<  Dusty Books  ~  From The Ashes Of The Damned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:05 pm Reply with quote
The loud roar of the engine lessened to a low purr and the headlights that cut through the darkness of the night faded slowly as the beast of a machine pulled up against the street. The moon light glistened against the immaculate silver bodywork of the S-Type Jaguar that provided endless luxury to its passengers.

The puddle of water separated violently and the door clicked close with a smooth motion as the passenger vacated the car. His eyes gazed up and down the streets of Cascadia scanning the unaware population of the streets. Sliding his hands into the pockets of his dark trousers a smirk crossed his face.

“Home sweet home”

Twirling the keys to the car around his finger he slowly walked deeper into the city towards the direction of the worn and tired graveyard.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:45 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((Marky Mark! Did he bring his funky bunches??

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:45 am Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
(( Welcome back man :) , nice post ))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:27 pm Reply with quote
The spray can hissed as a flow of vibrant red paint was unleashed against the cold surface of the dark stone grave. The can moved elegantly in the hands of its master violating the sacred resting place with his territorial mark. Several other graves had also undergone the crude transformation. While his domain may have been clearly marked this hunter neglected to remember one small detail and so the hunter becomes the hunted.

Approaching unheard and unseen the trespasser invaded the domain of his prey. His eyes were filled with a black fire and anger raged through him. The can dropped from the victim’s hand clashing against the grave. His mouth opened in shock unleashing a silent cry for help unaware of his fate.

The chilling edge of the blade pierced between the ribs of his back and impaling itself on his right lung. His breaths were laboured as the air struggled against the flow of blood rising from his lungs. Collapsing to the floor the grave provided support for his back.

Kneeling down beside his prey the wild beast looked upon his victem with a satisfied look of sorrow. There eyes made contact and a chilling shiver ran through the body of the helpless man.

“Do you even know whose grave that belonged to?” Trying to break eye contact the injured man squirmed in vain attempts as the attacker continued to penetrate into his mind “No I didn’t think so but err… unfortunately for you I did. Now you’re going to tell me everything I need to know”

His victim’s body began to convulse as the most private areas of his mind and his deepest thoughts were being savagely explored. The pain inside his mind as he tried to defend himself against the intrusion was intense. The few moments that he was invaded seemed like hours as the pain flowed through him. His body slumped down as the link was severed, his will drained and his soul shattered.

Leaning towards his victim his cold tongue ran along the soft cheek of his victim tasting the warm essence of his life force. He licked his lips and growled softly as he had his first taste of his prey. He moaned softly “Mmmm…. Pure blood.” before placing his right hand over his victim’s mouth and the other wrapped around the hard hilt of the blade.

He smirked evilly, a terrible force flowing through him as he twisted the knife sharply. The agonising reaction produced in his victim was more than enough to motivate him to continue this act of torture. It was only when his victim surrendered to the pain that he withdrew the blade. A terrible gurgling noise was emanating from the throat of the dieing man as blood continued to flow from the corners of his mouth.

Ripping the shirt free from the victim exposed a pale chest covered in a thin layer of sweat from his futile efforts. The sharp edge of the blade cut through the fragile skin slowly slicing above his heart. The pale skin was replaced with a view of the tender red flash that offered no protection against the invasion. Like a zip moving slowly down his insides became visible in a tantalisingly and teasing manor.
His fist plunged into the new opening, clasped around the now lifeless heart, ripping it free from its constraints. Bringing the heart to his mouth he began to feverishly drain it free of blood.

The gate to the graveyard swung closed as the dark figure began his walk down the long muddy path back towards the city. A relieved smile crossed his face and he sighed happily “It’s great to be back!”

The sight behind was one of gruesome proportions. Hanging from the bars of the cemeteries gate in crucifixion style was the body of a young child in his late teens. His head hung limp with an expression of sorrow. His skin was fading to a ghostly white and a pool of blood was forming beneath his abused body. A large gaping hole appeared where his heart should have been, allowing the world to see the sickening site of vibrant flesh contrasted with the colour of pure white bones. Engraved into the flesh of the chest was the word:-

PROPHECY

Arriving outside o low income housing building he looked up to the central window on the 5th floor. Shaking his head slowly he muttered “I blame the parents….”. He moved towards the entrance of the building.

((Hey :P I have a the funky bunch in my pocket and im back wityh a vengence lol))

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 1:06 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
Lieutenant Stanton gasped in exasperation as the shrill scream of the telephone rang once more as soon as he set it down upon the receiver. He snatched it from it's cradle and wrasped curtly.

"Cascadian Police Department." The emergency operators had been flooded with calls tonight, so much so that they had actually not had enough lines to handle the influx and had to patch several lines through to the police front office. The explosions and subsequent riots that followed were far more than the police could handle on their own. Already 24 cases of beatings had occured and the national guard was nowhere in sight. Currently Officer Stanton was going on his 12th hour of shift.

"This is Rick, from Discount Electronics..." came a panicked, squeeky voice. Stanton had lost the last of his patience long ago.

"The emergency?" he drilled.

"Across the street...at the cemetary..." Stanton rolled his eyes. The Cascadian Cemetary had long been a site of strange occurances, occult worship, vandalism, and such. The caller had probably seem some strange individuals and with the chaos exploding within the city was paranoid. "There's a..a...a body, hanging on the gates, his chest ripped wide open...oh God..."

Charles Stanton felt his breath leave his chest. The random bombings had caused riots, but not homicide until now. He took down the individuals names and put two officers on the call. It was going to be a long night.

((nice post Marky Mark, just postin a bit of police response to the craziness.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:10 am Reply with quote
(( Very nice post man :) , its sick , i love it ! :) ))

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:31 am Reply with quote
(( Thanks for the comments :) Oh dont worry im going to try and make it a lot sicker in the future but somehow i dont think it will be quite as sick as yours with the knife in the knees and the swords and barbed wire and all that! lol

I appreciate you joining in Gabriel it takes two to tango lol. and if anyone else wnats to join in then hey well have a party.))

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Mark Archer stopped his ascension mid step to the entrance of the building as the sound of whirling sirens and the blinding flash of red and blue lights filled his senses. Turning swiftly he continued walking in the opposite direction of the graveyard and deeper into the city. A few buildings down the street the sound of music could be heard emanating from the interior of a club.

Stopping amidst the crowd of young men and women awaiting entrance to the club his eyes drifted to the purple hue that surrounded the nylon lights identifying the familiar hot spot of night life. Slipping inside the building Mark weaved his way through the crowed towards the central bar. Propping himself up against the counter on his elbows he looked onwards into the dance floor. His scanned the crowed as he awaited service.

Mark felt the eyes of another scanning over him. Glancing to his left he made eye contact briefly with the shy male who quickly averted his gaze. Mark smirked as he turned to face the bar man.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:56 pm Reply with quote
The naked and mutilated blood covered body of the shy guy whom mark had met in the club fell to the floor of the harsh damp stone of the underground structure creating a loud thud that echoed through the walls. Still clutching a hold of the severed head of his victim by its hair he brought it up to his face and smiled proudly at it.

“What a cute smile…”

Bringing it closer to his face he licked the side of the face clean of blood before releasing his grip and watching it roll as smoothly as a ball to the other side of the room. The sickening sound of a squelching cracking noise filled the room as the sharp high heel pierced through the eye ball of the head and smashing its way out of the skull. Twisting her heel in a grinding fashion she continued to crush the head before moving closer towards Mark.

Her gaze ran along the body from the tip of the exposed spine down the tortured and abused body stopping at the waist. Her head then slowly turned to face Mark and she smiled wickedly.

“I see you’ve been having fun?” As she spoke her eyes explored marks chest and face following the blood smeared trails and patterns. She reached her hand forward and grabbed a hold of Marks right wrist that was slick with blood that ran down from the curved sharp oriental blade clutched in his hand.

Her stare was reflected in the dark fiery mist of Mark’s eyes. His face was almost completely devoid of expression. He stood tense and proud looking upon his victim as though it was the most beautiful piece of art created.

“I was talking to you…” Her hand began to stroke his cheek softly before sliding slowly down his chest streaking the blood with her elegant fingers. Her grip around his wrist began to tighten to the point that the fine bones running through Mark’s wrist began to shatter. His hand opened uncontrollably and the tool of his art fell to the floor creating a metallic dull as it struck the stone surface of the chamber.

Turning his gaze to her his deep stare began to penetrate her soft gentle emerald eyes. Breaking eye contact she quickly glanced to the floor. Her hands began rubbing his chest soothingly as she spoke calming words to him. The black fire disappeared from his eyes and he looked down upon her eyes. The soothing ice blue natural colour of his eyes contrasted beautifully with that of her emerald eyes.

He spoke softly “I have something I have to do, some unfinished business.”
“You have business for me that you must accomplish”
“I will do that after I have finished my task”
“Do you dare to defy me?” She spoke in a dark tone as her eyes narrowed.

With out another word Mark moved to exit the cold stone room. A look of fear, anger and worry filled her face as she moved towards the big wooden doors. Pushing them open revealed a room akin to that of a king’s throne room. Moving towards the stone elaborate char which dominated the room she sank into it and began to ponder.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:01 pm Reply with quote
The gentle humming of the tall elegant lady was soft and warming in comparison to the electric rattle of the carving knife she held in her hands. The vibrating blades that slid back and forth in opposite directions cut effortlessly through the rough flesh that clung to the carcass of the chicken she was preparing for dinner. On the stove beside her was a large soup pan that boiled away furiously with its contents of vegetables. The kitchen work surfaces were white and sterile, reminding her of a hospital environment. The clean bleach smell brought comfort to her as she worked about her meals preparation.

Startled she turned her gaze towards the door at the opposite of the kitchen that offered entrance to the street as she heard a loud rasping noise on the other side. Walking towards the door her hands began to fiddle with her hair, releasing it from its constraints, allowing it to free slowly. Shaking her head gently the hair moved with a graceful and fluidic movement.

Reaching forward her hand twisted the door handle slowly, a click filling the room as the latch was released. The door opened silently revealing the blood covered body of Mark archer standing in the doorway. Her eyes scanned over his body in shock until she made contact with his eyes. She froze in fear, unable to react to the gruesome vision before her.

The door smashed loudly against the wall as he forced it open out of her grip. A Gasp left her mouth as Mark struck the side of her face. The still wet blood that coated his fist from his previous victim streaked across her cheek as she flew backwards across the kitchen. She landed hard against the counters and slumped to the floor. Winded her screams failed to leave her mouth.

Moving across the room in long strides he approached the still dazed women. Taking a hold of her by her hair he lifted her to her feet. A terrified expression filled her face as she looked into the dark abyss of Mark’s eyes and his expressionless face. Yanking harshly on her hair she gasped in agony as her neck was thrust backwards. With one swift motion he plunged her face into the boiling water that occupied the soup pan. Her body began to convulse in agony her limbs waving frantically as she tried to escape the torture.

Boiling hot water splashed across the room as Mark yanked her head out of the pan. Her face was vibrant with red burned flesh that began to swell like blisters. Her body was limp as she remained in a state between conscious and unconscious. Taking a small parting knife in hand Mark looked upon his victim.

Pinning her to the counter by her throat Mark ripped open her bloused exposing her naked torso. Taking the knife firmly in hand he began to carve the word “AWAKENING” into her breast. Tears began to run from her eyes, her screams silenced by the vice like grip around her neck. Moving the knife above her head he plunged the sharp piercing blade into her left eye. Yanking the blade out it ripped the eyeball out of its socket.

Discarding the knife across the room Mark let the women’s body fall to the floor. Scanning the worktops a smile escaped Mark’s lips as his eyes focused on a large stainless steel frying pan. Gripping it firmly by the handle he leant over the women and shook his head slowly before repeatedly striking her full force with the pan. The sound of metal striking bone filled the room for what seemed eternity. Releasing the pan Mark once again raised the women to her feet.

The aroma of burning flesh filled the room as Mark held the side of her face against the warm stove creating a sizzling noise. While continuing to hole her head in place Mark took a hold of the carving knife. As it came to life Mark smirked, thrusting it into her chest. Blood began to spurt violently as her flesh and organs were being shredded to ribbons. Moving the blade up and down her lower torso he created a cross like incision. His fist plunged deeply into the chasm of her chest.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:09 pm Reply with quote
(( Mark is getting evil lol , nice post once again man ))

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:37 am Reply with quote
(( thanks Valek :) i hope to one day rival the evilness of the cappadocian prince himself lol. hmmm... or maybe ill turn into a little fluffy bunny instead. Moo Go Farrr........))

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:09 am Reply with quote
Her steps were slow and uneasy as the small child aged roughly around 5 worked her way cautiously down the stairs. Her voice was weary as she called out to her mother in a pleading whisper. Disorientated by sleep she held on to the banister that seemed far too high in proportion to her body. Coupled in her other arm was a white fluffy bunny hanging by its neck from her arm. Her pinkish soft pyjamas offered little protection from the chilling cold that sent shivers down her body.

The screams and loud clutter that had awoken her seemed to have stopped as she approached the hallway to the kitchen. As her bare feet touched the cold surface of the tiled floor she allowed a squeak to escape her lips. The sterile white kitchen she had seen all but a few hours ago had changed from the clean sterile environment she had grown up with for her entire life was now a gruesome sight that she could not even begin to fathom, something that had not even crept into her darkest of dark dreams.

Her eyes settled on the empty shell that used to hold the kind, warm gentle soul of her mother.

“Mommy?” her voice quaked with fear and uncertainty.

Appearing from the shadows Mark stood before her. His short and spiky black hair was conj elated (SP? Help lol) in clumps with deep dark dry blood. His pale skin was lifeless in comparison to the blood covered stains that streaked across his naked torso, face and arms. Layers of blood upon blood covered his body, Fresh blood that was still worm with life and old blood that died long ago with its victim. He smiled warmly, his pearl white teeth and fangs fully exposed to her.

As her eyes began to comprehend the nightmare she was living she began to scream and make a run for the exit. She stopped in her tracks, confused, as the fiendish demon behind her thrust her into the wall. Thrusting a kitchen knife deep into her back through her shoulder he pinned her firmly to the wall, her sharp screeches failing to penetrate the humanity of the fiend that was attacking her.

Dropping to his knees Mark knelt beside her and leaned in towards her ear, speaking with a compassionate and warm tone of voice.

“Your brother did something to hurt me Joan. He forced me to do this. I had no choice. But now I have taken care of your mother and your father will be home soon.” Mark sighed heavily as the girl continued to sob “Hey who am I kidding. I’m having more fun than I’ve had in a while and besides… you fucking little bitch you deserve to suffer.”

Ignoring her pleads and screams and efforts to free her self Mark ripped the back of her pyjamas open. Taking a hold of another knife he began to carve a word into the delicate flesh of her youthful body. As he came to the last letter he dug the knife in deeply and underlined the word.

His hate filled voice once again spoke into her ear “DARKNESS… It’s so you’ll remember me…” With a quick motion and a clean cut the knife sliced through her left ear “and this is so ill remember you”

Walking away from the trembling and broken young girl he moved towards the phone hanging from the wall. Holding it in one hand he began to key in the numbers “911” before letting the blood stained handle of the phone dangle from its wire in the wall. He then left the building and began his walk in the darkness his prizes and trophies in hand..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:57 pm Reply with quote
In his chamber of cold stone and dust Mark lay sprawled out across the blood stained covers of the king sized bed. The soft mattress brought comfort to his exhausted body, altering itself to the shape of his body. He closed his eyes and leant back in a relaxed and calm state.

“Why do you disturb me?”

A vampire servant entered the room so silently that he did not create a noise. It was his presence that Mark had sensed.

“Sir… you are required to attend the meeting with the elders of Cascadia tonight” The vampire spoke slow and cautiously as if he were a grovelling coward..

“You don’t need to remind me of my duties, why did she send you?” Mark let out a contempt sigh as he shifted around the bed trying to get more comfortable”

“She believes that you should…” the vampire cringed and gulped “Be dressed more suitable for the occasion and she suggests…you clean yourself of the blood”

Mark sat up and smirked at the vampire as he smeared the blood along his arms.
“I guess she might be right” Leaving the bed Mark stood and moved towards the adjoining room that served as a washroom.

Nearly an hour later Mark emerged from the chambers wearing a Giorgio Armani suit. His freshly polished shoes reflected the light from the flickering candles and the dark silver colour of the suit shone like the moonlight. His Bordeaux red shirt was complimented exquisitely by the tie wrapped around it. In his hand he held a black suitcase that smelt of brand new leather. His soft ice blue eyes were covered by a pair of designer sunglasses.

The only tell tale sign of his brutal massacre earlier that night was a small patch of dry blood towards the front of his spiky hair. He began the long cold walk down the street towards the meeting place, a few hours a head of schedule.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:40 am Reply with quote
CappadocianPosts: 6Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:09 am
All the supernatural activity in the area, had caused a minor bleep in the hunter.net tracking system. Ghosts and discplines usually would give off a frequency that the hunter's used to track their enemies. Ever since Kaylie was recruited by the Rowan Project, her hunting was quite easier. She sighed and continued to walk behind the vampire along the dark streets, shady homeless people laid upon the ground, she pasted them with a frown, they were like sheep, unable to find shelter, the easiest targets for the kindred. She continued to follow him until she reached the last building, looking back towards the street she glanced at the noise of a car, when her oculi returned his form had disappeared. She continued walking her brows perplexed in confusion. As she reached the edge of the building Mark's arm gripped her throat and placed her against the building wall hard, her breath escaped violently as she struggled to catch what breaths still remained upon her tender lips.

"Is there a reason your following me ... I don't have time for groupies" he said with an aggressive grin. She trembled a bit trying to breath it was too hard, his fingers pressed tightly around her lungs. As the color began to drain from her face he let go. She regained her composure and stood up straight.

"I have a message for you .. someone in your past is still alive ..someone you once loved .. you might not anymore but that doesn't matter, we have him and we've decided to make a trade. We want to know where the your "famous" eslyium is, in exchange your friend will be freed. Tomorrow at the Cascadia train station you may choose to leave to New England where your friend is being held, all expenses paid. If you don't go then atleast we can play doctor with your friend's corpse while he's alive.. well not alive but you know what I mean." He stared at her kind of shocked, and confused who was she talking about?

Dark mocha tresses were flicked about as she turned and took off, heading for the rusty steel fire escape. Her heels leaped forward as palms connected with the bars, her biceps hurled her body up to the second floor balcony and soon she was on the roof, disappearing from sight, hopefully getting away safely.

Offline Profile