<  Dusty Books  ~  Learning The Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:55 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
Cascadia
December 28,2002
7:58 PM

Arial rose from her sleep, she remembered very little of her visions from her sleep. She was also realzing how little control over them she really had. One thing she did learn from New York, unless she a memeber of a Clan she will be unwanted, possiably destroyed.

Arial opened the half filled bag of blood, and finished it off. She sat on the edge of the bed and thought to herself.

"Lets see I need to remember what clan one of those vampires where, so if asked I can try to pass myself off as one."

So much had happen the last few days she could not remember to well, what clan,Marcus.Rachel, or Kyle for that matter was. Further more she did not really remember how many diffrent clans there were.

Arial begain to speak to herself. "I think Rachel was a Brujador. Yea that is it if anyone ask what clan I belong to I tell them Brujador. Now I think I will wonder around and try to get a lay out of the area in case I need to make a fast get away again."

Arial changed clothes, she pulled out a pair of jeans and pulled them up, they stopped just before her tattoo on her lower back, she then decided to wear a green mid-drift type sweater, that would match the color of her eyes. She topped it off with her ankle high boots and a black leather bomber jacket.

She grabed her hotel key, and stepped out into the hallway and took the elevator down to the lobby. She step out side and figured she would walk rather then call a cab, she found it best to try to reserve as much of her resources as possible.

She walked the streets for a few hours, poping into little bars, coffee houses trying to get skinny on this city, but wasnt finding much luck.
She kept her eyes open for other vampires, she did not see anything supernatural.

"Maybe New York is the only city that has vampires, if that is the case, then I should be pretty okay here. Still I think I better not let my guard down to much. she said to herself

Arial continued to walk down a dark empty street, her vampire senses picking up a struggle coming from down alley across the street. Arial's curiosty got the best of her and decided to go see what was going on.

When she reached the alley, she saw two punk kids picking on a homeless, man. They had not notice her standing behind them. She watched as the two pushed him down, spitting, one of them went as far to urinate on the poor helpless man. Arial had seen enough, she could'nt stand to watch someone be beaten and torchered like a animal.

Screamed out. "STOP THAT NOW!"

The two punks looked at her and begain to laugh. One of them was a big guy the other was kinda of skinny thing that couldnt way more then 105 pounds wet.

"Bitch mind your bussniess and get the fuck out here before you get yourself hurt." the bigger punk said to Arial, while the other just sat there and laughed.

Arial could feel her blood begin to boil, the same feeling she had when she lifted the safe back at her store before smashing Roberts head with it.

"Bitch, did you call me bitch you little shit." she hollard back at the two. She begain to walk into the alley, not breaking a stride, focusing in on the bigger of the two first.

"Oh look she wants to play, I say we show her a bitches role in life." the skinner punk said.

The bigger guy stepped in front first, clinching his fist, ready to swing when Arial got close enough. She was inches from the big guy, when he swung his arm back before he could bring forward, Arial had already clutched her hand around his throat, and with effortless motion, tossed him against the wall, with enough force it knocked him unconcious.

The smaller punk stood there in awe for a second,but was not about to be punked out. He pulled out a knife and charged at Arial, but she was too quick. She managed to side step him and get behind him, grabing him by the head. Before he could react she had sunk her fangs into his neck.

The warm blood, flowed down her throat, she squeezed his body closer to hers, savioring every pleasurable drop. She start to remember what Rachel said about feeding to much, but she had no intention of stoping. She felt the skinny kids heart beat begin to fade, she did not stop until his lifeless body collapsed to the floor.

The bigger guy came through just in time to see Arial take the last few drops of his friend. He rose to his feet, and turned toward the streets and ran like there was no tomarrow. Arial stood up from the dead body of the skinny kid, and turned her attention to the homeless man.

"Please dont hurt me, please I beg of you." he continued to plead.

"I have no intention of hurting you, I was helping you." she replied.

"You mean your not going to bite me like him?" He asked.

"No!" she replied as she streatched out her hand to help the old man up.
"I am Arial, and you are?" she asked.

"Bob, my name is Bob" he paused for a second then continued. "Why did you bite him? Is he dead?" he asked

"Well that is what I do, I am a vampire, I bite people. I saw what they were doing to you and didnt like it so, figured he dosent deserve to live." She replied to his questions.

"I have heard stories around about vampires, but now I know they are true." he responded.

Arial lend up against the wall across from Bob, and begain to just chat with him. Bob asked alot of questions about vampires, but as unfortunately as new to this world Arial was she could not give him any answers. It was almost time for the sun to rise and Arial rose to her feet. She took the dead lifeless body of the kid she killed and stuffed him the trash can.

"Sun will be rising soon, I will have to go soon, but is there anything I can go get you. Food, something to drink." she asked

"Oh no you have done so much for me already, its been a long time since I had any company, and you saved my life too." he replied.

"Please!" Arial said. "Let me get you something." she demanded

Bob looked up at the girl that in just a few hours, became his guardian angel. "Okay but not to much." he asked.

Arial ran off down the street to a 24 hour quick shop, she went in bought some chips, pre made sandwiches, and a bottle of whisky to keep Bob warm. About five minutes latter she returned to find Bob there almost half asleep. She kneeled down next too him and tucked the food she just bought underneath his arms. He looked up and smiled at her, as she turned and walked away.

Arial stoped before she reached the street and turned back around to face Bob.

"I will come back tomarrow night to check on you, okay?" she said.

Bob did not respond he just raised his hand and waved. Arial ran back the hotel. She took a hot shower when she got back feeling good about what she did, but unaware the trouble she may have caused herself leaving a dead body around. She got out of the shower and laid down on the bed and drifted off to sleep

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:07 am Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
((i liked your story. alot of reasons for a hunt, but i like your story. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:36 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
Over the next few nights Arial continued to go see Bob every night. She rented an run down apartment 2 floors up that over looked what she called Bob's alley. She even allowed Bob to sleep in the apartment with her. She was learning more of her vampirc skills, such as using her blood to enhance her streagth, move faster, even highten her senses to increase her ability to tap in to her gift of insight.

Arial would stalk the streets at night biting people, drinking there blood until they fell unconcious, then rob them blind, she knew it was wrong but it was the only way she knew now how to survive. As long as she didnt kill anyone, she didnt feel that bad about it. But she seemed to forget one important thing that Rachel had told her, getting rid of the evidence. The was creating a problem for Arial, for now she had the local police looking for what they labeled her now as the biting bandit.

Arial pulled up to her new apartment in Rachel's stolen Mercedes. She hopped out the car and climbed up the fire escape into her apartment window. Bob was siting in the raggy old chair reading the paper.

"You know the cops are really looking for you now, maybe you should cool it for a few nights." Bob suggested.

"Im not to worried about them what are they going to do to me, Im already dead, and they try to arrest me I just bite them too. Besides I been reading the Necromacy book that vampire that made me left me and there is some really cool shit in here. For instance I was reading about how to Compel Souls, you know call ghost to obey my commands." she replyed.

"What about your vision, have you learned how to use those at will yet?" Bob asked

"No, not really, I mean Im getting better at trying to tap into the when I want to but it takes alot out of me." she replied

Arial went back to reading the Necromecy book, while Bob continued to read the paper. A few min past when Arial enlightened Bob with a new idea she had.

"You know Bob, I been thinking, Rachel was the Prince vampire in New York, boss of all other vampires. Well I was thinking since there seems to be no other vampires around these parts, I think that makes me the Prince of this city; and as my first duty as Prince im changing it since Prince is male thing and im a girl from now on I am the Princess of Cascadia. How dose that sound?" she asked

Bob chuckled before he replied, "Well then I must say you are a beautiful Princess then."

"Thank you Bob, how about we celabrate by ording a pizza." she said

Arial learned that she could use her blood to activate her organs allowing her to digest food, with out throwing it back up like previous attempts to eat mortal food. Again there was some truth in what Rachel told about the power of blood, and every night Arial was learning something new about her special powers.

Arial got up and headed back down the fire escape to go pick up a Pizza she decided to walk, being such a nice evening and perhaps maybe find some poor sap that she can bite and run from to pay for the pizza.

She passed by a local grave yard, and her curosity begain to take over. She began to think about what she read in the book, wondering if she can really do stuff like call on spirts. She started to appoarch the grave yard then stop.

"Maybe I should hold of trying something like that, after all what if backfires and the all come after me." she said to herself.

She then turned around and headed back down the street towards the pizza parlor.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:32 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((she said she was doing some things that would draw attention, guess she wasn't kidding. well i don't want to post an IC response to this because tomorrow night i'm leaving for Florida and i'll be gone for 8 days...so i wouldn't be able to follow up. if you can keep it up till then i'll be happy to join in :)

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:17 pm Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
A kine entering the grave yard only few seconds after Arial stepped out of it brought her attention on this Kine, looking at this Kine with a hunger for blood, deciding to remain careful Arial simply watched at this lonely human carrying some flowers, most likely to offer them to a lost loved one. The sound of a short scream was heard, followed by a falling body noise… returning to the entry of the grave yard, Arial noticed a dark cloaked being pulling the dead body of the kine toward the small shed of the local grave yard. Driven by curiosity and most likely by Kindred instinct, Arial followed this dark cloaked being silently. As the door of the shed was slammed shut, an heavy white fog began crawling on the muddy ground of the grave yard, seeming to circle Arial, the fog rapidly swallowed the whole grave yard, making impossible to view inches in front in any direction. An evil laugh followed by what seemed to be millions of whispering wraiths was heard, staying calm Arial quickly looked behind her… noticing nothing she turned back once more, in the distance two amber red eyes could be seen piercing this dense white fog. “ Who are you “ stated Arial with a demanding tone, remembering seeing no other kindred in the city she spoke once more saying “ what are you doing in my city “

Stepping forward, arms crossed, Valek advanced and said “ Your city …. How presumptuous “

- Arial “ Who are you ! “

- Valek – “ the very last thing you will see if you keep that tone in your voice “

Wearing his usual long black trench coat, Valek …. The 1337 years old demonic Prince looked straight in Arial’s eyes and said “ I am the Prince of this city , I suggest you start speaking and better have a good explanation for your previous words peon “

(( Bit short but I’ll post again soon :) ))

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:11 am Reply with quote
Arial stood in front of the dark figure, his face seemed vaguely famliar to her, but she just couldnt place a finger on it yet. She took her eyes of him for a second to watch the fog swirl around her feet as she kicked at to see how thick it was. Her attention was drawn back to the dark figure before her.

-Arial- "Peon, I am no Peon, I am Arial LaMonte, of Clan Brujador. Princess of this city, I command you silence ghost before I use my vampirc powers to command you to a place that will torcher your soul for eternity.

Valek's eyes grew narrow, and becoming angred at the young nieve Kindred. Then he saw her eyes widen as she reconized the face of the dark stranger before her, and before Valek could respond Arial blurted out [i:b9d9e7baac]"Allison."[/i:b9d9e7baac]

-Arial- "Your the one I saw save Allison, your lover, from the clutches of the Werewolfs."

Valek's eyes grew larger in couriousity how such a young vampire could know about ore even see something that happen before she was made. Before either of them could speak another word. Arial's attention turned in a diffrent direction, as she began to pick up on anoter presence in the graveyard. From under the white thick cloud of fog, the shadows begain to move and rise above the fog.

The black cloud then took a more human form in the shape of another dark man. From the dark shadows a LaSombra, named Giangalezzo, stepped out. He slowly approached the two stopping just before coming between them but focusing more on keeping his eye on Valek, for he knew he was the more powerful of the two.

-Giangalezzo- "Back off Cappdocian, This one belongs to me. I have been following her since New York, and I must say you are quite resourceful, Most newly embraced Sabbot would of met there final death by now, but you, you are something speical.

-Arial- "Who are you? What do you mean you been following me, did that bitch Rachel send you, well Im not going back."

-Giangalezzo- "Our informant, Kyle rest his undead soul, confided in me of your special gift. ::Letting out a evil laugh:: You honestly dont think you made it out of New York on your own so easily. It was the hand that caused enough of distraction to keep the Prince's scourage busy enough to allow you to get enough distance from them. From then I have been following you since to see if you had it in you to join the Sabbot. You must trust me Arial, we can teach you everything you know, teach to use your gift of Insight, to help us prevent Gehenna, if you stay here he will only try to use your gift for his own gain, like Rachel wanted. Or even worse destroy you for what you are You cant trust the Camarilla Arial."

Arial stood there in a state of confusion, she did not know what to say, further more even know what to do. She started to look around for a way out, perhaps slip away into the night. The two Vampires stayed focused on each other, Arial did not need her gifted ability see this was not going to be a friendly party at all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:05 am Reply with quote
User avatarMalkavianPosts: 0Location: San Francisco Bay AreaJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:52 am
i wouldn't want to be in the grave yard.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 8:12 pm Reply with quote
(( Nice post :) , ill reply on it asap, which should be sometime soon , most likely tmorrow since im going out on a new years eve party tonight hehe lol ))

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:27 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 234Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:11 pm
(( if only my on line strength would hold out i would help you..))

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:45 am Reply with quote
HI DRAIN! how are you? hows the new kid?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:25 pm Reply with quote
The two tall dark figures staring hatefully at each other was clearly announcing an imminent effusion of blood, a violent confrontation was about to take place…the dense white fog began to rise again as the dark Prince mouthed an ancient curse in the language of the damned, known as “ Los Demonis ” . The mist clearly covered the entire grave yard once more, making impossible to any Kindred or human what so ever to notice the upcoming fight, preserving the Masquerade.

His eyes flickering of an hateful red, the dark Prince gave a quick look at Arial, still suspicious on how she could have known his past, this evil glare made Arial see what a very chosen few were able to see without getting violently mutilated by the dark Prince himself . A winged demon was what she saw where Valek was standing, followed by the murder of the Kindred who was once named Allison, the visions Arial was having had no words to describe how sick, twisted, evil and horrific it was . Giving an evil smile to Arial the dark prince turned back to Giangalezzo, being the first one to take out the sword Giangalezzo took a swing at the dark Prince…. The battle began

The sound of clashing steel was heard in this fine display of swordsmanship, the Lasombra was clearly no young Kindred, the fight lasted a good five minutes, Giangalezzo stepping back looked at the dark prince who was laughing evily

“ Is that all you have Lasombra … ” spoken in a demonic voice by the dark prince . Before the Lasombra could move another inch, its head fell on the ground, cut by the dark prince the head rolled to stop at Arial’s feet . The ground swallowing the dead body and the head in front of Arial, the dark Prince spoke

“ My patience is growing thin young one, if you dare cross my path by insulting me again or even worst, by challenging me, you will end up like this one, now speak ! Why is it you know part of my past, and why are you here, keep in mind that I can either be your ally or your worst enemy, the choice is yours …. “

(( bit short but I just wanted to post :) , ill post more this coming Saturday ))

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:18 pm Reply with quote
((very good Valek you write so well, I post later on it when I get home from work))

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:04 am Reply with quote
Arial Kicked at the head pushing it away from her feet just before it vanished into the ground with the rest of the body. The fog surronding the grave yard was begining to thin but still to thick for her to see which direction the exit was to escape.

She began to think about calling upon the dead to rise and help her, but she realized she did not have resources to complete the ritual, aslo the fact if it did not work the more powerful vampire would surely remove her head like the unfortunate Lasombra, if Arial was going to survie one more night she was going to have to rely on her wits.

-Arial- "Forgive me I did not mean to insult you, nor do I know weather to thank you or run from you right now" she said as she stared at where the body of the Lasombra use to be.

-Airal- "But put yourself in my position, how else would you react, your on your way to get a pizza for yourself and a friend, then you hear a scream from the grave yard. You run in a see you draging a dead body, then another vampire appears saying you belong to him too. Dont you think you be on the defensive as well?"

Valek stood there still irotated by the over cofedient young welp taken in every thing she said, perhaps scanning her weakness or pehaps finding a strenght. Never the less he kept his sword, still dripping with blood from the Lasombra ready incase this welp did something stupid.

-Arial- "I came from New York, who that person was I never saw him before, nor never heard of No Sabbot, or even Carmel people for that matter, all I know is I can not go back to my home. All I can really say about anything is that you people made me this way so now you have to deal with it."

Arial Paused for second as Valek eyes narroweed at the tone of the voice she was speaking at him, but then he saw compassion in her eyes, an almost saddness as she begain to speak again.

-Arial-"Allison, your lover, she is no longer with you is she? I dont know of your past, nor of her, all I know is what I see, Sometimes they are visions of what is to come, sometimes in your case are things of the past. Sometimes....just sometimes... they are sights of things so horriable, and so evil, that all you can do is curl up in a ball and cry out for mercy for your sins of your past. So again I am sorry for offending you, and thank you, I think for saving me from him, but im hugrey and my friend is waiting for me to bring back a pizza."

Arial turned and started to walk away slowly at first, anticapating the sword driving through her back. Before she could disappear through the fog, she turned back around to look at Valek.

-Arial-"Are you hungry would you like to come eat some pizza with us, its pretty good, pepperoni, ham, sausage and lots of cheese?"

((To see an Image I made of Valek and Arial in the grave yard you can find it here at my site under vampire gallary:
[url]http://dark_raven22.tripod.com/Valek.html[/url] ))

Last edited by Kahn on Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:29 am Reply with quote
(( Very nice post, gonna reply to it tonight :)

One hell of a cool image of Valek and Arial in the yard btw :), some awesome work ! ))

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:54 am Reply with quote
[i:84190e489c]" Allison, your lover, she is no longer with you is she? "[/i:84190e489c]

The mist was slowly fading as the cold winter wind was blowing it away, sheeting his sword, the Dark Prince began to speak as Arial was having clear visions on how the Kindred Allison died a long time ago, hours, days, weeks, months of painful torture performed on her, from thousands of stabbings wounds to dismemberment, the vision clearly showing how she got her spine literaly ripped off of her undead body, the organs removed from her to finally bury whatever was left .... " Love is nothing more than a simple word, the word in itself is meaningless, hating it is something that one must soon learn. Hate is the only thing you will ever need . "

Raising her head slowly, looking at the dark prince who's eyes were still amber red, remembering the words just spoken by him as she had the visions of the Kindred Allison's Death. " Sometimes....just sometimes... they are sights of things so horrible, and so evil, that all you can do is curl up in a ball and cry out for mercy for your sins of your past "spat Arial .

Obviously angering the Dark Prince with those words, the following words were spoke by Valek "Enough!"
the loud usual demonic voice of the prince echoed thru the grave yard .... " Sins must not be cried upon, SINS is the only true path to follow, keep in mind that Evil never dies " . Those words spoken by the Prince caused some very disturbing visions to occur in the mind of Arial .... two horned demon standing side by side in what seemed to be the eternal flames of torments, one of them was clearly Valek . " Son of Midian and Satyr " spoke Arial, disturbed that she even knew the names she seemed somewhat confused .

With a smirk on his face the Dark Prince replied " You know much Arial, perhaps too much ... ", the fog now completely cleared, the city was now in sight once more . " You possess a rare gift young one, I could make good use of it, you could make more use of it as well .... "

" again I am sorry for offending you, and thank you, I think for saving me from him "

" I assure you the pleasure of killing was all mine " said the dark prince with an evil smile on his face, " do not get me wrong, you owe me for this night young one . "

" I assumed so " spat Arial

Arial turned and started to walk away slowly at first, anticapating the sword driving through her back. Before she could disappear through the fog, she turned back around to look at Valek
" Are you hungry would you like to come eat some pizza with us, its pretty good, pepperoni, ham, sausage and lots of cheese? "

" Nay .... I already fed earlier " said Valek, most likely refering to a Kine he killed earlier this night .

" I will however demand that you head to this address when you are done tonight, if you wish to stay alive in my city, you will need my agreement on paper for it. I will keep a close eye on you, be aware of my previous words, I can either be a friend, or an ennemy. " After giving Arial the address of his office " The Prince office " which was located in the middle of a rather dead looking area of the city, Valek looked at her and then said " Any other questions ? "