<  Dusty Books  ~  From The Ashes Of The Damned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:59 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((hey Mark, wanna be a Vent?
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:28 am Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
(( Damn Daisy you have one hell of a cool avatar :) and nice posts ! ))

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:46 am Reply with quote
((Vent? you interested in making me a vent? lol :roll: :roll: :wink:
Hey i need a cool avatar! lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:44 pm Reply with quote
As he wondered down the street his still sore eyes scanned the street where they set upon a fast food restaurant. As his aching body approached the entrance of the building a deep pain emanated from his stomach. Inhaling through his nose the deep aroma of freshly cooked meat struck him and a deep hunger filled him. Bursting through the doors he entered into cue for food.

He stood with his hands buried deep in the pockets of the jacket he stole from the man he attacked. A anxious cold sweat covered his face as he stood shaking slightly, as if he were waiting for his next fix of heroine. Impatient he began to mutter softly as eyes began to stare at him. His appearance was worn and dirty.

The few minutes it took to serve Mark seemed like hours as he gathered up the large burger and Pepsi he had ordered and took it to a seat in the corner. He feverishly took a large bite out of the burger. As the food travelled down his unaccustomed throat it seemed to rip it apart. The food irritated his throat and he began to choke.

He painfully coughed up the food along with a small amount of blood. Startled he stood to his feet and ran out of the restaurant into the street that was slowly beginning to settle to night and he needed sanctuary from the untold horrors.

After a few minutes of walking down the street he came upon a shoddy Bed & Breakfast Hostel. The building was thin and tall; the exterior was painted in a creamy colour and was chipped revealing large patches of brickwork. An orange fluorescent light read Vacancies. Beneath the sign was a wooden door with a brass knob and a sign hanging against the inside of the window indicating the Hostel was open.

With a twist of the knob the door opened with a high-pitched squeak. The floor was coated in a rough navy blue carpet that had been worn-down. The same creamy white paint had been used to decorate the interior walls and ceilings. To the right was a door labelled ‘Breakfast Bar .Open from 7am to 11am’. Directly in front of him was a set of stairs that gave access to the other three floors of the building. To the left was a door with a ‘Staff Only’ Sign. Next to the door was a reception counter. The counter was basically a large rectangle cut into the wall where access could only be given via the door to the side of it

Behind the desk was a bold man who was in his late forties. He was wearing a vest that attempted to conceal his beer belly. The state of the building was reflected in the run down appearance of its owner. The counter had unorganised piles of paper spread across it. As Mark approached the counter the owner looked up at him and smiled. What teeth he still had were a deep yellow colour covered in a thick layer of dark plaque.

"Good eve’nin, Dun’t see ‘ur type eround ‘ere often. Mom kick yer out?" A stale smell left his mouth as he spoke. Mark continued to scan the room ignoring the comment.
"Not the talkative type huh? My name is Fred, Fred Bonner." His grin became even larger "What can I do for ya"?
"I need a room"
"For how long sonny?"
"For as long as I need it" Marks voice and face were void of emotion
Fred frowned "Uh-huh. Well that will be 20 bucks a night with payment in advance."
Reaching into his pocket Mark withdrew the money and handed it over.

"Your room is 2C, third door on the first floor. Sign ‘ere please" After signing his name Fred handed over the key and wished him a good night and hoped he enjoyed his stay. Mark climbed the flight of stairs leading to the first floor, his joints acheing. He walked down the narrow corridor until he found the door with a plastic plaque with 2C engraved into it.

He placed the key into the keyhole in the doorknob and unlocked the door. The door was a bit stiff but nonetheless it opened revealing the room of 2C. The room was decorated in a fashion identical to the rest of the building. In the bottom left corner of the room was a door that was a dark oak colour. In the upper left corner was an old fashioned TV. The box was twice the size of the eight-inch screen and stood on a flimsy wooden cabinet. In the upper centre of the room facing the TV was a three-seater couch that was covered in a green and blue material with a criss-cross pattern. There were patches in the material that left the foam and wood exposed. The seats were worn and melded into a shape that comforted the previous owner.

Against the right hand sidewall was a bed reaching from one end of the small room to the other. The bedding was a bright red colour that stood out like a saw thumb among the rest of the dark blue and green colours of the room.

A single round light bulb hung from the ceiling with no shade or other form of decoration. The central wall had one large window in it. The frame was constructed from wood and had the same colour as the doors in the room. The top half of the window could be opened several inches before being stopped by the security latch. A set of thick plain sky-blue curtains hung either side of the window that were drawn closed.

Mark sighed slowly and rubbed his forehead as he examined the room that had a minimalist approach to life. He walked towards the oak door that opened inwards and stepped inside. Directly in front of him was a toilet with a sink to the side and a bath that ran all the way down the wall. Above the sink was a mirror.

Walking over to the bath Mark began to fill it with warm water. As he slowly slid his naked body into the comforting warmth of the water he sighed heavily with relief. The water soothed him and cleansed him as he leant his head back and relaxed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:02 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:16 am
Daisy continued down the alley in her frantic search for shelter. Turning down a side street off the alley she spotted and old run down looking Hotel. It wasnt very big wich Daisy liked. She reached into her pocket to make sure she had cash on her and pulled out a wad of bills. Satisfied, she walked to the door of the Hotel and went in. In her panicked search for shelter, she had forgotten she was covered in blood from the abandoned building. Before she reached the front desk the mad behind the counter yelled at her. Hey you! I run a decent place here and dont need the likes of you running around! Daisy took a step forward. I..I need a room. Go on get out of here! I dont want no trouble makin here! Daisy then remembered what a mess she must look like. Ssir, I am no trouble maker. I was trying to help those poor people down the road that were hurt in the riot and I am very tired and sore and just need to rest. The man didnt look to impressed with her story but reluctantly agreed to give her a room. Twenty umm five bucks a night and no one else in the room and any trouble, your out without a refund ya hear? Yes Sir, thank you. He shoved the ledger at her, sign your name. Diasy didnt bother reading any other names she was in to much of a hurry and a little shaken by the mans abrubt hehaviour. She quickly scribled Daisy on the line and pushed the ledger back. Reaching into her pocked she pulled out the money and set it on the counter. Hey you didnt put your full name. Daisy looked at him with a confused expression. YOur last name girl! What is it? Last name? Daisy repeated. Whats wrong with you girl? You got a screw loose? My name is Daisy she said. Yeah yeah Daisy what? Just Daisy, you know like the flower. The man was getting visably irritated, Look no last name, No room! Daisy stood there a moment and ran through her memory for a name, any name. She looked up at hiim. Smith, my last name is Smith. Bah, room 3C. He dropped the key on the counter remember any trouble and your outta 'ere. Daisy grabbed the keys and rushed to the room. She unlocked the door and closing it quickly behind her she leaned on the inside of the closed door. She glanced around the room and noticed the sun pouring in the window and of course, there was no shade to pull down. She yanked the bedspread off the bed and hung it up over the window to block the light. Making sure she had locked the door behind her, she finally removed her cloak. She opened the door on the oppisite door to reveal the bathroom and was happy there was a shower. she turned the water on, paying no attention to the tempeture she stepped in clothes and all. The water running off of her made red by the blood that was caked on her. Her long red hair matted and made even redder by all the blood. She stayin in the shower until the water ran off her body clear. She stepped out and went and got her cloak to wash the blood from it and hang it so it would dry. She stripped off the wet but clean clothes and hung them over the shower rod as well. Then she finaly moved over to the bed and lay down nude to rest and wait for nightfall.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Mark stood at the bottom of the wooden stairs that climbed a never-ending path into the darkness. The old wood creaked loudly under the foot of the small figure descending the stairs. An eerie high pitched squeal repeatedly filled the silent still air. The child walking straight past mark as he walked through the dark arch way of the door.

Confused and lost Mark walked behind the child through the door way. A door slammed shut behind Mark startling him, trapping him inside the large room that stretched father than the eye could tell. It was huge, larger than a banquet hall in an medieval castle.

The room was barren save for fire place that stretched from the ground to the ceiling and roughly 6 foot wide. The logs inside were burning with fury; the flames dancing mesmerizing. A rug rested before the fire place. A thin framed lady laying upon it her long curly blonde hair sprawled across the floor. Above her was a monster brutally and savaging her.

The child ran against before the Monster and began to hit him feebly with his fists repeatedly only to be struck and sent flying hard against the fireplace. The towering behemoth ogre slowly moved towards the child. The child picked up a scorching hot fire poker and lunged at the monster. It penetrated deep into its flesh igniting it into and inferno

The women on the floor stood sharply and moved over towards the child. There eyes made contact, the child looking up into her eyes lovingly. Her arms outstretched and reaching to the child as her hands wrapped around its neck and began to squeeze.

Mark moved as fast he could to child and gripped his hand firmly around her wrists. Is efforts were futile as he tried to separate her from the child as the sound of crushing bones echoed. Blood began to pour from the orifices flowing violently. Marks frustrated efforts useless.

With a loud snap the child’s neck snapped and it fell lifelessly to the floor. The women turned around sharply her frame now that of a green evil goblin as a evil smile crossed her face and she plunged at Mark.

Screaming Mark awoke his hands gripped tightly to the sheets of the bed. Cold sweat was dripping from him his body. His heavy deep breaths slowly returning to normal as his nightmare released its grip on his senses. After tossing and turning for a while Mark gave up on the idea of returning to sleep.

Moving over to the window he peered out of the curtains. He had only had between one and two hours sleep and the sun was slipping below the world. Mark picked up his belongings and stepped out of his room locking it behind him.

His attention drifted to the room beside his. He walked slowly to the door instinctively as if being drawn by something unknown to him. As his hand reached for the door knob he yanked it back as it touched the cold metal. Startled he took several steps back and walked down the stairs to the entrance,

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:40 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((hmmmm very nice ladies and germs. mark, ALWAYS interested lol! :) i'll post ASAP. i'm at work and then tonight after i get off i have a footblal party to go to. but i'll do it, rest assured.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:00 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:16 am
Daisy bolted up in the bed. Had she heard a scream or was she dreaming? She wasnt sure. She stood and walked over to the window peeking out from behind the bedspread she had hung to see if the sun was down. It was dusk so she removed the cover from the window. There was a group of teenage boys in the parking lot drinking just outside her window. She had forgotten she had slept in the nude untill she heard the boys whisteling and yelling at her. Daisy smiled sweetly at them and curtsied then went into the bathroom to dress. She pulled on her cloak and pulled the hood over her head so that no one could tell it was her. She walked out the door and stood for a moment in the hallway. She sniffed the air not detecting any kindred scents although she did detect a scent that she couldnt quite place. It wasnt kindred but it didnt smell human either, it was something she had never smelled before yet it smelled familiar. She looked up and down the hallway before heading to the main outside door. Once outside she decided to walk the street rather than the alley this time, after all no one would recognise her.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 2:07 pm Reply with quote
((do it? by that do you mean embrace mark? lol
My appologies in advnace. My posts will be less often and i wont be able to attenend the meeting as i have relatives over for a week who i wont see again for a long time after :/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 2:35 pm Reply with quote
(( no no no hes Daisys!!!!!!! )) LOL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Mark walked down the streets that were barely illuminated by the approaching moon that brought a dark reminder of the nights he used to walk as a beast. The dark air felt cold and morbid as it swept over his skin like a shadow. He suddenly fell silent as his eyes caught a glimpse of a young teenage girl. Her face was soft and gentle. She was pretty with silky soft hair flowing down her back. She reminded him of his sister.

A single lone tear ran down the side of his quivering face as his mind flooded with horrific memories and visions of the cruel deeds he had committed. The images flashed through his mind tearing it apart like wild hurricane. The blood he had spilled and the pain he had caused. He brought his hands to his face where he examined them slowly. It was as if he could still see, smell and feel the blood covering his hands.

Quickly turning to face the brick wall he stood with his arms out stretched and holding himself up as his head hung low and he began fell convulsions from his stomach. What little food he had in his stomach along with the dark brown fluids and stomach lining that looked remarkably like carrots were brought forcefully up his throat bursting free form his mouth as he vomited, the foul taste lingering in his mouth.

“Stand up and put you’re fucking hands behind your head!”

Mark, dazed and confused slowly turned around where his eyes made contact with those of a female officer. Her hair was dark and silky and tied behind her head. Her dark eyes were set back into her rough Hispanic features. Mark’s gaze left the puzzlingly familiar women and drifted down to the barrel of a service revolver clenched tightly in her hands.

“Don’t move you son of a bitch! Put you’re hands on your fucking head!” a pause “NOW!”

Mark slowly placed his hands behind his head and locked his fingers

“One move and I blow your fucking head off!”

Sadness filled Mark and his heart seemed to sink as he looked deep into to the anger and tragedy filled eyes of the police women before him. He suddenly knew where he recognised her from.

“You fucking animal you killed my partner! He was only in his first few months of service and you fucking son of a bitch had to kill him take his life away from him. But its over. You’re fucking dead!”

“I’m sor…” Mark moved his hands slowly down from behind his head.

The black metallic chamber turned slowly with an eerie groan clicking into place. Her finger depressed the trigger firmly yet slowly. The hammer struck hard creating a thud that was quickly followed by a powerful explosion. A dark grey smoke escaped from the end of the barrel that had hurled its deadly bullet that cut through the air with a silent hiss.

A shocked expression occupied Mark’s face as he felt a quick and sharp yet agonising pain to his chest. His eyes drifted to the smoke the back to the face of the women. Her face was a cross of uncertainty and pleasure.

Mark then looked down to his chest. Moving his right blood covered away from his chest he marvelled at the speed that the vibrant red blood was gushing from the small hole of his chest

Mark stumbled backwards almost falling over his eyes still wide with shock and amazement. His mouth turned to a nervous smile and a broken laugh left his lips. His knees gave in and he fell to them, kneeling in a pool of his own blood.

His hand gripped tightly over the wound, the sudden movement sending a jolting pain through his chest, blood beginning to seep from the corners of his mouth.
The police officer lowered her gun slowly as she looked on proudly at the man she had just shot.

A groan left Mark’s mouth his eyes closed tightly as he feel backwards. A pool of blood was forming around him. A bright light flashed before his eyes as he slowly slipped away into the darkness of the abyss.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:23 pm Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
(( Nice post man :) , but i hope your not going to end your char dude :( , you better not , or ill have Valek resurect you lol .. ))

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:39 am Reply with quote
As Daisy walked down the dark street she was happy that no one gave her a second glance. That was just the way she wanted it, she wanted to be invisable. If no one saw her no one would talk to her and she wouldnt have to explain anything.
Daisy was pulled out of her thoughts by a loud bang that sounded very close. She turned abruptly to the direction of the sound, realizing it came from the alley she had just left, she headed back to see what was happening. As she walked toward the sound she saw what looked like a cop exiting the opposite end of the alley. As she looked closer she saw a body on the ground. She continued on thinking she might get a free meal if she got there fast enough. She could smell the blood, the scent growing stronger the closer she got. Within a few feet of the body she stopped in her tracks, a strange feeling coming over her. Something wasnt right but she didnt know exactly what. She reached the body and knelt down next to it. She knew it was male but couldnt see the face. She reached her hands out and gently turned the head to face her.When she saw the face she froze. A million memorise filled her mind as she mouthed the name Mark. She looked down and saw the hole in his chest and all the blood oozing from him. She placed her hand over the wound and was suprised to find the blood was warm. Daisys mind snapped. She had been close to Mark, he was one of the few men she would allow herself to be close to due to what her father had put her through before she shot him when she was just a little girl. In Daisys mind Marks face kept changing from his own to that of her father. She lifted his head and gently placed it in her lap, blood tears streaming down her face. She put her hand back on the wound to try to stop the blood from flowing but it only flowed through and over her fingers. She began rocking him trying comfort him or herself she wasnt quite sure wich. She mumbled Im sorry over and over. A drunk walked over near her and asked did ya check the pockets? He might have some cash or sumpin on him. Daisy slowly lifted her head and stared at the man. Her eyes glowing she bared her fangs and let out a sick sounding growl and the drunk fled. She bend her neck down and kissed Marks forhead and carefully moved the hair from his eyes. She continued to rock his still body and began to hum a lullabye to him. Her eyes took on a vacant look as if she were on auto-pilot. I wont leave you, ill never leave you. The tears now falling from her eyes onto Marks forhead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:36 am Reply with quote
(( Thats just amazing writing daisy.... i think im goanna cry lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 7:00 pm Reply with quote
"Quiet now..." Gabriel hissed as his emerald eyes followed the strangely effervescent beam of the flashlight (torch for you brits! :P). The command was hardly necessary, as none of the coterie had uttered so much as a word within the last hour or their searching.

Mark's secret haven had been well hidden indeed. It had taken the Ventrue nearly two hours to find the entrance to the secret ceremonial chamber. The haven was little more than a sparsely furnished apartment, which looked either horribly under appreciated or extremely under used. Only by use of Auspex were the business atire clad warriors able to locate the switch which removed a small portion of the wall. It had been concealed at the bottom of a seemingly ordinary bowl of plastic fruit. Malkavians.

Upon entering the descending stairwell, the smell of blood had been over powering, noticably causing a reaction in Gabriel's henchman, who were already on edge. Gabriel himself took the lead, one hand gripping the flashlight and the other hovering just over one of the desert eagles beneath his coat.

The smell of age eminated from everything, including the very stones of the stairway themselves. This tunnel had obviously been in place for some time, long before Mark Archer had put it to whatever twisted scheme he was involved in. The stairs finally ended, placing the group in the center of an unlit hallway. Gabriel motioned for the others to follow as he took paced, cautious steps towards the doorway at the end.

The stones that made up the subterranean lair were loosely place, and wind flowed from the opened passageway upstairs, sending a chill up Gabriel's spine. Several yards ahead, a weak glow eminated from the doorway, bouncing off the stones ever so dimly. The Ventrue leader stopped at the doorway, raising a spread hand to signal his team to stand down.

Slipping his Desert Eage from the holster and readying it, Gabriel warily shifted his body around the corner, crossing the threshold and slipping into the room beyond. He could feel the fresh blood in his stomach turning as his human instincts of fear and paranoia revived themselves. He hissed, and watched as the other members of his party slipped into the room, taking their positions near the doorway.

The room was ornately decorated, or had been. The expansive chamber was filled with toppled candlebras and shredded tapestries. Trinkets of gold and silver were scattered across the floor amid a blanket of corpses. Gabriel scanned the room for any sign of life but found none. Slowly, the group moved forward, none making a sound.

The room descended slightly, seemingly being built on a slope. As the vampires carefully stepped over the corpses, they found themselves awash in the blood and entrails of the victims, which grew thicker as they went along. The tangy smell of the freshly slaughtered stung Gabriel's nose, and he conciousely ceased breathing.

The signs of violence were evident, but what was strange was the methods. Spears and blades of all description were strewn about the battlescene, with little evidence of bullet holes on the walls or ceiling. At the far end of the room, a podium towered above the rest. Gabriel turned back to his search team.

"Search for survivors." the team nodded in compliance and began the tedious task of examing the dead bodies. Gabriel waded his way towards the podium and ascended the steps, making careful note of the condition of the actual chamber itself. Gigantic gaps in the ceiling caught his attention, large portions of earth protruding from beyond them. Something had shaken this room to the very core, he thought as he stepped over large shattered bits of rubble and debris.

As he reached the top of the platform he heard a wet gurgle. Next to several flickering candles, sprawled across the floor, lay a frail figure. Gabriel approached slowly, shining the beam of his flashlight over the body. The man lay in blood and filth soaked robes, their original color now impossible to determine. His face was that was a gentile. Perhaps once wrinkled and kind, a horrific ordeal had plastered fear across his kind features. He lay gasping for life, hands clutching a bloody wound on his neck.

Gabriel knelt down next to him and examined the wound, easily prying the shaking hands from around the man's neck. It was a puncture wound, most likely inflicted by a blade of some sort. The man glanced at Gabriel with frightened yet soft eyes. He knew. And Gabriel knew as well. There was nothing to be done, only to spend out the few remaining moments of life quietly.

The Ventrue sat there, gripping the man's hand for support. As he connected with the man's recent memory, flashes of bloodshed and violence appeared. Vampires visciously slaughtering humans. A turrent of vitae. Gabriel dug deeper still into the man's brain, creating a mental 'rewind' of sorts. Before the battle...a cermony....raising an Elder...of horrific strength. Mark Archer stood in cermonial robes, a twisted cackle filling the once crowded room. Gabriel broke the mind scan and looked down at the holy man.

"Thank you for your time old man." he whispered. With that, the Irishman heaved the man into the air, lifting him high above his head. A feeble cry protested, but Gabriel was hardly listening. He approached the edge of the podium and hissed. "You've betrayed Caine and his progeny with this dark ceremony..."

He hurled the elderly man into the sea of darkness below, he fell silently, ending only with a CRACK as his brittle frame collapsed against the corpses of others. Gabriel's broad smile nearly shattered the darkness as he finally grasped the severity of the situation.

"Archer's lost it completely boys. Take photographs as evidence and lets go." Gabriel called across the room. Spuratic flashes of light sparked across the room as the Kindred took photos of the carnage.

Minutes later the Kindred appeared on the street, climbing into an old van. Their clothes were bloodstained, but their minds enlightened. The night however was ending, the accursed sun would hinder their plans. In the passenger seat of the car, abscent mindedly wiping the blood from his hands, Gabriel sat thinking of his impending task. The hunt for Mark Archer.

((keepin it on till the break of dawn

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ