<  Dusty Books  ~  From The Ashes Of The Damned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:03 pm Reply with quote
The horrific look of terror that was brought to life from a deep and dark place within her startled Mark as his eyes darted between Daisy and the doctor wearing a large white coat. A look of worry filled the doctor’s face as he looked upon the pale and disturbed lady beside the window. Fearing for her life he spoke calm and soothing words as he approached her.

As he continued to approach the fear in Daisy’s screams grew darker. The doctor’s warm gentle hand gripped tightly around her left sleeve.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:16 am
Daisys eyes widened with fear as she felt the doctor grab ahold of her sleeve. Her screams became a plead. NO! I won't go back I won't!! She saw the needle in the doctors other hand and memorise flashed before her eyes. The memorise of spending her childhood in the institution, of all the drugs they pumped her with and the night guards who thought the female patients no matter what age were to insane to know what they were doing to them and would be unable to tell or wouldnt be believed.
Daisy knew she was stronger than the doctor but her fear had paralised her.
The doctor tried talking to her in a soft soothing voice telling her it would be ok and that she needed to calm down. Daisy fell to her knees looking like a hurt lost and lonley child the panic in her eyes growing deeper. She looked up as the doctor moved the hand with the needle towards her.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
"Irk..." the doctor croaked in shock as his hand was wrenched back with such force that the syringe was jerked from his hand, and clattered to the cold, sterile floor of the room. Daisy's eyes traced the doctor's gaze towards her savior. A dark male stood behind the doctor, one hand gripping the doctor's wrist.

Thick winding strands of black hair framed his russet colored face perfectly, almost accentuating his sharp features. He wore a tight black suit that clung to his taught body, a dazzling wide collared shirt emerged from the top of the suit, the top few buttons undone and exposing the Ventrue's chest. A sparkling gold cross hung around his neck and sent barbs of light dancing across the room.

The stranger snapped his arm back, jerking the doctor backwards and sending him careening across the room. His body stopped abrubtly against the door, the doctor sliding to the floor in shock. Frightened and confused he scrambled to his feet, throwing the door open to flee.

As the doctor turned to bolt out the door, he was halted by a large form in the doorway. Gabriel stood silently, his hands in the pockets of his large overcoat. For a moment, all of time halted, and the five souls within the room were paralyzed, unclear on what would happen. The confused Kine stared into Gabriel's eyes for a moment and then slumped to the floor, finally ceasing all motion.

The Seneschal moved into the room slowly, locking the door behind him. His dark companion moved to his side, discreetly producing a pistol from his suit's inner confines. The Malkavian female scrambled towards Mark, huddling by his feet.

Archer himself shot an unsure glance at Daisy before returning his gaze at the intruders. The regal looking Ventrue began slowly pacing the room, seemingly paying no attention to Mark or Daisy. Stopping at the nightstand, his picked up a small bundle of flowers one of the nurses had apparently left the unconcious Malkavian. Gabriel gave a silent laugh, nodding his head slightly, before crushing the flowers in one gloved hand and letting the petals dance to the floor.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:30 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:16 am
Daisy locked her eyes on Gabrial watching his every move. Even while reaching up for Marks hand to help her get up, her eyes never left him. She wraped herself under his arm and whispered who is that? Mark didn't answe as he himself was watching Gabrials every move. Whats goin on Daisy asked aloud looking more confused than ever.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Mark held on tightly to Daisy protectingly as his eyes scanned the room. His eyes lingered on the venture as the petals slipped through his rough grasp. Mark sighed and frowned slightly as he cocked his head to the side.

“Hey there was no need to do that…”

Moving his head to the side and lowering it to Daisy’s head he spoke into her ear reasuringly.” Everything’s going to be fine Daisy.”

Mark shook his head slightly as his eyes moved to Gabriel. You know I would really ‘Love’ to stay and have one of those lovely meaningful talks that we normally have but unfortunately” Mark smirked and nodded his head in the direction of the bodies lining the floor “I have places to go and people to see and this is not the best time or place.”

Smiling sincerely he looked into the eyes of the unimpressed venture “Maybe we can catch up later.” Mark shrugged gently.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:16 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
Gabriel smiled slightly, his eyes still cast down towards the fallen petals. Slowly he turned towards Mark, a serious expression strewn across his chiselled features. His lips barely parted as he spoke, taught anger tensing every possible muscle in his face.

"Places to go and people to see eh? What Mark...perhaps another murder? Another slaying? Do you realize half the city is after you?" the Ventrue hissed, moving forward in paced steps, he stopped at the bed, mere feet from where Mark and Daisy sat. "You're a Kindred Archer...you endanger us ALL!" He raised a fist, shaking it violently, and for a moment seemed to fight an inner battle.

The outcome brought another cool grin across his face, as he let the fist disintigrate into a wave of the wrist. He shot a glance towards Santiago and then back to where the two Malkavians were.

"I intend to deliver you to the Prince, he and the Council will decide your fate." Mark stood up, his eyes full of hatred.

"Then you'll have to fight me." he growled, clenching his fists. Gabriel burst into laughter, holding his stomach. When the laughter subdued he smiled at Mark.

"As we Irish say Mark, why own a dog if you're going to do your own barking?" he snapped quickly and watched silently and Santiago lunged towards his opponents.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:39 am Reply with quote
Stop! Daisy yelled! FInally snapping. Ok this is it, I have had enough! She looks over at Gabrial. Look I don't know you but I have had a hell of a last 2 days! Everything that could go wrong has! Ive watched ans waited at Marks side as he was kindred kine kindred , ive been attacked by a crazy woman, Ive swam through blood, I was jumped at by one of the damn white coats, Ive been rushed to the hospital cuz they thought i was in shock and all that was just before breakfast!!!! I am losing it very fast so PLEASE.....DO NOT ANNOY THE CRAZY PERSON!!!!! She put her hands up to her head and grabbed the hair on either side of her head in her fists and let out a frustrating scream.
Daisy walked over to Gabrial and stood on her tippy toes trying to look him in the eyes. I swear if you or him nods in the direction of the other, so much as lays a hand on either of us I'll i'll..well you'll be sorry thats what! She stepped down off her toes and put her hands on her hips.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:12 am Reply with quote
Mark’s expression suddenly changed as a smile broke out across his face and calmness surrounded him. With his hands wresting lightly in the pockets of his trousers, his shoulders relaxed he stood staring at Gabriel watching his reaction as Daisy spoke to him.
Letting out a little laugh Mark shook his head slightly.

“You really do not wanna piss her off Mr O’Brien. Besides im sure you would agree…” Glances to the large venture who looked about ready to knock mark’s head off “That anything happening in hear might break your precious masquerade so we will just be leaving now,”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Gabriel looked over the petite Malkavian and groaned, annoyed at the interuption. Behind her, Santiago looked slightly confused, unsure of whether or not to attack Mark. Gabriel nodded towards Daisy and watched as Santiago gripped the miniscule vampire, placing a firm arm around her neck. Gabriel glanced over at Mark casually.

"I'm sorry Mark, but I'm afraid letting you wander the streets would be much more of a danger to the Masquerade."

((God, i'm sorry it's so damned short Marky Mark :/ my head hurts, i'm slightly hungover :(

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:41 pm Reply with quote
((hey dont worrie about it gabs, i think daisy is the only one doign long posts these days anyway lol wait untill you check out the size of my post below...

hey hangover.... at least it means youve been having fun lol

Last edited by Joshua on Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Mark narrowed his eyes a deep darkness filling them as he looked deeply into Gabriel’s eyes. Shooting a quick glance towards Santiago Mark returned his gaze, once more, to Gabriel.

“Call off your dog and let her go. She has nothing to do with this. This is between me and you. You know what the right thing to do is. Do it.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Lemme go you big jerk! Daisy yelled. Her eyes now gleaming with a hint of yellow as her temper flared. I demand to see Valek right now! Daisy strugled in the big guys grip. Do you know who I am!? You are gonna be so sorry! She looked over at Mark and made a slight motion to the window and mouthed the word go.
She then turned her head back to Gabrial and grinned. You know, you are kinda cute when your trying to be a big bad ass.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Cocking his head to the side Mark smirked and shook his head slowly as a laugh escaped his mouth. “I think you’ve bitten of more than you can chew Mr O’Brien.”

“You know what I have done as well as I have. I have to put an end to it, stop it. This is bigger than you are, than I am, than even the prince is. You have to trust me.”

After a moments silence a deadly seriousness filled Mark’s face “If you want me… come and get me”

Jumping backwards Mark smashed through the glass of the window behind him. The shattering glass sprinkled to the floor, scattering across it. Mark’s body landed hard against the floor.

A sharp groan escaped him as he swiftly pulled himself to his feet. Shards of the glass penetrated deep into his skin, blood seeping out of the wounds. Taking a step further away from the building Mark vanished into the Darkness. The power of his potent blood soared through his body as his wounds began to heal and he continued at a fast pace down the street towards the one place this had all started.

Using his vampiric powers his visage changed from that of himself to that of a blonde haired woman well dressed in a black dress, her high heels creating loud echoes as she walked down the pavement.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:43 pm Reply with quote
The spaniard looked bewildered at the Malkavian's erradic behavior, a clear sign that he hadn't much experience with dealing with them. His prisoner was busy sinking her tiny teeth into his forearm before he finally realized she was still there. He glanced over at his employer, who lean casually against the chipping green bedpost, brushing the last few glittering shards of glass from his forearm.

"Well," the Irishman said casually, almost pleasantly, "don't just stand there, do what I pay you for." he chuckled the last bit, seeming almost comfortable with the situation. Santiago tossed the girl away, sending her sprawling to the tile floor. With a fluid motion he swept across the floor and through the window, careful not to embed any remaining glass into his palms as he did so.

As he scaled rapidly down the rickedy rust worn fire escape, he cast one final glance up towards the window, where he could see Gabriel assisting the Malkavian to her feet. He shook his head, now unsure on whether his opponents were allies or enemies. The night was a cool one, the final heat waves of August giving way to the gulf breeze. Santiago could not detect the Malkavian's blood scent over the harsh unrelenting smell of butane and gasoline.

He wound his way through the city streets, detecting what bit of blood he could and loosely following the Malkavian's trail through various bars and alleyways....

((i'm at school, so i can't really deticate a proper post :/

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:44 pm Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
(( Nice post man :) ))