<  Dusty Books  ~  The Lost and Forgotten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:17 am Reply with quote
She sat down next to the fire and pulled her legs up close to her chest. She looked at him and gave him a sweet smile. " It was nice of you to bring me here," She said. He had the look of a boy expecting more than her simple words.

"No problem really, Its kinda nice, I don't know the last time I came to the beach at night. Its kind of romantic." He moved closer then hesitated when she shifted away from him.

"I'm sorry, Dillon, I can't..." when she said that, he frowned and sat back sulking.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

She could tell him, she told herself. he really didn't matter since he was a kine and would prolly think she was somekind of freaky girl when she told him that she was old enough to be his mother. Infact, she was already dead. She wondered if he would still be interested in making love to a corpse. She smiled at the thought.

"no, i'm fine I just want to sit here and enjoy the waves." She said.

he got bold again, and placed an arm around her shoulder. he felt so warm, so comforting, so alive. That was it. She wasn't alive. That was all that was wrong with the universe. She could meet all the nice sweet dillons in the world and it would make no differance. She would still be dead, there was no changing that. She should have never agreed to going on this date.

"OMFG, I'm on a date, I must have lost my mind." she thought.

She felt his hand gently caress her bare shoulders. His hand felt like a hot iron against her cold flesh and she flinched. He pulled his hand away and that dejected look returned. She hated that look on a man, because it made her feel like she should be doing something, even though she din't want to.

She reached out and took his hand in hers. "I'm sorry Dillon, your not having fun."

"No I'm cool," he lied. She could see the emotional rollercoaster he was riding was begining to take its toll.

She leaned forward and gave him a sweet kiss. " would you do something for me?" she asked.

"Sure Adrianna, anything."

"Promise?"

"Yes of course," he answered.

She leaned forward and pulled him down so that they were laying side by side next to the open fire on the beach. "You have to promise you will do what i say before I tell you."

"Ok, I promise to do what ever Adrianna asks," he smiled.

when she seemed satisfided that he meant to keep his promise she continued.

"I want you to stay with me tonight right here on the beach. I need to know that I'm not alone, and then..."
she paused, because she wasn't sure how he would take it. "just before dawn, I want you to go away and not look back."

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:27 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((Adrianna, with all the honesty I can muster, I can completely say that that was one of the most wonderful posts I've ever seen on these boards. No one here writes with the true emotion that you do. Kudos girl, major kudos.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:28 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((P.S. Don't you dare do what your posts hints at....

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:19 am Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
(( Same as Gabe here , some nice post :) .. And indeed , dont do what your post hints at :( .))

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:44 pm Reply with quote
"I don't think I like the sound of that," he said

She made a pouty face and placed her hand on the center of his chest, rolling him so that he was laying on his back beneath her. She could take him right here and he would never even know what hit him.

"But you promised to do what ever I said."

"Yeah, well, that sounds kind of final. I mean, because if you are planning to do something to yourself, I'm sorry I can't let you."

She looked into his eyes and saw life looking back. He could still care because he is alive, she thought. But would he care if he knew the truth.
What would he think if she told him everything. That she couldn't enjoy the beach in the day for fear of bursting into flames. That she drinks blood and sleeps in a coffin, That her roving hand rubbing against his erect cock was not a prelude to sex, but a way of playing with her food.
He wouldn't beleave her, not for one instant. They never do, she thought.

She sat up on her knees and pulled her tanktop over her head revealing her breasts to him. She looked into his eyes and saw that he had forgotten everything of the last few minutes, they always do she giggled.

"lets go skinny dipping."

It seem childish to play with her food. and she wondered if that was why she did it. To remember what it was like to be alive. That had to be it, because she didn't feel so alive anymore. She felt lost and forgotten like the old ones Jules had shown her just a few weeks ago.

" they are the elders of our clan," Jules told her. "they are what we will be one day."

She could have done without that piece of information. They were beautiful and terrifying all at once. Thin pale creatures that dwelled in total darkness, and lost all humanity so long ago that you couldn't tell which of them were the males from the females. They were simply addressed as It.

That was her destiny, to be nothing more then an it. She protested them wanting her to step down as primogen in Cascadia. And they reminded her that primogen is a title of the carmarilla and that she is a member of the Sabat. to be Sabat is to be an immortal god amoung the kine. they told her, and she was a disgrace to the clan because of her humanity.

It only took three weeks for them to take what little bit of compassion she had left. three weeks and a thousand corpse later and she knew what it was to be damned. to be Sabat, to be an It, To be the girl Jules always wanted her to be.

She felt the cool waves break over her naked body. And felt dillons hands getting bold. He wispered things about love in her ear, but she was only half paying attention. That part of her was dead. He was kine and would never understand she told herself. He could talk all night about saving her, about loving her and wanting her. But he would never understand it was too late...
:twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:18 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
((beautiful thread hun, keep it up... btw, you'd better be wearing your SPF2000000 by sunrise or there'll be trouble!

~batty~

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:20 pm Reply with quote
((yeah totally Adrianna, this thread rocks. i want SO badly to join in, but i don't want to do some lame "Gabriel was walking on the beach just by chance..." so i'll just sit on my hands...i didn't know all this stuff had gone down with Adrianna! ::goes to read previous threads by Adrianna::

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:37 pm Reply with quote
They lay quietly together on their sides. He was behind her pressing his frustration against her cool body and caressing her tummy with his hand. He felt so warm and safe that she just wanted to crawl inside him and disappear forever. But he wasn’t safe. He wanted what she couldn’t give him. And what she wanted, would end his sweet life.

“Have you ever made love on the beach?” he asked.

“You’re supposed to be asleep,” she giggled. The idea of getting sand in all those areas you don’t want sand, didn’t sound appealing.

“You feel so cold, I thought maybe I could warm you up.”

He’s desperate, she thought. She rolled over to face him and nestled her face against his chest, gripping him in a tight embrace. “You are warming me,” she said. “Now go to sleep.”

This was all she wanted, to remember what it was like to be alive. To feel what she would never feel if she lived a thousand years. To know joy and to know love the way mortals love each other. She could pretend to be a normal girl and lure all the Dillons she wanted into dark corners or secluded beaches. But it would always end badly. Just like this would end badly.

She wondered what her life would be like if she lived a thousand years. It seemed fitting that the old ones, the its, would call it an unlife, because that was what it felt like. If she lived a thousand years, or even a thousand more nights she could expect Jules to come and ruin what ever life she had made for herself. And if she did as Jules and the its wanted, then every kindred in the world would hunt her down and kill her.

She was more a prisoner now then she had ever been and all the sweet Dillons in the world couldn’t change that. She was hopelessly blood bound to her sire to the point of not being able to resist even his simplest of commands. She wanted to explain that to the kindred who had tried to help her in the past, because they had put themselves at such a risk by interfering with the affairs of the Sabot. They scoffed at her clan, not realizing the determination they had for seeing their will carried out. With the Lasombra, it was never a straight confrontation you had to fear, because the knife in your back left an unmending wound, the type they could exploit and use to their benefit in the future.

She was sent to cities with closed doors, with the hope that she would open those doors and let the sabot seep in. When she failed to do what the it's wanted in Cascadia, they pulled her.

“To much humanity,” they shouted.

“She makes herself a primogen, and turns her back on our clan, she must be taught a lesson.”

They taught her a lesson. The type of lesson you don’t forget. They introduced her to the beast and stripped away some of that humanity to make her more like them. She hated them for that.

It was still an hour before dawn and the fire had burned down low. She laid her head on Dillons shoulder and listened to the gentle beat of his heart. It was an intoxicating sound, stirring in her the desire she had been avoiding all night. She closed her eyes and held him tight for a moment afraid to let him go, but it was time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:30 pm Reply with quote
(( Excellent post again :) ))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:14 pm Reply with quote
She pushed him away and sat up. It was time, she told herself. Time to face the truth about what she is. She scrambled for her clothes and began to get dressed.

“What’s wrong?” asked Dillon.

“you’re leaving.” She didn’t want to look at him when she said that. She wanted him to get the hint that their night together was over and just go away.

“Look Adrianna, I know I only met you tonight, but I think you are one of the coolest girls I’ve ever met, so please, what ever it is that you plan on doing, don’t do it.” He got up and was walking toward her.

“Why am I so cool, cause I took off my clothes for you? You don’t know anything about me. Now please just go away like you promised.” She turned and began walking down toward the water. She could feel the beast raising in her and she knew she didn’t have the will power to resist it any longer.

He grabbed hold of her arm and spun her around to face him. “listen to me Adrianna, I want to help you.”

He was holding her wrists in his tight grip, bruising her tender flesh. They met eye to eye and she could see deep into his soul, the light of life burning so bright that it seemed to blind her. His pulse had quickened, raising the sweet smell of blood as it pumped through his veins. And his frustration had made him bold to the point that he was ready to do anything. But he was way out of his league.

“No one can help me,” She pulled away and walked a short distance into the water. The salt air and crashing waves masked the aroma of his blood and she calmed herself.

“Look Adrianna, I know that you prolly have your reasons and I think I know what they are. Really it’s ok, what ever is wrong I’m sure we can work it out.”

“what do you know?” she shot back at him. She felt her skin crawl. How could he know, she thought. That’s impossible, most people don’t even believe in vampires.

“The reason why you won’t have sex with me, I think it’s the coolest most responsible thing anyone has ever done.” He was smiling at her.

Omg. He’s got love eyes, she thought. I don’t have sex with the guy and suddenly he thinks he’s in love with me. “go away Dillon, trust me you don’t want to be here.”

“Look, it’s ok with me that you’re sick, I don’t care. I’m willing to stand by you and keep you company right up to the end.” He looked so resolved when he said that, she almost laughed.

“Sick?” She must have missed something. Maybe she had been thinking of something else or maybe that hungry feeling in the pit of her tummy made her deaf to kine voices. She reached down and splashed the water with her hands. She wanted to ignore him as if he were a food she couldn’t have on her diet. He thinks I’m sick, she told herself. How dare he think such a thing.

“ What do you think you can do for me?” she asked. “ I suppose you think you can take me home and hide me under your bed, I’m not a play thing you know, what do you think, after one night your in love with me and that is going to make all the difference.” Somehow she wished it were that easy. That she could wait up and watch the sun come up out of the ocean and the endless night would be over.

He didn’t answer, he looked as if he were afraid to say anything.

“go away,” she said. “You have your whole life ahead of you, please just go live it.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:13 pm Reply with quote
(( Man oh man this story is great :) , keep it going ! :) ))

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:28 am Reply with quote
"no, not unless you go with me, I want to know that you will be alright." He reached his hand for her.

if she lived a thousand years she would never be alright. she looked at the sky, it was still dark, but she could feel the night passing on swift wings. she hadn't fed all night and the hunger pulsed inside with each beat of his heart. There was pain deep inside, the type of pain that comes from an emptyness that can never be filled.

"You don't know what you are asking," she said.

"Look, I'm hungry and i'm sure you are too, lets just go have breakfast and after you might see that things are not as bad as you think."

She backed away shaking her head. She could feel the pain building. the aroma of his blood grew so strong even the surf couldn't mask it anymore. She wanted to run but the beast kept her frozon on the spot, waiting for it's moment.

"I'm not going to take no for an answer..." he noticed that she was looking past him back up the beach where they had spent the night.

He looked away, something in her expression had made him think that someone was coming up behind him. He looked and could see what appeared to be a dark mist creeping up the beach toward them.

"It's to late." she answered "I tried to tell you to go, but you wouldn't, and now they're here."

"Whose here?" he asked. "I don't see anyone."

As his fear grew so did the scent of his blood racing in his veins. She loved that smell. She could never get enough of it now. Once she could control it spending hours with kine and thinking that their little lifes were so important she couldn't bare to hurt one. But the It's had fixed that forever.

"Too much humanity," They had said. They of course were always right. and if she lived a thousand years or a thousand more nights she would never be able to explain to Dillon that he was nothing more then a pet to her now.

She seized hold of him and brought her mouth next his ear. "Breakfast is just the thing." she growled sinking her teeth into his neck.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:24 am Reply with quote
(( Hell yeah ! :) , good post again ))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:09 pm Reply with quote
((Dillon!! NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOoooo!!!!! :shock:

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:41 am Reply with quote
Great story adrianna