<  Ancient Tomes  ~  Another Night, Another Step Closer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 6:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 0Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:26 pm
The tavern this night was filled with patrons, some here to burn stress from a hard day’s work, most here to forget their lives, drowning their sorrows in a mug of dark ale. As always, there was a constant low rumble of various conversations, the few not already drunk talking to old friends, or perfect strangers, hoping for someone who could care.

Outside the tavern, the stars shone brightly, the full moon high in the sky, casting a faint blue light all through the town, easily illuminating all those who walked, sneaked, or stumbled through the dirt streets, except for one. This one, this shadow walking the streets, somehow managed to avoid the illumination, and did so skillfully enough, that most never even saw his passing. His footfalls made hardly a whisper, his cloak lightly billowing in the cool desert wind.

The Tavern door swung open, revealing a figure dressed in dark desert robes, the customers at the bar turned to briefly regard this new arrival, then went back to their respective drinks. He made his way through the various crowds, heading to his table, which, as always, was empty, even on the wooden floor his padded boots made no sound. He pulled out a chair, and sat down, waiting for his contact to arrive, and for this night of business to commence…………….

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 8:24 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 0Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm
((very good. :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:14 pm Reply with quote
((heh, thanks :smile: part 2 will come shortly

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 5:19 am Reply with quote
((ewwwww!! what's gonna happen? murder, intrigue? we can only hope! :smile:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 7:31 am Reply with quote
User avatarCaitiffPosts: 16Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:18 am
((Remember people.. he's assamite

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 7:48 am Reply with quote
(( Nice post man :smile: i look foward reading some more :smile: ))

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 6:11 pm Reply with quote
((*sniffle* i feel so appreciated :smile: heh))

A young serving girl came to the table, the wanton stares of several men sitting at the bar following her, and quietly asked, “something to drink tonight sir?”
“no… no thank you, I’m fine” the man replied, his voice low, laced with venom.
She quickly made her way back to the bar, glad to not have to return to the man’s table again, his gaze, his very voice unnerving her, sending a chill down her spine.

The door suddenly swung open, hitting the wall with a crack. A lone figure stood in the archway, sand blowing into the tavern around him, causing several patrons to turn and stop their flirting with the young girl, and cursed him, telling him to close the door.

The man pulled his cowl a bit lower and reached out a withered, clawed hand, grasped the door, and swung it shut. His cowled head turned towards the far table, and, seeing his contact there, slowly walked over. His pushed his way through the crowd, with strength that seemed out of place for such a hunchback, withered looking form. He sat down quietly, and nodded slowly to his companion…….

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 11:30 pm Reply with quote
((heh, life's picked up this past week :smile: so i haven't had a chance to write the next part, but, here it is))

They sat for several minutes, a comfortable silence between the two of them, simply watching the kiner go about their evening lives. Finally, realizing that he did not have all night to simply sit around, Raithor looked up at his companion, and, in a low, quiet voice, asked, “ Have you got the maps I requested?”
The cowled man turned back to Raithor, his hooded head nodding, and in a raspy voice, “come now, have I ever disappointed you? They were very hard to come bye.” The nosferatu reached out a withered hand, holding two scrolls, each sealed with the spies crest.
“ah, excellent, my thanks old friend. With these I should have what I want, and be out of this city by midnight”
The nosferatu chuckled, a low crackling sound, like two pieces of sandpaper being rubbed together, “your thanks, AND your gold” he said, his withered hand extended again, a gleeful glint in his eye.
Raithor chuckled, remember just where his friends loyalty’s always lay, he reached into his cloak, pulling free a small pouch. He flicked his wrist, tossing the bag to Reag, who caught it easily, and hid it away in a pocket just as quickly.
“now, if you’ll excuse me,” Reag said, starting to get to his feet, “I’ve a lot more work this evening. Goodbye”
He got up, and made his way through the crowd, back out the door he came in…….

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 11:51 pm Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
((Excellent stuff fellow Canadian dude! ::grabs Valek and Chaz:: it's that time again!