<  Dusty Books  ~  Learning The Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:29 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
"No, don't worry.. you look fi..."

-fi.. fi.. fi..

In the spark of an instant, Mark Archer stopped dead in his tracks, frozen with fear.

Two feet before him stood a pair of children, one boy and one girl, who appeared not to be more than six years of age. The little girl looked innocently into Mark's eyes. The boy remained silent, his vacant eyes staring at nothing.

"Daddy? are we taking our new friend to the clubhouse?" The little girl smiled sweetly and batted her little eyes.

-clubhouse.. house.. house...

Pandemonia communicated telepathically with her brother... (brother we should stop them from seeing the prince tonite, won't that be a fun trick? Oh yes, yes sister, wont he be curious?)

Cabot attempted a step forward towards the children, but instead found himself frozen in time, unable to move, an expression of terror covering his face. the Boy's voice filled his mind. (now we dont want to try anything silly now do we joey... no no no... if we try anything silly we might be forced to tear our faces off, and we dont want to tear our faces off, now do we joey?)

Hermonie and her alligator are also frozen in time, apparently oblivious to the newest turn of events.

"Oh! The clubhouse! Of course sweetie! We.. should all go to the clubhose! We should go there on the way to see the prince!" Mark pretended to check his wristwatch. "Yep! there should be plenty of time to show her our clubhouse..."

-Clubhouse... house... house...

The thinblood looked around the room, Oblivious to why one so powerful as Mark should show fear before two apparently harmless children. "Sir, where did your friend go?"

-Friend go.. friend go.. go...

"Is there an echo in here?"

-Echo in here.. in here.. here.. here...

Mark ignored her and spoke to the little girl. "Of course! Lets go then!"

Pandemonia snapped her little fingers and space seemed to swirl around them. A moment later, they found themselves in an abandoned nightclub, which Mark recognized as Echo's haven. A sigh of relief escaped Mark's mouth. The twins were nowhere in sight.

As Time resumed at the old elysium, Hermonie looked to Joseph.

"What happened? Where did they go?"

Joseph only babbled incoherently and pulled at his ear, occasionally clawing at his face.
((Dont worry Joseph.. the effect only brings 24 hours of raving lunacy, then you'll be back to your normal self))

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:01 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
Arial looked around what the children called the "Club House", the old abandon nightclub still lingered with the stinch of of old alcohol, even sents of recent sex from prostitutes conducting there nightly business in here. Arial looked for the children, even though they were out of sight she could still sense there presents.

Arial turned to Mark who appeared to be searching for someone or something.

-Arial-" You know trying to keep this meeting from the Prince, young ones will not be funny at all not to any of us. Yes I did hear you, I hear and see everything. It did not take me becoming a vampire to earn this gift it has been with from the first day of my mortal life. Im sure after Mark takes us to meet Valek we can come back her and play...."

Arial approached Mark places her hands on his shoulders

-Arial-" We can play lots of fun games I know, for young children, and then maybe some nice adult games for grown up childern like your daddy."

Arial reached in her coat pocket and pulled a deck of cards, and begain to shuffel them in one hand and in the same motion cut the deck flipping over the card. It was the Tower card of the tarott deck.

-Arial-" Do you know what this card means, this is are future if we do not arive to meeting soon. The tower card, is the symbol of change, mainly in ones life, destruction, or even more bluntly our destruction. If this card comes to pass there will be no more games for any of us. Come Mark let us go I promise there will much fun after the meeting."

Arial smiled suductivily, licking her lips with the tip of her tounge gently grabbing Marks and and placeing it over her breast where her heart began to beat.

-Arial- "My heart is not the only organ I can activate from my dead condition."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:24 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
((really difficult to hear the twins telepathic conversations as they are 4th gen, and VERY old.. unless you have help from cain himself.. even then youd need malkav's help to decypher it))

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:26 am Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
The next night joseph awoke in a padded room, weaing a straight jacket. Joseph whispered a few words and was immediatly transported to the Cascadian Chantry. Upon arival he collapsed to the floor, he fell to torpor.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:43 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:29 pm
Echo knew his haven had been trashed while he was in torpor... but he had not taken the time to see just how trashed it had been. Mortals had used this as their playground. They would return. He would rid himself of them.. by whatever means necessary.

From his place in shadow he watched Ariel and Mark, nervously. This was the girl from the apartment he had been in last night.... the memory was coming back to him.

"You know trying to keep this meeting from the Prince, young ones will not be funny at all not to any of us. Yes I did hear you, I hear and see everything. It did not take me becoming a vampire to earn this gift it has been with from the first day of my mortal life. Im sure after Mark takes us to meet Valek we can come back her and play...."

Her words seemed to bounce off the walls. "back here and play... and play... play.. play..."

"We can play lots of fun games I know, for young children, and then maybe some nice adult games for grown up childern like your daddy."

-Like your daddy... your daddy... daddy.. daddy...

"Do you know what this card means, this is are future if we do not arive to meeting soon. The tower card, is the symbol of change, mainly in ones life, destruction, or even more bluntly our destruction. If this card comes to pass there will be no more games for any of us. Come Mark let us go I promise there will much fun after the meeting."

-After the meeting... the meeting.. meeting... eating... beating...

"My heart is not the only organ I can activate from my dead condition."

-condition... condition... dition... shun...

Mark seemed nothing but cold to her touch... and she wondered whether he was capable of romantic involvement with a woman. The echo in here was quite disturbing, and made her even more uncomfortable and eager to leave this place. the sound was her voice.. there was no mistake in that... but somehow it seemed warped... the words, changed.

Suddenly her own voice seemed to come from everywhere except her own mouth.

"You know... this meeting... not funny at all... funny to us... I hear and see everything... and see everything... everything... play... play... play..."

"We can play lots of fun games... lot of fun games... fun games... grown up childern... children... "

She spun around... tring to find any indication someone was in here besides her and Mark. Mark offered no support, but only laughed, looking at the battered clock above the bar.. which was still ticking. Looking around the room she saw all kinds of tarot cards, broken runes, inscenses, candles amid the debris. She took particular nocice of the only card face up. The Hanged Man.

"Do you know what this card means... Card means... This is our future... future... your future... we do not arive to the meeting... the meeting... symbol of destruction... destruction...destruction... bluntly... much fun after the beating... beating... beating..."

Mark kept laughing at the clock. She still hadnt looked... only heard it ticking out her impending doom.

"My dead condition.... condition..."

She took one last glance at Mark.. still laughing at the clock...

"I CAN"T TAKE IT HERE!! F-you! I'm going!"

She ran for the door.. which seemed boarded shut, and manages to force it open. Broad daylight. daylight. She heard screaming from behind her.. someone shouting "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!" and just as she felt the rays of sun burning against her flesh.. someone yanked her back inside, and the heavy door slammed itself shut. Darkness again.

Mark looked down at her. "You aren't going anywhere."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:09 am Reply with quote
User avatarBone FlowerPosts: 0Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:40 am
She walks around the building.
"This used to be a hot spot?", she says, running her hand along the table.
Snappy follows close behind her. He hisses as she walks by Arial. Hermonie hisses back.
"So who are you, and why do you find yourself in this hovel? I mean, those such as you,", she says pointing at both Arial and Mark,"what pleasure would you find in this?"
She gestures with her hand refering to the whole room.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
Arial now even more angery that her time is being wasted, and quit frankly was getting board with the scene and began to scream at Mark.

-Arial-"Im tired of you wasting my time if you would like to keep our agreement then I suggest you take me to see Valek NOW GOD DAMN IT! or else I will not step forth to save your life as I have know your unlife ends after tonight. I and only I can save you. If you do not believe me then continue to play your silly little game and come tomarow eve, you will not be around. I can promise you that."

Arial turned her back to Mark, and saw the gator girl approaching them.

-Hermonie-[i:bfc1e0f2e9]"This used to be a hot spot?", she says, running her hand along the table.
Snappy follows close behind her. He hisses as she walks by Arial. Hermonie hisses back.
"So who are you, and why do you find yourself in this hovel? I mean, those such as you,", she says pointing at both Arial and Mark,"what pleasure would you find in this?"
She gestures with her hand refering to the whole room.[/i:bfc1e0f2e9]

-Arial-"What am I doing here appearntly wasting my time with someone that is becoming more and more worthless to me as the seconds past."

Arial then went and waited by the door for Mark or anyone to take her to Valek.

((sorry it was short post but here is an image of Arial and Mark in the wearhouse.))
[url]http://dark_raven22.tripod.com/Arial_Mark.html[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:47 am Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
(( Very nice posts everyone, nice work on the image Arial :) , gonna add on this thread tomorrow ! :) ))

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:38 am Reply with quote
Mark grabbed a hold of Arial’s shoulder as he spun her around to face him. He frowned heavily as he looked deeply into her eyes. A little laugh escaped his lips as he shook his head from side to side in a amused fashion.

“Listen you rank little amateur do you think that your childlike visions will summon up enough detail to get me so scared that I will bend to become your servant? You have much to learn about the powers of my kind.”

He released his grip in a rough fashion as he loomed over her with anger shown in his voice “Your not the only one who can see what’s to come. If you walk out that door and leave now I guarantee you will suffer more pain that you can imagine. Torture so delightful that a part of you will crave for it; harder! Faster! More! But your body will be destroyed and so will your soul.”

Loosening up a bit Mark smiled and straightened a few creases in his collar. “Do you think this is my game? There are creatures here more powerful than even I or the most powerful kindred in this city. If we are to survive then I suggest… YOU DON’T SCREAM AT ME!!!”

Mark let out a heavy sigh “But you know sure if you like lemons then go play with your doll’s but I’m not into that yet.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:19 pm Reply with quote
The wind whipped around the lone figure as he stood in the entrance of what had probably never been a very nice place to live or at least that was the impression of it now. The smell of sick and urine wafted up from the lobby, as the man walked in to get of the street. The whether was getting worse and it looked like the storm would have to blow itself out. As Kaydian stepped over the unconscious figure of a heroine addicted that had over dosed and nobody had even been bothered to help. Life was cheap on the streets, if you wanted to be someone you had to have money. Homeless junkies were two a dozen that was what made it so easy for kindred to prosper in cities like this. Looking around to make sure no one was looking, Kaydian knelt down and went through the guys pockets, finding some syringes Kaydian took them and left the junkie to his cold lonely death. He might wake up before his body gives up on him but Kaydian doubted it.

Kaydian continued on, striding down corridor after corridor, occasionally stopping to ask people for directions but was already confident that he would find his man. The occasional light that flickered on and off cast strange shadows across Kaydians angular face, that made him look even more supernatural than normal. The young kindred he was chasing had some how disappeared there were a few stories about seeing who taken away by some strange man. And if his current lead was unable to help him he might have to chase this strange man up. But that would likely make this entire exercise more effort than it was worth. Hunting people that have their face on the paper is one thing. Looking for a strange man that ‘just disappeared’ with the kindred was something completely different. The wineo that had told him about it was more likely to have passed out and not seen her leave than she had really disappeared. Looking around Kaydian realised that he had arrived, appeared that the old guy that had been seen with the young kindred had been staying somewhere else lately but had crashed here from time to time.

As Kaydian pushed open the door ready to search the room for a clue as to what he was dealing with, to his shock he found old man, the very one he was looking for going through a pile of things in the corner. As the door creaked open, Bob turned to look at the new arrival, Kaydian was taken back by the sorrow in those eyes and yet how they also held warmth and hope. Cursing that he had let something as pitiful as emotion get the better of him he reasserted his will over himself and then over Bob.

‘Sit’ was all he commanded and Bob felt himself involuntarily sitting on the floor, and it was only then that Kaydian noticed the old knife in the guys hands. The thought that the old guy might think that such a thing could actually hurt him seemed laughable it was only then that Kaydian realised that Bob didn’t know that he was coming the knife was for some other purpose. Holding up the now worn news paper Kaydian trust it into Bobs face. ‘Who is she’.

‘She is my princess, my angle my guardian angle. She never meant to hurt those boys I don’t think she understood what she was doing, its not her fault she …..’

Bob was quickly cut short by a hand movement of Kaydians, ‘if I wanted a sob story id buy a book just tell me where she is and her name and what you know of her if you don’t bore me with your useless opions I may rewards you.

Even as Bob fought not to answer the question the strangers eyes burnt into his mind braking down barriers and he found that he was saying things he didn’t mean to or want to. ‘Her names Arial she has an apartment’, even as he gave the address to the stranger he hated himself for doing it and didn’t know why he couldn’t think of a lie to tell. ‘I don’t know where she is at the moment, I was going to go looking for her’. Bob held up the old knife as if to prove that he was telling the truth, ‘I just had to come back here and get somethings.’

‘Enough’, Kaydian cut the old man off, it was clear the old guy cared for the young murder, enough to throw his life away by attempting to find her armed only with a weapon little better than a kitchen utensil. ‘You may jet be useful in my search for her we have a common cause, so we shall search for her together.’ Looking at Bobs fearful expression, Kaydian smiled and continued ‘don’t worry I mean her no harm, I don’t even care that she’s killed those boys, she is as insignificant as a gnat in the greater scheme of things and once I have spoken with her you and her will be free to pursue any plans of your own.’ With that the 2 men left the old apartment building into the night, Kaydian felt the fire burning within his veins, he hoped he would meet her soon. This young kindred intrigued him a cold blooded killer that was this old mans princess and angle, she really was a paradox.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:36 pm Reply with quote
-Bob- "Come Follow me I know a short cut out here that will lead us back to the main street."

Bob lead the stranger, through an old building, up a flight of stairs and out a door that lead to the main street.

-Bob-"Do you have a name sir?, by the complextion of your skin Im I assume you are like her arent you? I dont know where Arial is, Im pretty worried she went to meet this Valek guy a long time ago, and I have not heard back from her."

Bob continued to ramble on without a response from the stranger, either he found Bob annyoning or was just focused and tuned in to his surrounding to even notice his questions. As they walked down the street they came to a church. Four Black cargo vans where parked out front, along with a few police cars. The lights from the inside where shining through the main doors. Bob pointed out his observation to the stranger.

-Bob-"Kinda of late for mass dont you think, what do you think is going on in there?"

-Arial- "Servent, I not looking for a servent you you nut case and trust me my talent nothing but amature, I have been doing readings as far as I can remember, Im not one of those 1-900- Ms Cleo fruds. I dont care who is here with us, we had an agreement, but I realize you are nothing more then just a lier and for that is what is going to cost you your life. Yes I know there are powerful blood suckers in this city, I met a very powerful one last night, Im sure Valek can just snap you in half with his two fingers."

Arial approached Mark and leaned towards his ear.

-Arial-"I WILL SCREAM AT WHO EVER I DAMN PLEASE SO DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO." she shouted

Arial then began to walk around the room grabing whatever she could find and tossing them across the room, from chairs, to old beer bottles, anything she could get her hands on.

"I will tear this place apart until you agree to get me out of here and take me to my meeting. Dont F--- with a girl who is PMSing"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarBone FlowerPosts: 0Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:40 am
Hermonie puts her arm between the two of them.
"What do you think this is going to solve?", she asks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:40 pm Reply with quote
((Niice.. I'll post later on.. after lunch.. Hermonie? how did you get to my haven? I'm just curious, because the twins left you and joseph in the old ruined Elysium?))

Echoe stood in darkness as he watched Arial throw things around in his haven.. It didnt bother him much, as the place had been trashed by the mortals anyway. He'd clean up later... for now, there was plenty of fun too be had. The little girl surely didn't know what she was dealing with.

He found it humoruos to think this little girl seemed to believe that she, or whoever may be backing her, could take out Mark Archer, Primogen of the Malkavian clan here in Cascadia. Echoe knew Valek would not back her... Valek would likely put the girl through worse torture than both Malkavians could inflict.

Last edited by Val on Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:07 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:52 am
[quote:cba6fbc4ec]As the large Man watched from his vantage point he spoke silently to the two large Mastiffs as if they understood him, "Watch this one she's headed for trouble." [/quote:cba6fbc4ec]

[color=darkred:cba6fbc4ec][/color:cba6fbc4ec] He spun on his heals as he headed off to find the prince of the city or information that would lead him to the prince. The two Mastiffs stared after him only a second then they watched the girl and followed her at a safe distance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Now Marks voice began to bounce off the walls.. still mocking the thinblood.

“Listen you rank little amateur... rank little amatuer.. amateur... You have much to learn.... much to learn..."

“Not the only one who can see what’s to come.... whats to come.. to come... If you walk out that door.... out that door... now... now.. now... your body will be destroyed... destroyed... destroyed.... so will your soul... soul... soul...”

“Do you think this is my game... think this is my game.. my game.. game... There are creatures... kindred.. kindred... here.. here... more powerful... powerful... than the most powerful kindred in this city... kindred in this city... If we are to survive... if WE are to survive.. WE are to survive... then I suggest… YOU DON’T SCREAM AT ME!!!”

Another voice, one Arial had not heard before.. seemed to come out of the shadows to fill the entire room. "DONT SCREAM AT ME!!! NOO! SCREAM AT ME!! SCREAM AT ME!!!" Echoe screamed.

Then Arial heard her own voice again.

"Servant... servant... I dont care who is here with us... Don't care who is here with us... who is here with us.. with us... going to cost you your life... going to cost you your life.. your life.. life... powerful blood suckers in this city... can snap valek in half.. in half.. in half.. half...

Echoe screamed again from the shadows. "THIS IS MY HOUSE AND YOU WILL BEHAVE ACCORDINGLY!!" A sofa flew at arial, knocking her off her feet, then a lamp from the opposite end of the room hit her square in the forehead, leaving a huge bloody mark. "I WILL SCREAM AT WHOEVER I WANT!!! WHOEVER I WANT!!" Echoe laughed hysterically. "TAKE YOU TO YOUR MEETING!! YOUR MEETING IS OVER!!! OVER!!! BUT YOU CAN LEAVE!! LEAVE!!! leave.. leave.. leave..."

The door swung open again, and the beautiful rays of sunlight covered Ariel's form... burning deep holes into her already bruised flesh. The door slammed shut again.

The girl child's voice filled her mind. "[b:789a200093]This is a fun game.. but [i:789a200093]I'm[/i:789a200093] tiring of it... maybe [i:789a200093]I [/i:789a200093]should make the hiding one throw [i:789a200093]you[/i:789a200093] into the light... you seem to really want to go.. [i:789a200093]right now... [/i:789a200093]do you want to go [i:789a200093]now[/i:789a200093], and play in the sun?[/b:789a200093]"

Offline Profile