<  Dusty Books  ~  The Ventrue Thread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:52 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 60Location: Norfolk, EnglandJoined: Fri May 09, 2003 3:21 am
So.... new city, new kindred, same old fuckin rules. Luckily he wasnt caught up in the Elders struggle against each other or the conflict of the younger Vampires on the streets. Instead he,like many others of his generation, could tuck away and pretty much do what they wanted and stay out of view. Deacon had recently purchased a run down club here in Cascadia. It was called the Devils Armpit and played the usual mix of todays most popular music that being the recent surge in Nu-Metal. He had no time for such crap. He was going to take this shit heap and turn it into some grand and amazing. The upstairs had been converted to act as his living space and private haven while the lower floors remained for the club. The brickwork was shoddy and coverd in black paint while the neon lights flcikerd on and off.

His first true night in Cascadia was pretty eventful. Not only had he returned from Ireland but he tracked down his brothers old friend and love Daisy. fuckin malks. if he had known of her clan he wouldnt have botherd yet Daisy had something to her..true she was stir crazy but she to had her moments of clarity.

Deacon looked around the space again....enough of sight seeing he had places to be. First he would stop off at the local Kindred bar and do the usual get to know you shit then on to the Elysium where he was to arange to meet the Prince. although tiresome it was required if you wanted to last more than a few nights in a city.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:51 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
"Alright...alright....I'll do something about it Capro." Gabriel said once more, growing visibly irritated at the Brujah's prodding.

"Thank you Seneschal...I don't care if these Cappadocians are on the endangered species list, if one more of them attacks my men, I'll make sure they become extinct." the short pudgy Brujah spat.

"Very good." Gabriel said, turning around and adding, "How terribly witty of you." Elysium had become more of a chore than a pleasure since his becoming Seneschal. Gone were the days he would wittle away, sitting by the fire and chatting with the key figures of the town. Valek, Bats the Former Prince, Sorenti, Porter, even Vincent Montague....all would be a welcome change from the social humdrum he was forced to endure of late.

He took up his post at the bar, ordering a Jack and Coke, while pencilling in the new details of the Cappadocian/Brujah collision on his palm pilot. The bartender complied, and within moments his drink was prepared. The Ventrue Gerousia produced a small vile of thick blood from his inner jacket and uncorked it. Pouring a bit into his drink, he replaced the vile and took up the glass.

Ah...for a quite night...

((short yes, but just posting Gabe's presence in Elysium

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:01 pm Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
[u:8ff2c13c00][i:8ff2c13c00][b:8ff2c13c00]Elysium underground library[/b:8ff2c13c00][/i:8ff2c13c00][/u:8ff2c13c00]

- Drawing and writting the results of one of his recents experiments on the dead inside of a book made of human flesh , Valek's head raised up to listen at the voices echoeing(sp) on the walls of the Elysium , all the way to the dark library situated not so far from the Elysium bar .. The following voice was heard

" Thank you Seneschal...I don't care if these Cappadocians are on the endangered species list, if one more of them attacks my men, I'll make sure they become extinct . "

Valek stood up from his chair as he was still listening to what was said , another voice said

" How terribly witty of you .. "

Closing the book and putting it back in one of his black trench coat pocket's , Valek began walking toward the Elysium bar ..

Moments later Valek slowly entered the Elysium bar section , the Brujah looked at the 1337 years old Cappadocian Methusalah Prince with his eyes wide open , thinking of his previous comment , the Brujah noded .. Valek smirked and noded back at the Brujah , letting him know he heard his comments earlier ... Valek then turned and sat down in a chair , the usual hateful look was on the face of Valek . Valek's look was then directed at the Seneschal who was standing at the bar , Valek noded to Gabriel and said

" Been a long time Gabriel , a long time indeed since we were both seen in the Elysium at the same time .. How is thy night as of now ? "

(( Short too :( , but same as Gabe , simply showing Valek is in the Elysium too :)

Great posts btw :) ))

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 60Location: Norfolk, EnglandJoined: Fri May 09, 2003 3:21 am
Deacon had grown tired of the seedy bar he had just exited. Someone needs to add a touch of class to this city he thought. Next on his list was to visit the Elysium and make his presence known to the Prince so that he wouldnt have the Sheriffs men breaking down his door. Not only that but deliver the news of Christians passing and the job that Diasy had given him. The girl was deluded..after hearing of Christians passing she really began clutching at straws. Asking Valek to bring him back indeed..humph..no Vampire has THAT much power. He got into Christians old car, a black convertable plymoth circa 1970's. He went through the glove campartment and found apistol..berreta if he wasnt mistaken. He could do with a firearm in this city. The Elysium wasnt to far away, about 5 mins drive. The streets told the same story. Cascadia was a City on the fix..clearly something terible had happend here, the scars could still be seen if one knew where to look. He would have to look further into this event. Deacon had no time for the stupid little games that the Elders loved to play so much but that doesnt mean he wasnt prepared to read up on history. Knowledge is power, thats what his sire had told him and he intended to follow it. He pulled the car into the front parking bay. He always hated places like this. They stunk of the old ways. This place was more a tomb to ancient ways of the Kindred rather than a meeting place but anyway it was time to dance.

As he enterd the front Lobby he was approached by 2 large kindred in black suits. "Take it you guys are the welcoming commity..dont worry i know the drill" he took the beretta from inside his jacket and handed it to them. "i'm new in town and wish to see the Prince as is the tradition". One of the men spoke into a mic located on his lapel. "what name is it ?" spoke the man. Deacon looked at the man..great some results "Valley...Deacon Valley". The man repeated the name into his mic and then nodded at Deacon. Deacon nodded back.

As Deacon entered the main chamber he could tell that this city actaully had some wealth and knew how to use it. There was the bar area where a man was sat drinking and writting something on a notepad and a great section that looked to be a librey of sorts. Over by the fire sat a figure clearly thinking hard about something.

Deacon headed over to the bar. He orded a drink, Whisky, Galway. To his surprise they had some..no doubt what his brother had supplied. The man next to him looked up from his electronic notepad and scanned the strange face before him.

Gabriel: I dont recognise you my friend. Who are you and why are you here

Deacon: I recently arrived in Cascadia. My names Valley, Deacon Valley and i have some urgent news to deliver to your Prince

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:03 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
Gabriel made careful note not to glance in the Prince's direction as he tried to place the newcomers origin. He was a fellow Irishman, that much was clear. Gabriel knew few Irish Ventrue aside from himself, and as he did not particularly trust Ventrue, he was not about to put his full faith in an IRISH Ventrue.

Gabriel set the glass down on the marble bar, watching the intricate workings of the polished stone glimmer with his own movements. Straightening his Gucci tie, he shifted sideways to face the new Ventrue directly.

"What did you say your name was?" he inquired, smoothing the wrinkles from his slacks before slipping his palm pilot into his suit jacket.

"Deacon Valley." the young man replied, "I'm afraid I really must speak with the Prince."

"Anything you need to discuss with the Prince you can discuss with me." Gabriel said flatly, still trying to get a feel for the vampire's age and potency. The visitor said nothing for a moment, but only sat and awaited his drink. Finally, when the drink arrived and he had taken several timed sips, he turned an eye towards Gabriel.

"And just who might you be?" Gabriel smiled slightly at the question, sliding one shimmering blonde strand of hair from his brow.

"I'm Gabriel O'Brien, Seneschal of Cascadia." the boy raised an eyebrow, but much to Gabriel's approval did not react with fear or shock. Instead, he merely turned on his own bar stool to directly face the Seneschal, a sign of respect.

"Well Seneschal, as I said, I am Deacon Valley, brother of Christian Valley." Gabriel nodded, "I wish to announce my arrival in Cascadia and ask the Prince for his approval." Gabriel could still see Valek sitting in the far corner, his glowing amber eyes cutting through the shadows.

"And as I said Mr. Valley, the Prince is otherwise disposed at the moment. But I will arrange a meeting with him for you, I will need a number to contact you at." he could see the flush coming to the boy's face.

"What part of Ireland are you from Seneschal, if I may be so bold to ask."

"Rathcoole." Gabriel replied not wishing to discuss his past any further, "I'll need a number Mr. Valley."

((it's a start

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:56 am Reply with quote
(( Nice posts :) , ill add on it soon for sure ))

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:07 pm Reply with quote
"heres my number, its in the buisness end of town,quite fancy youd like it i'm sure but i need to see the Prince NOW"

Deacon knew that even simply raising his voice to the Senchal could start something.

"i dont have to remind you that my Brother was once Primogen AND Archon in this city. I have very important news concerning him and its important that it gets to the Prince this night"

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:04 pm Reply with quote
The flush gradually faded from the young Ventrue's face as Gabriel remained silent for a moment, halfway appalled at the young Ventrue's behavior. Clan tradition stated that they should NEVER raise their voices to one another in public, and yet this young fledgling dared to argue with a Seneschal and Elder in direct public.

As the last few vestiges of hatred slipped from Gabriel's mind he began to overcome his pride. The young countryman was the brother of Christian Valley, a known and respected Brujah. Perhaps the brothers had spent a bit TOO much time together, it certainly seemed to rub off on Deacon's temperment.

That was dangerous to a Ventrue, such aggression could easily put one in compromising situations but with inner and outer clan foes. Gabriel smiled slightly, again brushing a stray hair from his brow. For now, Deacon would be new in the city, and his contacts limited. Testing him while he was alone and no threat could be advantageous.

"No need to remind me of your....brother's accomplishments," Gabriel stated coldly, "I am well aware of them. If you must speak with the Prince...perhaps I could set something up...for a boon."

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:09 pm Reply with quote
you

dumb

fuck

thought Deacon now hes got you by the balls. Perhaps letting the news of his brothers death slide could be played to his advantage. So Gaberial would set up a meeting with the prince and in exchange he would have to what..? He could already tell that this was NOT going to be runnig out for coffe.

Deacon took a sip of his drink and looked back at Gabe.

"OK sir.....what do you want me to do" ?

Last edited by Sorenti on Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:14 pm Reply with quote
((ouch them balls are goanna hurt valley lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:22 pm Reply with quote
((hehe, like i told ya Deacon, i have to go to work :/ but i'll think up something really nasty for you to do while i'm there hehe :)

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:23 am Reply with quote
(( Hey nice posts :) , just wanted to let you all know that my conn is dying slowly :( , i have about half the speed of a damn dial up connection and im on cable , it takes me about 20 mins to just load the msg board :( , i wont be able to post more for now since my conn keeps me crashing :( , but it should most likely get solved soon , damn i hope , ill post something on the thread as soon as i get a normal connection back again :) , which should be soon :) , meanwhile Valley ill keep working on the chron for you man :) ..

- Christian / Valek - ))

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:09 am Reply with quote
"Have another drink Mr. Valley." Gabriel said at last, after a long but perfectly timed pause. He moved his hands gracefully first to his pockets and then to the bar, handing the barman the extra few dollars required.
"Bloody Mary of course." Gabriel laughed, sending the barman away.

"Please...if we can get down to business Seneschal..." Deacon pleaded, his patience wearing treachorously thin.

"Of course, of course. I can see you're a busy man with many matters to attend to. What I require from you is this. My Sire made sure that we were allied with the Nosferatu long ago, I held up that bond. But now, with the Nosferatu Primogen displaced and his Childe running the show, things are strained...." the barmen set the drinks down in front of the two Ventrue, and Gabriel was silent momentarily, merely scanning his eyes about the room.

When the barman left, Deacon cut in.

"So you want this Childe...disposed of?" he asked, his excitement growing at the prospect.

"No no no...I merely want his connections to be....limited."

"Meaning?"

"In good time." Gabriel said, snatching the olive from his drink and chewing it with a broad smile. "For now you have an appointment with the Prince do you not?"

"Aye...where can I find him?" Deacon asked, relieved to be free of Gabriel's tedious company. Gabriel merely motioned towards the far wall of the bar where Valek sat, brooding with crimson eyes.

"That's the Prince??" Deacon nearly cried, apalled.

"The one and only...."

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:29 am Reply with quote
(( Nice post as always man :) , im going to reply to this tonight right after wwe Raw is war :) ))

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:25 am Reply with quote
Still sitting at the same place Valek closed his eyes and opened them slowly , making his red crimson glowing eyes disapear for a moment .

Deacon noded respectfuly to Gabriel and went toward the Prince , only the glowing red amber eyes of Valek were seen in the dark corner of where he was sitting . Gabriel kept his eyes on Deacon as he approached the Prince .

Gabriel took out his pencil and a small pad as if he was going to take notes of something , Gabriel pressed the pencil on its side , and at this moment the camera turned to film Deacon .

Deacon bowed as he arrived in front of the Prince , not really seeing much of him beside his long black coat and his glowing read eyes Deacon said

" Prince Valek ... ? "

Valek's head raised up slowly to look at Deacon ,

- Valek - " Indeed ..... what is the reason of your coming .... what do you seek ....? " said by Valek in a cold and what seemed to be the voice of hundreds of wraiths speaking ..

Gabriel putted back his pencil and pad back in his coat .. watching the scene from the bar discretly (sp) ..

(( sorry for the small post man :( , its a small start tho :) ))