<  Dusty Books  ~  midnight dealings

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 1Location: your nightmaresJoined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:51 pm
The two police stepped forward to her and kathy tightened her grip on the womans throat.

"please" the woman gasped her voice filled with dread.

"hush" kathy whispered into her ears and the woman fell silent.

"back off gentleman otherwise I will hurt her ...badly" kathy sneered as they stopped in their tracks.

"now Miss Belvadere, just let her go and we wont have any need to take action"

The young officer reached into his pocket and kathy saw him grip the butt of his gun.

"not a wise decision....officer, but go ahead, take a shot, but I guarantee you will miss"

Kathy released the woman and she slumped to the floor.

The officer pulled his gun and aimed it at kathy.

"walk to the car Miss, now"
kathy raised her eyebrows and laughed.

"dont I even get a please, now wheres your manners?"

The taller of the two went to grab kathy, but his fingers just met thin air.

"what the fuck?"

Kathy stood a few yards from where she had been a few moments ago.

"you will have to be quicker than that" kathy tutted at them.
"disable her, hit her in the leg" she heard them mutter.

"please be my guest" she mocked as she stood not even attempting to flee.

The gun rang out and kathy watched as it raced towards her, not moving a muscle, as it neared her she reached out her hand and caught it and tossed it back to him.

"I'd love to stay and play but alas, you bore me somewhat now"

"what the hell is she?" they gasped in unison

"im your nightmares come true gentlemen, pray that you never cross my path again...otherwise" kathy smiled widely and the light from a streetlamp caught the flash of her white fangs.

They stood and stared and backed away.

"she...shes a vampire!"

Kathy ran, one minute she was there the next she was gone, they never even saw her leave.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 1Location: your nightmaresJoined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:51 pm
Kathy walked down the busy street, her senses vigilant as police cars screamed past her.

She needed to get back to the hotel, but was well aware that something was far from right and knew that it was more than likely been watched.

"tobias, where are you?" she spoke softly into her cell phone as she continued walking.

"mistress, are you ok?" his voice sounded agitated but releieved to hear her.

"im fine, tell me where you are?"

" in the cinema on the main street, sat on the back row, screen one"

"anything good on?" kathy asked calmly.
"mistress just get here, we have to leave this place"

Kathy walked into the dark room and slipped into the seat next to Tobias.
The cinema was practically empty all apart from 4 other couples.

"is the film any good?" she whispered to him.

He looked at her and kathy sighed as she saw his face streaked with tears.

"we have to leave, I thought I'd lost you, there going to be looking for us both now, especially you, I think I know whos behind all this too, I never told you before but the LA ventrues have connections with Mr. silverstone"

Kathys face turned from looking calm to one that showed fear and dread.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:05 pm Reply with quote
User avatarMortalPosts: 0Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:59 pm
The Chrysler MPV rolled onto McGovern St, it's passengers staring out through the polished glass at the brightly lit streets.

Kavanaugh squinted at his watch, noting in his head how long he'd been travelling. He stifled his annoyance which quickly turned to excitement as the CB within the car crackled to life. A police scanner informing him of his quarry's latest move.

"......last seen heading towards the Odeon....McEvoy Rd.....extremely dangerous.....Belvadere..." Kavanaugh leaned forward in his seat.

"Take me to McEvoy Rd. Now!" He barked an order, the car swerving violently as his driver accepted the destination.

The engine roared as the MPV was pushed through it's paces. Kavanaugh cracked his knuckles then drank from a vial of vitae.

"You won't escape bitch!" He snarled at his unseen prey...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:35 pm Reply with quote
" the LA vents....oh god, you dont think theyve found out about Kinseydo you? we covered our tracks well, I even have an alibi for that night"

Tobias nodded " well obviously for some reason be it kinsey or the diamonds, there on your case now mistress, I suggest we go straight to the airport and leave"

Kathy stared at the flashing images on the screen.

"passports....there at the hotel" she said as she looked at Tobias.

"right, I'll go back to the hotel and see if its been watched, you come with me but stay in the background, what exactly happened with the police?"

Kathy retold the events and his face dropped.

Tobias led her outside his arm linked in hers, kathy now had on a long trenchcoat which she had borrowed of the woman sitting in front of them and she had pulled her hair back from her face and fastened it into a ponytail.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:43 pm Reply with quote
The car screeched up to the kerb.

Kavanaugh was the first to get out. The others, including the Brujah driver and his Clanmate stepped out, each packing a pistol under their coats.

The five Kindred scanned the street, the cinema entrance bathed in neon as they watched.

A couple emerged from the cinema, prompting Kavanaugh to send two of his fellow Ventrue inside. They quickly crossed the street, disappearing into the foyer.

The Brujah stood by Kavanaugh's side, flanking him as he probed the minds of the various passersby. As his eyes swept over the couple he frowned.

She wore a long trenchcoat, her hair pulled harshly into a ponytail. Nothing unusual about that he assumed. He narrowed his eyes and probed deeper.

Kathy felt his mind trying to read hers. She tried to resist the impulse, but instinct demanded that she erect a mental barrier. Even though it would give her away just as surely as letting him in.

As she and Tobias reached the corner she felt herself looking back at the intruder. Their eyes locked, and in that instant they knew each other's intent all too well.

She tugged at Tobias, and started running. The shouts already telling her they were on their way....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:52 pm Reply with quote
His eyes seemed to have cut into her, they were like daggers staring at her.

"oh christ Tobias run! " she shouted as she sprinted down the street her eyes searching for a getaway.

Their heavy footfalls could be heard pounding the pavements not far behind them.

"mistress, there catching up, I cant keep up with you....you go...leave me " tobias gasped as he slowed down.

"no please come on " kathy gripped his hands and pulled him along " im not leaving you at all, now move"

They rounded a corner and kathy glanced behind her, there were three of them, all with a solid look of intent on their faces.

"going somewhere?"

kathy hadnt been looking and she collided with a two men and went sprawling onto the floor.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:37 pm Reply with quote
"Going somewhere?" Len's voice was full of aggression as he glared down at the sprawled Toreador. His companion, Aled, merely grinned as they pulled twin pistols.

"Nice and easy there. Don't try anything."

Tobias tried to stand. Aled pistol whipped him to the ground, knocking him out.

A car's tires screamed as the Chrysler appeared. The three figures she'd seen behind her waiting inside. One climbed out, grabbing Tobias.

"Quickly Ms. Belvadere, get inside! We're here with Mr. O'Brien! Hurry please!"

Kathy looked up, scrambling to her feet. Aled reached to grab her, getting a bullet in his chest for his troubles. He looked at Kavanaugh in disbelief. The smoke rising from the Ventrue's pistol.

"How can I trust you!?" She shouted as Tobias slumped in the passenger seat.

"What choice do you have?"

"Well yes that's a good point." She hesitated a second more. Police sirens started to echo nearer as the police honed in on the gunshot.

"Now!" Kavanaugh roared, dragging her in as she finally decided to accept his help...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:47 pm Reply with quote
The car roared down the street, the driver manovering(sp? between cars as it pulled away from the noise of the sirens.

"you say your here with Gabe, I mean Mr.O' Brien" kathy looked questioningly at her so called rescuer.

"thats correct that is what I said Ms. Belvadere"

Kathy looked at him, his face was finely chiselled and he was indeed very handsome kathy mused to herself. His dark hair was immaculately groomed as was his whole attire.

"why do you stare so?" he looked at her , and once again his eyes seemed to bore into her.

"I was merely sizing you up, please forgive me, I dont remember seeing you in Gabriel's company"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:51 pm Reply with quote
" well , as I understand it, hes a man of position, so Im sure that you will not have met everyone that he has contact with, or do you vett everyone that comes into contact with him?"

"no of course not....I just dont understand why he would be here and not tell me about it.....I take it we are off to see him now?"

He merely stared out of the window his face unchanged as if he hadn't heard her.

"excuse me, I asked you a question" kathy touched him lightly on his sleeve.

His hand moved so quickly that she didnt have the chance to pull it away from him. He gripped her wrist tightly, making her wince.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Kavanaugh grinned wolfishly.

[i:dcb246af24]"Actually. Now that you ask...No we aren't going to see Mr O'Brien. You, my dear, are going to pay for killing my brother."[/i:dcb246af24]

[i:dcb246af24]"Your brother?"[/i:dcb246af24] Kathy froze, trying to pull away from him.

[i:dcb246af24]"Don't do yourself any more favours Ms. Belvadere. Not by forgetting who you killed."[/i:dcb246af24]

[i:dcb246af24]"Kinsey!"[/i:dcb246af24]

Kavanaugh smiled, his fangs glistening.

[i:dcb246af24]"Even for an inept Toreador. Your insight serves you well."[/i:dcb246af24]

She swung at him, her fist caught by his hand before he slapped her in retaliation. Consciousness left her with the blow, and soon her senses were blackened.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Trevor and Steve sat in the office at the police station. Their inspector had wanted to hear from them in person what had happened. He had read over their reports and thought that they were doing drugs or had lost thier marbles.

" now men, what the hell is this about ?" he picked up there report and pushed it towards them across the desk.

They looked at one another and both shrugged.

"its like we said sir, Its all there, just as we saw it"

He leaned back into his chair and looked at them both sternly.

" so your saying that this Ms Belvadere, is a vampire then? and Im expected to believe that am i ?

" we saw what we saw sir"

A knock on the door turned his stare from them.
" what is it ?"

Detective pearson entered , a bemused look on his face.
"weve checked the CTTV camera out boss, and you are not going to believe this"

He slipped a video into the player and adjusted the controls.

"now watch sir, look what we saw when we zoomed in"

Kathy came into view, her fangs clear for all to see, then a blur moved across the screen and she was gone.

"holy shit"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Falling, she felt like she was falling and then she felt....she felt nothing. It was like she had been swallowed up into a void, she didn't exist anymore... or did she?

Images swam in front of her and then everything went dark, she saw nothing. her life was over...or was it ?

Her eyes tried to open but it felt like they'd been stuck together, her eyelids felt so heavy and her body so lifeless.

Lights...she could see lights, and hear the purr of an engine.

As if she had swam up from a deep depth she opened her eyes and took a deep long drawn out breathe.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Her mind wandered. She thought about Gabriel. How his blonde hair shone under the light, how his leonine features made her nervous in her stomach. That strange hunger you felt when you looked at your lover.

She mumbled as consciousness returned slowly. Opening her eyes just a little, she hissed as harsh light struck her.

Suddenly she felt cold. She scrambled with her hands, feeling something cold and wet all around her. She opened her eyes further, looking at the substance that clung to her fingers.

Mud.

Moaning she rolled onto her stomach, pulling herself upright as her ears were filled with the engine's purr. She squinted upwards, a row of industrial spotlights beamed down. Their bulbs fed by a generator that shook as it burned petrol.

She looked around, her eyes finally adjusting to the brightness. She stood in a pit. Cut out of the earth. It was too deep to jump out of, and the mud walls too slippery to climb.

[i:37dd5191b0]"Damn."[/i:37dd5191b0] She cursed, looking at the mudstains on her clothes.

[i:37dd5191b0]"Grrr even broke a nail."[/i:37dd5191b0] She tried to make light of her situation, smiling slightly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:54 pm Reply with quote
" hello." her soft voice rang out tentatively as she looked upwards.

The hole was deep, kathy roughly guessed at about 10 feet, maybe even 15. The harsh lights that glared down on her and prevented her from actually seeing the top of the pit.

" I said hello, is anyone up there? or maybes this is just a bad dream and in a minute I will wake up and be in my bed!"

She listened nervously, she remembered been in a pit very similar to this once before with Gabriel.

"You're not dreaming! Though when Mr. Kavanaugh returns you'll wish you were. Now keep it quiet!" a harsh voice shouted down to her and just for a minute she caught his shadow.

"hey..now listen, I think theres been some sort of mistake"

" no names you fool, he said no names!" she heard a low guttural voice muttering.

" shut it bitch...yeah there's been a mistake and your the one who made it!"

Kathy looked shocked and taken aback by the response, her eyebrows raised and was about to answer back with a quick retort when something stopped her. This was no situation she could talk herself out of....that was becoming very clear.

She looked around for a dryish spot to sit on and slumped to the floor, as she stared upwards she bit her lip and tasted her own sweet blood.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:05 am Reply with quote
Glen muttered at his companion's error. The Toreador whined from the pit, driving him to walk up out of the basement. The MP5 slung from his shoulder swung as he stepped into the pantry.

He returned a moment later with a rat taken from a cage. Squealing it tried to escape his grip. He grinned, gripping it tighter as he stepped to the edge of the pit.

[i:89a4b4a6d7]"Hey! You hungry? Here catch!"[/i:89a4b4a6d7]

The rat was thrown into the pit, it landed with a soft plop at Kathy's feet.

It shook itself of the shock and looked up at her from it's muddy crater.

[i:89a4b4a6d7]"What am I supposed to do with that?"[/i:89a4b4a6d7] She shouted at her unseen benefactor.

[i:89a4b4a6d7]"Develop a taste for it bitch. It's all you're getting."[/i:89a4b4a6d7] Laughing he returned to his seat.

He grinned wider as she heard her cursing him from her new home.

Offline Profile