<  Dusty Books  ~  Unravelling

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 1Location: your nightmaresJoined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:51 pm
"Gabriel was never here and you know it, its her playing tricks with my mind" Kathy said venomously as she pointed to Sylvia who remained stood in the corner of the room, avoiding The first orange streaks of dawn making it's appearance through the slats of the boards that covered the windows.

Sylvia turned towards Kathy and for an instance her face looked like Gabriel's and kathy shuddered, wrapping her arms around her body as she remained seated and Malachite towered over her.

"You have made your choice then I see.....bad decision may I add, it would have been far wiser for you to side with me, but then that was your choice and now you will pay for that" he said maliciously,his contempt for her to help him clearly showing in his face.

"I will get him.....and you will be there to watch me finish this once and for all!"
Kathy stared at him hard,his worn face that had no doubt seen countless years of been a vampire ,looked back at her, his eyes flashing at her, tiny pinpoints of red showing his anger at her.

Kathy smiled " killing me wont get you want you want will it? I know you want to but if you do that you lose your bait...dont you ?"

Malachites face twisted momentarily and he pushed himslef off the arms of her chair with such force that the chair tipped over flinging kathy onto the dusty floor.

"I was going to allow you to feed Ms Belavadere, but Im not now....Sylvia......prepare for her final journey....oh yes it will be final Ms Belvadere, when Ive let you watch me kill Gabriel, Im then going to kill you too, nothing would give me more pleasure"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:25 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((eeeeh! i love it! :) i'll post on it probably tomorrow.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 1Location: your nightmaresJoined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:51 pm
Sylvia strode across the dim room to kathy, her long legs carrying her quickly, a look of sheer malice on her face.

"It would be my pleasure Malachite"

Kathy scrambled away as Sylvia reached down to grab her arm, her leg swung out and caught sylvia on her shin, sending her sprawling to the floor.
Kathy's face twisted in anger as she got to her feet rapidly and ran for the door, willing her body to move faster.
"your not about to use me to get to him...I wont allow you to, find another way to get to him"

Malachite roared in anger at Sylvia " DO THE JOB YOU ARE PAID FOR!"

Kathy slipped out of the door and looked down the corridor. She had been blindfolded when she was brought here and was unsure which way to go. Hearing sylvia advancing to the door behind her she ran down the corridor, her senses tuned in and her need to survive making the little blood that she had pump through her body, urging her on.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
"My thoughts exactly..." Porter whispered, straining to extend his feral claws to their upmost ferocity. Gideon stretched for a moment, tight fists slowly reaching towards the black night sky above. Within the confines of a mere instant he lunged towards Porter with such stunning speed and force that the newly returned Gangrel had barely a moment to react.

Throwing his weight to the side, Porter leapt into the air, removing himself from Gideon's way. He brought his claws down midair on Gideon's mid section, the soft flesh giving way beneath the talon like projections stemming from his hands. Murky, hot blood poured from the wounds, coating Porter's arms.

Suddenly, Gideon was stopped. He stood slowly and stared at the young Gangrel, impressed by his reactions. His opponent gazed silently, his claws still embedded into his torso. The Elder Gangrel clutched Porter's arm and jerked him forward, raising his own to Porter's chin. Stunned, the Gangrel began to stammer backwards, only to be hauled forward again into Gideon's knee. The thick, paunch leg dug into Porter's belly, undoubtably puncturing and crushing several internal organs.

Porter doubled over, slowly slipping to the ground, shocked with the relative ease that Gideon had disabled him with. He felt a warm unfamiliar gush rise within him, as the trapped blood began to cascade from his open mouth and onto the cement. He felt an uneasy weightlessness, as he was lifted off the ground and raised high above Gideon's head.

The massive black figure, his shirt now drenched in his own blood, hurled the slight figure through the air. Porter, realizing he had no control over his own direction, extended his arms desperately, hoping to catch a hold of anything in the dark. Below him the cement passed as he cleared the railing, the water below disappearing into darkness. Frantically, he grasped the railing, his body arching over and meeting the wall of the dam. He hung their for a moment, exhausted, and awaiting his fate. He could hear Gideon's confident footsteps as he approached the trapped Gangrel.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:44 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
He hung helpless for the first time in what felt like aeons. Pulling himself up he lost his grip, his claws hooking into the mesh, curving around the railings. Growling he looked up as Gideon stood over him.

“Such a tragic waste. Such a pity we could not have fought side by side. You chose poorly cub.” Gideon sneered, his fanged maw adding to the mocking curve of his mouth.

Porter looked up, admitting defeat to himself but never willing to show it.

“Bite me.” He grinned as Gideon slashed through the railing supports. Shrugging with defeat as his enemy lifted his foot and kicked him into nothingness.

Porter spun as the railing finally released its tentative grip on the concrete of the dam walkway. Turning to face his freefall dive he prayed the descent would be short. As he fell he willed the change, however slight he hoped feathering his arms into wings would deflect his angle just enough to clear the cement he currently hurtled towards. The sudden impact of air on plume sent him spiralling again before mercifully he hit water.

The impact battered him. Reminding him of the waterfall and Mike in Rivertown*, the thought quickly left his mind as the sharp pain of ribs erupting through his skin took precedence. As his mind went blank he settled on the bed of the pool erosion had created at the dam’s base. Currents ushered him forward again, dragging him along the river’s path. Gideon turned from the edge and laughed, a horrible hollow, booming sound as he walked away.

Porter’s body lay silent, still and lifeless for the second time. The river had borne him to it’s edge, leaving his naked frame mud stained, battered and exposed to the coming dawn. 100 yards from the riverbank the ruins of an old shack sat corpse-like, crumbling walls forming a solid skeleton for the faerie circle of toadstools and mushrooms to follow. As the glow flies and crickets swarmed a slight and almost dew-like mist followed the foot-trodden path, that although overgrown with blackberry and gorse still led to the river’s edge.

* City Porter left to come to Cacadia. Guild city from {RPI}. Mike was a former employee, attempted assailant of Porter.

Last edited by Eveshka on Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Gideon drew in one last breath before his laughter ceased. A slight smile remained on his lips however, as he bound down the rocky outcropping that lined the sides of the large dam. The moonlight was insufficient to expose the defeated Gangrels mangled body in the river below, but Gideon could still smell him.

He heard the cutting of air and threw himself aside and watched as a small tuft of dust and pebbled rock exploded where he had been. 'Bullet?' He thought and cast his glance back up towards the bridge.

To his moderate surprise, there stood the two Ventrue he had confronted earlier, both with rifles aimed towards him. Gideon snarled and quickly shifted into his canine form, bullets still exploding around him. Porter would have to wait.

He scaled the rocks with ease, rapidly making his way back up towards the dam. His attackers continued firing, but with increasing innaccuracy. WIthin moments, Gideon hurled himself over the railing, launching himself high into the air above the two, who stood wide eyed. His human arms reappeared in midair, and as he came down he took two viscious swipes at their weapons. His feral claws sliced easily through both.

"Gabriel watch o..." one cried out, before being struck to the ground with one massive swipe of Gideon's arm. The Gangrel turned back towards "Gabriel". Both of them knew who would win. Gideon could see in his opponents emerald eyes however, that he wasn't about to come easily.

+++++++++++++

Slyvia burst through the door with a flurry of movement. Her eyes shot from one side of the hallway to the other. In the bleakness, she saw movement towards the far end.

"Alright then...no more facade." slowly she began to chance, her body contorting and mutating. The bones and muscles elongating and becoming harsh and sharp. The awful creature lunged down the hallway towards her prey, who scrambled blindly in the dark. "Prepare to learn the ultimate horror of the Tzimisce!"

((i don't know WHY i can't write today...it's just frustrating...i'll see what i can do later, give me some time for inspiration. :/

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:43 am Reply with quote
Kathy looked around in horror as she sylvia began to change. The sound of her bones crunching and contorting echoing around the narrow corridor.

"oh dear god" kathy muttered as she backed away her hands feeling along the walls for a doorway.

"youve tried my patience now.....and now you are going to pay for it dearly..i enjoyed you before now im going to show you true pain!" her raspy voice rang out as she advanced on kathy.

((soz its short ive just got up lol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:39 pm Reply with quote
He lay there, still as the hours passed.

The first few golden darts of sunlight began to pepper the spaces between the trees. As the dawn chorus piped up, Porter stirred. Half-blind from the pain and the mud coating his face he dragged himself under the fallen husk of an old willow. The root hollow giving him some shelter from the rising sun. Although near mad with hunger and pain he had the foresight to push the exposed parts of his legs under the mud, even if it baked hard it would still shield him from the sun’s merciless rays. As the sun took his throne in the sky, the injured Gangrel slept, casting out a sleeping “summons” to the animals in the area. The day passed silently overhead. The gathering of animals of every shape and size stood silent and motionless as their summoner began to stir.

He slid from his hollow as the moon climbed to the ether. His fangs and claws fully distended as he crept out to the cabal of beasts. Dropping to his knees he howled, his throat becoming lupine as he willed the change. The beast singing in his ears as the first “disciple” stepped forward. A young stag, the animal bared his neck to his master, whining as the vampire drank. Superior force of will stopped the bestial Kindred from killing the stag, releasing it as the second offering was made. The stag dizzy from blood loss staggered off into the undergrowth to rest. The next offering was made by a jackrabbit, its ears drooping as it too was drained, yet again Porter resisted the killing urge. This continued for the remainder of the night until all the animals gathered, had given something of themselves to the healing vampire.

Porter staggered, both from the power the blood gave him, and from the injuries he still had to heal. Walking drunkenly towards the copse of growth that encircled the ruins he collapsed onto a pile of overripe toadstools, showering the air with spores, before melding with the earth. There he absorbed the blood of moles and earthworms as he pushed himself forward, “swimming” through the soil like some tentacled, amorphous whale.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 3:56 am Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 0Location: California babyJoined: Sun May 18, 2003 8:52 am
((Toasty, that's disgusting.))

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:42 pm Reply with quote
((posting on this one later as well....god got me work cut out now lol :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Sylvia's skin began to darken in colour until it was as black as ebony, slime oozed out of her pores forming a slick sheen of slime over her newly darkened skin.
The clothes she wore now hung in tatters, her once lithe frame had now grown to over 7ft tall and spikes now covered her hand and her back.
Her face was barely recognisable as human, and her thin delicately formed mouth was now a yawning dark chasm, filled with many pointed teeth.

"seen enough yet?" her now low guttural voice uttered as drool fell from her lips.

Kathy glanced to the end of the corridor then stared back at the monstrosity, her hands running against the rough wall as she backed slowly away.

Sylvia stooped as she walked her footfalls slow and deliberate. The slime on her skin forming pools on the floor.

"oh god please no" kathy whimpered as she could smell the rancid breath on her face.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Kathy shook her head and started to run down the corridor, her determination not to meet her death by that thing overcoming the total fear and hopelessness that she felt.

Sylvia bellowed and started to go after kathy, her gambling gait slowing her down but her long strides gaining on kathy nonetheless.

"no where to run torrie.....nowhere"

Kathy reached the end of the corridor. A pile of wooden storage cartons stood at the end and kathy scrambled up them, wanting to put as much distance between her and sylvia.

As she reached the top syliva was still advancing on her, her large bulking frame now just metres behind kathy.
"Gabe what the hell have you got me involved in now" she muttered then screamed as the cartons gave way.

Kathy frantically tried to get a hold on the rough stone wall but her fingers just slipped off them, her nails broken and bleeding she fell to the floor.

Kathy opened her eyes and moaned as she felt her leg, the thigh bone was broken and had pierced her jeans. she had fallen the other side of the cartons and had created an a temporary blockade.
Sylvai began pulling the wooden cartons away, tossing them aside as if they were confetti.

Kathy reached up the wall trying to find something to pull herself up on and looked as she felt a handle.
Behind her was a steel door and using the handle kathy pulled herself up to a standing position.
"please dont be locked" she moaned as she pushed down on the handle. The door refused to open and kathy threw herself against it in sheer desperation.

A rush of air escaped and the door opened just as sylvia tossed the last carton aside.
Her face a look of hatred and hunger she lunged for kathy, her now sharp fingers cutting deeply across kathys chest.
"no!!!! " kathy screamed as she dragged herself through the now open door.

Pushing her body weight against it on the other side she pushed the deadbolts back on it.

Looking around the room kathy saw that it was some sort of storage area, rows of wooden shelvings held now dusty untouched boxes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Kathy looked at the wound on her chest and touched it cautiously with her bloodied fingers, the gouge was deep, but would heal in time. Kathy was weak and there was no way she was going to use precious blood to heal herself. Tearing a piece of her jumper she bound her thigh tightly, her teeth biting her lip as she did.

A thud echoed around the room and kathy shuddered as she watched the door move slightly, then go silent.

Limping to the door kathy listened, she could here nothing, maybe she had gone but then maybe thats what she wanted kathy to think.

Kathy looked around the room quickly, her eyes searching for a way out.

"the windows!"
Kathy walked to them and as she did she could feel the heat of the sun now trying to break though the morning mist.

"now Im in deep trouble.....very deep"

The nails that held the boards across the window were rusty and loose and it would take no time at all to pull them out, but she had no protection against the suns hot burning rays.

A noise made kathy look back to the door , her eys looked it over and she could so no signs of it been forced anymore. AS she turned her attention back to the window something caught her eyes.

A small puddle had begun to form beneath the door. Stepping towards it hesitantly, kathy watched as the pool began to grow. The rich scent of blood drifted to her.
"what the..." she uttered as the pool continued to grow in size, then seemed to move towards her.

"you sly bitch" kathy whispered to herself as she limped back to the window. Her fingers worked quickly, her eyes never leaving the now large puddle.

Kathy watched as the pool seemed to try and travel upwards, as a bloodied hand appeared kathy ripped off the boardings on the window and whinced as she felt the suns heat.

The pool of blood seemed to shimmer then take the natural form of sylvia.
Her face burning as the sun hit it.
"NOOOOOOOO" her now normal voice screamed as she collapsed to teh floor.
Kathy watched as her flesh seemd to melt away, leaving nothing but a skeleton, the limbs flaying pathetically, only for them to turn to dust.

((okies whos next lol :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:05 pm Reply with quote
((oi! i'll happily be next in line, but it won't be until this evening. i'm at work till 3 PM and then at school till about 5 or 6. after that, me woman has official ownership of me testies for several hours, and then..AND ONLY THEN...am i free to post :P

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:48 pm Reply with quote
((Damn I wish someone owned my testes :(

Offline Profile