<  Dusty Books  ~  What one night really can bring...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:15 am Reply with quote
User avatarMavenPosts: 38Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:09 pm
The massive red Cadillac convertible turned the corner at around 60 miles an hour, sending it down Front Street, increasing it’s speed every second. The top was down, sending the hair of the driver flying around. 2 other people were in the car: a female with short hair that almost matched the color of the Cadillac wearing leather spiked bracelets all over her wrists; and a male with bleached blonde dreadlocks, wearing a cabana shirt and sunglasses. The driver seemed the most conservative out of the group, with his center parted black hair and lack of any sort of self expressionary anything visible on his body. The two passengers were in the back of the massive car, laying with their heads on the backs of the front seats, and sitting on the white leather bench back-seat with their legs stretched out to the trunk. They were passing a large joint back and forth to eachother, and making sure to exhale every time they were in the gaps of darkness between the street lights. All of the people appeared to be in their mid-twenties.

The driver turned his head around and muttered “Stopping,” and then hit the breaks hard, sending the two people in the back into the seats their heads were resting on. When the car had stopped, they both looked at eachother and started to laugh, but stopped when they heard a person jump over the side of the car and into the shotgun seat. Slowly and awkwardly, they got up and looked at who it was.

“Goddamnit, you two reek of grass. I swear to God, if you can’t do your jobs I’m gonna put a bullet in both of you,” the new passenger said.

“And hello to you too,” the one with the dreadlocks looked at the new passenger, “Did you get it?”

“Of course,” and he pulled a shining silver plated pistol, “Desert Eagle .50, custom,” and he tossed the expensive looking gun to the mess in the back seat. The deadlocked mess in the backseat pulled the gun out of the air, tested it’s aimer, tossed it up and down, then jammed it into the back of his jeans.

An hour later, the red Cadillac was parked outside a plaza on the other side of town. The one who had been driving was filling up the car with gas, standing alone on the side of the car. The two backseat passengers were sitting on a curb behind the convenience store that owned the gas pumps. This time they were passing a cigarette back and forth, “You know Jamie, I’m surprised you didn’t try some target practice on street lights or something,” the bright-redhead laughed.

“Yeah yeah yeah...I’m not about to lose a brand new gun that is simply SPECTACULAR the night I get it, c’mon, who do you take me for?” he said in reply.

“Like I said, I was surprised,” she laughed again.

Standing up, he offered his hand to the redhead, “Yeah yeah yeah...”

Upon taking his hand, she pulled herself up, “Where d’you think Mike and Ilson got too?”

“Dunno, Mike said something about going to get some cigarettes, but it can’t have taken that long...they’re probably looking for us,” Jamie replied as he tied his deadlocks back with a blue hair tie.

Their names were being called off in the distance, echoing off the walls of the buildings, “Jamie! Shannon!” over and over because of the strange echo. They began to speed up, now jogging toward the white lights above the gas pumps. When they arrived at the side of the red Cadillac, the two were sitting inside looking impatient, and so the two immediately jumped into the back bench seat.

The car shot out of the gas station and turned the corner onto the main street and picked up speed. The shotgun passenger turned around and looked at the two in the back, “Alright, I hope you both remember what you’re doing...just make sure it’s fast...I’ll cover both of you, and Mike’s gonna stay to the side with the car, when you come out, crack these so he’ll know to come over,” and he tossed them both a green glowstick.

“Right,” Jamie said to him with a strange look on his face, “Any specifics?”

“Not really...whatever, you both know what’s worth something,” Ilson replied.

The two both nodded, “What’s the cut?” Shannon asked.

“25-25-25-25...what else?” he smirked a bit, “ I’ll change it all, I’ve got a friend who’s in the market for literally anything.”

- - later - -

The red Cadillac was parked in a small lot, in the very back. The trunk was open, and three of the four were standing, looking into it. There was a multitude of guns and boxes of ammunition. “Jesus Christ, you don’t chince do you?” Jamie looked at Ilson.

“Never have. Right, you take these,” he handed Jamie a pair of black German pistols, “They’re both loaded and the safety’s are on, so switch them off,” he then handed Shannon an identical pair of pistols. He himself picked up a pair of the same pistols and slid them into the pockets of his jacket, and then picked up a pair of single barreled shotguns.

“Ilson, what the hell?” Jamie raised an eyebrow at Ilson. In response, he tossed both guns into the air, caught them at the pumps, and then proceeded to shake the guns once, to load them. Jamie sighed, “My God...let’s get this over with.”

Ilson shut the trunk, and then walked around to the driver, “We’ll be back.”

Mike merely nodded. And with that, the group was off. Jamie and Shannon ran around to the back of the small pizza shop, and Ilson went into the front. Due to the time, it was closed, but Ilson merely turned the knob quietly and let himself in, while Jamie and Shannon slinked inside through the back door. Everyone finished counting to 20, and then ran into the back room, waving their guns.

“NOBODY FUCKING MOVE!” Ilson shrieked at the 4 people sitting at the table. The table was about 4x4 feet and was covered with drugs. Bricks of cocaine and marijuana, Tylenol containers of ecstasy, shampoo bottles of speed, packages of sheets of LSD, bottles of ketamine, large bags of psylocybin mushrooms and a pair of Mason jars full of ether.. “We ARE here to take all of this, and if you’re good, nobody will get shot. Jamie, there’s alot more than I thought, go and get a bag will you?”

Jamie nodded and then ran out the back door. As he ran back from the car he heard a series of shots, and loud yelling. Knowing that police would probably be there very soon, he ran inside quickly with both guns drawn. There was blood all over one wall, and one of the men was laying dead on the floor. One other had taken a bullet to the thigh, and was laying on the floor, his gun laying uselessly on the other side of the room. The other two were standing against the wall, with Shannon pointing one gun at each, “Jamie, take the lot of it, we’ve got no time to be selective!”

As he approached the table, “Where the hell is-” and then he saw Ilson sitting on the floor with his back against the wall and blood all over his shirt.

“It’s just in the shoulder, I’ll be fine...hurry up...” Ilson gasped as he spoke. Jamie quickly swept the contents of the table into the large canvas bag, “Go and take this stuff to the car, we’ll be out...”

Jamie ran out the back door again, carrying a large bag full of felonies with him. He ran towards the car with both guns still visible, and then dropped it into the back seat, “Where are hell is Ilson and Shannon?” Mike looked furious.

“They’re coming,” Jamie panted. A moment later, two more gunshots were heard, and another half of a minute later, Ilson and Shannon came running out the door. Ilson was walking very awkwardly, and was being supported by Shannon, but soon they were both in the back of the car. The car tore out of the plaza, and down the road at top speed. “What the hell happened?” Jamie looked in terror at his wounded friend.

“Nothing...just a little altercation...I’ll be fine...pass me the ether would you?” Jamie reached into the bag of drugs and finally pulled out one of the Mason jars, and then grabbed a shirt from the floor. He uncapped the container, soaked the rag in the liquid and then handed it to Ilson, who put it underneath his nose and inhaled deeply a few times. A moment later, he left consciousness, with Shannon holding a rag to his would.

“He’s going to need to go to a hospital you know...” Shannon looked at Jamie, dear was in her eyes.

“Yeah I know...just as soon as we can figure out what to do with all this...I mean we’re all looking at like 50 life sentences if we get caught with this,” he pointed to the bag, “Not to mention all the guns in the trunk...hell, none of them have permits, and people have been killed with them...Jesus,” he then looked at Mike, “Mike?

“What?” he said plainly, as he drove the fast moving car.

“You’re going to need to admit him...the police probably have our descriptions by now, but you were in the car, so you’re safe,” Jamie looked around, “Just admit him, and Shannon and I will take care of this damn car, alright?”

There was a long pause, and then, “Fine.”

An hour later, Mike was in the waiting room at the hospital, and Jamie and Shannon were closing the door on the self-storage locker.

“So what now?” Shannon lit a cigarette, “I mean we can’t go back into town...like you said, our descriptions are probably all over the place.”

Jamie smiled a bit, “That was bullshit, I was trying to get Mike to take Ilson. This is Las Vegas...as much as we stand out, with the red hair and the dreads and everything, this is Vegas...we’re not exactly unusual, and nobody calls the cops here unless something happens to them. They don’t care if they hear shots from their neighbors, let alone some pizza shop. We’re fine...we shouldn’t go back into town unless we need too...but we’re in no hurry to leave.”

“Yeah...I guess...but as soon as we hear from Mike, we’re out of here, right?”

“You and me just disappear...we’ll get Mike to tell us where Ilson’s guy is, and we’ll go and pay him a visit,” Jamie smiled again, “We’ll be fine.”

Three hours later, Jamie was behind the wheel of the freshly gassed red convertible, driving at 120 miles an hour down a deserted road between Las Vegas and Los Angeles. This road would end up taking himself and Shannon to a closed bar on the outskirts of Los Angeles, which would end up making him, Shannon, Mike and Ilson all a large amount of money richer. For Jamie and Shannon, however, they would end up gaining something much more than the other two.