<  Dusty Books  ~  Similar faces, Different places.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:19 am Reply with quote
User avatarMavenPosts: 38Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:09 pm
12 years had passed since the night of the robbery. Two of the four figures were sitting in the same car, only now painted black. The top was up, and snow was falling. The car was parked at the top of a hill, overlooking a large city. The windows of the car were open, and the two people in the car were passing a cigarette back and forth, “How much longer?” the driver asked the passenger to his right.

“Another hour...I don’t know why he wanted to meet us so late, it’s bloody freezing up here,” the passenger said in reply. She looked at the man beside him, wearing only a yellow tee-shirt and jeans, his black leather jacket was laying in the backseat of the car. His hair was bleached blonde and dreadlocked. The passengers hair was even more shocking, short, spiked and bright red. She was wearing a short red skirt and fishnet stockings, and a black Finger-Eleven sweater.

“Fuck it, I’ll be back,” the driver looked at the passenger.

“Jamie, no! The meeting’s in an hour, just wait until after,” the girl looked at him as he walked away.

“I’ll be right back Shannon!” and he continued to walk. Soon he made his way to the main road leading towards and away from the city off in the distance. Laying in the bushes he waited for a car to drive by. When the first one came around the turn just up the road from him, driving away from the city, he stood up and hurled himself onto the windsheild of the car, causing the driver to break quickly.

When the car stopped, a short, dark haired woman got out of the car, “Oh my GOD! Are you alright? You came out of nowhere...” she looked to be in shock.

Jamie lay motionless on the ground. The woman crept closer, and when she was just inches away from him, he quickly grabbed her arms and dove at her neck. He sunk his elongated teeth into her supple flesh and began to pull the sweet blood out of her. When she was close to empty, he guided her back to her car, and then ran off into the night, soon to arrive back at the black Cadilliac. “I told you I’d just be a minute,” Jamie smiled slightly at Shannon.

“Great. Lucas just called. He’s early, let’s go,” she looked at Jamie.

“Alright...at least have some though,” he offered his wrist to her.

After a moment, she took his hand and bit into his flesh. Another few moments went by until she stopped. “Thank you...now let’s get the hell out of here, I’m freezing,” and with that, Jamie started the large car and drove back towards the main road.

Half an hour later, the two were sitting in a bar at a table in the very back corner, sipping on their pints. Shannon was chain smoking cigarette after cigarette, “Nervous?” Jamie smiled, as he rose the glass of Guinness to his mouth.

“No,” she said with a jittery voice as she lit another cigarette with the tip of the previous.

“Good, and this is your last one,” Jamie grabbed her pack and slid it into his jacket pocket, “What time did he say he would be here at?”

“Soon. Like right now soon, and you know he’s never late,” Shannon pulled on her cigarette. A minute later, the front door opened and a tall, slim man with white blonde hair entered the room. He was wearing a long black trenchcoat and a black business suit underneath, “What did I tell you?” Shannon said quietly as the man approached their table.

He pulled out the other seat at the table, and sat down, “Good evening...both of you,” he said in a scratchy voice, “It’s been a long time...both of you.”

“True it has Lucas,” Jamie nodded to him, “Thank you for coming,” he smiled.

“Yes, thank you Lucas...” Shannon still appeared nervous, and eyed the lump in Jamies jacket where her cigarettes were.

“Right,” he grinned a bit, and watched a girl walk over to the table.

“Are you having anything?” she asked him.

“No, nothing for me, thank you,” he replied, and without a word, the girl walked back to the bar. “Anyway...I’m thinking you’re both wondering about this place?”

They both nodded, Shannon was still staring at her cigarettes in Jamie’s coak.

“Shannon, relax,” he patted her forearm, and then continued speaking, “The Prince here is a guy named Valek...Cappadocian. I don’t know how many other Gangrel are here, let alone City Gangrel, but don’t expect it to be many. You’ll need to meet with Valek as soon as you can, but before that, I want to show you the place I’ve got here. It’s hardly nothing, I don’t stay here often, but it’s safe. There arent many people here you’ll need to watch for, but be careful of the forest, it’s got a good number of Garou present. I think that’s everything...I’ll show you the haven if you like?”

Jamie drained the remaining black liquid in his glass, “Yes...thank you Lucas,” he smiled slightly, as he stood up. He offered his hand to Shannon, and she pulled herself up. After glancing at both of them, Lucas began to walk towards the door. Jamie took a 10 dollar bill out of his jacket and left it on the table, then began to follow after Lucas, with Shannon following behind him. They stepped out onto the street, and Lucas was leaning against the hood of a black Mustang, “We’ll follow you then?” Jamie asked.

Lucas nodded, and then got into the car. Jamie and Shannon walked quickly across the street, and into the black Cadillac that was waiting for them. Jamie fired up the massive engine, and peeled out of the spot. He drove very quickly down the road, then turned around at the intersection, before doubling back, towards the black Mustang, that seemed to be waiting for the Cadilliac to appear in it's mirrors, because it shot down the road as soon as the Cadilliac was about a hundred yards behind it.

The two black vehicles drove down the long, straight road until it reached the first 3-way intersection, where the Mustang, followed by the Cadillac turned to the right at very high speeds. Both cars drove at similar speeds, in similiar ways for the next 5 or so minutes, until both were parked in front of an apartment complex, and the three were standing outside the front doors.

"Listen...I can't go in with you, I must be going, I've got alot to do before the night is over, so I'll give you the keys..." Lucas looked to be under a great deal more stress than he was prior to getting into the car, "But take this. Just something from me. I'll be in touch, I'm sorry," and he handed Jamie a thick white envelope.

"Lucas, what the hell?"

"I know. I'm sorry...I'll be in touch, good luck!" he sprinted around his car, and got into the drivers seat. A moment later, the engine fired up, and he peeled out of the parking spot and drove down the road.

The two watched the Mustang roar off down the road, until they could no longer see it, "Well, this is great.." Shannon had an odd look on her face.

"Yeah...it must've been important though. Let's just go check out the apartment alright?" Jamie replied.

"Yeah, alright..."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:42 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((i read this thread and the last one. VERY nice :) just remember that right now the Hierarchy might be hard to find, considering

1. Valek is in kahoots with the Kabal and is currently outside the city limits...

2. Gabriel is conducting warfare on the Kabal from various secret locations around the city...

so you should probably be careful when having your chars wander the streets, there's gigantic horned Garou/Kindred beasts on the loose...not to mention a swarm of police/officials.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:41 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:16 am
((Not to forget "Northern Comfort" have just come into town; unleashing a brand of melodic death metal to set the perfect ambience to the chaos bound to ensue. Methinks Jesper has walked into a bloody shitzone... Would someone help set the scene in the "coming to a venue near you" post please. Er, Jesper, oobviously, is the PC, but id appreciate not killing any of the mentioned NPCs just yet please :)

until the day we die. I step into your life and take control
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:42 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:16 am
((PS: good read(s), really enjoyed em.

until the day we die. I step into your life and take control
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:20 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
((Great read, and as a bonus...two new City Gangrel for Porter to eat :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:58 pm Reply with quote