<  Dusty Books  ~  Shadows of the Past

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 71Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:00 pm
The man approached her slowly. Passion swept over her body as she felt his hot breath seemingly caress her skin. His hand slowly made its way up to her cheek, brushing it softly. Her eyes twinkled like they never had before, as he brought his lips to her ear.

"You must aid your clan Kiya. Your attempts are not futile. I see you, I hear you." He paused momentarily as his tongue ran up her neck. "I taste you". Kiya's body shivered. His touch overwhelmed all her senses.

"I know that you have not been loyal my childe. I know why you have not been loyal as well. Stand strong Kiya, you know what you want. I will help you to get it." She turned to him. Trying to catch that glimpse of his face that she had always longed for, but he was gone. His presence lingered as the first beams of the sun began to rise slowly above the rolling sands of the Egyptian desert.

Last edited by Euryon on Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The courage of the Blue... The valour of the Grey."
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:21 pm Reply with quote
She awoke suddenly, blood sweat seeping from every pore. Her entire body shook slightly as her hands reached for the coffin lid. She pulled it to the side and quickly sat up, grasping for her head.

"Set" she paused momentarily looking around the room. Her mind kept replaying the dream. "He came to me." Her voice was full of astonishment. She had betrayed her clan many times. If anything, Set would be sending people to kill her, not trying to put her on the right path. Set was known greatly for his wicked anger and unforgiving ways. It just didn't make sense. Why would he come to her?

Kiya slowly made her way out o her rest bed, her body still sweating slightly. She walked out onto the balcony, the bright lights making her flinch.

"Ms. Nekham," Frank's voice seemed somewhat urgent. "Please come down here." Kiya looked down to him.

"Yes Frank? Is there something you need?"

"No, you have to come down here." Kiya made her way down, cautiously entering the living room. "You have a visitor Kiya. He refuses to identify himself. He insists on seeing you and will not leave. He's sitting out on the front steps. Louie is monitoring him. He hasn't moved an inch.

Kiya shook her head slightly as she walked to the security room. She moved the camera up and down, scanning the visitor. He turned to the camera slowly, smiling.

"Hello Kiya."His voice was smooth, calm, and low, almost eerie. She had never seen him before, or at least she thought.

"How did he know I was looking at him?" She turned to Louie, bewilderment crossing her face. He just sat there shaking his head. Kiya sighed slightly. "Stay here, just keep an eye on what's going on. Kiya made her way out of the room and to the front door. She paused for a second, debating whether or not she should approach him, but did so anyways.

"I've been waiting for you Kiya." His smile seemed genuine. "We have a lot of catching up to do."

"Who are you?" She stepped out onto the steps and shut the door behind her.

"Oh, you don't remember me? What a shame" He brought his hand up to her face, running his fingers down her cheek. "Oh, but then again you probably wouldn't really remember me. We have never been formally introduced. I have been in the shadows your entire life, even before your embrace. Since your birth I have been there." Kiya just stood there in awe. &#8220;I was the one that gave you your name. Your mother knew from the beginning the divine plan that was set forth for you. You are meant for big things Kiya, even you know it. She knew that from the beginning, and that's why she let me raise you."

"You're insane. My mother raised me. You know not what you speak of."

"You don't think it strange Kiya that you were the only girl allowed to go to school? You don't find it odd that your father just disappeared one night after, well, you know what happened don't you Kiya?"

"Yes, yes I do. But you still didn't tell me your name." She crossed her arms trying not to show her amusement.

"Set came to you in your dreams didn't he Kiya? You are going to have many dreams of him from now on Kiya. You are chosen." The stranger turned, starting to walk down the path.

"Wait ..." Kiya took a few steps towards him. "What do you mean?"

"All in due time my childe. You will know sooner then you can even imagine."

"Who are you? Will I see you again?" She started to jog towards him.

"Oh you will my dear. Soon enough." He turned to her smiling. Kiya stopped in her tracks. "Whatever happens Kiya, do not be afraid. That is what will really kill you." With those words his seemed to mystify, disappearing into the night.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Kiya made her way back into her haven. It was obvious that she was thoroughly confused.

“Is everything okay Ms. Kiya?” Louis watched her closely with a look of concern across his face.

“I’m not sure Louis. I’m really not sure.” She continued walking towards the living room, letting herself fall across the couch. “That was one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me.” Her voice drifted off as if she were in somewhat of a fantasy state. “Louis, has Set ever come to you in your dreams?” She looked across the back of the couch at him.

“No ma’am. I haven’t had the privilege of such an event.” Kiya chuckled slightly to herself. Louis and Frank had no business being a Setite. They were true Brujahs at heart. Whoever their sires were had to have been desperate at the time. Her mind often drifted thinking about why things happened, and peoples true meanings in life, and the unlife. Louis and Frank’s meanings were evident, but hers. She was meant for great things. What did that man mean by that. “Great things” ran over and over again in Kiya’s mind like a child ringing the bell on their new bike.

Kiya brought her legs to her chest, her mind racing deep in thought. “I know I know him.” She muttered. “Where have I seen him before?” Kiya’s mind searched back. She reached for her childhood memories. “Where have I seen that man?”

Suddenly it came to her. The night her father disappeared, a man came to the door. Kiya was crawled up under the kitchen table, shaking. She could see the front door as her mother opened it. Her mother was a powerful women when need be, but was deathly afraid of her husband, as was the rest of the family. The man stood grinned, almost boasting as if he had won a million dollars. Her mother’s head hung to the floor as her eyes searched the man's face. The man walked around her mother and kneeled down in front of Kiya on the floor. “He won’t hurt you any more young one. You’ll see.” The man’s hand reached over and caressed Kiya’s cheek much like he did earlier that night. The young child that once was winced in pain, needles shooting through her cheek. The man gave a gentle smile realizing what he did. “I’m sorry my child, take care of yourself. You’re the only one you can depend on.” He stood slowly, his warm smile comforting Kiya more then anything else she had ever found before and after that night. Her father’s name echoed through the house as the words escaped from the strangers lips. Her father hurried out of the back room, smiling as if knowing the man. Kiya’s father reached out and grasped the stranger’s hand in a firm handshake. Her mother just remained looking at the floor until the two men walked out. A smile slowly crossed her face and she shut the door behind him. She looked at Kiya and gave her a little wink. “You’re going to be okay precious. Nothing bad will ever come to you again.”

Kiya snapped out of her daydream. "Did that really happen?" She wondered. It had to have happened. She remembered before her father disappearing that night, so that was definitely the truth. Was the rest of it? Or was it just wishful thinking. No, it happened. She was sure of it.

A faint knocking sound was heard at the front door. "My I am popular tonight." Frank entered the room with a large sealed envelope in his hand.

"This was just delivered Ma'am." Frank outstretched his arm, setting the envelope on the coffee table in front of her. "It sounded somewhat important." With that Frank turned and exited the room.

Last edited by Euryon on Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Kiya slowly ran her nail under the sealed flap. She removed the parchment that was once inside. The papers had a yellowish, antique look to them and the writing was old hand written script. She read the letter over, slowly, meticulously.

To my dearest Kiya,

I am hoping that you will grace me with your presence tomorrow at the Setite Temple in New York. We have much to go over, and we have to finalize a few affairs. I have enclosed a private plan ticket for you to make your trip her as comfortable as possible. I cannot wait to see that beaming smile of yours once again.

Forever yours,
~*Orhasa*~

The letter was marked with the Setite seal. She slide the ticket and the letter back into it's envelope.

"He's going to kill me I know it." She stood quickly from her seat and made her way quickly upstairs. She pulled a patterned cloth suitcase from the closet and began packing a few articles. Her eyes searched the closet for anything that may aid in protection for herself. Isaiah's sword leaned up against the back wall, it's blade gleaming with the reflection of the light. Kiya set it down next to the case, and quickly clasped the locks. She grabbed the case and held the sword in the other hand. Her eyes made one last sweep around the haven, being sure that she didn't forget anything. Her feet scampered down the stairs like a mouse running from a cat.

"Frank, have you seen my long fur coat?" Kiya searched frantically around the lower level.

"Aye, I have Ma'am." He disappeared into the security room only to surface a few seconds later clutching the long red fur coat. "Is this what you were looking for Ma'am?"

Kiya smiled, walking over to him and giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "What would I do without you?" she chuckled slightly and walked to the front door.

"May I ask where you are going Kiya?" Frank looked onto her with great concern. He knew something wasn't right, at least he was smart enough to sense that.

"Don't worry about me Frank. I'll be ok. I'm catching a plan in a bit that's going to be headed to New York. I have plenty of friends there hun. You really don't have to worry about me." Frank just nodded somberly. He didn't believe for a second that she was going to be ok. Kiya's demeanor was entirely to calm and overconfident. "I'll see you in a couple of days Frank." Kiya turned and walked out the door.

The wind was fierce. Her hair whipped against her face. The key fumbled, trying to find the lock but the comforting sound of the automatic locks let the grip of the hold go. Kiya slid comfortably into the black leather seat, and turned the car on. It purred like a kitten, as always. She sat back momentarily, taking a deep breath and trying to relax. "I'm going to be ok. I KNOW I'm going to be ok. I'm always ok." She kept saying this to herself over and over in her head. She didn't know if she was trying to convince herself of this, or if she actually believed it. Either way, it didn't matter. It was relaxing her.

Kiya quickly backed the car out of the driveway, and sped her way down the dirt road. Soon enough she saw the bright familiar lights of the Cascadian airport. This was one place in the city that you couldn't miss. The nightlights of the airport reminded her of the sun that she once saw so many years ago. She smiled slightly, trying to remember what it was like.

The BMW quickly made it's way up to the top of the parking garage. It was quite empty except for a few men standing next to a large black truck at the other end of the landing. The car shut off and Kiya quickly swung her legs out and headed towards the airport terminals. The faint sound of footsteps could be heard trailing behind her. Kiya stopped in her tracks, swinging around to see who it was. Two very large men dressed entirely in black from head to toe walked side by side, completely in stride with each other. Kiya turned, her pace quickening. The footsteps behind her quickened along with her own. She saw her terminal just up ahead, and brought her pace into a jog. The stuwerdis smiled at her, her head tilting to the side.

"Thank you for joining us. Have a good trip ma'am." Kiya frantically looked behind her, the men almost to where she was. Once she was on the plane, she was going to be okay. She was sure of it.

Kiya quickly sat on the beige colored leather bench seat. Her head fell back, resting on the side of the plane. Her eyes closed momentarily, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Ms. Nekham?" Kiya's head swung around as if she were possessed. She clutched at her breast.

"Who are you?" Her eyes were as big as saucepans.

"We were sent here to protect you by Orhasa." They lowered the entrance door and took a seat on the other side of the aisle. There faces were solemn, completely business like. Their silence made the plane ride the most uncomfortable 4 hours that she had ever encountered before, well, at least that she could remember.

By the time the plane landed in New York, the sun was ready to begin a new day. "We are to stay at the airport hotel. There has already been a room booked for us. Now if you will come with me." If Kiya still had her heart, it would have been beating through her chest. She couldn't trust these men, but at this point she really didn't have much of a choice. They seemed harmless enough. If they were going to do something, they would have done it on the plane, right? Maybe, or at least that was what she was going to let herself believe.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:52 pm Reply with quote
The day seemed to have passed quickly. Kiya opened her eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the world. She looked over on the other bed. The tall guy was sprawled out in his boxers, the muscles in his shoulders twitching as if he were strangling somebody. The other man passed out sitting up right in the chair, fully clothed. His black suit remained complete, now with just a few extra wrinkles.

Kiya's eyes made their way to the ground. Her red dress lay crumpled in a ball. "These guys are supposed to be watching me and they're not even awake." She chuckled slightly to herself and composed her belongings. Her feet quietly made their way to the bathroom. The door creaked as though it was a thousand years old and hinges had never been oiled. Kiya stuck her head out the door to see if she had awoke either of the men, both of them remained heavily asleep.

The spaghetti straps on her little nighty slid delicately down her arm as the silk fabric fell slowly to the ground. She stood there for a moment looking at herself in the mirror. The curves of her body were just as slim and womanly as ever. "I shoulda gone on this blood diet thing a long time ago &#8230;" A smile crept across as her hand reached to turn on the water. She eased herself into the porcelain-tiled shower. Steam rolled over the curtain, quickly beginning to fog the mirror. The water beaded in tiny spheres on her back, rolling down the feminine curves of her body.

"Miss Nekham ... you in there?" A light knocking was heard from the door.

"No ... I decided to drawn myself." The relaxing shower had just begun and it was already over.

"We have to get a move on it!"

"Yeah, like you're worried about that one sleeping as late as you did." She thought. She quickly turned off the shower and hopped out. Her clothes were already set out on the counter, all ready to be worn. Her makeup was scattered all over the counter, her usual method of finding what she needed. She quickly did her bathroom rituals and scampered out of the bathroom.

"You sure you're done? We wouldn't want to keep you or anything." The sarcasm radiated in their voice as they stood and headed for the door.

"Don't be using that sarcasm on me buddy. I wasn't the one that asked you to come with me." She followed out the door behind them, it shutting with a heavy thud.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:55 pm Reply with quote
(( Ok .. this was on the last board. I figured I would repost it and try to get my creative juices flowing again. I have a couple of other posts that I need to find. Please tell me what you think. Thanks guys.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
((wow...very nice Kiya...look forward to more. How you been? haven't holla'd in awhile.

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:23 pm Reply with quote
MalkavianPosts: 16Location: Yorkshire, EnglandJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:06 pm
(( Yep its a really cool story :) , keep it coming , can't wait to see more . ))

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:06 am Reply with quote
The men lead Kiya down the long red carpet leading to the hotel lobby. Mirrors lined the walls and grimmy fingerprints clouded the reflection.

"Boys, will you slow your pace just a bit? I'm sorry but my legs aren't as long as yours, and these pumps just are not helping me." She struggled with her coat trying to keep up the pace.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we're already late."

"Oh, and that would be my fault I take it?" She rolled her eyes adjusting the coat to her shoulders. The men just looked at each other ignoring her remark.

The automatic doors swung open to a black limo waiting outside. One of the men grab the handle and opened the door. "After you ma'am." Kiya looked at him, frowning a bit in disguist. The men slid into the limo after her taking the seats across from her.

"You'll be there in a minute and then we will be out of your hair." The anxiety withen Kiya was building. Her eyes glared out the tinted windows watching the street walkers, drunks, and bums as she drove by. Kiya chuckled slightly muttering to herself "You guys would fit right in out there."

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. Can you repeat yourself?" The bigger of the two looked at her questioningly.

"Oh nothing, just talking outloud to myself." Kiya's eyes remained focused on the street outside as the car dipped down and the street lights were slowly out of view.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:08 am Reply with quote
(( I realize that this is an extremely old post ... but I figure that I can use this to get my happy arse back in character. And Gabe ... do you have your cell phone on you during the attacks? And if you do are you in a position to answer your phone? lol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:51 am Reply with quote
(( Very nice post baby :) ))

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:44 pm Reply with quote
The car hummed out of site of the bustling streets. Kiya laid her head back closing her eyes momentarily. “I take it we’re there.” Her voice broadcasted her uninterest with the entire endeavor.

“Yes ma’am, you are. I would suggest that you get yourself prepared.” Kiya opened her eyes suddenly, extremely offended.

“And what exactly would you mean by that?” Her voice intonation rose.

“Oh, you finally decide to show interest in something?” The small man smirked at what he thought was a witty comment. Kiya rolled her eyes as the car slowly eased to a stop in front of a pair of huge shinny glass doors trimmed in gold.

“This is your stop ma’am. Well be leaving you at this point.”

“Oh what a shame. It’s been your pleasure I’m sure.” The driver opened the door abruptly. Kiya smiled as she outstretched her slim legs. She stood looking around at where she was. Behind her was entirely black, nothing could be seen within the shadows. The doors in front of her radiated with light. A man stood just behind the first set of doors.

“You’ve finally made it young one.” He gracefully made his way out the door, holding it open for Kiya signaling for her to come in. His lips smiled genuinely at her. “Come in please dear. No need to stand in the parking lot for another century.” Kiya didn’t say a word, probably for the first time in her life, as she entered the temple.

“This truly is nothing like I pictured it.” She looked around, the walls lined with gold, the floor with tiles of marble and turquoise.

“This is just part of it my dear. There are other sections that I’m sure would appease what your imagination has brought you.” He walked swiftly down the corridor. The clicking of her heels echoed throughout. The silence was almost deafening.

“Are we the only ones here?” Orhasa stopped in his tracks, turning to Kiya. His hand once again stroked her cheek.

“No my childe, but these walls speak of no secrets. You will learn that.” The smile remained on his lips, never moving as if it were glued into place. “Please, this way Kiya.” Orhasa gestured to the elegantly crafted gold door a few feet in front of them. “After you.”

Kiya slowly made her way in. She was still in awe of her surroundings. Pictures of set, pyramids, and deserts lined the walls. Antique pots that must have been centuries old decorated the corners of the room. A mahogany desk sat at the far end of the room. Orhasa headed for the plush leather chair that sat behind the desk. “Please have a seat Kiya.” Kiya looked at the chair lined with silk. The patterns could only have been found in her native lands. Her hands grasped the arms as she eased herself into the seat.

“I’m sure you are wondering what this is all about.” The smile was still glued into place, never twitching once from it’s designated spot.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:07 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
((nice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:32 am Reply with quote
(( Yep , very nice work baby :) ! ))

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:22 pm Reply with quote
[i:29c5cc9024][b:29c5cc9024]Elysium , Cascadia[/b:29c5cc9024][/i:29c5cc9024]

In the dimly lit library up the hidden underground Elysium , attending the very last matter of the night with a member of Clan Ventrue . The discussion rather looked like a disagreement on a past event that took place many years ago . The chat has been lasting for over two hours and the impatience of Valek was starting to show in his voice .

" I have told you countless times blue blood , my answer remains the same , I suggest you stick to my words for my patience has its limit , and it is growing very thin , don't push your luck . I give you two nights to fix this matter ... or else . "

Fear now encarved in the Ventrue's eyes as he looked down on the ground for a split second , a feeling of disagreement made the blue blood stood up slowly

" I firmly disagree on this my Prince .... this cannot be done in two nights . "

Valek frowned as he heard once more the deffiance (sp) of the Ventrue toward him , slamming one fist on the expensive glass table , breaking it , Valek stood up slowly letting his trademark black trench coat extend all the way to his feet , the dark Prince spoke

" Ive did more than this in less than a night peon ! My words are final ! dare you go against it once more you will suffer the consequences and trust me , this aint something you want to live long enough to feel . "

The fear growing in the Ventrue's mind , he finally noded in agreement and spoke his final words

" A single Setite might proove hard to find my Prince , but I shall handle this matter . "

- Valek - " Do not make me wait longer , patience is not one of my virtues "

With those words said the Ventrue left the Elysium as Valek descended the stairs down to Kiya's office . The reflection of Valek's dark frame was appearing on the Elysium expensive marble floor . Arriving at Kiya's office door , a Setite stopped him in his track

" I'm afraid I cannot let you enter Miss Nekham office my Prince , she is not available at this moment "

The anger raising in him after finally dealing with the Ventrue earlier , Valek pushed the Setite against the wall holding him there as he said " I have matter of high importance to discuss with her , where is SHE !? "

Last edited by Mark Archer on Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.