and determined look crossed his face.
“The key…”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:44 am Reply with quote
Pandemonia's sweet voice rang in Mark's ears...

"The one you call Echo has risen from his sleep.. You WILL help him find the key, no?"

Mark Archer turned to see where the voice had come from... But No. No One was nearby.

"There is a Torrie-Ha you want to play with... you will find her on the front page...."

Mark clutched his head and SCREAMED. It was as if every inch of his mind were in a tightening vice grip, The pain beautiful and exhilerating. Then the pain subsided.

Mark Grinned. Yes. A new friend to prank. He only hoped she had done something worthy of pranking... Now it was time to think of a really good prank.

Mark gazed thoughtfully into the water....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:49 pm
((Bravo! A peek into the mind of the mental :D

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:24 am Reply with quote
Sometime later, Echoe found himself in a cell in the Prince's dungeon with nothing to to but sit... and think.

He thought about the girl he had followed the night he had awakened. he thought about the rage that swelled up inside of him when he watched her kill those boys in the pizza parlor. there must still have been some humanity left inside of him....

He thought about the apartment she had been living in, and the Bum she had staying there. Did she intend to ghoul him, or was she just letting him know of her nature in defiance of the Camarrilla laws?

He thought about the twins.. why were they always following him? what did they want? Something about a key. Get the key. Gabriel has a key. He would have to talk to Gabriel about it, whenever he got out of here. If he ever got out of here.

He thought about what he had done to get into this place. Why was he in this place? He remembered running from the girl's apartment. He remembered waking up beneath the old battered Elysium. The place was ruined.. why had he gone there? He remembered seeing Mark show up with the girl.... something happened there.. two other vampires showed up, and an alligator. Then the Twins came. The Twins.

The twins came and then they were in his haven after dawn, and the twins were gone. Where did the time go? Did the twins take it? It was just he and Mark... and the girl. The girl was throwing things... breaking things that were already broken. He would find a new haven after he got out of this place... If he got out of this place. People knew where that place was. Too many people from the looks of the Place.

The girl was clearly a danger and threat to all kindred in the city, so they brought her to Valek. But she told Valek a lie. And now he was here. Mark had been here. But Mark left. Now, alone here... he sat, rocked, and continued to think.

When he got out of here, the girl would be tortured. Hopefully, she was already being tortured. The twins might be looking for the girl. Maybe they were already torturing her. Maybe they had destroyed her. No... she was safe. He was sure.

Echoe screamed.
Echoe held his head and screamed. and screamed. he screamed from anger, from frustration, from confusion. no tea in the last year and a half and he just had to SCREAM.

[size=24:7d379c53ba]"GABRIEL!!!!!!!!"[/size:7d379c53ba]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
((nice post Echo oh yea there is so much more fun to come with [i:9e90fe92c7]the girl[/i:9e90fe92c7] just wait :roll: ))