<  Dusty Books  ~  The Nightly Toil: Trials of Vitae

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:29 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
The haven was modest for a Ventrue Gerousia, even the Gangrel knew that as the car he rode in pulled to a halt in front of the Victorian style home. The indigo garrets rose high into the night sky, and indeed almost seemed to join the very sky itself. The prominant three story haven had taken only three nights to prepare for it's new master's arrival. The windows shone with firelight from within, lighting the dismal run down neighborhood in which it was located.

"This is it." the driver stated matter-of-factly. Porter nodded and opened the car door, pleased to be released from the cramped space. The night was warm, and perhaps Porter would've preferred roaming the countryside outside of town, but duty called. It was a mere two hours after the Kindred Council had met and named him temporary Scourge. He had already proven his deadliness with his ruthless handling of the Setite and the Malkavian. No sooner had he left the meeting hall, than he was presented with an invitation to meet Gabriel's personal driver at a local drugstore.

The ride was short and through the seedier part of town, and as unfamiliar as the Gangrel was with Ventrue traditions, it was clear that something strange was afoot. The blond haired vampire had mentioned, "tests" earlier. Perhaps they meant to put him to work.

He rapped twice on the mahogany door and cast his gaze down the shadow streaked street to make sure no one was about. The street was deserted, empty sirens several blocks away being the only signs of life. The door opened and Porter was bathed in light.

He stepped inside, sniffing the doorman suspiciously. Blue blood alright...so clean you could eat off him.

"Mr. O'Brien and Mr. Nowell are in the study, they've been awaiting your arrival." he said somewhat condescendingly. Porter snorted and grumbled something inaudible to the Ventrue's inferior ears. "Hmm...yes...this way please."

Porter followed the suit down the marble hallway, unimpressed by the newly place masterpieces that hung on the wall, or the lavish sculptures that adjourned the floors. Gradually the pair emerged in a wood panelled room. Oil paintings, seemingly larger than life, hung on the walls next to mounted animal heads. Porter growled at the display of human arrogance. Within the center of the room, next to the fireplace sat two figures. One held up his glass.

"Ah, the new Scourge has arrived at last...."

((sorry about the TERRIBLE posting....i'm having a severe case of writers block :/

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:39 am Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
(( Nice post man :) ))

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:31 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Porter cleared his throat as the Seneschal introduced him both to himself and the other "blue blood" in the room.

"So I [i:a139cf7abd]am[/i:a139cf7abd] in the right place?"

Gabriel nodded, giving Porter's attire the "once over" he motioned for the Gangrel to take a seat. As Porter sat down it became all too clear the suit he wore was not his own. The jacket was overly large, hemmed in expertly yes, but the effect was to give him an apeish look. The trousers clung to him, stripping him, almost, of his dignity. Porter grunted at the restrictions the suit brought to light, his hair pulled back painfully into a ponytail, his neck constricted by the shirt collar and tie like twin cotton pythons. The latter made him snarl.

"Nice suit. John Philips of London yes?"

Gabriel's smile was genuine, Porter feeling yet more harassed felt his face flush.

"I don't know Mr. O'Brien, it's borrowed. One of Sorenti's associates...Mr. Tanner? Bill?" Porter looked almost pleadingly, hoping the Seneschal would recognise the name.

"Ahh of course, Tanner. Oh I should have realised."

"Now Porter," he continued.

"My Sire, Sorenti has told me of your successes, your battles, even a little of your killings. But being a capable killer is only part of the responsibilities of a Scourge." Gabriel spoke calmly, almost slowly. His lips forming each word, each syllable with alarming accuracy. Porter merely listened, nodding when it seemed appropriate.

"Before I go on.....a drink perhaps? Cigar? No? Very well. As I was saying...we agreed on a number of "tasks" shall we say? It just so happens I have just the thing....."

Offline Profile