<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Dinner at Midnight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Sorenti left Reannag standing, still shocked by his sudden turn of attitude. He circled the block, met up with his guards at the opposite end, gave them explicit orders and hurried back to his haven. As he strode through the door, Imo-rah took his coat and barked at the servants to get some lights on. Sorenti almost flew through to the room that had become his library, boxes and cases of books lay everywhere, assembled by members of his entourage from all over Cascadia.

History books, resident lists, deed lists, family trees, even heradlry....everything that could be found concerning Cascadia itself, it's occupants, whether dead or alive, who had how much of what and where. As the lights slowly grew in brightness, Sorenti was already deep in the stacks of books, rifling through, searching for anything on Reannag, Lasombra and known Sabbat nests. He also pulled out a couple of detailed, recent maps of Cascadia, his mind working furiously.

Imo-rah stood watching as the pages of books flew like they were possessed, only punctuated by the odd chuckle from Sorenti as he read of Reannag's misdemeanours and past loves. Suddenly, Sorenti sat back hard and slammed the book shut, he shook his head and looked up at Imo-rah, beckoning him over.
He spread the larger of the two maps out, over the broad oak dining table, tracing his fingers quickly over certain areas. His hand stopped and he tapped the map,

"Here....right here is perfect!"

Imo-rah quickly circled the area with a pen and Sorenti lashed out, sending the young boy flying against the wall. He looked up at Sorenti in shock, his cheeks reddening as tears welled in his eyes.

"Idiot!" Sorenti growled, "If I wanted any evidence, I'd write it down and have it made into posters to put around the city! You fool!"

Imo-rah vaguely began to understand as Sorenti screwed the map into a ball and threw it on the fire in the ornate marble mantelpiece. He struggled hard and bit back the tears, cursing himself for not asking before acting. As he picked himself up, one of Sorenti's guards walked into the room. Sorenti turned to face him,

"Well?" Sorenti asked

"Six...two mortal, four Kindred sir, all serious."

"Excellent, hmmmm....better watch the mortals, they can be trouble....all of them have what I asked?"

"Without a doubt sir"

Sorenti nodded and dismissed the guard, lighting a cigarette as he sat back to await the return of his other guard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm
(:) I love the jolly Enlgish-mens posts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:46 am Reply with quote
((Thanks Rof, lol....and DAMNIT! I had this entire thing worked out last night and now my brain goes to mush typical! Ah well, guess it could be because it is 7:45am right now lol. "Sleep is a mere dream in itself, for are we ever truly awake?"-Ray, 2002 hehe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:30 am Reply with quote
No sooner had he lit the cigarette, than the other guard stepped quietly into the room, he said nothing, but held out an ornately carved, silver box. Sorenti smiled deviously as it caught the light, he got up and approached the box cautiously. Treating it like it was the most fragile china, he gently lifted the lid. The white gold necklace inside had a pearlescent shimmer which was so endearing it begged to be touched. Sorenti looked at the guard,

"Skin contact?"

The guard nodded slowly and Sorenti smiled in wonder at the divine piece of jewelery before he snapped the box shut, not wanting to be teased into touching it. He shook his head to clear his thoughts of the necklace and looked back at the guard,

"The old prison complex, the walls and steel gates are still in place"

"Very well sir, I will take our guests there now"

Sorenti nodded, pulling his jacket on and a pair of black, leather gloves to match,

"I will follow in a few minutes" Sorenti said, "Take our guests, then go pick up the Lasombra....and take your time" he said with a smile,

"Certainly sir" the guard replied and bowed out of the room, heading outside to the parked limousines.

Sorenti looked at Imo-rah, who had stayed silent during the dialogue, and smiled gently,

"Forgive me Imo-rah, I just have to be so careful with this...I will NOT step outside the boundaries of Kindred law, it is the form that was chosen for me and it is the form that I shall walk in"

The young lad smiled back,

"It's ok Sorenti sir, I know I was an idiot, I will think more clearly in future"

Sorenti chuckled at the lad's desperation to please and patted his shoulder lightly,

"Come on, let us go, I have a dinner date to attend!"

The two left the servants to tend the fire and walked outside to the last waiting limousine. When they had got in, the long, sleek black car pulled effortlessly away, its long nose sweeping smoothly round and out towards the gates.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 6:27 am Reply with quote
(( Yep man very cool post :smile: ))

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:55 pm Reply with quote
((Thanks, if my damn connection would last long enough, I'd finish it...ahh nuts, I'll just write it offline then copy and paste it lol...sorry Rea...have been trying to post for a few days now :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 11:52 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
((its ok ray,whenever your ready :smile::)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
((has no idea where ray is going with this but i have to post lol))

Reannag leaned forward and rested her arms on the back of the passenger seat.
"so where are we going then?" her soft voice asked looking at the driver.
His eyes continued to stare ahead at the road, a blank expression on his face.

(9doesnt know what else to post .....ray where are you!!!!!!!!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:26 am Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:56 am Reply with quote
(( Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm ... Sorenti is not himself ... and invited Rea to dinner when he doesn't remember who she is ... Uh oooooooooh ... looks like trouble ... :eek:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:27 am Reply with quote
((hehehhe i know kiya,its all good fun though hheehehe

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:49 am Reply with quote
((Right here Rea....finally!))

As the great black limousine pulled up behind the other two, Sorenti was already studying the six "guests". He stepped out of the car and slowly approached the small line, rather like a football coach to his team. Carefully he eyed each one in turn, first a tall, dark Kindred, Lasombra with a dark aura that just screamed of diablerie. Next was a pair of stocky Brujah Antitribu, both heavily muscled and heavily armed, with quick, furtive eyes that suggested government agency training.

The fourth was female, locks of jet black hair bound tightly behind her head, a skintight, but bulging slightly, black outfit that concealed innumerable devices and weapons, Assamite and probably bored, Sorenti thought. Then his eyes fell on the last two, mortal and looking like tramps, but Sorenti knew their image was a dangerous one, the fully automatic rifle one of them held like a baby sort of gave that away.

Satisfied, Sorenti slowly paced along the line, glancing at them every now and then as he spoke,

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to ReaFest 2002! As I am sure you are already aware, the cost for this little event is $25,000 each, with the winner receiving twice his or her stake in return, if you pardon the pun. The winner being, of course, the one to put the Lasombra Reannag into her final death. At that time, the game will end and the winner or winners will be paid. For those of you who do not succeed, then at least you can take away the satisfaction that comes from some REAL target practice!" Sorenti paused and looked at them for effect, sweeping his eyes along the line.

"I am told that she will be here in just under 15 minutes, so I suggest we go over the terrain and you make your preparations." He stepped forward as his guard unlocked the great gates of the prison compound and stood back to allow them to enter.

"First off, this is an old prison complex that was to be demolished to make way for a shopping complex, however, due to the proverbial "red tape" it was never completed. So, we shall "borrow" it for tonight. As you can see, the walls all around are still fully intact and stand at 35 feet high, topped with razor wire curving inwards. The central building itself mainly still stands, but if you'll follow me into it and look up, you will see there is no roof anymore, just a hollow shell of walls." He waited for the acknowledgements of everyone before continuing.

"Secondly, these are the rules of this engagement, Reannag will arrive and will be greeted by one of my guards, she will be brought into the main building here, where the table has been set for our "dinner date". Here Sorenti was forced to pause as the rumble of laughter echoed in the halls.

"So, she will be brought in here, we will have a chat and some refreshment, then I will leave the compound, letting you all in, the gates will then be locked behind you until the game is over. Nobody gets out till she is dead...should you all fail, then she will be left in here for the sun as there is nowhere to hide. BE WARNED, she may be armed, though from the look of you all, you are far better armed....and let's face it, it only adds to the excitement, no?" The laughter and agreements made Sorenti smile as he began to collect their $25,000 each, totalling $150,000.

The Lasombra stepped forward and asked what Sorenti guessed all the others were thinking,

"What are you gonna do with the money, you could leave us all in here?" he asked

"Very true" Sorenti replied, "That is why the money goes into this safety box and will stay inside the compound with all of you. If I left you all here to the sun, one, the mortals over there would survive anyway and two, I couldn't come to get the money then could I?" Sorenti hid his smirk as they all nodded in approval.

"Remember, your stake AND double it if you win, that's $75,000 to the victor, good luck to you all." Sorenti smiled warmly and turned away "Oh, one more thing, I would watch your backs from each other too, of course, if only one survives they HAVE to be the winner!"

Flaring his jacket in a circular motion as he whirled away from them, Sorenti grinned evilly, not needing to see the now wary and suspicious looks the six were giving each other. As everybody began to disappear into the night outside the complex, Sorenti stopped the Assamite female, he whispered softly in her ear,

"The two mortals are the best armed of all of you, be a shame to see the money go to them, wouldn't it my dear?"

She replied with a slow, dark smile, nodded curtly and seemed to vanish into the shadows. Sorenti smiled to himself and ordered away one of the limousines, so that just his remained. Knowing that Imo-rah could see him through the dark glass of the windows, Sorenti gave a slight wink and then stood expectantly waiting for Reannag.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:38 am Reply with quote
((omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....:(:(

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:50 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm
((OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS IS AWESOME!...oh...sorry rea...but you ...could...still surivive it...BUT THIS IS EXCELLENT A HUNT! YEAH! hey...sorrenti...why not you invite Rofellos...he want fight ...we want diablerize rea....her blooood and tender lasombra flessssshh sooo tasty and warmm...mmmmmm Reanagg :grin:rool:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Seriously this is cool! and sorry to hear about your untimly passing reanagg! :lol: :lol: j/k

:beer:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:13 am Reply with quote
(( And like THAT wasn't obvious. Well ... that EXACTLY wasn't ... that's some pretty good imagination ... very nice .... Good job you guys :smile: