<  Dusty Books  ~  Whispers of Shal-ka Mense

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:05 am Reply with quote
User avatarGhoulPosts: 7Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:54 am
Julius mused for a brief moment.

"Up to you, Mora. I'll back up whatever cover you want to use. If you run into any... obstructions, refer them to me."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:33 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
Their figures sliced through the sand like serpents through high grass as they spurred their horses through the night. Now distancing themselves from the lights of the city, the celestial heavens exploded into it's glory, littering the sky with light, light that illuminated the smooth desert sands to an almost paranormal snow.

As the final building fell from view beneath the sea of dunes, the somber realization of solitude took over the boys. They rode in silence, listening only to the rythmic beat of the horse hooves beneath them and the grissle of sand being hefted into the air.

The two riders began a long curve to the East, over compensating to avoid the most direct route to their projected target. In the distance the pyramids emerged, their glory devouring the entire landscape. The moon's light spilled over them, creating a beacon for the two youths.

[i:ae2dc3c58e]"Daniel, this way..."[/i:ae2dc3c58e] Isaac hissed, abrubtly jerking the reins of his horse towards the pyramid. Daniel reacted quickly to follow his brother's lead, and within moments they were perched in position near the peak of a high dune.

Isaac slid from the horse and immediately set about tying the creature to a nearby shrub. With the animals secured, the boys set off over the dunes Daniel all the while wondering if Isaac knew exactly where he was going. Just as he was preparing to ask, Isaac stopped suddenly.

[i:ae2dc3c58e]"Isaac...?"

"Shhhhh..."[/i:ae2dc3c58e] Isaac crouched low, predatory, bathing in his element. As they scaled a final dune, Daniel finally saw what his dear brother had already sensed. Several figures digging in the darkness, their bodies silhouettes barely visable in the thick of the night. The few lamps which sat on the sands shot eeries shadows across the ground.

Isaac pulled his knapsack open and produced the two cameras, handing one to his brother. Reaching back into the pack he pulled out a small roll of masking tape and tore two equal pieces off. As the cameras began to film, he slipped the masking tape over the red recording light to avoid detection.

[i:ae2dc3c58e]"Now stay here and film Daniel...I'll be back..."[/i:ae2dc3c58e]

[i:ae2dc3c58e]"Wait!" [/i:ae2dc3c58e] Daniel protested, [i:ae2dc3c58e]"Where are you going?"[/i:ae2dc3c58e]

[i:ae2dc3c58e]"To get a better angle..."[/i:ae2dc3c58e] Daniel whispered, before disappearing around the bend of the dune and creeping ever closer to the makeshift expedition.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:20 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:20 pm
((I'm so excited about how this is coming out i can bearly remain continent))

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((far and away this is one of my favorite threads :)

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:28 pm Reply with quote
On the streets and alleyways of Cairo, within the buildings and sancturaries, in the markets and in the hearts of the Kine, unrest was brewing. The Kine felt it as unease, merely an annoyance. And yet it affected them nonetheless, making them irratible and petulant. But if the mortal population of Cairo were nervous, the Kindred were on edge.

Releashed of mortal ignorance and cursed with the truth, the Kindred could feel the onset of danger. More than a few had awoken in recent night drenched in blood sweat, clawing at their coffin doors. Unsure of whom or what was causing this anxiety, they took to the streets at night to hunt with a zeal, hoping to sate their fears with blood.

Gabriel was by no means immune to the ill effects, but he had the advantage of knowledge. Something powerful was about to be wrenched from it's sleep, a force whose abilities and hazards he could not comprehend. Undoubtably such a force would be felt throughout the fabric of the supernatural world.

As he followed his guide through the backstreets leading towards Cairo's bustling riverside district, he glanced up at the night sky. The heavens were tinted an odd shade of crimson...just beneath the surface, behind the celestial bodies. An omen?

There was little point in philisophical speculation, and the Ventrue thrust the naive thoughts from his mind as his guide came to a stop just short of a main street, keeping himself confined to the alleyways tender safety. He glanced up at Gabriel, his eyes hollow and tired. He wore old and horrendously out of date clothing, an old polo shirt with a pair of stained jeans. Dusky skin concealed a pair of deep set raven black eyes. Caitiff's were such pathetic creatures.

[i:eb4236b7ef]"There..."[/i:eb4236b7ef] he said, motioning down the street, [i:eb4236b7ef]"there is the home of the Tremere."[/i:eb4236b7ef]

Gabriel glanced down the street, over the throngs of people shuffling like desert beatles over one another. Several old whitewashed buildings lined the streets, their exteriors cracked and peeling. In the distance, backset against the Nile, stood an old museum. While obviously aged, it stood unnaturally proud, and the coils in Gabriel's gut wound themselves tighter.

[i:eb4236b7ef]"You've been invaluable."[/i:eb4236b7ef] the Ventrue smiled, turning towards the Caitiff, who paced nervously back and forth. Reaching into his pocket he paid the thin blood and headed towards the Chantry.

Certainly the Tremere would be none too pleased to have an unannounced guest, but he had little time to waste with formalities. Desperate for the missing clues to the riddle of Shal-Ka Mense, Gabriel had at last broken down and was prepared to ask for assistance. His resources in Cairo were limited, and his options few. He had relinquished to ask the Tremere, as he absolutely loathed Setites.

As the crowds thinned towards his destination he could see the flash of road barriers, the type normally used in construction. Several mortals moved throughout the area, bright orange vests with Egyptian writing on the back, clearly workers. The museum seemed to be going through some sort of repair.

Gabriel stared up at the impressive structure, he could [b:eb4236b7ef]FEEL[/b:eb4236b7ef] the power that inhabited the building, the Tremere's ancient magic brooding. He had decided not to bring any firearms as proper etiquette demanded.

He tightened his grip of Sorenti's Bane. The simple darkwood cane appeared ordinary enough, but the blood of a Methusaleh and the magic of Tremere could create incredible things indeed. The cane had consumed more than one aggressive Cainite in it's fiery breath. Gabriel hoped he wouldn't need to use it....

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:46 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:42 am
Dressed in an elegant ankle-length white dress in a style suitable for her mortal identity as the singer Lucilla Troy, Morathi had come up to the more public areas of the museum to compare a symbol found during her studies in the chantry' archives with a similar one she had found on one of the public artifacts, hoping to have identified a clue to cracking the code protecting the secrets of a particulary interesting scroll. It was then that she noticed the man stepping through the public entrance to the museum

She studied the man that had entered with interest, he was clearly not a local inhabitant by his style of dress, and it was a little late for most tourists to be visiting. A cursory check of his aura revealed a faint dark blue glow, a glow she had seen often around visitors to the chantry in New Orleans whilst she was a regentia, the telltale faintness of a suspicious vampire entering potentially hostile ground...

Gracefully she moved towards him, pretending to be studying the artifacts on display as she closed the distance between them, then a show of suddenly noticing the man before she almost walked into him in her apparently distracted state...

[i:5b25179c7b]"Oh I'm sorry... I was a little wrapped up in my studies of these artifacts... They are quite interesting... Witnessess to so many secrets that may never be retold..."[/i:5b25179c7b]

She smiled warmly, her emerald eyes gauging the man's reaction for possible reasons for his intent in visiting, she doubted it was for minor chit-chat, and it was very likely he sought esoteric information from her House and Clan...

[i:5b25179c7b]"Ah!... Where are my manners let me introduce myself... My name is Lucilla Troy... I'm a singer and I've been conducting some background research for my next stage appearance in Vienna....."[/i:5b25179c7b]

She introduced herself, her english accented voice soft and polite as she casually dropped the name of the location of House Tremere's home office, hopefully a subtle enough clue as to what she was without advertising it in the public part of the museum. It would also serve to remind the guest that they were still in the public area of the chantry.

[i:5b25179c7b]"But I'm sure you came here to seek the answers to questions yourself... Hmmm... I know... The staff here have been very helpful to me.... Perhaps I could talk them into assisting you as well..... Mr?..."[/i:5b25179c7b]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:10 am Reply with quote
Isaac slipped into the working area undetected. Off to his left he could see an odd archway being unearthed. Farther off in the distance he saw a group of civilian newscrews with cameras rolling. Evidently this was something of an exciting discovery in Egyptology. Using his night vision goggles ( :P ) , Isaac saw what looked like an armed patrol coming across the sand. They were on foot and were nearly 1000 meters off still. They were moving towards where Daniel sat hidden.

Last edited by Chauncey on Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:28 am Reply with quote
((i'll post tomorrow night for both Daniel/Isaac and Gabe. oh, one thing Pete, Daniel and Isaac are mere mortals.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:09 am Reply with quote
"[i:7e25991bf4]"Mr. O'Brien, and I'm sure I would be a fool to turn down such a generous offer."[/i:7e25991bf4] Gabriel said with a smile, letting his eyes trace over her curves. [i:7e25991bf4]"Especially from such a stunning creature as yourself."[/i:7e25991bf4]

Intentionally dressed down so as not to come off too high handed, Gabriel had chosen a simple dark indigo turtle neck. Although the heat was stifling during the daytime, with the near proximity to the Nile, the Chantry was actually quite cool. A simple pair of dress slacks would surely suffice for such a meeting, but even so Gabriel could not help but wear a pair of Rockford dress shoes. Inexpensive, yet stylish.

As he soaked in her aura, he felt the interval of silence growing dangerously short. She was so self assured...so exacting. Relenting to drag the moment out as long as possible, Gabriel felt silent and wore a thinly veiled look of lust. Ms. Troy merely giggled, the melody of her voice echoing off the high crown of the museum.

[i:7e25991bf4]"Well, you flatter me Mr. O'Brien, why don't we see about finding you some assistance?"[/i:7e25991bf4] She extended her hand toward him, her wrist slightly cocked. Narrowing his eyes and releasing a ravaging smile, he placed his hand gently under hers and the pair paced the marble halls of the museum.

[i]"Forgive me for saying so, but you have an incredible voice."

((grah, i have to stop here. it's just not flowing like i want it to...keep it up, i'll reply. i'm tired and i have to leave my house soon, it's so difficult for me to write under pressure. :/

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Eveshka sat in her office watching the television with a Priest from St. Gatien's Cathedral in Tours. She was much calmer now that she had heard from Julius and could start to actually put some sense to things again. She and the Priest had been talking about the root meanings in Hebrew and Aramaic of certain Biblical names. The one in particular was Enoch. The priest had told her that the name meant "Dedicated." Eveshka found that to be profound and was about to ask some more questions on the matter when a flash on the Television caught her eye and the two turned to watch a very visibly shaken CNN correspondent outside Baghdad speaking:

[i:a73306a6a5] The anti-aircraft fire began a few moments ago from the northern part of Baghdad. There have been several explosions on the ground followed by what appear to be secondary explosions from munitions, that are not supposed to be in existence, exploding. No [a large explosion over his right shoulder which causes him to look over at it for a moment] no uh... no Coalition Aircraft have been heard over head. We believe the explosions are being made primarily by cruise missiles from American and British Warships in the Persian Gulf and the Eastern Mediterreanean. [another explosion lights up the night sky far off to his left. The correspondent looks over his left shoulder for several moments and then turns back to the camera] At this time we are receiving word that we are to be moved away from the city. We now take you to a press conference at the Coalition Central Command Headquarters. [/i:a73306a6a5]

The priest and Eveshka regarded each other silently for a moment. The priest narrowed his eyes a moment, looking back at the television, and then said, "Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour your judgement has come." Eveshka merely blinked and said nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:34 pm Reply with quote
:) sounds good

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGhoulPosts: 7Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:54 am
((Mora & Gabe. Do you want to get an ICQ chat session together to RP out this meeting up scene stuff? Catch me on 54882166 - Tromador@home))

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:37 am Reply with quote
The pieces were impressive, many dating back centuries upon centuries. They attempted to ensare Gabriel's attention from the captivating beauty who accompanied down the museum's many silent hallways. As alluring as the artifacts were, the Ventrue's conviction prevailed, and he kept his eyes firmly on Ms. Troy for much of the time.

They chatted innocently enough, both baiting one another with subtle traps within the conversation, each vying for the other to give something away. As Gabriel smiled and once more swept his blonde hair from his cheek with his free hand, he sensed it. Something welling up deep within, a primordial fear. He clung to his outward pleasantness to conceal the fear underneath. There was no conceivable way he could prove it or even get a firm grasp on it, but Ms. Troy was a significant deal more powerful than she was letting on.

She smiled, as if sensing his fear, and placed her free hand upon his. Turning him towards her, she stooped slightly to meet his downward gaze.

[i:750ec462bc]"Mr. O'Brien, you mentioned earlier I had a beautiful voice?"[/i:750ec462bc]

[i:750ec462bc]"It's true Ms. Troy,"[/i:750ec462bc] Gabriel said, taking slow steps as to resume their walk. [i:750ec462bc]"It's enchanting."[/i:750ec462bc]

She stopped abrubtly, halting him with such force that hinted at greater might than was evident. Regaining a slightly more suspicious smile she looked him over.

[i:750ec462bc]"You didn't mention ever attending one of my shows before..."[/i:750ec462bc]

[i:750ec462bc]"Well that's because I haven't Ms. Troy,"[/i:750ec462bc] Gabriel dropped his smile, and shifted towards the ravaging siren. [i:750ec462bc]"again forgive me if I'm being boorish, but it was your laugh. Such a strength...how could not be gifted?"[/i:750ec462bc]

The concern lifted from Ms. Troy's face like a mask and she broke into embarrassed laughter, leaving Gabriel to wonder if it was genuine or all part of the on-going ruse.

((i just felt like posting, i really can't post much more because i don't know the full lay out of the museum, i don't know if Morathi wants to take Gabriel right to Julius or what she's planning. so this was just a bit of conversation.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:19 am Reply with quote
Julius sat at his desk pondering over hundreds of languages and dialects, his Skull sitting within easy reach. He had gotten a fax from Eveshka just the night before. It was an ancient map of what is today the region encompassing the eastern Mediterreanean, the Black, and the Caspian Seas. Apparently she thought that the fabled city of Enoch was plotted on the map. The problem was that the boundaries of those bodies of water were nowhere near where they were now or ever conceivable were. Julius had discussed the map with some contacts of his who seemed to be quite enthralled with it. They thought it was a very novel hypothesis but quite impossible as the meandering of particular tributaries seemed to suggest that the flow of the water was reversed so that the Caspian and Black Seas appeared to actually be FRESH water and not SALINE. Were that the case, this map would be indicating land that had not been above water for literally thousands of years. It made no sense, unless all of the myths of Caine and the Antedeluvians were actually true.

The language still boggled his mind. With the help of his Skull, he had spliced together bits of different languages and gotten words that made sense, but only when read singlely. When put together they were nonsense.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:05 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:42 am
(( Well mostly my intention was to somehow get Gabriel and Julius to meet, then leave it to Gabriel to reveal whatever he cares to about his knowledge of the scroll, and how he would like assistance from House Tremere. I've mentioned this to Julius, although he is a little uncertain how he would react to such an meeting.

Best way I can think of ringing the alarm bells for Mora to bring Gabriel to Pontifex Julius is if Gabriel mentioned something relating to the scroll in passing. She would need a good reason to bring an outsider direct to a Pontifex after all...

As I'm currently on a quick forum check with my Laptop I'll ponder a reply of my own, and post ASAP, but dont wait for me if Gabriel and Julius want to try and iron out a meeting. ))