<  Dusty Books  ~  Whispers of Shal-ka Mense

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:24 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 4Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:30 pm
[i:e219323eb8]Be careful what you wish for; you may get it…..[/i:e219323eb8]

Outside a grand mansion near the English city of York, a snake winds its way through the grass and hedges. This is no ordinary snake, no native to the English country side – it is a cobra, long, black, sleek and deadly. It slips across the manor grounds quickly, indeed, purposefully. Its black eyes betray a malign intelligence, an awareness not possessed by any natural cobra.

The snake senses something ahead. A trap? Perhaps. Wards? Certainly. Some sorcery the snake can defeat – its form and soul are masked. It avoids risk where possible, however, it has not yet chosen to reveal itself. That time is coming, but the snake wishes to learn more first.

Through a stand of trees the black serpent winds, finally coming within sight of the object of its travels – the mansion itself. The cobra knows this place, or, at least knew it once. From the cover of the trees it observes and remembers. The alchemist lives here, the one who performs rituals. This place is protected, both physically and magically.

The serpent possesses its own magic, both innate and sorcerous. Indeed, the serpent has been taught the rudiments of the alchemist’s own craft. Still, the serpent is not the equal of this wizard in the sorcerous arts. The serpent is older, that is certain, and more powerful, but the alchemist is a master of his craft while the serpent is but a dabbler. The serpent’s strength lays in the power of its blood, in its age, in corruption and in temptation.

As the cobra watches and assesses the mansion’s defenses, guests arrive – there are three of them. They are all undead, vampires, kindred. A venture, like Michelle, a toreador, and a gangrel. The serpent knows this. The serpent can sense it, can read their surface thoughts. The serpent knows it could dig further, could see deep into their minds, could make or erase memories, but it does not – now is not the time to risk revealing itself.

The doors open and the alchemist appears. The serpent remembers. Julius Darrant. Wizard. Kindred. Tremere. He who breaks bonds. A master of blood magic.

Still the cobra waits.

Another arrives, a female, a kindred, a toreador, a….face. A beautiful face that the serpent knows only too well and yet cannot make the same connection with it once could. The female drags an armless body with her and enters the manor.

Now all three objects of the hunt have been found – the mansion of rituals, the alchemist and the lover.

The serpent waits no longer.

In the deep shadows of the trees around the mansion the cobra takes a new form – a female form, with milky white skin and raven hair. Kemintiri straightens from her crouch and strides out from among the trees. She makes no attempt to hide her true form, her true beauty, her essence. Now that her quarry was gathered, the time to reveal herself, at least as Michelle St. Claire, had come.

Across the grounds toward the mansion she walks, naked but for the moonlight which plays upon her marble skin. The closer she gets the more she wonders about this night, these kindred, and the future, if there is one.

Two weeks ago she had returned to York to find a link to her past. Instead, she had found only fleeting memories and phantoms. She had left feeling more lost than when she had arrived. The loneliness had been overwhelming.

After she left, she had felt an assault on a bond she had been unaware of, an attachment to a love she once knew. Like all the loves she could remember, it had ended in betrayal – or so she thought. Nothing was clear.

She determined she had to return to York once more, to seek out the thrall and the alchemist who had freed her. To seek out those that she had once known in anyway – perhaps they could help her. Perhaps they could tell her who she really was….

Before arriving she had remembered that she was hunted by many, perhaps even by those she now sought out. Still, she had pressed on. She feared finding nothing more than finding enemies. Having enemies at least validated your existence. With neither enemies nor friends, Kemintiri was passing through this world like a ghost at the moment, at that was a loneliness she could not take. She would rather be hunted by enemies than alienated from the entire world like an invisible spectre. Still, it would be best to give herself the best possible chance to make allies not enemies. In the dark, no one noticed the black eyes of Kemintiri shift to the blue of Michelle St. Claire.

Now as she neared the mansion and verged on meeting those that she had know before, she knew she was about to get her wish; whether they were friend or foe, Kemintiri was about to step out of limbo and back into the world. She smiled wryly as she approached the doors to the mansion, one thought running through her mind:

[i:e219323eb8]Be careful what you wish for; you may get it.[/i:e219323eb8]

To be fated to telling only lies.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:49 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:20 pm
Eveshka looked at Julius and said simply, "When it rains it pours."

Julius looked at her strangely.

"Kemintiri has come. I must go to see her."

Before Julius could stop her, she ingested a blood pearl and left the room. She did not go through the room where Porter, Kathy, and Gabriel were, she went straight down the hall and into the entrance. As she opened the door, she came face to face with her former regent. She was still every bit as breathtaking as she remembered.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:42 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:42 am
(( All this fun happening in Mora's old stomping grounds and she's missing it <Sniff...>

Ah well... time to plot the next phase in Mora's deep sea adventures.... ))

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Swathed in nothing more substantial than moonlight, Kemintiri stood outside the doors of Julius Darrant’s York mansion. At those doors, the Toreador Eveshka now stood, dressed in black spandex and armed with her enchanted rapier and main gauche. For a moment, there was nothing but the quiet of night.

Kemintiri’s presence beckoned Eveshka, called to her deep in whatever soul she still possessed. Eveshka knew she was no longer bound to the anathema setite, but also knew that that dark beauty might still enchant her. Eveshka stepped forward cautiously, out of the doors and down the steps, but stopped well apart from her former lover. She was not at Kemintiri’s beck and call any longer. Neither beauty spoke, they simply stood there for a moment.

Without a word Kemintiri came slowly forward, hips swaying seductively, raven hair flowing like silk around her shoulders and breasts. She allowed Eveshka to see her as she truly was, to feel her presence and experience the perfection of form that 3000 years of un-life had brought her.

Still, Eveshka did not move.

Kemintiri came on, step by step, slowly crossing the distance between the two former lovers. Eveshka stood before her armed, perhaps armored, well prepared for combat. Kemintiri was not concerned; Kemintiri’s flesh was as marble and her powers far exceeded those of any mortal crafted weapon she had yet encountered in more than three millennia.

Kemintiri’s eyes ran across Eveshka’s lithe form as she approached. Her perfect, glossy lips parted just slightly as she considered the toreador’s body and remembered times they had shared. The thought of those lustful encounters prompted the release of slight gasp and Kemintiri licked her lips, her pink tongue sliding slowly between her slender, elongated fangs. Her eyes roamed the toreador as she remembered the creature’s sweet taste – and even sweeter bite.

And then the two stood, nor more than an arm’s length apart. Lust filled Kemintiri’s eyes; her mouth already parted as if to moan, her full round breasts, uncovered by anything but the stars and moon above, presented to her former lover. Slowly, she reached to Eveshka, gently taking the toreador’s hand. She could see lust in Eveshka’s eyes as well, but also mistrust, doubt, fear and defiance.

Kemintiri held Eveshka’s hand and began to slowly walk in a circle around the toreador, viewing her, examining her. She made no threatening move and said not a word. Kemintiri’s eyes ran across the black spandex that hugged every delicious curve Eveshka’s body had to offer and then strayed to look into Eveshka’s own eyes – still lustful, still wary, and still defiant. Kemintiri continued her circle, and once behind Eveshka she leaned in close to the toreador’s delicate neck. Kemintiri could see Eve’s hands slip slowly, but surely, to the hilts of her weapons. Kemintiri did not try to stop her, she simply breathed in the toreador’s scent and let the flame haired vixen breath in hers. As she leaned in, Kemintiri closed her eyes and let her breasts brush against Eveshka. For Kemintiri the contact was electric; her nipples hardened and she let out a slight gasp.

Kemintiri backed away slowly, completing her circle around Eveshka whose hands rested lightly on the hilts of her blades. Kemintiri reached out again, slowly, gently, and took hold of Eveshka’s right hand. Carefully, with as little force as possible she closed her hand around Eveshka’s forcing Eve to grip the weapon tightly. Eve’s eyes narrowed, but she did not yet resist. Kemintiri guided Eve’s hand back, drawing the blade free of its scabbard. Kemintiri stepped back away from Eveshka now, her hands sliding from Eve’s across the hilt and down the blade.

Silently, her eyes locked with Eve’s, Kemintiri stepped in front of the enchanted blade. Gingerly, her fingers lifted the tip of that dread weapon until it rested upon Kemintiri’s own breast. Her eyes still locked into in those of the toreador, Kemintiri took a half step forward and leaned into the blade ever so slightly. She gasped and the gasp turned into a soft moan, as if her lover had just entered her, which in some respect was true. A tiny rivulet of vitae ran down the milky white skin of Kemintiri’s breast, across her abdomen, and down to her sex. From there, a tiny dribble made its way down her leg.

There the two stood. Eveshka, in her black cat suit, arm and rapier extended, poised to impale, and Kemintiri, naked but for her own blood, poised to be impaled. Kemintiri’s eyes were heavy, her blinks slow and sensual. Her gaze was matched by her countenance, as her lips were still parted in lust and expectation.

For a moment, nothing happened. There was no sound and no movement other than the slow running of Kemintiri’s crimson vitae across her alabaster body.

Slowly a smile crossed Kemintiri’s lips. It was a wicked grin, born of lust, filled with expectation, and yet it also betrayed her vulnerability. She was hunter and hunted. Murderer and victim. Mistress and slave.

Locking eyes once again with Eveshka, Kemintiri finally spoke, asking but a single question:

“Are you still mine?”

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:35 am Reply with quote
User avatarGhoulPosts: 7Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:54 am
Julius headed firstly for the ballroom, where the three stunned Cascadians awaited. Gabriel opened his mouth as if to speak.

"Not now." Interrupted Julius before sound issued from Gabriel's mouth. "A Setite Antideluvean is at my front door and all here are in mortal danger. The name Kemintiri should mean something to you, Gabriel."

Gabriel blinked. Kemintiri, the Anathema, on Julius' doorstep. One of the Camarilla's most wanted kindred and considered dangerous beyond compare. The utter rediculousness of his situation was almost comical. From Seneschal of small town USA to this? At least Julius and Eveshka hadn't tried to eat him, yet just as he reels from discovering the truth of their powers, Kemintiri turns up. He should have expected it really. Doubtless Caine would be shortly arriving for tea and perhaps a slice of fruit cake.

"Stay here, all of you. The room is magically protected." Continued Julius. "If you see a small light appear, follow it to a secret exit from the manor. The wards upon the house will be your only defence, if this happens, for I shall surely be dead."

Gabriel could only nod as he watched Julius quaff a vast quantity of vitae, before running towards the front door. He stopped in the doorway, observing the dance. Watched as the snake once again attempted to snare Eveshka within her coils. Julius simply waited in the doorway, ready to fight if need be, but biding his time. This decision Eveshka would have to make alone and for herself only.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:00 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
[i:f416bfafbb]"He wants us to wait here like fledglings?"[/i:f416bfafbb] Porter snarled, taking several deliberate steps towards the door where the solemn Tremere slipped through.

[i:f416bfafbb]"Porter no!"[/i:f416bfafbb] Kathy cried, chasing after him. Outside the chateau, barely visable through the high arching windows of foyer, lightning temporarily illuminated the treetops, and revealed three statuesque figures. Porter stopped, glancing over his shoulder, only a step from the front door. [i:f416bfafbb]"Compared to what's outside, we ARE fledglings."[/i:f416bfafbb]

[i:f416bfafbb]"What do you think that makes Darrant?"[/i:f416bfafbb] The Gangrel snarled, now pacing in front of the French styled double doors. The soft flicker of candles splashed his shadow across the narrow hallway, it's intricate dance moving with each step he took. Thick clusters of ebony hair trailed him as he stalked the room, almost catlike.

"Suicidal perhaps?"[/i] Gabriel said quietly, having relocated himself near the front door as well. He crouched over several feet from where the Gangrel nervously paced, and sat digging through his suitcase.

[i:f416bfafbb]"Well I refuse to hide in here like a coward."[/i:f416bfafbb]

An oppressive silence overtook the room, and the three Kindred simply listened to the muffled voices outside quip back and forth. The air in the room began to stagnate and Porter was becoming increasingly anxious.

[i:f416bfafbb]"Jesus Gabriel, what does she want?"[/i:f416bfafbb] Kathy whispered, edging closer to the windows. At last her lover joined her side, staring apprehensively through the whitewashed window panes. The lawn spilled out in the front of them, drenched now in moonlight, the preceeding storm having seemingly vanished into thin air.

The Anathema, a figure he had never even comprehended running across, stood silently on the front lawn, her nude form contending with Eveshka's radiant beauty. She was both splendid and ghastly at the same time, the holder of so much power...

[i:f416bfafbb]"I could say Kathy...but I've no intention to find out."[/i:f416bfafbb] he whispered, finally producing a shimmering schimitar from a sack he had placed in his suitcase. [i:f416bfafbb]"This thing is undoubtably more powerful than either Eveshka or Julius...I don't intend to be next in line."[/i:f416bfafbb]

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:28 am Reply with quote
[i:d9f444dd12]San Francisco[/i:d9f444dd12]

Two women take seats at a small red table by the windows of Nirvana, a trendy noodle bar in the Castro neighborhood of the City. Though both beautiful, they are a study in opposites. One is a raven haired brunette whose gently wavy locks fall elegantly about her shoulders; the other is blond, her hair curly and seemingly unkempt, almost wild. The brunette wears a tight low-cut, silk, sweater that matches the blue of her eyes. With the sweater she wears a tight, but otherwise conservative, black skirt. Her legs are sheathed in shear stockings and she wears knee high boots with a substantial heel. Her make up is matched to her outfit and is perfectly applied. Her scent is musky, and expensive, without being too exotic. The look is elegant, relaxed, and professional.

The blond on the other hand wears an olive drab military style jacket, likely purchased from an army surplus store. She wears well-worn khaki cargo pants, the pockets clearly well used and full. She wears no make up, but its absence does not detract from her beauty. On her feet she wears Puma cross trainers. The look is somewhere between skateboard punk, homeless and third world adventurer.

The two study each other across the small red table. Both have ordered drinks and neither has tasted theirs. They are old acquaintances. Very old acquaintances.

As they sit watching the crowds go by out on the sidewalk of Castro St., they speak in French to lessen the chance of eavesdroppers. The general noise of the Castro adds to their protection.

The brunette speaks first. “You are a long way from home Lucinde. I find it hard to believe my return alone could drag you across the Atlantic. So what brings you here?”

The blond smiles. “Ever to the point Michele? No reminiscing?” She pauses, but only for a moment. The questions are rhetorical. “I have my reasons, and I have my questions.” The blond leans forward. “Tell me about York.”

The brunette, Michelle St. Claire, once Michele Du Claire, rolls her eyes at the question. “As I have said, many times now, I have never been to York. It has been years, decades even, since I have been to England at all.”

The blond, a creature known as Lucinde, simply nods. “Yes, but I had to hear you say it, see your aura.”

Michelle smiles. “I know. But you are still a bitch”. She holds the smile.

The blond leans back. “And you are still a whore. But lets leave the personal attacks out of this. You know why I have come calling don’t you? Why I am interested in your return? And your…departure?”

“You mean my betrayal? My torpor at the hands of the anarchs?” Though Michelle needs no breath, having been a vampire for more than 500 years, she sighs anyway. “Yes, I know why you are here. I have heard the rumors. Someone using my name and likeness went to York and the Camarilla, in its infinite wisdom made that person the Prince of the city.” Michelle smiles again. “Nice work by the way. I am simply soooo impressed by the efficiency of the Ventrue leadership and the inner circle in general.”

The comment bites at Lucinde, but she rejects the bait and does not bite back. “Do you know who we, or at least I, suspect is behind the deception?”

Michelle giggles. “Of course. Though you are the Ventrue Justicar Lucinde, you have had a single mission for decades. Besides, there is probably only one creature that could pull off such a ruse anyway. You are, as you have been for years, looking for Kemintiri.”

This comment bites Lucinde, as she fears her own transparency when it comes to her quest to find the anathema. For a moment Lucinde says nothing. Then she nods. She studies Michelle for a moment. She first met the dark haired beauty centuries ago when Lucinde was but an archon. She had helped raid a setite brothel, one that maintained a harem of vampires for clients whose desires could simply not be performed with, or on, mortal women. Michelle had been a part of that harem.

After her rescue, Lucinde had tried to train Michelle to become an archon herself. Michelle had so much potential. Her blood was strong, she was frighteningly intelligent and she seemed to be afraid of nothing. But, in the terminology of the Far East, she was a poisoned dragon. Her decades in the brothel, or perhaps her embrace or even just her native personality left her with a self-destructive hedonistic streak that could not be controlled. Even as Lucinde attempted to train her, Michele repeatedly got involved in one scandal after another in pre-revolution France. Her circle, then known as the Salon de la Nuit, formed the inspiration for Les Liasons Dangereuses. When the Salon was punished for their exploits, and for nearly violating the masquerade, their punishment was later recorded by the Marquis de Sade, a pet of certain elders at that time, in his 120 days of Sodom. Though Michele survived those times, as well as the revolution, she was no archon. Indeed, she was one of Lucinde’s great disappointments.

Lucinde looked across the table at her. On the outside, professional, elegant, and very attractive. On the inside, debauched, insecure and self-destructive. How sad. Still, Lucinde had a quest.

“I need your help.” Lucinde asked. “I need to know what you know about Kemintiri.”

Michelle furrowed her well-groomed brows. “Me? I know almost nothing. I have never met her as far as I know. I was told she performs a ritual on those who lives she assumes so I suspect she was probably mixed in with the anarchs who chased me into the tunnels. Why she left me in torpor and not destroyed I do not know.”

Lucinde considered the answer. It was what she expected.

For the next hour Lucinde asked questions and Michele gave responses that were not answers. She knew little or nothing that Lucinde did not already know.

“What is the inner circle going to do now? It’s bad enough that Kemintiri killed Michaelis and imitated a Justicar – now she has been a Camarilla prince? And note, both times, Ventrue. Our clan seems particularly inept at stopping her.” This last was a direct jab at Lucinde, who had served as archon to Michaelis and later as Justicar when Kemintiri had posed as the Prince of York.

Again Lucinde avoided the bait. She was not here to try and work out the centuries of bad blood that existed between her and Michele. She did have one final question.

“Michele, do you know a Russian toreador named Eveshka?”

Michele sat looking out the window at the colorful denizens of the Castro. “No. Should I?”

Lucinde smiled. She was well aware of Eveshka’s fondness for the false Michele. Perhaps that could be used. “No, I suppose not. Though perhaps I will arrange a meeting someday. Perhaps.”…

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:48 am Reply with quote
"Are you still mine?"

The question reverberated and echoed through the night like a full battery of artillery firing in unison in the midst of a prayer meeting.

Kemintiri stared deeply into Eveshka's soul with her lips parted expectantly.

"Were you ever mine?" asked Eve, flexing her fingers beneath the immaculately roped golden hilt of her rapier. She knows that mere yards away, Julius and his entire arsenal of supernatural powers lay coiled to strike this snake from the past. Kemintiri smiled at Eveshka with a slow smile meant to disarm her. Eveshka does not smile back.

"Did it not seem so - am I not yours right at this very moment? Yours to kill, or yours to love...." said Kemintiri.

"It seemed like something," responded Eveshka with a hint of sorrow in her voice. Sorrow and longing. "what would you have of me now Kemintiri. There was a time when I would have given my very soul to keep you safe, yet you ran from me."

"Did I? I do not remember - I do not remember how I ended in sleep next to you, though I am aware that you drank from me - indeed, tried to drink all of me. It does not seem to me that I ran - but you did try to slay me..." purred Kemintiri seeming sincere enough.

Eveshka's eyes blazed defiantly as she growled, "You induced it somehow. I would not have destroyed you on my own. You tried to use me."

Kemintiri answered her with a bittersweet smile saying, "Perhaps, perhaps, there are certainly times when I long for the release of final death."

"YOU didn't want the release of final death, you wanted to be free of the hounds of the Camarilla, "yelled the Comtesse blinking a blood tear away. "You KNEW i couldn't take all of you!"

The setite antedeluvian regarded her silently for a moment, "If I wanted to be free of the hounds, why would I appear here - in front of their servants, with no disguise, no srtifice to hide me, naked, and at your mercy? If I wanted to disappear - I have had my opportunity.
But I came back - I came back for you.... And now I risk everything."

Eveshka blinked more blood tears away and looked away from her former Dark Mistress. Her rapier, still pointed into the Dark Mistress' chest faltered slightly as the spiritual battle within Eve raged once again. The battle between Sacred Love and Profane Love. Finally she spoke. "So what would you have of me?"

Kemintiri ran her hand down the length of the Toreador Methuselah's blade causing blood to run down it, through the rope work of the intricate guard and onto Eveshka's gloved hand. Even through the glove the vitae seered her undead skin. Kemintiri smiled and said, "I stand at your mercy, under the gaze of your wizard, in front of the hounds of the Camarilla who watch, behind leaded glass..." After an eternity of silence she finished with,"I would have you. As I had you before, and as you had me...."

"Who ARE you?" demanded Eveshka. Kemintiri gasped slightly. "Are you Kemintiri the Destroyer? Kemintiri the murdering Whore? Or are you something else completely?"

Kemintiri turned her head away, her turn to shed tears. "I....." began Kemintiri, only to be cut off by the Russian.

"I am not the same woman I was three years ago. Things are happening that are greater than me, more powerful than even YOU Kemintiri," said Eve, turning the Setite Goddess around in a slow circle with her rapier still pointed into her naked breast.

Kemintiri allowed herself to be turned while she softly said, "There are many, many things more powerful than I.... And few as lost."

Eveshka continued circling her, the rapier point forcing Kemintiri to circle with her. "So who or what are you," demanded the Russian, her aura flickering all over the place." Kemintiri sheepishly whispered, "You tell me. Who am I? Who SHOULD I be?"

Eve stopped turning Kemintiri and said, "It doesn't work that way KEmintiri. It's only taken me 800 years to figure that out. You've had 3000."

Kemintiri blinked and said, "Have I? I suppose I have..."

"There was a time that i would have gone through the fires of hell for you.... to be with you," said Eveshka, her emotions taking over more and more as she speaks with the Setite.

"And why not now?" asked Kemintiri.

Eveshka stomped her foot and lowered her rapier screaming into the night, accenting each word sharply, "BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW IF YOU ARE REAL!!!! Why am I different? HOW am I different? WHY ME!?!?! Why not that useless piece of shit Lucinde?," screamed the Toreador Princess, her words dripping with wrath.

Kemintiri smiled softly and asked, "A riddle of the heart Eveshka?" She regarded the younger vampire for a moment before continuing, "In all this time I do not understand mine any better than I did so long ago when...... well... when I was younger..."

"For once in our relationship, answer me straight forward," cut in Eveshka, ending the Setite's musing. "I know you still have emotion. I know you still feelm," she said. "We joined once... remember? In Warwick. We became one."

"I remember," said Kemintiri.

"You pushed me out.... why?" asked Eve. "Was it to save me? Or to HURT me?"

The Egyptian softly, and with all appearances of sincerity, "Never to hurt you Eveshka, never to hurt you."

Eveshka closed her eyes and used Skin of the Adder for the first time in years, a gift from the union of the two vampires in Warwick by an ancient Druid. Her skin changed colours and took on the appearance of a snake. Inside the house Gabriel and Kathy gasped. Julius, who still stood at the top of the stairs simply watched.

"You are still in me," said Eve to Kemintiri. Almost accusing her with the statement.

"So i see," said the Setite, her eyes narrowing slightly.

"I don't want it anymore," said Eveshka, letting the effect run its course. "I can't take the debauchery. I can't take the immorality. I can't take any of it. I am too old for this nonsense and I am running out of time."

Kemintiri laughed outloud. A sinister sounding laugh, but one that had elements of humanity to it still. Anger flared up in Eve's eyes at the sound of it.

"The debauchery? The immorality?" asked Kem. "Where do you see either of these this night? Have a brought a harem of boys?"

"I saw the lust in your aura," said Eve. "The basest of romantic notions."

Kem smiled wickedly and said, "Yessssssss..... I do lust for you Eve - I always have, do you find that so repugnant?"

"No," answered Eve with cutting simplicity. "I still want it," she continued and lowered her head in defeat. The Setite would have her again, she thought. She would have her and there was nothing she could do about it.

Kemintiri reached out slowly to touch her chin and raise her head. She stepped in slowly and paused, a scant breath away form Eve's face. At the first touch of Kemintiri, Eveshka recoiled with a mighty gasp and summoned a host of wraiths which circled and screamed around them like banshees. Banshees that awaited the signal to attack.
Julius' eyes turned to flaming orbs at the site, but did nothing. He would not interfere until called upon. Gabriel and Kathy gasped at the site of the legion of wraiths circling the manor and the two seemingly omnipotent women standing out front.

"DO NOT TAKE SUCH LICENSE WITH ME!" screamed the angry Toreador. " I don't know anything. I don't KNOW a FUCKING THING."

Kemintiri, who had flinched slightly at the army of undead beings, recovered in less than a heart beat and icily said, "Vulgarity does not become you Eveshka. But i will not take such license again." Eveshka tried to read her aura at this, but could not as it was securely hidden behind Soul Mask.

"Even now you re hiddne from me, " said Eve. "You come desiring me and you cannot even reveal yourself to me."

"It is not you I hide myself from," said Kemintiri. "It is the sorcery of the wizard."

Eveshka flashed her eyes to Julius who stood smoldering at the top of the stairs. "He will do nothing Kemintiri. Unless you attempt to harm me," she said and paused a moment before continuing. "Then all Hell will break loose."

"You underestimate his passion, Eveshka," said Kemintiri.

Eveshka quipped back, "Enlighten me then."

The two regarded each other with tensions building to an electrifying peak. The tension broke as Eveshka flung her rapier into the ground saying, "This reminds me of another time...."

"When was that," asked Kem, watching Eveshka draw her main gauche and fling that away in turn as well.

"When i was your regent and tried to break the bond myself to see if you truly loved me," answered Eve. "I am unarmed. If you would have me, what will you do with me," asked Eve. Kemintiri said nothing. "I am now a Prince in my own right."

Kemintiri looked slightly taken aback, but then looked almost proud. "Are you?"

Eveshka took a few steps closer to Kemintiri and asked, "Would you have me give it all up for one last hurrah of destruction before the entire inner circle crashes down on our heads?"

Kemintiri recoiled, with tears flowing fown her cheeks. She opened her mouth as if to speak but cannot seem to find words.

"No," the villanized Egyptian Queen finally responded feeling beaten.

"Good-bye. Eveshka. Live long, and find happiness," she said with a smile and turned to go.

Eveshka watched her for a moment. Julius' eyes returned to normal thinking that the situation was finally over.

"Then WHAT," asked Eveshka moving towards Kemintiri again, Julius rolled his eyes thinking, "Ah fuck, here we go again."

"What would you have of me, Kemintiri?"

"You were the first to make me feel like a goddess," said Eve. "Did you USE me?"

Kemintiri stood slightly bathed in shadows, shadows that were pierced at times by the passing of the wraiths that yet circled the area. "You are right Eveshka - you have alife, a world, a place, friends - I would only destroy it. I do not wish to do that to you."

"Then WHY must you destroy it?" implored Eveshka. "Just banish Kemintiri, go back to being Michelle."

Kemintiri looked at her and shrugged with a smile, "Because I am the villain - and as you said - the inner cirle will come, Lucinde will come, and they will try to destroy me and those that are with me." She smiled another bittersweet smile and finished with, "And the real Michelle is awake."

That last statement didn't even register with Eve. "You want me to tell you who you are?" she asked. "You are a woman. You are a woman who has been MADE a villain. Lucinde and the entire Inner Circle thinks you are gone. STOP trying to find the secret to eternal Life. IT DOESN'T EXIST!"

Kemintiri's lips part to speak but again cannot find words for a moment.
"You may be right Eve, but whether I was made a villain, whether what I seek exists, you are also right that I will likely bring you only harm," she said. "so - what would YOU have me do?"

Eveshka covered her face with her hands and continues to weep. She meandered drunkenly to lean against a tree not far off the path. She knows she lost the fight. She knows it in her heart. She whispered more to herself than anyone else, "I love you, god help me I still love you." Eveshka looked up at Kemintiri and commands, "Come away with me to Touraine." She blinks her eyes frantically as if fighting within herself again. "You will be safe there. It is my domain: Chenonceau, Tours, Chinon.... all of it. Mine." Julius groaned standing on the door step, knowing the battle has just been lost for good now.

Kemintiri smiled at her and said, "I love you too Eveshka - and you want me to come with you I will, but I do not wish to bring you any harm."

"THEN DON'T HARM ME," shouted Eveshka in exasperation. "It's REALLY that simple."

"Is it?" asked Kem with genuine confusion. "Is that the way Lucinde will see it? Or the inner circle? Or even my younger bretheren?"

"Just don't surface again, and what they think can be changed, erased from their minds."

"But i HAVE surfaed Eveshka, right here... right now... to see you," said Kemintiri.

"I know that, take a new form, a new identity. Come with me to Touraine. Just start again. Just believe you can, that's all you need to do," said Eveshka sounding, in Julius' ears, like a complete fledgling.

"Continue your search for true immortality, just don't start blowing stuff up. Touraine is safe. It's quiet. It's MINE," said Eve with much conviction.

Kemintiri smiled and nods. "I will come Eve - but tell me this, will you allow me my search? Do you not have a search of your own? Do you not still seek the blood of the one you call Caine?"

"I seek something," said Eveshka. "I don't know yet what it is." Kemintiri nodded as Eveshka looked down, thinking. "I do know," she continued as Kemintiri smiled. "I am not seeking the blood of Caine. I am seeking redemption of my own soul."

Kemintiri looked at her strangely, not comprehending her meaning. "For what?" she asked. "Eveshka - just because you are undead - why do you believe your soul in peril?"

Eveshka looked into Kemintiri's eyes once again, her soul reaching out again, becoming entrapped in the unknown that is the Anathema Kemintiri. "What good is all the power in this world if you can only wield it for at most a few hundred years. A reckoning is coming," said Eve. "I still cannot commune with the Lord, I still cannot set foot on consecrated ground, I am still damned." She stared into Kemintiri's eyes and delivered the punchline, "As are you."

"I have heard that before Eveshka - in fact, I have heard for 3000 years, and as much as I would like that day to come it never does," said Kemintiri with bitterness and sorrow in her voice.

"Help us find it," begged Eve, sinking to her knees and grasping Kemintiri's right hand . "Help me, please my love.... help me."

Kemintiri dropped to her knees as well and kissed Eve's hand, "I will help you my love, I will help you."

Eveshka smiled and said, "Go home now... Go."

Kemintiri looked sad again and asked, "Home? Where is home?" Eveshka looked at her a moment before answering. "Do you recall the Loire Valley from Michelle's youth?"

Kemintiri smiled and nodded, "Of course, it is as if it was my own youth."

"Mont Louis. The chatelet on the hill, just outside of Valencay."

Kemintiri nodded.

"I will be there soon," said Eve. "If you are there, I will knoq you are true. If you are not," Eveshka paused and looked away. "I will forget you."

"Alright my love," said Kemintiri in something sounding like relief. "But Eveshka...."

"Yes?" asked Eve.

"I know you seek to protect me in your lands, in your domain, and I will go and will be there waiting for you - I ask this," she said. "Please do not turn your fortress into a cage for me. I have not the strength to escape anymore, and eternity as a prisoner is more than I can bear to think about. Let me be you lover - not your possession."

Evshka nodded with a smile, but said nothing.

"But I will be there either way - it is only a request," finished Kemintiri.

"It will not be a prison. You are free to go," said Eve. "If you go and do not return, know that I will not look for you. Also know that I will not betray you. If you leave here now and go your own way, I will not give you away."

Michelle smiled and said, "Then i will await you there in the Loire. But one lsat thing."

Eveshka looked up at the wraiths still flying around, to Julius who stood listening, to the nearly comical expressions on Gabriel's and Kathy's faces through the window as they strained to listen in but couldn't. "Yes?"

Kemintiri looked at Eveshka very seriously again before speaking. "As I mentioned, Michelle is awake in San Francisco. Stolen from Paris and sold back to the new Prince there."

Eveshka looked more confused than alarmed. "Stolen from Paris? What are you tlaking about. I had her KILLED. Gaelle brought me word of the success of her mission." She shook her head in confusion as the world again turned upside down. The battle within her began again.

"I do not know how it happened, I just have a link to her so I know it did happen," said the Setite. "She has been asked about her time in York.
About why she abandonded her city.... Her responses were as you might predict."

Eveshka said nothing, she wsa thinking that Renee had to have known something about it and kept it quiet from her. She was the one who observed that Michelle St. Clair was no more from her aura. What was going on? Had she been duped?

"Lucinde goes to San Francisco and will pick up the trail from there," said Kemintiri. " I say this just to warn you."

Eveshka looked down, heavy in thought. "I will have a talk with Renee. She led me to believe," Eve trailed off. "Lucinde is going to San Francisco? I can't have this." The desire for self preservation was warming up her well honed skills of deception and scheming. Kemintiri touched her hand and said, "I will try and disappear into the Loire."

Eveshka wasn't listening, "Lucinde already wants my head, she will just use this as as pretet to destroy me."

"Avoid her," commanded Kemintiri. "She may not be as powerful as you, but if slain, the whole of the Camarilla will follow. I know, it is what happened after I killed Michaelis. And I have been running ever since."

"But they already know, or THINK that they know that I diablerized you," said Eveshka in a slightly calmer tone.

The two talked for a moment longer about the possibilities of duping Lucinde, there was no question about it, Kathy's and Gabe's minds would be erased. It wouldn't be too difficult. Porter wouldn't need to have his mind altered. He could be trusted. Julius, of course, was completely trustworthy. Gabe and Kathy were the loose ends. Eve's mind was reeling. She did not want to have to make anyone "disappear." It depended on how well they responded to "suggestion." Eveshka finally looked at Kemintiri with concern in her eyes, "Go.... Hide."

Kemintiri nodded and said, "I will, goodbye Eve. Come for me. I will see you soon I hope." She turned and walked into the night, fading into the darkness.

Eveshka turned and walked up the stairs towards Julius who was going to need some explanations.

"When it rains it fucking pours," said Eveshka as she approached Julius.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:01 am Reply with quote
Julius looked at her apprehensively as if waiting for more information.
They were in relative seclusion here on the doorstep but she knew that inside were Porter, whom she trusted, and Gabe and Kathy, whom she did not trust, but could easily deal with. She whispered to Julius, "I will fill you in on everything, but their memories must be altered first. At least Gabriel's and Kathy's." Julius nodded. "We brought them out to the front entranceway to show them the lovely marble pattern," asked Julius. "That's as good as anything else," replied Eve. "And it is simple, it would be very hard to find fault with something that mundane."

The two rearranged themselves and entered the mansion to modify two memories. Eveshka gently took Porter by the hand and led him away, while Julius was finishing up the last bits of memory modification. "Please Porter, I am trusting you to keep this secret. It is not what you think. SHE is not what you think," said Eve, motioning back in the direction that Kemintiri had been. "Please, I have never betrayed you or led you astray Porter, in all the years we've known each other. Please go along with this one."

Porter considered it for a moment and said, "Ok Old Woman. But you owe me something big for this." Eveshka merely nodded adn then smiled. "I will owe you something for this, not a lifeboon, but something big." Ports patted her on the hand and said, "I believe you were showing us some pretty rocks in the entry way."

The two went back in and heard Julius giving a witty discourse on the various nifty things that can be done with Marble.

((I realize i am taking some license here and that there would be dice rolling involved, but it shouldn't be TOO hard seeing as Eve is 6th gen and a meth, and Julius is well, at least on par with a Obi-wan Kenobi, if not Yoda:

[i:2ab23a5c4a] Julius- that is not the Kemintiri you are looking for

Gabe and Kathy in mindnumbed unison- This is not the Kemintiri we are looking for

Julius - she can go about her business

Gabe and Kathy in mind numbed unision- she can go about her business

Julius - Move along.

Gabe and Kathy in mind numbed unison -move along... move along. ))
[/i:2ab23a5c4a]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:15 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGhoulPosts: 7Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:54 am
What in the name of fuck was she doing? After all of this, after she tried to kill him and he yet again risked his life to break her bond, the snake slithers in and Eve promises to keep her safe. Julius felt betrayed and he did not care for being described as "your wizard". Only a few months ago an event like this would likely have shredded his often fiery temper and someone would have suffered for it. Perhaps himself. Recent events had taught him the value of restraint and it was only fair that he give Eveshka the chance to explain.

The night had been long. He had made some pretence of looking at Gabriel's sword, intending to study it further later. Gabriel had, finally, begun to be honest with him and with Porter as a trusted link between Eveshka and Gabriel, there had been less suspicion and tension during their discussions. Julius would be heading back to Turkey with Gabriel whilst Eveshka would head to Touraine. As far as Gabriel knew, she needed to attend her fief.

As the first hint of the coming sunrise began to lighten the sky, Julius and Eveshka were finally left alone. Gabriel and Kathy lay entwined in a guest bedroom and Porter was... well wherever he was. Julius poured three drinks, setting a large armagnac in front of himself and in front of Eveshka, both a large malt scotch and an absinthe, mixed with vitae, a stick of celery in the glass.

Julius raised his glass, meeting Eveshka's eyes and summarized all of the questions on his mind into one simple statement.

"I wasn't sure what you would want to drink, love." He said.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Far across the grounds, hidden deep within shadow, Kemintiri watched Evehska return to the mansion. The Toreador spoke quietly with the Tremere wizard and Kemintiri listened from a far, though not so to their voices, but to their thoughts.

Her brief encounter with Eveshka left Kemintiri feeling more alone than when she had first awoke and stalked the ruins of Club Purgatory, chasing the phantoms of her past. Kemintiri was undead, but she was not lifeless; she had no heart in her breast, but she was not heartless. She could still feel, love and hate. She could also see into the hearts of others. She needed no vampiric powers to do this, just her own senses and her intuition. This night, Kemintiri had seen into the heart of Evehska and what she had seen there stabbed the setite beauty through her soul:

Eveshka did not love her.

Eveshka wanted her, that was true. Eve craved the taste of Kemintiri’s blood, of her power. Eve admired her beauty and lusted for her to the point of self-damnation. But Eve did not love her.

Eve loved Michelle St. Claire, a woman she had never even met.

In the darkness, Kemintiri began cried silently. Crimson streaks of blood flowed from her eyes. Those eyes were not the black pits of Kemintiri the Destroyer, nor were they the deep liquid blue orbs of Michelle. The eyes that cried now were the green eyes of a young princess from Khem, the Black Land, as Egypt was known in ages long since past. A princess whose unearthly beauty had set her apart her from all others, before or since. An unearthly beauty that had tempted the gods of her age and proved to be her undoing more than three thousand years ago.

Once, in an age she struggled to never remember, she had tried to love two men, two gods. But love and lust engender envy and mistrust. She had lost both, been punished by both, and instead of being loved, this most beautiful of creatures had been cast out, cursed to live forever and live forever without love.

Tonight, her hopes for happiness were dashed yet again. She was still alone. Eve did not love her, and soon, perhaps very soon, she would realize it….

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:53 am Reply with quote
(( :::sniffles and wipes tears::: ))

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:51 am Reply with quote
[b:cc865d9752][i:cc865d9752] DATELINE OCTOBER 5, 2002: CNN HEADLINE NEWS SHOWDOWN IN THE GULF [/i:cc865d9752][/b:cc865d9752] [i:cc865d9752]

More explosions this evening in Baghdad as the street to street and house to house fighting continues for the third straight week. The Pentagon has admitted that several of the explosions "may have been made by weapons of mass destruction." They have made assurances that Coalition soldiers have been mostly untouched. Elements of the famed 101st Airborne Division has taken Tikrit, the ancestral home of Saddam Hussein, after weeks of house to house fighting. The city lies in ruins.

In Washington and San Francisco, peace protesters have rallied in the hundreds of thousands to denounce the US Government's involvement in what they label to be a war of aggression against the innocent people of Iraq. The President has expressed his disappointment but stands by his convictions that the war is just.

The Vatican. Pope John Paul II has shown no signs of regaining consciousness from his coma. He was badly injured in an automobile accident last week as he journeyed from Rome to Monte Cassino. His prognosis is stated as "grim." The College of Cardinals is making inquiries for a successor should he not be able to continue in his Office.

[/i:cc865d9752]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:26 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
Gabriel awoke the following night to the overwhelming scent of moist grass and the chorus of crickets chrooning through the open bedroom window. Kathy's slender silky arms lay laced across his bare midsection, her naked body pressed against his. As the drowsy euphoria of slumber began to wane, Gabriel slipped carefully from her arms and made his way across the room.

As he rummaged through the dressers where his clothing lay folded neatly, the events of the previous nights reverberated in his brain. Their arrival had been none too pleasant, Julius taking particular offense of the extra house guest. As barbaric and tactless as his "show" was, it had been effective, and the Ventrue guest now realized how crucial his trustful cooperation and assistance were to be in the matters at hand.

The rest of the night was somewhat blurry, perhaps from the shock of their hosts behavior. Gabriel vaguely remembered a rather long lecture on early 16th century masonry and marble work that he had found excrutiatingly dull, but other than that only quotes and scenes remained. Like still frames in his mind he could picture them clearly, but could not put them into any type of context or order. Something else lingered in the recesses of his mind....a lost memory. But as he attempted to zero in on it, it escaped his grasp like the fleeting dream from an awoken sleeper.

By the time he was dressed in his usual slacks and woolen sweater, to befit the damp English night, the memory had completely vanished from his train of thought. He slipped silently down the Victorrian staircase and made his way into the kitchen where Eveshka and Julius sat a small round table.

As he entered the room they fell strangely silent, both looking up at him with blank faces, as if to purposely imply he had interupted something important. A mood of annoyance eminated from the Comtesse only briefly, before she smiled and invited him in.

[i:ddc8eca397]"Ah, look who's finally up. It's half past eight, we were beginning to think you'd sleep all night."[/i:ddc8eca397] she said cheerily, sliding her chair slightly to accomodate the Ventrue.

[i:ddc8eca397]"Yes...travelling can be tiresome."[/i:ddc8eca397] Gabriel responded sullenly. He scanned the room for any sign of Porter but found none. No doubt the Gangrel had fled in the night to get a better survey of his surroundings.

[i:ddc8eca397]"Well Gabriel, I'm sorry to hear that."[/i:ddc8eca397] Julius said [i:ddc8eca397]"Unfortuneatly, as much I'm enjoying having house guests, we must leave for Turkey soon. We must further analyze your prize."[/i:ddc8eca397] The last word came out with a bit of unintentional contempt, which although justified, nearly caused Gabriel to sink from his chair.

[i:ddc8eca397]"Of course. When do we leave?"[/i:ddc8eca397]

[i:ddc8eca397]"I've booked us a 1 AM flight into Instanbul...but look how rude I'm being, I've not even offered you anything to drink!"[/i:ddc8eca397] The Tremere rose from his chair and went about rummaging through the refridgerator. He placed an assortment of bottles on the counter, ranging from fine liquors to exceedingly rare vitaes. [i:ddc8eca397]"Ah, it's virgin's blood correct? Female if I'm not mistaken?"[/i:ddc8eca397] he said offhandedly.

Gabriel gasped slightly at Julius' casual reference to his blood preferance. To his knowledge he had at no point mentioned his restriction or least of all the specific type he craved to the Tremere, but apparently Julius had done some digging. To a Ventrue, knowing one's blood preferance was a major advantage, and the Clan of Kings strived to keep such information secret at all costs.

But from the affable expression written on Julius' face, he had apparently meant no harm by it, but was merely intent on being a polite host. The gesture, while innocent, was still a testiment to his abilities. Gabriel, now considerably impressed, nodded and took the cup of vitae with a false smile.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:54 am Reply with quote
[i:df13958b78] York, England, the night of Kemintiri's arrival. Just after Gabe and Kathy had retired for the morning. [/i:df13958b78]

Julius and Eve sat up in his private study on the opposite wing of the house from the guest quarters. They had been speaking for hours now. Speaking was a euphomism however. Were this anyone other than Eveshka Shuvolov, Comtesse de Touraine, former Boyarina of Pskov, she'd probably have been a fine layer of dust. Conversely, had Julius been anyone other than Julius Darrant, Tremere Pontifex, he'd have been bones. Yet it was not the thought of the awesome power the other wielded that stayed their respective hands. It was the deep respect and love for one another that guided them through this minefield.

"For FUCK'S SAKE Eveshka, this is TWICE you've damned near destroyed me on account of that fucking snake. If you go back to her, that is fucking it. You are on your fucking own. No more fucking Julius to play the white fucking knight and pull your pretensious Toreador cunt out of the fire," bellowed the enraged Pontifex who felt more betrayed than anything else. The damned setite pops out of nowhere and Eve crumbles like a stupid school girl.

Eveshka slapped him across the face using no blood strength. It was merely a slap. Julius' face recoiled from the hit and he turned back to face the ancient Toreador defiantly.

"How am I betraying you? Are you just jealous that you might not have me around to suck your tremere cock anymore? I FUCKING LOVE HER YOU ASSHOLE. I am [b:df13958b78]IN [/b:df13958b78] love with her still. You don't understand, you can't POSSIBLY understand. You are probably not even a century old. You are practically still mortal," yelled back Eveshka.

"Yeah," said Julius. "Like that fucking matters a fucking hill of fucking shit. Whether I am 8 years old or 8000 years old is ir-fucking-relevant."

"YES IT MATTERS!!! That is the ONLY thing that matters. You FORGET what it is like to love. To feel. I Love you Julius, you know that, but it is different. She made me feel ALIVE. I love being around you, I love making love to you. I Love fucking your brains out. But it is not the same. Besides, there is also the fact that if she is on her own without someone to fucking babysit her, she will get into some god awful fucking mess. A mess that will somehow lead right back to me. And Lucinde already is looking for an excuse to end me."

Julius gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes that were starting to be rimmed with fire. "Listen to yourself Eve. She's GOT you already. She's sucked you in hook, line, and fucking sinker. Sure you think you are strong enough to face you, but listen to yourself, for once in your fucking life, listen to what you are saying." Julius assumed a mocking high pitched voice and said, "She's different, she makes me feel alive." Eveshka snarled and turned from him.

"There are some lovely Waterford Crystal glasses for you to smash just in the cupboard. Smash away. And as you are tearing apart my house you spoiled cunt think on this one.... "

Eveshka hadn't thrown anything, nor had she picked up anything to throw. She wished that she had a hand grenade though. She whirled around and looked at Julius who looked as if he were about to cry or something. She had never seen him this passionate about anything before. Not even that retard Carlie. "What, Julius, what in your endless wisdom do you advise that I think about?"

He regarded her a moment "You are not even in love with Kemintiri."

"What the fuck would you know about it Tremere," she spat. But he continued on undaunted.

"You are in love with a woman you've NEVER FUCKING MET. YOU, my dear Comtesse de Touraine, YOU are in love with Michelle St. Clair, NOT Kemintiri. Unless I miss my guess, I would bet that Michelle St. Clair is NOT in love with you seeing as she might not even know you exist."

That last sentence stopped her completely cold. It hit her with the force of truck hitting a kitten at top speed. The blush of health left Eveshka as she simply said, "Oh ... my God," and collapsed into a chair looking and feeling like a complete ass.

Julius nearly regretted being the cause of the pain he saw in her angelic face. NEARLY.

"Eveshka. If you go back to her now, don't ever look for me again. I will not risk my position or my Clan in something this stupid. It is bound only for destruction. It is not a question. It is a certainty that this path will lead you to destruction. If i am a part of it, it will lead me to destruction."

Eve didn't hear any of this, his previous words kept ringing n her ears. [i:df13958b78] Not in love with her. Not in love with her. Not in love with her. Michelle St. Clair. Not Kemintiri. [/i:df13958b78] How could she not have seen it. Worse yet did Kemintiri see it? She surely had. She was millenia older than either of she or Julius. [i:df13958b78] Michelle St. Clair. Not Kemintiri. [/i:df13958b78] She had probably seen every outcome already and explored her options, yet she still chose her path. [i:df13958b78] Not in love with her. [/i:df13958b78] What was she missing? [i:df13958b78] Not in love with her. Not Kemintiri. Michelle St. Clair. [/i:df13958b78]

"I can't go back to Touraine," said Eve. "Not with her there."

Julius merely looked at her and gave no hint of emotion either way.

"I need something to drink," said Eve. She got up and walked out to the receiving room that contained the full bar. She poured herself a nice Port and sipped at its contents. Julius came out later and leaned up against the door jam. He sliently watched her as she paced about, deep in contemplation.

"Please Julius, You friendship these past years has meant a lot to me. I didn't mean to hurt you. Please don't abandon me now. There has to be some way out of this. But I can't face her. I will succumb to her. Her charisma is too powerful for me. I can't resist her."

"What if you gave her to Lucinde," asked Julius coldly. He clearly had not forgiven her that easily.

"What? Betray her," asked Eveshka as if the idea was ludicrous.

The two began to discuss the pros and cons of back stabbing Kemintiri. Eveshka wanted NO part of it. She was utterly terrified. Julius, was confident he could deal with her with Eveshka's help, and maybe some other minor assistance. Eveshka thought that was his age speaking. He truly did NOT understand the thing with which they dealt. But, Eve thought, He probably could deal with Kemintiri. He was ridiculously powerful after all. But was he powerful enough?

"There has to be another way," said Eveshka. She looked up as Julius was about to start speaking and hissed, "Gabriel's coming."

Julius stopped talking abruptly and they both looked at the young ventrue as he entered the room.